Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I want to hear all the bad jokes Jotaro told Jolyene
He was gone for most of her childhood to spare her all the dad jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Amaryllis posted:

He was gone for most of her childhood to spare her all the dad jokes.

Obviously he sent them to her by e-mail

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's kind of a bummer how the character in this part of the part gets killed right after being introduced.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The OP really sort of plays up him being there, too.

I wonder if they'll remove him after he dies :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it does a good job of making kira a very visible and immediate threat

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

multijoe posted:

I'm really looking forward to Jotaro beating the crap out of Kira because

a) Kira really, really deserves it

b) It's nice to see Jotaro still has it

It'll be a good callback to the Steely Dan beatdown and I can already picture the Stardust Crusaders outro when he smiles at Koichi and passes out.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

For being offed so quickly, Shigechi is an incredibly iconic cast member. His importance is definitely greater than his screentime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shigechi is cuter than I remember him being.

I can't believe Josuke and Okuyasu are corrupting this poor child with the evil influence of money. :(

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I want to hear all the bad jokes Jotaro told Jolyene

We aren't told the jokes, we just see the effect it has on Jolyne.

This makes it all the more terrifying for the audience.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Shigechi getting killed by Kira was extremely hosed up and I'm glad he got hit by that goddamn ambulance

Let's not say things we can't take back

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

no they will not posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back

shigechi was a little angel and in the end even the siren song of money couldn't keep him from understanding the value of friendship

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

FirstAidKite posted:

Araki seemed to experiment with what a human can look like in part 4-6, with a lot of the more beautiful designs sticking and the other more experimental designs ending up like uhhh

well

Carne

Shigechi isn't as bad as radio tower dude tho imo, that dude started off fine and then got all weird looking. RPS kid looks real weird too tho that might be because of the giant hole in his face.

I think Shigechi is in this weird design place where he's designed to be ugly, but in a cute way? Like early design Iggy, or pugs. I really don't get the hate for him or even people sincerely saying that he's ugly since he doesn't look that bad. He's weird-looking and annoying but that's about it.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's the snot-trails that kinda make him unattractive and he's definitely annoying, but he's "I'm a kid who seems to have cognitive issues" annoying so eh.

Anyway, today's episode was really great and actually seeing Harvest made me appreciate that Stand a bit more.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can get behind UglyCute, but Shigechi doesn't even do that, I just don't like his design. The anime made him smaller, fixed his weird cheekbones things so he's a lot better and it's hard to smile when he talks about how he made sure to ask the police if what he was doing was wrong and makes sure not to leave Morioh alone cause he might get lost or kidnapped :3: IIRC,some later parts of Harvest feel a little weird because of Josuke and Okuyasu's aggression and readiness to throw down towards a kid who doesn't seem all there.

But I also like that before his death, Kira was doing everything he could to prevent killing him until Shigechi forced him into a corner because of his (understandable) nature of that's MINE. Obviously Kira is an awful person for killing a child, but I like the situation is at least a bit more nuanced than Man Hunts And Murders Child To Get A Bag Back

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 30, 2016

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is everyone stretching out thier vowels an affectation of the Higashikata family or is it just something the Jojolion scanlators are doing on thier own

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Is everyone stretching out thier vowels an affectation of the Higashikata family or is it just something the Jojolion scanlators are doing on thier own

It feels like it's more than the Higashikatas that do it and it really bugs me to, to the point where even if it's faithful to the original I would much have preferred that to have been taken out of the translation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meet my friend Joooooooutarooooooou Kuuuuuuuuujooooooooo~u

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

YF-23 posted:

It feels like it's more than the Higashikatas that do it and it really bugs me to, to the point where even if it's faithful to the original I would much have preferred that to have been taken out of the translation.

I like it. Makes them seem quirky and more real.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

We aren't told the jokes, we just see the effect it has on Jolyne.

This makes it all the more terrifying for the audience.

Agreed. It is kinda terrifying that Jotaro's dadjokes are powerful enough to turn a young girl into what's basically The Terminator.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Killer Queen what are you doing stop that

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

This is the band that gave us the names Magenta Magenta and Wekapipo, no?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Begemot posted:

I like it. Makes them seem quirky and more real.

It completely breaks the flow of the dialogue for me. Try reading a few pages where they do that and pretending it's not there, it reads much better.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
uguuu~

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol if you don't think Part 8 is better because there's a part where Daiya just yells PANCAAAAAAAKES at breakfast time

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh this loving ruuuuules

Tag yourself, I'm the middle fem Killer Queen wearing a Blues Brothers tank and a hat that says HL'LUE

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 30, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Butt Ox posted:

This is the band that gave us the names Magenta Magenta and Wekapipo, no?

Yup.
Didn't diggy mo also do some screentones for a page in sbr?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Moltrey posted:

lol if you don't think Part 8 is better because there's a part where Daiya just yells PANCAAAAAAAKES at breakfast time

i don't believe in god

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the middle fem Killer Queen wearing a Blues Brothers tank and a hat that says HL'LUE

That's definitely just soul'd out on the tank, not blues brothers

Those bruno boots though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want a hundred Killer Queens.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

That's definitely just soul'd out on the tank, not blues brothers

Those bruno boots though
lmao, it totally is. The hat is also supposed to say ALIVE, but that font is terrible.

Girl literally took the lower third of Bruno's outfit tho. Bob cut Killer Queen with a huge camo jacket and then camo thigh highs is also very, very good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood-chan, can we have the anime thread renamed to a variation of "beautiful duwang *chew*" in 2 weeks when our boy Kira and Killer Queen eat that sammy/kill a fatty?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I don't hate Shigechi or anything but I can't wait for him to die. Thinking of this consumes me

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
13 days until Shigechi dies and it cannot come soon enough

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If david keep Kira's hosed up arm proportions in the "I will erase you" panel I will love them forever and ever even more than I do now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moltrey posted:

13 days until Shigechi dies and it cannot come soon enough

Not sure Kira wants a Quiet Life will be a one parter. It's 6 chapters if you include People of Morioh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They can pretty easily put that in the start of Cinderella, which will probably run 2 with that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
People of Morioh ends with "Shigechi: Dead" and Kira looking at his next victim, it just gels better that way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My initial thought was that the end of Harvest would include like Kira getting his sandwich, but Part 1 only covered 3/7 chapters so it prooobably won't, tho the first half of Harvest is more dialogue heavy than the latter half.

It feels weird to do a two parter for a five chapter arc + an epilogue, but it would help line up Sheer Heart Attack to be the second cour finale

I MIGHT be okay with Shigechi's death being three weeks away if Part 1 ends Killer Queen appearing and Kira's "I'll erase you."

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 30, 2016

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

yes, yes, yes

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Based on the characters we see in the opening the second cour finale should be atom heart father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moltrey posted:

My initial thought was that the end of Harvest would include like Kira getting his sandwich, but Part 1 only covered 3/7 chapters so it prooobably won't, tho the first half of Harvest is more dialogue heavy than the latter half.

It feels weird to do a two parter for a five chapter arc + an epilogue, but it would help line up Sheer Heart Attack to be the second cour finale

I MIGHT be okay with Shigechi's death being three weeks away if Part 1 ends Killer Queen appearing and Kira's "I'll erase you."

I was thinking ending of chapter three "so you have powers like mine"...