Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Don't worry folks Trump said at a rally today that he only meant figuratively hit, as in call out at his rallies. Not physically hit. Only an idiot would interpret what he said to mean what he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nothing matters so its about time that applied to words

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Goatman Sacks posted:

Don't worry folks Trump said at a rally today that he only meant figuratively hit, as in call out at his rallies. Not physically hit. Only an idiot would interpret what he said to mean what he said.

This is how Trump supporters keep idolizing him: just ignore every word he actually says and interpret the noises out of his face hole or his beloved Twitter account to mean whatever you want. He'll just agree with whatever it is given enough time.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Why do I get the feeling that the first debate is just going to be a replay of that interview with Newt where Newt kept insisting that the facts don't matter?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm beginning to suspect that he doesn't take criticism very well.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Geostomp posted:

This is how Trump supporters keep idolizing him: just ignore every word he actually says and interpret the noises out of his face hole or his beloved Twitter account to mean whatever you want. He'll just agree with whatever it is given enough time.

This is correct. Its loving astounding to me, a euro, how so many Americans are falling for it. It truly does seem like a political movement of the stupid and the insane.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

I bet the women working at Fox really appreciate all of their colleagues that publicly defended Ailes from day one. Really gross stuff below, read at your own risk.

Former Fox News Booker Says She Was Sexually Harassed and ‘Psychologically Tortured’ by Roger Ailes for More Than 20 Years
Oh, lovely. I was looking for a way to induce vomiting.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Gunder posted:

This is correct. Its loving astounding to me, a euro, how so many Americans are falling for it. It truly does seem like a political movement of the stupid and the insane.

Oh, it doesn't seem that way. It IS that way. Sadly.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/758847018127065088

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Generic American posted:

Man, haven't you heard about that one time he totally jumped out of his limo and stopped a mugger?

Trump Strikes Out Would-Be Mugger!

"A Midtown North Precinct spokeswoman said the attack was not reported to police."

That's the loving clincher for this being made up or staged.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

Looks like North Carolina is setting a precedent

quote:

But Peterson, in his 119-page ruling, said the requirements that Wisconsin voters show either a photo identification or go through a special petition process had unfairly burdened minorities and needed to be reformed or replaced before the November presidential election.

“To put it bluntly, Wisconsin’s strict version of voter ID law is a cure worse than the disease,” the judge wrote.

Peterson also struck down as unconstitutional limits on in-person absentee voting, residency requirements and a ban on using expired student identification.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wisconsin-voter-id-early_us_579bdf4ce4b0e2e15eb5ffab?section=

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gunder posted:

That's going around these days *cough* Brexit *cough*

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

"See, the good darkies are glad to boost our little imperial adventures by word AND blood! Now if he'd been some peacenik or community organizer, then bigot away, Ann!"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gunder posted:

The Trumpian right is on the rise in Europe, too. Hopefully after Brexit it isn't being ignored as a uniquely American phenomenon, but pretty much any country near immigrants that is and always has been predominantly white is a target right now

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Epic High Five posted:

The Trumpian right is on the rise in Europe, too. Hopefully after Brexit it isn't being ignored as a uniquely American phenomenon, but pretty much any country near immigrants that is and always has been predominantly white is a target right now

Yeah, I won't deny that there's a definitive rightist/nationalist resurgence in Europe, but I think what gets a lot of people is how much traction Donny gets while being so goddamn ramblingly incoherent. Sure he has catch-phrases, but his speeches are just... word-salads.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Clear and cogent arguments are for people who believe what they're saying. Mangled bullshit is superior for actually convincing people because it's harder to argue with, at least in casual conversation.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 30, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Every thought Trump has is like a tiny thread of fabric, totally separate from any other thread. What looks like a jumble is actually millions of them, all pressed flat into a blank canvas, perfectly white because that's the only type allowed, onto which those who lust for authoritarian rule and proletarian on proletarian warfare paint whatever policies they would like him to hold

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Erick, Son of Erick, actually makes a good point. Doesn't absolve his shittiness, but holy poo poo he made a good point.

This loving election...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sephyr posted:

"See, the good darkies are glad to boost our little imperial adventures by word AND blood! Now if he'd been some peacenik or community organizer, then bigot away, Ann!"
How about you accept this moment of lucidity for what it is rather than being a shithead about it?

J.A.B.C. posted:

Erick, Son of Erick, actually makes a good point. Doesn't absolve his shittiness, but holy poo poo he made a good point.

This loving election...
There is a divide in the right wing media, between those who can see that the emperor has no clothes and those that have drunk the kool aid.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cardboard Box A posted:

There is a divide in the right wing media, between those who can see that the emperor has no clothes and those that have drunk the kool aid.

This is less about the Emperor not having any clothes and more about the Emperor acknowledging it, insulting people wearing clothes then smacking the smart-mouthed kid in the face and calling him 'Sad!'

