Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I bet this guy is an insanely badass swordfighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Business Gorillas posted:

just as a heads up, i tinder correctly by swiping right on absolutely everyone and then ignoring the people i match with that are gross

Yup. Match 'em all and let thirst sort it out. :respek:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

blarzgh posted:

"I Live for Halloween(I desperately look forward to the one day a year where I get to dress like a fat, slutty master chief or whatever)" is the hidden gem of this profile.
Looks like everyday is halloween for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91sAMYV7BJY

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 30, 2016

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

oof

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
You guys sure like judging people, god drat

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

just as a heads up, i tinder correctly by swiping right on absolutely everyone and then ignoring the people i match with that are gross

i've heard doing this puts you into the ugly side of the algorithm and hides the hotties.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

darkhand posted:

i've heard doing this puts you into the ugly side of the algorithm and hides the hotties.

who cares they all look the same on the stained matress laying on the bare floor of my basement apartment with the lights out

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

from a few pages back, but if a 10 year old locked me out of my house and told me they were going to torture my dog id dropkick that motherfucker

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

darkhand posted:

even if that's true they weren't swiping you right anyways

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

even if that's true they weren't swiping you right anyways

idk man svetlana at NYU is only 1830 miles away and wants to give me an "Australian kiss"

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

blarzgh posted:

"I Live for Halloween(I desperately look forward to the one day a year where I get to dress like a fat, slutty master chief or whatever)" is the hidden gem of this profile.

Don't forget the candy

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fake teeth? Really?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Profondo Rosso posted:

from a few pages back, but if a 10 year old locked me out of my house and told me they were going to torture my dog id dropkick that motherfucker

How? You're locked outside of your house.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tricky D posted:

How? You're locked outside of your house.

Through the door. Duh!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

dog buttz posted:

Also how the gently caress do you keep dating poly people accidentally? That seems like one of those things that comes up pretty drat quick.

I have a couple acquaintances who are into the polyamory thing. The way they describe the scene, it sounds like it's full of people who are into stuff like D&D, Ren Faire/SCA, nerdy board games, theater, paganism. So maybe this gal just has an attraction radar pointing her toward dudes who are statistically more likely to be poly? idk :shobon:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my experience is that guys all swipe right much much more than girls

its all about quantitywith men on tinder

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I have a couple acquaintances who are into the polyamory thing. The way they describe the scene, it sounds like it's full of people who are into stuff like D&D, Ren Faire/SCA, nerdy board games, theater, paganism. So maybe this gal just has an attraction radar pointing her toward dudes who are statistically more likely to be poly? idk :shobon:

That would also explain why you get so many sad goon-types who stick around with a poly girl, because they're the kinds-of dorks who never venture outside of their interests or have mature views on any sort of romantic/sexual dynamic and these are the first girls that fell into their orbit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I don't get how people are pagan in 2016.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Xaris posted:

I don't get how people are pagan in 2016.

Because gently caress you dad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
that's satanism though??

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
This thread is better when people are posting funny content and not trying to turn it into Awkward/Ugly/Gross.

Here's one where someone has a legitimate beef but takes "revenge" way too far

I (35f) have been telling my bf(38m) of 2ish years I'm scent sensitive and cannot use perfume soaps or lotions on my body, especially neary vagina, I have spent 2 years suffering on and off with uti's because he has been using scented body lotion and never once thought it may be the cause

quote:

Most things about him are good, we get along fine as long as we live seperately(I like my own space and have 2 kids to care for).

But I cannot begin to let myself forgive all the pain, the stress, and the antibiotics I've had to pay for over the course of two years.

Is this disregard for my needs something I should find a way to forgive? A friend suggested I put hot sauce on his penis once a month or so for 2 years so he can feel the suffering too, but I'm not into vengeance. I just don't know how to forgive him for this..

Tldr; bf stuck scented body/had lotion in and around my vag after reminding him constantly I'm scent sensitive.
Edit: thanks to those who have actually answered the question I asked, sorry to those who have to be near people who are ignorant to other people's sensitivities allergies, and my bad for asking a question that required some compassion for a womans issue from a seemingly male dominated forum.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

zakharov posted:

This thread is better when people are posting funny content and not trying to turn it into Awkward/Ugly/Gross.

Here's one where someone has a legitimate beef but takes "revenge" way too far

I (35f) have been telling my bf(38m) of 2ish years I'm scent sensitive and cannot use perfume soaps or lotions on my body, especially neary vagina, I have spent 2 years suffering on and off with uti's because he has been using scented body lotion and never once thought it may be the cause

Wait, did he slap some jergens on his dick right before he hosed her or what? Goose her with a lotioned-up finger? She doesn't even go into the circumstances leading up to getting her vajayjay area lotioned.

