Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
VIRTUS PRO VIRTUS PRO VIRTUS PRO

:poland:

EDIT: THEY'RE BACK, CONFIRMED FOR BACK, TAZ SAID IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I voted for VP to win on a twitter poll. drat, I should have put money on it lmao.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Snax has been in some sick form lately. :vince:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

snax taz and neo deserve it rip swedes

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So who is getting cut from fnatic? I think JW is on the outs

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

xsf421 posted:

Sadly it doesn't matter who wins, because fnatic can blow up either team tomorrow.

lolling at this

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

xsf421 posted:

Sadly it doesn't matter who wins, because fnatic can blow up either team tomorrow.

lol

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Photex posted:

So who is getting cut from fnatic? I think JW is on the outs

Most likely. He and flusha are the only original Epsilon members left, and JW always was a guy who valued playing with friends a lot.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

maybe if fnatic would stop being so puggy, practice tactics, and stop relying on raw skill, they could actually win all of these winnable games.

these up and coming teams are absolutely dominating, and its entirely due to their team tactics.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

VP is not really an up and coming team though.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

VP is not really an up and coming team though.

true, but they really floundered up until now.

maybe I'm wrong, but there really seems to be a new meta forming of flexible teamplay, rather then leaning on all-star players.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Flexible teamplay is what fnatic do which is why their ct sides are usually some hot poo poo. The t-sides seem to lack the set ups of sk, navi etc so they flounder way more if things don't go their way. I'd hate to see them go full bot nip doing the same poo poo over and over. Like you would want the set ups of navi and the ability to go off book at a moment's notice like vp/sk but I dunno I guess thats not fun for them.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I went to the ELeague semifinals and finale this weekend and snapped a few lovely photos.

I bought got the VIP package and it came with some extra amenities. However, I think this area was available to all. There were a few tables with computers setup for people to play CS, a HyperX vendor display stand, a couple (cash?) bars, and some food and seating. On the other side of the wall was some laser tag and a Dust2 backdrop for photos. This seemed pretty nice. I think the VIP area was just a terrace inside that was a bit less crowded and had some comfy seating, and I did some reading there inbetween the semifinal matches.

Based on the seating chart, I thought I bought a ticket in the middle of the ninth row. However, I think that the stage took over the area where the first seven rows normally are, so I was in the middle of the second row. I probably would have preferred to have been back a few rows so I wouldn't have strained my neck as much to see the big monitor.

The VIP package came with some stuff, pictured here. I wish I had looked at what was in there before I went home on Friday so I could have used one of the four $5 concession vouchers. Four $5 concession vouchers and a $10 merch voucher seems pretty nice. The water bottle is a super goofy shape. I'm told the pin has some value, so I guess I need to figure out what to do with it.

I was rooting for VP, and the crowd were definitely behind them, so it was great to watch them win.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

true, but they really floundered up until now.

maybe I'm wrong, but there really seems to be a new meta forming of flexible teamplay, rather then leaning on all-star players.

second half of 2015 VP was fnatic's only real opponent through flexible, crisp tactics... it's nothing new, VP has always been like this. If anything their slumps are the times when they lose the insane precision of their teamplay.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Poland doesn't even have polar bears :colbert:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

yolandi posted:

Poland doesn't even have polar bears :colbert:

snax.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

:toxx: If Liquid DON'T win today, i'll get a Liquid tat :toxx:

where's that tat?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What's a good screen capture device for recording? Just got my first ace with a headshot that no doubt had me reported.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
nvidia shadowplay

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've got an iMac so I'm not sure I can get that

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I capture my garbage shots in garbage quality thanks to OBS.

(The program itself is good, I just can't configure it to record me well.)

surc
Aug 17, 2004

What's your upload speed like? There are a bunch of settings you can change up, but which enconder and the range you want to put the various properties in is going to depend on how much you can send out.

E: Oh you're recording not streaming. Well what're your CPU/GPU like? Similar issues will apply.

