Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Steven Universe is pretty good, but there are definitely a lot of people that read too much into it. The show has some subtle LGBT themes, but then many people acts like that's all it's about. Focusing only on that actually cheapens it IMO.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Remember when that SA poster wetlegs guy got outed as a diaper fetish pedo with a transformation fetish then subsequently arrested? Good times.

Haha, I actually do remember that, but what does that have to do with anything? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Autumn Angel posted:

Steven Universe is pretty good, but there are definitely a lot of people that read too much into it. The show has some subtle LGBT themes, but then many people acts like that's all it's about. Focusing only on that actually cheapens it IMO.

Haha, I actually do remember that, but what does that have to do with anything? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Oh just saying that poster who pointed out you shouldn't condemn a show based on the horrible broken fan base was right since SA has a bunch of horrible broken fans some of whom make weird SA mirror sites after they get banned and enjoying SA doesn't necessarily make you a horrific train wreck of a person. Kinda like how both my brother and Hitler have vegetarianism in common but my brother teaches special needs kids instead of gassing them. We're all posting on the same website as Wetlegs did but it's a pretty rare goon that has much more in common with him than that.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
You guys see tonight's ep? Pretty solid

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

amazing

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh just saying that poster who pointed out you shouldn't condemn a show based on the horrible broken fan base was right since SA has a bunch of horrible broken fans some of whom make weird SA mirror sites after they get banned and enjoying SA doesn't necessarily make you a horrific train wreck of a person. Kinda like how both my brother and Hitler have vegetarianism in common but my brother teaches special needs kids instead of gassing them. We're all posting on the same website as Wetlegs did but it's a pretty rare goon that has much more in common with him than that.

Well I will just let you know I fit none of those descriptions. Also I am scared now. I hope your bro is doing well!

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

trash person posted:

Some people delude themselves into thinking liking children's cartoons as an adult make them 'enlightened' or secure in their maturity.

In reality it's an escape from the real world where they fail at being an adult and return to childish, shallow thoughts.

In summary, liking Steven Universe is the same thing as liking My Little Pony.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Farg posted:

You guys see tonight's ep? Pretty solid

Yeah, my favorite part was how Shigechi was just such a shitlord after getting money

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A sensible cartoon fan that thinks it's ok to enjoy something a little immature in moderation, as long as you don't take it too far like those other fans. Has 800 posts in the tv/iv steven universe thread

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Have we started arguing about best pony yet

I've almost got my GIFs picked out

you know what i dont like any of you y'all fuckers get the chicken yodel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 30, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGO8sJwcAa4

gumball can be creepy as gently caress sometimes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Steven Universe actually goes further on some things than I would prefer for a show with its supposed target demographic, but overall I think it hits more than it misses.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

These Steven Universe mock threads attract the people they're mocking and eventually just turn into Steven Universe threads. :gas:

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
So is this show about like Goku if he thought he was a girl

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
30000 posts is s lot!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A sensible cartoon fan that thinks it's ok to enjoy something a little immature in moderation, as long as you don't take it too far like those other fans. Has 800 posts in the tv/iv steven universe thread
:wth:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Autumn Angel posted:

The show has some subtle LGBT themes, but then many people acts like that's all it's about.

lol 'subtle'

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
what is wrong with you people

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Honestly? I'm trying to get this thread to 30000 posts

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What about Adult Swim cartoons on drugs? Is that socially acceptable?
ill allow it

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just noticed something

This is the flag of Vietnam

Steven is a Vietnamese agent

ALSO

Ups_rail fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 30, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I hope Donald Trump uses Stephan Universe as a measuring bar for the new holocaust.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
I watched about 2 minutes of this while I can't rate its qualities as a kids show it's clearly precision milled to attract critical praise from virtue signallers and shut-in gender obsessed virgins

there is no way to not see this immediately unless you belong to one or both of those shameful groups of "people"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

These Steven Universe mock threads attract the people they're mocking and eventually just turn into Steven Universe threads. :gas:

Sometimes the threads present normally throughout the first page, then infection sets in on the second page and by the third page people are linking gifs from tumblr.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGO8sJwcAa4

gumball can be creepy as gently caress sometimes.

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVA1479Xcmo

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
*bursts into queer nightclub* Friends! Allies! It is I, a sensitive person. Allow me to present my bona fides. *opens jacket to reveal shirt of queer space rock people* You can trust me. You can trust me. Now - which one of you is going to become my best friend for the rest of your life?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

*bursts into queer nightclub* Friends! Allies! It is I, a sensitive person. Allow me to present my bona fides. *opens jacket to reveal shirt of queer space rock people* You can trust me. You can trust me. Now - which one of you is going to become my best friend for the rest of your life?

I AM TE TOILET

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

about 20 years ago we had this bigass german shepherd and of course we couldn't train him for poo poo so he'd just lie on whatever furniture he wanted whenever nobody was looking so one day my brother walks into his bedroom and there's the dog, and my brother goes apeshit and starts yelling at the dog to get down but the dog is like ha ha, gently caress you, so my brother grabbed his forelegs and started pulling him off the bed

this caused the dog's dick to get caught in the sheets and it started to bend

the dog started to shriek and my brother just thought the dog was being pissy about being dragged off a bed

we then had this baying, shrieking giant dog with a hosed up bleeding dick limping around the bedroom and then mom showed up and started screaming and oh loving god it was horrible and we had to take the dog to the vet to get his dick fixed

so that's MY dog dick thing

I AM THEN TOIELT

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

it is my sincere hope that a person who would normally find steven universe to be very fun and intertaining and would even bother to incorporate the show into their daily lives runs across this thread where %99 of the goons are making GBS threads on it, and they see that and they go "whoa, not for me" and so they flap away and decide to never have anything to do with this lovely cartoon

because isn't that the reason we're all here

I AM THE TOIELT

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

like most popular things i watch a couple episodes, feel myself getting excited for it, then look slightly to the right and see a billion gross loving morons taking the show places I'd never think to take it and also posting awful fanart and claiming a level of ownership over the material i find incredibly impertinent and assuming, then I realize that when i tell someone that i watch a show or even call myself a "fan" of it, they're going to see all those morons and do the math and say "I AM THE TOILET is every bit as dumb and loving gross and stupid as those assholes, and I must call the police to protect my family"

to be succinct about it - fans ruin everything
I A MTHE TOILET

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

ha ha! oh man, don't mess with this guy? he's a real life joker (from batman)!!
OI AM THE TPOIELT

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

okay why were they mad i guess i'm as baffled a japanese fan artist
I AM THE TOIETL

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

i can't even watch rick and lovely because their fans are so loving obnoxious

there's nothing undiscovered out there any more because by the time you make an episode of some bullshit you've got 800 billion dweebs making wikis and tumblrs and having fuckfights over which character does what and goodness is it feminist or not and loving christ i hate you all
I AM THE TOIELT

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

i know exactly how i'm going to be starting all my emails and memos from now on
I AM THE TOIELT

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

which has more pedophiles - proust readers or steven gooniverse fans
I AM THE TOELT

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So what is the sexiest children's cartoon?

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
oh! oh! i know what i'm supposed to post next!

"Nice meltdown."

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

oh! oh! i know what i'm supposed to post next!

"Nice meltdown."

I AM THE TOIELT

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Your next line is, "I AM THE TOIELT!"

That's the line1

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

I A MTHE TOILET

Adbot