The man straight up asked a foreign power to commit espionage, then used the Carlos Mencia method of saying it was a joke and people need to lighten up. What loving brain process even leads to that?!

Also, I would pay money for the chance to drop-kick Ann Coulter. Or an RKO. She's just that repulsive of a human being.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 30, 2016

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gunder posted:

marine le pen's gonna win the french election next year, unfortunately

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sephyr posted:

Nobody said darkies. Can you gently caress off?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Why do I get the feeling that the first debate is just going to be a replay of that interview with Newt where Newt kept insisting that the facts don't matter?

The first debate will be glorious.

You just know Trump will ask to respond to something Hillary has said with 'At least I wouldn't cheat on my wife! Monica Lewinsky!'.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm trying my best to figure out how to segment how people are going to vote.

The smallest minority not going for Trump would be the "never trump" idiots that all are pissy about Ted Cruz not winning. These are people that worship Ayn Rand as much as they worship some hosed up form of Jesus. Older Religious, white males make up this group. This is a DYING category. (Thank christ).

Next would be the MRA's, White Supremacists that are all in one group. They feel that Trump is the answer to their prayers. Their politics are not as explicitly "gently caress you got mine" , but rather wanting a country that's similar to Nazi Germany. White males make up this group.

Then there's "TOOK OUR JERBS" Gun nuts and general "rednecks" that are likely to vote for Trump because of the racism, sexism, etc. These people are not explicit racism, but are the Coke Zero/Diet Coke of racists. White males make up this group.

Blue Collar Americans that are from the rest belt would be next. It's entirely possible that they are similar to the "TOOK OUR JERBS" Americans I mentioned before, but are also pro-union, etc. These are people upset because they have seen their jobs shipped overseas as a result of lovely trade deals. They don't trust Hillary because of her husband's involvement of this and because they're "career" politicians. These people are disaffected whites. These are people that "populism" is most effective with regardless of where it's coming from politically.

"Bernouts" would be the next category. People that are angry, and don't seem to trust either candidate. These are people that will be voting for a range of people ranging from Gary Johnson to Jill Stein to even Trump. Generally liberal in belief, but people that both candidates could seemingly pitch their ideas too. Young, Millennial, White Males.

"Sane" liberals would be the next group. A lot of people on SA would be in this category. People that love what the likes of Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and such.

Finally would be minorities. Such as LGBT, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, etc. These are people that Trump has no chance in hell of winning and a powerful voting block for the DNC because of that.

"Generic Republicans", white suburbanites, middle to upper class, parents of millennials. The dad watches Fox News and the mom goes to church on Sundays but they don't get too obsessed with it. Think average boring Midwest family that eats at P.F. Chang's every so often. They don't like Trump or what he's doing to the party but they sure as poo poo won't be voting Democrat any time soon.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Parachute posted:

What are the chances that Trump has even been in a physical confrontation with a human being ever at any point in his entire life?

Apparently he beat his kids according to a DJ that went to college with Jr

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205&pagenumber=7324&perpage=40#post462627542

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 30, 2016

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm just waiting for an incest bomb, which I think has pretty even odds.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

"Generic Republicans", white suburbanites, middle to upper class, parents of millennials. The dad watches Fox News and the mom goes to church on Sundays but they don't get too obsessed with it. Think average boring Midwest family that eats at P.F. Chang's every so often. They don't like Trump or what he's doing to the party but they sure as poo poo won't be voting Democrat any time soon.

Midwesterners vote by gut not ideology. Literally every Midwesterner I've talked to, all Republican-lites like you mentioned ( "My ma voted Republican, so I vote Republican! They seem more trustworthy/honest anyways." ) has basically said they view Trump as the antichrist. He is 100% opposed to what the Midwest believes it's values are, and what they think the Republican values are. They might not vote for Hilary thanks to the decades of propaganda, but they sure as hell also aren't voting for Trump. Most will abstain.

This is just from a fairly casual trip through Minnesota/Wisconsin/Ohio with some friends, chatting politics at the various bars, plus living in Minnesota for 20 odd years, but average boring Midwest family is not Trumpers.

It's the dumbass Rust Belt unionists that think the Democrats are to blame for the Recession that are going Trump, because JERBS.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

happyhippy posted:

The first debate will be glorious.

You just know Trump will ask to respond to something Hillary has said with 'At least I wouldn't cheat on my wife! Monica Lewinsky!'.

I can see Trump making outrageous demands before he's willing to participate in a debate and, when those demands aren't met because they're ridiculous, blaming Hillary for refusing to debate him.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Rookersh posted:

Midwesterners vote by gut not ideology. Literally every Midwesterner I've talked to, all Republican-lites like you mentioned ( "My ma voted Republican, so I vote Republican! They seem more trustworthy/honest anyways." ) has basically said they view Trump as the antichrist. He is 100% opposed to what the Midwest believes it's values are, and what they think the Republican values are. They might not vote for Hilary thanks to the decades of propaganda, but they sure as hell also aren't voting for Trump. Most will abstain.

