Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

RBA Starblade posted:

I got my money's worth out of Tropico 5, so I'm good. :toot:

Need to play this more, but last time I tried, I ran out of money and lost the (story) "mission" :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

wa27 posted:

The sad truth about PS+ is you're paying to play online. I would subscribe even if they didn't give away any games, just like I did for six years on Xbox Live Gold.

Don't say things like this. This is also the exact reason why I decided even before Microsoft shot themselves in the foot I was switching over to Sony for the next generation.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

Don't say things like this. This is also the exact reason why I decided even before Microsoft shot themselves in the foot I was switching over to Sony for the next generation.

It's also why Microsoft gives away games with gold every month. They followed sony's lead on this one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's undeniable that PS plus offerings got generally less interesting once it became a requirement for PS4 online. Of course it would, considering 75% of the people who subbed that year was so they could play cod online. The model shifted. It's also why the PS3 offerings continue to be pretty full fledged and interesting titles

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

It's the only reason I have ps+, the games are just a bonus.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

drat, I need to get my ps+ back up within the month. I'm not passing up on free yakuza 5.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

In Training posted:

It's undeniable that PS plus offerings got generally less interesting once it became a requirement for PS4 online. Of course it would, considering 75% of the people who subbed that year was so they could play cod online. The model shifted. It's also why the PS3 offerings continue to be pretty full fledged and interesting titles

Also, Plus was launched nearly 4 years into the PS3's existence, and its free offerings at first were smaller or older games, expanding as the system got older. We're not even fully 3 years into the PS4's life at this point, so we're getting about what they offered then.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
...and the endless complaints about getting decent games continues.

Like do people have specific problems with the games on offer or do they just have a specific price point in mind and don't actually care about the games?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

axleblaze posted:

...and the endless complaints about getting decent games continues.

Like do people have specific problems with the games on offer or do they just have a specific price point in mind and don't actually care about the games?

It's almost as if people really don't like compulsory fees, even when they're getting something with it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
That's the price you pay for online gaming on consoles these days. :shobon:

Also I'm not sure it's really a 'fee' when it's literally the price of a subscription service and not something added on. I don't pay a Netflix fee, I pay for Netflix.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing is poeple in the thread don't complain about having to pay for online, they just complain when the game that (if they only have a PS4) they are essentially paying $2.10 for is not a AAA title. In fact the complaint seems to completely ignore the compulsory part and it also ignores the extra discounts and is just a continuous whine that the game is not up to standard for...reasons.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I don't even have a PS4 and I've been happy enough with just the PS3 games to keep up my subscription.

Especially since it goes on sale pretty often.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Comic posted:

Also I'm not sure it's really a 'fee' when it's literally the price of a subscription service and not something added on. I don't pay a Netflix fee, I pay for Netflix.

It's a fee to play online and you get free games with it too. I'm not going to subscribe to any subscription for just a lottery of games each month, I didn't during PS3 and I wouldn't now if online wasn't part of the deal. I can say that I've been pretty happy with the most of the months I've been subscribed with at least one game I was interested in but the free games really just help soften the feeling that paying for the privilege to play online sucks. It also helps that you pretty much never have to pay full price for it and $35-40 is pretty cheap if you're willing to stay on top of your renewal date(which I need to check here, it's been awhile).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

axleblaze posted:

The thing is poeple in the thread don't complain about having to pay for online, they just complain when the game that (if they only have a PS4) they are essentially paying $2.10 for is not a AAA title. In fact the complaint seems to completely ignore the compulsory part and it also ignores the extra discounts and is just a continuous whine that the game is not up to standard for...reasons.

While I hate the "this month's free games suck" posts, I reaaaally hate the "gamers are so entitled" posts.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I can't tell if its worse that people complain, or people just posting how entitled everyone else is that complains.

Play the games or don't.

Post if you like them, post if you don't.

I mean I don't love every month, but I'm not bothered enough to complain.

At the same time, I wouldn't be bothered by someone else complaining because the ps3 had a decent ps+.

The games will come, in the mean time just buy games you think look cool when they go on sale.
If you will feel heart shattered if you lose out on the 3 bucks you spent 2 months ago on said game if it becomes ps+ then, hey what can you do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to complain that its lovely to have to pay for online services and was planning on cancelling my ps plus sub after a year but I got a ps4 and now basically have to pay.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I guess go wii u, now thats the only console that you don't pay for online services for.

So did US have this sale already? https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/28/another-four-weeks-of-cheap-ps4-games-and-dlc-in-eu-playstation-store-sale/

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SectumSempra posted:

I can't tell if its worse that people complain, or people just posting how entitled everyone else is that complains.

Play the games or don't.

Post if you like them, post if you don't.

I mean I don't love every month, but I'm not bothered enough to complain.

At the same time, I wouldn't be bothered by someone else complaining because the ps3 had a decent ps+.

The games will come, in the mean time just buy games you think look cool when they go on sale.
If you will feel heart shattered if you lose out on the 3 bucks you spent 2 months ago on said game if it becomes ps+ then, hey what can you do.

