Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah i'm sure sweden just cans novelty horrible food as a big practical joke on the rest of the world uh huh

its eaten in a special way you thick bastard, it needs preparation. It's like eating salted cod like it is, instead of preparing it for its delicious, tender meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

thats basically like the tribesmen from some jungle do when dumb gently caress backpackers come rolling: feed them some tapir balls raw like its a delicacy

Is "nordic food is honestly not that bad" really a hill you want to die on?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wild Horses posted:

its eaten in a special way you thick bastard, it needs preparation. It's like eating salted cod like it is, instead of preparing it for its delicious, tender meat

yeah, unlike most foods it is eaten outdoors, so the horrible rancid smell does not haunt your kitchen like a malevolent ghost

me, personally, i prefer foods to smell good, and not, bad

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if the high point of your national cusine is "basically fish stew and winter vegetables" then it and I have a problem

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah, unlike most foods it is eaten outdoors, so the horrible rancid smell does not haunt your kitchen like a malevolent ghost

me, personally, i prefer foods to smell good, and not, bad

I bet you're one of those freaks that doesn't like food that explodes neither: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming#Airline_bans

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

HorseLord posted:

Now white supremacy has wrapped around to American whites being racially impure and therefore degenerate. Lovely.
That has been conventional wisdom for decades outside America.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That has been conventional wisdom for decades outside America.

And inside, but we just keep a bit more quiet about it :smugdon:

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Btw Finns aren't white so Puistokemi is just trying to ingratiate himself with real whites to forget that he's a horrible little marsh creature with eyes that glow in the dark and webbed feet.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Even for this forum, this thread is dumb.

Just so that we're all being wrong about precisely one thing, rather than half a dozen, are we trying to talk about the culture of

a) "WASP" Americans, whatever they are
b) European-looking Americans in general
c) As, b) but also like Canada and maybe the UK
d) Americans
e) Western Europe
f) "White people" as a whole

?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Has anyone said "sour cream" or "yogurt" yet?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
We are mainly talking about how Vikings were the only white people, and today maybe there are some pockets of their descendants eating pickled fish that could be called white. Americans are not white. Anyone living south of the 60th parallel north is not really white.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
I think there is a difference between "White American Culture" and "Ethnic Cultures that happen to be synonymous with White/Caucasian Populations," but the distinction is often left out by people who want to appeal to, or against, racism.

I'm a Jew. Nobody is complaining about me celebrating or taking pride in my culture. Likewise, nobody is complaining about other White people taking pride in their respective Ethno-Cultural roots; my best friend has Scottish heritage and is huge into Highland games and knows a lot about the old Clans and such. He plays bagpipes, tosses cabers, all that jazz. I don't think many people would argue that his celebration of that is in anyway racist; just like nobody is saying that German descended Americans can't have their Oktoberfest, or that River-dance is somehow perpetuating oppression against minorities.

The problem lies in that "White American" is, in its own way, separate from the various Ethno-Cultural spheres that we, as a nation of immigrants, come from. But nobody wants to mention that because it isn't convenient for anyone. Those who champion "Whiteness" want to make it seem like earnest and harmless expressions of identity are under attack when it is really systems of oppression and histories of intolerance that are. On the other hand those who are attacking the bloated wreck that is "White American Culture" don't want to address acceptable ways of White People having cultural identity because it blurs their lines of attack; after all, if everyone has a right to celebrate their history, what's to stop Racist Southerners from claiming the "Confederate Flag" as "Heritage, not Hate."

Incidentally, the culture of "White America" is a facsimile of a culture anyway; American Culture is far more regional than that. The predominant cultural attributes of people in the Pacific Northwest are incredibly distinct from those of people in the Mid-Atlantic States, for instance. I'd highly recommend reading into the Nine Nations theory, as well as other attempts of explaining the Regional Nationalities that make up the United States.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

doverhog posted:

We are mainly talking about how Vikings were the only white people, and today maybe there are some pockets of their descendants eating pickled fish that could be called white. Americans are not white. Anyone living south of the 60th parallel north is not really white.

Brainiac Five posted:

Btw Finns aren't white so Puistokemi is just trying to ingratiate himself with real whites to forget that he's a horrible little marsh creature with eyes that glow in the dark and webbed feet.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know why you think you can just switch between different ethnic identifiers to conceal the truth that Finns are basically a nation of Gollums.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What are you talking about? He is mongol and proud.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
White Northern Europeans are literally the most worthless humans in existence, imho. Just die in your frozen wasteland (probably of a bad case of ego over-inflation) and make the world a better place.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Has anyone said "sour cream" or "yogurt" yet?

those weird chilled yoghurt drinks with mint are middle eastern as gently caress, and this thread has decided they aren't white, so no. germany has something sort of like that too, but they have a bit of the Hun in them so it checks out

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So, some white culture things to keep the thread rolling: Cultural relativism

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Examples of white culture:
* Terrible forum threads
* Tankies arguing with GBS trolls
* steinrokkan

