Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Arkane posted:

Video of that ABC interview:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/fefa68ff-7c30-4c24-b53c-6d0383f649e7

No compassion.

No empathy.

It's loving psychotic is what it is.

And then even worse, he takes a shot at the grieving mother (who could barely stay composed in an interview last night describing her fallen son as a hero), as if she was somehow not allowed to talk. Takes a shot at a man who talked from his heart with the TelePrompter off, accusing him of being fed lines by Hillary.

The guy is human garbage. A piece of poo poo.

Anyone who thinks that lunatic in that video should be President is a loving moron, end of.

watch this video :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

TheScott2K posted:

Someone who is actually-smart and not just Republican-smart would aim for 2024, when there won't be an incumbent.

iospace posted:

I dunno. Obama is sort of like the Dem's Reagan, just without the success in getting his initiatives passed (as to why that's neither here nor there). He's popular around the country with his party and independents and the other side despises him (note, I'm saying popular, not approval). Hillary is viewed as Obama 2.0 by many, and I'm pretty sure people viewed H. W. Bush as Reagan 2.0. I very much see a legitimate threat to Hillary in 2020 if she gets elected, but that also depends on a lot of factors.

I think any Republican who's given up on this election and is plotting a future run believes four years of Hillary would be enough of a disaster to give them a chance in 2020. The hatred of both Clintons is too deeply ingrained into the Republican soul at this point.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thethreeman posted:

Hillary should just air that whole interview as a political attack ad.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Even if Trump somehow became President there's no way his presidency would satisfy the wingnut Tea partiers for long. There isn't actually going to be a real wall along the Mexico border. Cruz can easily survive as the voice of the "Trump is failing conservatism" caucus.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TheScott2K posted:

"This Man's Army uses paper dispatches, received days - nay, weeks after being sent!

Funny sidenote: At the start of WWII, French commander in chief General Gamelin stationed his headquarters at a chateau without any telephone or radio communication, relying instead on twice-daily motorcycle dispatches for all communications. Now it's been a little while since I read up on that,* but I think we all can agree things turned out just fine for France as a result?

*not really I read about this sort of poo poo all the drat time.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 30, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Arkane posted:

His reaction to the Khans really lays bare what a piece of human garbage Trump is.

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/759434705066262529

This confirms that Trump is legit a huge loving coward

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Arkane posted:

His reaction to the Khans really lays bare what a piece of human garbage Trump is.

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/759434705066262529

Welp I knew there wasnt going to be any response to that speech without looking like an enormous rear end in a top hat and here we are, trump tripped over my rock bottom expectations for a response.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
He really is human scum

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

iospace posted:

I dunno. Obama is sort of like the Dem's Reagan, just without the success in getting his initiatives passed (as to why that's neither here nor there). He's popular around the country with his party and independents and the other side despises him (note, I'm saying popular, not approval). Hillary is viewed as Obama 2.0 by many, and I'm pretty sure people viewed H. W. Bush as Reagan 2.0. I very much see a legitimate threat to Hillary in 2020 if she gets elected, but that also depends on a lot of factors.

We're on our third Presidency in a row of a challenger having never really gotten anywhere against a sitting President. Ted Cruz is no Bill Clinton and there isn't going to be a crazy third-party billionaire swooping in to take Hillary's votes away like Perot did to Bush. Now the crazy billionaires just run in major party primaries. On the other side of Bush there's two-term Reagan and whole bunch of assassination/I will not seek/resignation horseshit that culminated in Jimmy loving Carter somehow being elected President that's all insane enough not to really prove or disprove anything.

In November we're voting for an eight year term, in all likelihood.

Kevos Setzer posted:

I think any Republican who's given up on this election and is plotting a future run believes four years of Hillary would be enough of a disaster to give them a chance in 2020. The hatred of both Clintons is too deeply ingrained into the Republican soul at this point.

They just can't wrap their minds around the reality that what the American people want is a mild to moderate sociopath who is capable of keeping our #1 status basically intact and is paranoid enough to keep their scandalous fuckery to a low-Harrison level hum instead of a Nixonian roar, and that's the goddamn Clintons.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 30, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Three more months of this retarded shitshow :allears:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thanks Obama :getin:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Is there a particular reason Trump is so hostile to US soldiers? He talked about them stealing money, he hates the Khan family, he hates POWs - and most of his followers seem to agree with him.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

We're on our third Presidency in a row of a challenger having never really gotten anywhere against a sitting President. Ted Cruz is no Bill Clinton and there isn't going to be a crazy third-party billionaire swooping in to take Hillary's votes away like Perot did to Bush. Now the crazy billionaires just run in major party primaries. On the other side of Bush there's two-term Reagan and whole bunch of assassination/I will not seek/resignation horseshit that culminated in Jimmy loving Carter somehow being elected President that's all insane enough not to really prove or disprove anything.

In November we're voting for an eight year term, in all likelihood.

Pet peeve that I jump on whenever it crops up: exit polling showed that Perot took votes from Clinton and Bush equally and had no net impact on the election. The claim that Perot cost Bush the election is a myth concocted by Republicans to save face over Bush losing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Piquai Souban posted:

Is there a particular reason Trump is so hostile to US soldiers? He talked about them stealing money, he hates the Khan family, he hates POWs - and most of his followers seem to agree with him.

Well he's a piece of poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Piquai Souban posted:

he only likes white vets

Something like a loyal US Muslim soldier breaks the Trumpian worldview.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Deteriorata posted:

Pet peeve that I jump on whenever it crops up: exit polling showed that Perot took votes from Clinton and Bush equally and had no net impact on the election. The claim that Perot cost Bush the election is a myth concocted by Republicans to save face over Bush losing.

