Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd love a Sandman Mystery Theatre movie, but in this age of crossover movies, it wouldn't work. Shame, really - it would fit Zack Snyder well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm sure it is, Mr. Wayne

Projectors are cheap. I paid $950 for mine back in 2008.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/beyzanurapaydin/status/759154663585353729
Dollar Tree Superman needs padding in the rear since he aint gotta butt like Henry. Also, Dollar Tree's platform heels are probably bigger than Benoist's lmao.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

teagone posted:

https://twitter.com/beyzanurapaydin/status/759154663585353729
Dollar Tree Superman needs padding in the rear since he aint gotta butt like Henry. Also, Dollar Tree's platform heels are probably bigger than Benoist's lmao.

I think the CW costume looks a lot better than that photoshopped image we first saw. At least this Superman has a belt, no matter how clunky it looks.

Then again, I'm not too thrilled with Henry Cavill's performance as Superman or his costume either thus far

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It is weird how much of a wiener Hoechlin looks in that suit. He seems like a pretty beefy guy in Everybody Wants Some!! I guess that's a TV budget for ya.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8NDmGPsDNM

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the fact that we got a really well-done animated series of The Maxx is one of the weirdest and best relics of the '90s.

Amen.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LesterGroans posted:

It is weird how much of a wiener Hoechlin looks in that suit. He seems like a pretty beefy guy in Everybody Wants Some!! I guess that's a TV budget for ya.

I'll admit he looks decent from the chest up. Full body shots make him look a bit slim. I guess he'll be alright on TV.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

roffels posted:

That's not cheap for every1/not everybody has the ability to create a space for that. I watch the majority of movies on a ThinkPad screen ftw.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

teagone posted:

I'll admit he looks decent from the chest up. Full body shots make him look a bit slim. I guess he'll be alright on TV.

Would've been cool if they went full Cage/Burton with their Superman and hired some gangly gently caress to up the alien factor.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

Would've been cool if they went full Cage/Burton with their Superman and hired some gangly gently caress to up the alien factor.

Well, they are doing Flashpoint on Flash next season...

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

roffels posted:

That's more than double what I paid for my tv, blu ray player, and Apple TV combined in 2015.

Not counting medical procedures, I don't think I've ever paid $950 for any one thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That's more than double what I paid for my tv, blu ray player, and Apple TV combined in 2015.

A guy I know paid almost a thousand bucks for a VCR machine back in the 80s pretty much so he could brag he was the first in his school to have one. AV tech is mad expensive when it first hits the market but drops way down over time, you can get projectors for under $100 these days.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 30, 2016

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Not counting medical procedures, I don't think I've ever paid $950 for any one thing.

Yeah, well I don't own a car, couch, and my television is a hand me down. Having a projector doesn't make me rich.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
So Avengers: Infinity War might not be a two-parter, anymore. Apparently Marvel has switched "Infinity War Part II" to "Untitled Avengers Film" on their release calendar and removed the "Part I" from Infinity War.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

So Avengers: Infinity War might not be a two-parter, anymore. Apparently Marvel has switched "Infinity War Part II" to "Untitled Avengers Film" on their release calendar and removed the "Part I" from Infinity War.
A few months ago they announced that Part 1 would be more self contained with some wrap up to the story.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

roffels posted:

Yeah, well I don't own a car, couch, and my television is a hand me down. Having a projector doesn't make me rich.

Buy me a projector, moneybags

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
U can get a couch at most street corners...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hat Thoughts posted:

U can get a couch at most street corners...

Includes thousands of free pets!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GonSmithe posted:

They've technically done this with Justice League too but I think it's still going to follow the same beats.