The thing is I wouldn't really mind if people actually were complaining about the games but no one's actually said an unkind word about the two PS4 games. It's just been complaints about how they aren't AAA or they are humble bundle quality, and other vague complaints that don't really mean all that much. Like I'm not even really the type to make a "gamers are so entitled" argument but at the same time I'm not seeing all that much that counteracts that in this specific case.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I saw the GiantBomb guys play Tricky Towers, really want to play that now. Love weird Tetris-like stuff(along with Tetris).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

axleblaze posted:

The thing is I wouldn't really mind if people actually were complaining about the games but no one's actually said an unkind word about the two PS4 games. It's just been complaints about how they aren't AAA or they are humble bundle quality, and other vague complaints that don't really mean all that much. Like I'm not even really the type to make a "gamers are so entitled" argument but at the same time I'm not seeing all that much that counteracts that in this specific case.

You're not entitled to interesting posts to read just because you paid $10.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just installed a 2 TB drive and now all the previous PS+ games fit. I honestly rarely play online but just like getting new full games each month. $40 seems to be a decent price for all you get.

BTW, just bought Drawful 2, and man is that a fun party game. Especially if you add your own phrases.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

The Jackbox games own for parties. A friend of mine has Jackbox 1 and 2, and we have a blast every time we play them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Silly Burrito posted:

I just installed a 2 TB drive and now all the previous PS+ games fit. I honestly rarely play online but just like getting new full games each month. $40 seems to be a decent price for all you get.

BTW, just bought Drawful 2, and man is that a fun party game. Especially if you add your own phrases.

Drawful 2 is really great, but what's this about adding phrases? That sounds pretty great.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Ps+ become way better the second you stop waiting for games to appear and more go in with the mindset of

"I'm paying for online and being tossed game I may or may not have considered purchasing"

First light and transistor were a bonus for me

everything else has either not been something I'd want to try, or something that im like "well hell it's free, I'll boot it up and see how I feel all its costing is HD space."

I'll admit mid to late life ps3 psn+ was amazing. (besides no US revengance gently caress that poo poo)

before the monthly purging it was great for anyone to just grab it because why not, not sure why they haven't kept the instant game collection idea around in some way.

Offerings got a tiny bit weaker after, but I noticed in the same period i bought significantly less games in general so :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SpacePig posted:

Drawful 2 is really great, but what's this about adding phrases? That sounds pretty great.

That's the main reason we bought it. You can add your own words, phrases, and group in-jokes to a session. It actually makes it more fun than the original Drawful just because you can come up with crazy ideas that could be the actual answer as opposed to joke answers always being skipped. Plus, you get TWO colors per person. :)

They said that Drawful 2 won't be in the next Jackbox party pack, but it was well worth 10 bucks for our game night.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shnag posted:

Is it too much to want a 'real' PS4 game for PS+? As in a game full sized game that had a original $69 price tag and was available on disc in a store.
Wait another year, it'll happen :shrug:

Really I am not in a rush for that, I just smack myself every time I get something on a big sale and it winds up in Plus like two months later. But if it was on sale at a deep discount that means it's dead enough to be a candidate, so I have only myself to blame

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm pretty excited for Rogue Galaxy to scratch my space exploration itch until No Man's Sky drops

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

TARDISman posted:

I'm pretty excited for Rogue Galaxy to scratch my space exploration itch until No Man's Sky drops

Then get disappointed, because you're not getting it :twisted:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I think you meant Rebel Galaxy.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rogue Galaxy is a terrible videogame though

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

voltcatfish posted:

Rogue Galaxy is a terrible videogame though

no that's rebel galaxy

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My bad I mixed up the R-Galaxy games.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rogue Galaxy is the kind of fun RPG on PS2.

Rebel Galaxy is a mediocre to bad space sim game.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
However, Rebel Galaxy had some bugs and annoying elements (Pirate Lord dreadful spawn frequency, mainly) patched out, so at least you get the better experience now.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I picked up EDF. It's my first time playing one and goddamn is it fun. I tried out all the classes and I can't wait to dive into it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Trying to buy the Battlefront season pass on sale for Plus members.

I keep getting this error at checkout, anyone seen this before?

"Your purchase may not be complete. Check your transaction history in your Account settings."

My transaction history shows a bunch of "missed charges" with the amount $0.00

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

try paypal or a different card maybe? psn is weird with payments sometimes

alternatively, the psn is trying to save you from yourself, take it as a sign

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

try paypal or a different card maybe? psn is weird with payments sometimes

alternatively, the psn is trying to save you from yourself, take it as a sign

I tried using a different card but it keeps complaining that it's an invalid number even though I know it's correct and a valid card. Looks like other people have had this same issue where it just doesn't like some cards and won't let you add them.

Instead I used PayPal which links to the new card I had been trying to add and even that fails with the same error. I could probably call Sony at some point if I care enough but the PS Store as a whole kinda seems like a poo poo show.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah sometimes people come in here saying that psn wont take their money all of sudden after not changing anything. dunno why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

yeah sometimes people come in here saying that psn wont take their money all of sudden after not changing anything. dunno why

Yeah I have bought plenty of things on there in the past but I had to delete my old expired card and tried adding a new one and it kept saying it was invalid. Then I ran into this issue with every other payment method.

I guess Sony really does not want me to play more Battlefront.

• Locked thread