Did the pollsters do that thing where out of sheer laziness they pretend the Presidential election is decided by national popular vote?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Two days ago:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/758819254535802881

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Piquai Souban posted:

They're all enormous armchair general pussies who weren't brave enough to enlist but feel emboldened to shoot their mouths off.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Arkane posted:

Video of that ABC interview:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/fefa68ff-7c30-4c24-b53c-6d0383f649e7

No compassion.

No empathy.

It's loving psychotic is what it is.

And then even worse, he takes a shot at the grieving mother (who could barely stay composed in an interview last night describing her fallen son as a hero), as if she was somehow not allowed to talk. Takes a shot at a man who talked from his heart with the TelePrompter off, accusing him of being fed lines by Hillary.

The guy is human garbage. A piece of poo poo.

Anyone who thinks that lunatic in that video should be President is a loving moron, end of.

For every insane rally that he has where he just sounds like a lunatic and I can laugh at the stupid poo poo he says, there are 2-3 (at least) clips like this which make me absolutely furious. gently caress this guy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://abc13.com/news/mystery-mower-carves-trump-into-baytown-lawn/1449688/

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Trumps greatest legacy will be breaking Paul Ryan and Chris Christie

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Did the pollsters do that thing where out of sheer laziness they pretend the Presidential election is decided by national popular vote?

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/05/us/1992-elections-disappointment-analysis-eccentric-but-no-joke-perot-s-strong.html

quote:

the impact of Mr. Perot's supporters on the campaign's outcome appears to have been minimal. If Mr. Perot had not been on the ballot, 38 percent of his voters said, they would have voted for Gov. Bill Clinton, and 38 percent said they would have voted for President Bush. Of the 31 states where Mr. Perot garnered more than 20 percent, 17 were won by Mr. Clinton and 14 by Mr. Bush.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

I refuse to believe that we're going to make it to November without audio of Trump calling Chris Christie a "fat motherfucker" to his face

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Christie was already broken and turned into fat Reek.

Also the only thing he got was a second tier speaking gig at the RNC

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vladimir Putin posted:

It's an awesome strategy. If Trump loses he's betting he is in a good position for the next election. If Trump managed to win he's not going to be president for another 8 years anyway so he's lost nothing. By going against Trump, Cruz wins no matter what.

I agree with the first part but disagree with the second two. A presidential endorsement is a /huge/ boost for any campaign. If Trump wins, you can bet your rear end he'll try to sabotage any campaign Cruz has comes 2024.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

So yes?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

No. State-level analysis came to the same conclusion. There were maybe two states where Perot's support was enough to tip the state to one or the other, with no net effect on the outcome.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

rear end cobra posted:

and movement conservatism as a nationally viable coalition inshallah

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

thethreeman posted:

Paying people money you inherited to make even more money is truly the noblest of sacrifices.

How has this brave man not been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom yet? When will we as a nation stand up, say "ENOUGH," and give this man the recognition he deserves?

:sad:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

For every insane rally that he has where he just sounds like a lunatic and I can laugh at the stupid poo poo he says, there are 2-3 (at least) clips like this which make me absolutely furious. gently caress this guy.

Seriously.

powerofrecall posted:

They're all enormous armchair general pussies who weren't brave enough to enlist but feel emboldened to shoot their mouths off.

Reminder that Trump is on record as saying his time play soldiering in high school gives him greater understanding of the military than active duty troops.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/759127342350557184

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm a giant overzealous kooky atheist who calls Dennett, Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris "The Four Horsemen" without even a shred of self awareness (trying to not be anymore though) and even I thought Trump's comments about that Muslim father were lovely and clearly subtle trolling about the mother.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

fart blood posted:

I'm a giant overzealous kooky atheist who calls Dennett, Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris "The Four Horsemen" without even a shred of self awareness (trying to not be anymore though) and even I thought Trump's comments about that Muslim father were lovely and clearly subtle trolling about the mother.

It wasn't particularly subtle.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Donald made some tremendous sacrifices in the War On 1970s New York Venereal Disease

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Patter Song posted:

OK. This raises another procedural question.

If Clinton ceased to be the candidate for whatever reason and, say, Tim Kaine were to win the election as the Democrats' replacement candidate...would the people in the Hillary Toxx Thread still all get banned because Hillary Clinton didn't get elected President?

I vaguely remember something about toxxes for the general becoming invalid if the person didn't become the nominee for some reason. Since the dark cloud of the rat gently caress hung over the rnc for a while.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol $12 shipping

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

lol $12 shipping

that's some ebay auction poo poo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

lol $12 shipping

Standard shipping is free.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

lol $12 shipping

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/759438302583918596

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
My favorite thing about that massive NYT list of Trump insults are the ones that have nothing to do with the election (at least on the surface).

quote:

Macy's
DEPARTMENT STORE
“very disloyal company “ “one of the worst-performing stocks “ “Don't shop there for Christmas! “ “disloyal “ “very disloyal to me “ “racial profiling “ “there are far better stores “ “no guts, no glory “ “Macy's stores suck and they are bad for U.S.A. “ “no guts no glory “ “Wow! I hear that thousands of people are cutting up their Macy's credit card. “ “terrible hypocrites “ “so many people calling to say they are cutting up their Macy's credit card “ “Macy's stock just dropped “ “they 'racial profile' all over the place “ “racists “ “weak on border security”

quote:

Samuel L. Jackson
ACTOR
“golf swing. Not athletic” “cheats” “does too many TV commercials – boring” “not a fan”

quote:

“Rockin’ in the Free World”
POPULAR SONG
“didn't love it”

showbiz_liz fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 30, 2016

• Locked thread