What it sounds like anyway is that we have Steppenwolf/whoever working for Darkseid that forces the Justice League to come together, they have a few solo movies (Flash/Aquaman/I think solo Batflick?) and then they come back for Darkseid's arrival.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

GonSmithe posted:

More like Finite War.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Too many wars already. Should've called it the Infinity... Tussle.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

They've already said that they aren't really doing a Part 1 and Part 2 anymore.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Make it 3 parts. That's what the world wants and needs, 9 hours of the loving Avengers get on board y'all

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I love the idea of watching a movie on a huge projector screen but doing it standing up and thinking "god I wish I had a couch."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My Lovely Horse posted:

I love the idea of watching a movie on a huge projector screen but doing it standing up and thinking "god I wish I had a couch."

You can't afford a floor?!?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Look at Mr Moneybags here. Where I grew up we used the room with a floor as little as possible. That was for guests.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Look at Mr Moneybags here. Where I grew up we used the room with a floor as little as possible. That was for guests.

Luxury! All we had was a hole in the ground, shared with two other families.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I get it already. All you guys from Sheffield are poor.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

HIJK posted:

One plot thread that starts in a movie/show and continues in another movie/show might be a good start.

Is Civil War not this?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is Civil War not this?

Civil War is probably the first of the "shared universe" to actually do something significant with the concept. Although it looks like they are going to continue this with Iron Man having a role in Spider-Man's movie and Hulk and Thor teaming up so that is rad.

Not that I am bashing the Marvel films, which I like, but for a long time they got credit for doing this novel thing which they really weren't doing anything interesting with.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is Civil War not this?

The idea of a shared universe started getting bandied around in, what, 2010?

Now it's taken six years and a lot of internal drama and corporate warfare to actually get us something like that shared universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

You can't afford a floor?!?

My entire apartment is composed of a complex system of pulleys and suspension arms.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I think the Marvel Netflix setting might do something relevant with the "shared universe" thing. The collision of Daredevil and Punisher was interesting, and I can imagine interesting things happening from the cross-pollination of all the Defenders people.

I mean, Daredevil is a college-educated white man who believes in the justice system, and Luke Cage is a black man irreparably harmed by the prison-industrial complex. They might have some cool interactions.

(Why does anyone want the Defenders crossing paths with the movie guys? That would suck. Jessica Jones is a rape survivor with PTSD and Vision is a robot who wears sweaters. Who gives a poo poo?)

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

HIJK posted:

The idea of a shared universe started getting bandied around in, what, 2010?

Now it's taken six years and a lot of internal drama and corporate warfare to actually get us something like that shared universe.

In retrospect, the half-hearted hints were a pretty weak move, especially since they signed everyone up for a bunch of stuff. Though in retrospect I don't know if anyone would have delivered anything as fun as the Russo Bros. did.

Also six years of not getting a Runaways movie too. What the hell?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Xealot posted:

I think the Marvel Netflix setting might do something relevant with the "shared universe" thing. The collision of Daredevil and Punisher was interesting, and I can imagine interesting things happening from the cross-pollination of all the Defenders people.

I mean, Daredevil is a college-educated white man who believes in the justice system, and Luke Cage is a black man irreparably harmed by the prison-industrial complex. They might have some cool interactions.

(Why does anyone want the Defenders crossing paths with the movie guys? That would suck. Jessica Jones is a rape survivor with PTSD and Vision is a robot who wears sweaters. Who gives a poo poo?)

The Defenders might be good but the showrunners are the same guys who were in charge of the wildly mediocre DD season 2. I'm not sure we can hope for good character interactions from that quarter.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

HIJK posted:

The Defenders might be good but the showrunners are the same guys who were in charge of the wildly mediocre DD season 2. I'm not sure we can hope for good character interactions from that quarter.

There'll be lots of ninjas though.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
In a shocking twist the Defenders will now crossover with the DC films.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

computer parts posted:

There'll be lots of ninjas though.

Considering how boring ninjas were in DD season 2, that wouldn't be encouraging. Gosh, maybe we'll get badly shot rooftop fights except this time it'll be in ALL the episodes!

Isn't that just exhilarating. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe the Defenders series will explain that giant loving hole in DD season 2.

• Locked thread