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

So, some white culture things to keep the thread rolling: Cultural relativism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HbF3EAt3ck

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

This thread sucks, I was hoping to find out about new grindcore bands :(

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

icantfindaname posted:

those weird chilled yoghurt drinks with mint are middle eastern as gently caress, and this thread has decided they aren't white, so no. germany has something sort of like that too, but they have a bit of the Hun in them so it checks out

Kefir is from the Chechnya/Ossetia/Circassia/Dagestan region, and the word is of Turkish origin. So its uh... Caucasiany Muslim? And yoghurt is Turkish in the horsey horse dudes who rode horses sense. So while they're muslimy terrorist foods, they're from scary mongol muslims, not scary sand muslims.

e: also they're literally made from white bacteria cultures which was the actual loving joke

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Gropiemon posted:

Beavis and Butthead

Not an empty quote, dumbfuck op.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ITT a bunch of people declare that their own culture is boring and bland while all others are exotic and cool. Also that the sky is blue.

Last week I was at a barbecue, and I met an exchange student from Singapore. She told me that the best thing about her visit so far was eating corn on the cob, she was genuinely excited about it. She also wanted her sponsor family to let her mow their lawn, because she had never done that before. I've met a lot of people from other countries, and for the most part they think that a lot of American things that we take for granted are just the coolest poo poo ever.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
White Culture owns. We took things from other cultures and made them better. There's nothing to be ashamed of, and dwelling the on the past is unhealthy.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

ITT a bunch of people declare that their own culture is boring and bland while all others are exotic and cool. Also that the sky is blue.

Haha that's how it would look to somebody paranoid that white isn't always best, huh.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

SedanChair posted:

Haha that's how it would look to somebody paranoid that white isn't always best, huh.

The whiteness is the best part of you though, no?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The inherent fragility of whiteness can be seen in the swarming of people insistent that, actually, white culture is real and the absolute best and all the nonwhites are inferior.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

Isn't this a sad thing?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

SedanChair posted:

Isn't this a sad thing?

How you suppress your white heritage by shitposting against it on the internet? Absolutely.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Brainiac Five posted:

The inherent fragility of whiteness can be seen in the swarming of people insistent that, actually, white culture is real and the absolute best and all the nonwhites are inferior.

Are you talking about Tila Tequila's latest antics?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
People like Immortan and Fister Roboto are quite simply delicate little hothouse orchids and society should not devote its precious resources to ensuring they are kept enclosed from the outside world

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Brainiac Five posted:

People like Immortan and Fister Roboto are quite simply delicate little hothouse orchids and society should not devote its precious resources to ensuring they are kept enclosed from the outside world

Nobody likes foreign women more than me, honestly.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

How you suppress your white heritage by shitposting against it on the internet? Absolutely.

When have I disdained it? I'm very fond of my white heritage (hiking, leftism, Pendleton wool products), as equally as I am of my black heritage (collard greens, pretending the middle class is upper class, listening to Freddie King). I think the fact that white supremacists interpret that as loathing a part of myself is very revealing.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

SedanChair posted:

When have I disdained it? I'm very fond of my white heritage (hiking, leftism, Pendleton wool products), as equally as I am of my black heritage (collard greens, pretending the middle class is upper class, listening to Freddie King). I think the fact that white supremacists interpret that as loathing a part of myself is very revealing.

You never did any of this. you lied about your white heritage until you were caught though, IIRC? its rational and quite apparent that you are consumed by at least some self loathing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^^^^^
Case in point

Immortan posted:

Other people's obsession with SedanChair's ethnicity never ceases to bewilder me. How pathetic is your life that you're devoting so much energy towards "exposing" it?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

^^^^^^^^
Case in point

Other people's obsession with SedanChair's ethnicity never ceases to bewilder me. How pathetic is your life that you're devoting so much energy towards "exposing" it?

lol what. people talk about it in every subforum, and plenty of d&d threads

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
an important part of being a white supremacist on the internet is denying that there are any nonwhites on the internet besides the ones you can reduce to crude sexual caricatures, like how "Immortan" claims he loves "foreign women". the same phenomenon causes "no girls on the internet", etc.

Immortan posted:

lol what. people talk about it in every subforum, and plenty of d&d threads

yes, there are a lot of dipshit racists infesting this website like the cockroaches y'all are

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

You never did any of this. you lied about your white heritage until you were caught though, IIRC? its rational and quite apparent that you are consumed by at least some self loathing

Again no; I was always clear that I am biracial and have one black parent, and have the privilege of growing up seeing a part of the black experience but not looking black. I posted about this years before racists got excited by a picture of my hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Brainiac Five posted:

an important part of being a white supremacist on the internet is denying that there are any nonwhites on the internet besides the ones you can reduce to crude sexual caricatures, like how "Immortan" claims he loves "foreign women". the same phenomenon causes "no girls on the internet", etc.

I never said there are any nonwhites on the internet. Have you seen twitter?

• Locked thread