This is just from a fairly casual trip through Minnesota/Wisconsin/Ohio with some friends, chatting politics at the various bars, plus living in Minnesota for 20 odd years, but average boring Midwest family is not Trumpers.

It's the dumbass Rust Belt unionists that think the Democrats are to blame for the Recession that are going Trump, because JERBS.

I think what you're talking about seems a little more... blue-collar maybe. I've been living in suburban Ohio for 32 years and I mean people like my parents, their friends, and all my friends' parents, and all the people I encounter at work. Not dumb-dumbs who repeat stuff from chain emails, but college educated, comfy retirement funds, shop at LL Bean and Dillards, play golf twice a month, take nice but not extravagant family vacations once a year. Less Malcolm in the Middle and more 7th Heaven.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jack Gladney posted:

I'm just waiting for an incest bomb, which I think has pretty even odds.

Trump never really commits actual crimes though, does he? I feel like we know everything there is to know at this point. He's a blowhard, a swindler, easy to bait, a creepy old man, and he lusts after his own daughter. I think it's all out in the open and there are really no more surprises other than the poo poo that keeps tumbling out of his mouth, and even that is starting to get noticeably more repetitive as he runs out of tricks. There's nothing more to know about Donald Trump, yet we are stuck with him for another three months.

Leofish posted:

I can see Trump making outrageous demands before he's willing to participate in a debate and, when those demands aren't met because they're ridiculous, blaming Hillary for refusing to debate him.

I can see that, but I think it's slightly more likely that he will end up doing the debates and just repeating himself, doubling down and resorting to "nuh uh" when Hillary debunks his bullshit in excruciating detail. One wild card: Hillary's laugh. He's never had to deal with it in real time. The easiest man in the world to bait, baited by the most self-satisfied belly laugh. Ohhhhhhh I cannot wait.

OK maybe I am just hoping the debates will happen because they will be the high point of my year.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

SedanChair posted:

Trump never really commits actual crimes though, does he? I feel like we know everything there is to know at this point. He's a blowhard, a swindler, easy to bait, a creepy old man, and he lusts after his own daughter. I think it's all out in the open and there are really no more surprises other than the poo poo that keeps tumbling out of his mouth, and even that is starting to get noticeably more repetitive as he runs out of tricks. There's nothing more to know about Donald Trump, yet we are stuck with him for another three months.

I can see that, but I think it's slightly more likely that he will end up doing the debates and just repeating himself, doubling down and resorting to "nuh uh" when Hillary debunks his bullshit in excruciating detail. One wild card: Hillary's laugh. He's never had to deal with it in real time. The easiest man in the world to bait, baited by the most self-satisfied belly laugh. Ohhhhhhh I cannot wait.

OK maybe I am just hoping the debates will happen because they will be the high point of my year.

I mean the debates will be great because he cannot deal with a woman being mean to him. It happened with Kelly and it'll happen with Clinton.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SedanChair posted:

Trump is piss easy to bait into showing his utter lack of qualifications for any office, sure, but his supporters never cared about that. They have ignored everything he's said and done to this point and rush to defend him the second he melts down. The only response we're likely to get from them is doubling down on people being so "mean" and "biased" towards him when they don't let him skate by on slogans.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Geostomp posted:

Trump is piss easy to bait into showing his utter lack of qualifications for any office, sure, but his supporters never cared about that. They have ignored everything he's said and done to this point and rush to defend him the second he melts down. The only response we're likely to get from them is doubling down on people being so "mean" and "biased" towards him when they don't let him skate by on slogans.

No one gives a poo poo about his supporters. This is about getting Democratic voters to say "the angry orange man is terrible, come vote for Hillary who actually looks sane".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

djw175 posted:

I mean the debates will be great because he cannot deal with a woman being mean to him. It happened with Kelly and it'll happen with Clinton.

also because he defines 'being mean to him' as 'not 100% supporting him in everything he says and does'.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

No one gives a poo poo about his supporters. This is about getting Democratic voters to say "the angry orange man is terrible, come vote for Hillary who actually looks sane".

The "undecided" idiots are going to have an even harder time than usual presenting their ignorance as civic-mindedness.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

I feel like we're one "there he goes again" debate phrase away form a Donald Trump being president and I'm scared. :ohdear:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like we're one "there he goes again" debate phrase away form a Donald Trump being president and I'm scared. :ohdear:

You don't love the idea of a final, decisive referendum on whether humanity is stupid enough to vote for its own destruction?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All the poo poo he's stirring up is going to stick around. The test will never be over now. Every election will be on the razor's edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

You don't love the idea of a final, decisive referendum on whether humanity is stupid enough to vote for its own destruction?

I know it's a test we'll fail.