While I agree its hosed up to do something like this, Scent sensitivity is one of those things that a ton of people on the internet complain about and yet I've never heard about in RL.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I'm interested in the common things between these two. But my theory is going to be that a lot of nerdy nerds seem to have a lot of challenges when it comes to personal bounadaries, both of themselves and of other people. If you don't respect yourself/respect the feelings of your partner, I can see poly drama happening.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scent sensitivity is about as real as gluten sensitivity

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

It's real. My grandma's friend has it bad, and had to flee a party once because someone wearing perfume walked by her. Like everything else it's probably exaggerated online but it's real.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My fiancee gets migraines from perfumes and other strong scents, but she also gets them from stress, humidity, barometric pressure, and hormonal cycles so

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

How the gently caress would scented soap cause an infection needing antibiotics :psyduck:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

How the gently caress would scented soap cause an infection needing antibiotics :psyduck:

Step 1: Be retarded

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I smelled my own fart once and got super high

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cthulu Carl posted:

using it as lube

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

do you pay for the unlimited "swipe rights" thing or something ? it's like $20 gently caress that

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I doubt the bf had any idea that he was causing it. Personally, I like to NOT ruin my chances of having sex.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm gonna guess he had no idea he was causing it because he WASN'T.

She probably uses some "organic" soap that's completely ineffective at anything and has a nasty-rear end gash that's usually loaded with bacteria.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zzulu posted:

I smelled my own fart once and got super high

The best high

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

vyst posted:

The best high

Never get high off your own supply.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
My fiancé [25M] and his sister [26F] are incredibly close. I [24F] think it's straining our relationship but he just says I don't understand.

quote:

A little bit of backstory that is probably relevant: I grew up with two siblings, an older and younger brother. Our age gaps are fairly large, I'm 6 years younger and 5 years older. As a result, we're not very close. We get along just fine and I love my brothers and all, but we don't really "hang out". Especially since my younger bro is at school in NY and my older brother and I live on the west coast.

My fiancé, John, on the other hand, has one sister who is a year older than him. They are incredibly close. I mean extremely close. They are each others best friend and they do everything together. For example, his sister stayed behind and worked while John finished high school so that they could go off to (the same) college together and finish together. They lived in an apartment together, they took all the same classes and have the same major, got jobs at the same company, and are now working together and have been since they graduated.

Which brings us to present day: John and I met my sophomore year of college. We dated for 3 years and our now engaged. I love him with all my heart. He's a great man and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But his relationship with his sister is starting to irk me. I think they are too close and it's causing us problems. John says that they have a normal sibling relationship and that's how people with close siblings behave. And I wouldn't understand because I don't have that with my brothers. I'm gonna lay out some examples of what I think is weird:

- John lived with her their entire lives, even in college and after. They frequently shared a bed and cuddled together while watching movies, which I guess is normal, maybe...but I definitely don't do that with my brothers. When I wanted to move in with him, he actually just assumed his sister would be coming along, too. When I said no, just the two of us, he put off moving in until I had to practically beg him.

- If I don't make concrete plans with him, he goes to his sister to hang. So we'll both be at work, and I'll think we'll go home and have dinner/relax together. I'll get home at around 6 and he's no where to be seen. I text him, and he says since I didn't say we had plans he went ahead and went out for drinks with his sister, or is eating dinner at her place.

- He has told me that when we have kids, we will have no other babysitter than his sister. She wants to be the fun aunt and be involved in their lives. And when she has kids, our two families will grow up together. I'm all for familial bonding and being close, but I think the way he talks about it is a bit excessive.

- I have never met John's parents without his sister around. And I get she's part of the family, but I think it's normal to meet your future in-laws one-on-one (or with your future spouse, obviously), and not with the entire family.

- Every vacation we've gone on, big or small, far or near, unless I have explicitly said it's just for the two of us, John has invited his sister. And she always comes.

There are other things, but I think those are the major things. I guess I just need to know: is this normal? Am I the weird one here? What do I do about all of this?

reddit, im engaged to a wonderful man who's in love with his sister

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Poonerman posted:

My fiancé [25M] and his sister [26F] are incredibly close. I [24F] think it's straining our relationship but he just says I don't understand.

reddit, im engaged to a wonderful man who's in love with his sister

My money's on "Not Actually His Sister"

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
here is one that is nice and cute

"I [13M posted:

lost my mum's [42F] credit card and she's very angry."]
Before I start I know i have full responsibility of what happened and i feel very guilty.
My mum let me use her credit card to buy a video game, Overwatch, and i did.
She trusted me 1000000% and said I was becoming an adult.
When i came back my mum told me to give her, her oyster card, change and her credit ( or debit, I don't know the difference).
I thought the credit card was in the holder, the place to put your cards, but as my mother found out, it wasn't.
As she was going to work I tried to apologise profusely, but she just said leave me be when she went to work right now.
I want to how to show her that I'm very sorry and how to make it up to her.
Any suggestions and advice?
tl;dr: I lost my mums credit card and i want to make it up to her.

the later he posts

quote:

UPDATE: Because I don't know how link stuff on mobile ( idiot) I had a cleaning spree, no attitude, helped with neighbours and made her very comfortable.
When i told her about my post she started to cry and bear hugged me ( good kind) and she started to say she can never be really cross with me and just cradled me( really embarrassing ngl) and sent downstairs with a pirates of the carribean inside Joke!
BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL U GUYS AND MADE ME LAUGH SO THAT'S A PLUS, and that aside see ya ;)
tl;dr had a somewhat heartfelt talk and alls well, instead me banned from Call of Duty for a day lol

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

quote:

When I wanted to move in with him, he actually just assumed his sister would be coming along, too. When I said no, just the two of us, he put off moving in until I had to practically beg him.

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Man if that kid is actually 13 I was a ridiculously cynical 13 year old. That's like something a 10 year old lying about his age would write. Still really cute though.

• Locked thread