Also on an iMac you are kind of hosed because you have an iMac, other dude. :( You could try OBS, they have a cross-platform version, but I would guess you'll hit hardware limitations that mean it will be poo poo quality. I would probably just use the in-game demo recorder.

(in the console right after you join a server: "record 16AcesByMe" without the quotes)

surc fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 31, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just record and download the match after. That's why I wanted the record program to edit it in premiere. And it's a new iMac atleast and top of the shelf. I think it's 27inch with Retina display.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Oh, if you just want it to be editable and are already recording demos, you can definitely do that:
host_framerate 30
startmovie myAVIdemo avi

when viewing the demo. Here is a giant post about all the details and options that somebody wrote up on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2rz2rg/as_requested_ultimate_csgo_moviemaking_guide_by/

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Soulex posted:

I just record and download the match after. That's why I wanted the record program to edit it in premiere. And it's a new iMac atleast and top of the shelf. I think it's 27inch with Retina display.

obs

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

yeah you want OBS with NVENC at like..30,000 bitrate that's pretty much 1080p quality if I remember correctly.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It seems like at the end of every weekend I think I learned the lesson of you should just not play at the weekends. So many shitters, cheaters and malignant trolls. Its like a different game midweek. Also whats with eastern europeons thinking communication is for pussies. Like you're focused on what you're doing but you should know me and my retard friend died on a in the most ridiculous manner possible and you're about to get shot in the side of the head because that's what happens 15 seconds into the round and we've said nothing

I haven't bought esea before but ive been on the verge so often but it just seems so ridiculous that you have to pay for the real game of the game you have, do they at least have mics there. Can the pubbies tell you when they've failed and where its coming from? EU esea that is.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 1, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

surc posted:

Oh, if you just want it to be editable and are already recording demos, you can definitely do that:
host_framerate 30
startmovie myAVIdemo avi

when viewing the demo. Here is a giant post about all the details and options that somebody wrote up on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2rz2rg/as_requested_ultimate_csgo_moviemaking_guide_by/

Photex posted:

yeah you want OBS with NVENC at like..30,000 bitrate that's pretty much 1080p quality if I remember correctly.

Thanks everyone!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Goofballs posted:

It seems like at the end of every weekend I think I learned the lesson of you should just not play at the weekends. So many shitters, cheaters and malignant trolls. Its like a different game midweek. Also whats with eastern europeons thinking communication is for pussies. Like you're focused on what you're doing but you should know me and my retard friend died on a in the most ridiculous manner possible and you're about to get shot in the side of the head because that's what happens 15 seconds into the round and we've said nothing

I haven't bought esea before but ive been on the verge so often but it just seems so ridiculous that you have to pay for the real game of the game you have, do they at least have mics there. Can the pubbies tell you when they've failed and where its coming from? EU esea that is.

I've got a guest pass if you'd like to try it out first.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've been getting poo poo on my first week of ESEA :negative:

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Aren't you mge? I still get pooped on at lem

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/579edaae56a9b40c8b/pit-peek

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I've had bad games tonight as well, but I'm not going to read too much into it. I've had too many games where we've just steamrolled the other team, it stands to reason that the same would happen to me eventually.

I'm not putting up with trolls or idiots on the mic though. Ain't nobody got time for that. I mute and block those doofuses with the quickness.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I've got a guest pass if you'd like to try it out first.

Thanks for the offer but I got a month of it in the meantime. I'll play some games tonight. MM just gets to me sometimes when I don't get why some people even queue up

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/579f81c73c875c714c/fastest-competitive-round-ive-ever-played

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Goofballs posted:

Thanks for the offer but I got a month of it in the meantime. I'll play some games tonight. MM just gets to me sometimes when I don't get why some people even queue up

More than anything, it's the screaming that gets to me. I have to set voice_scale to .1 just to keep it manageable and then I still end up having to mute some people because they won't stop screaming into their microphone.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I'm a casual machine. http://plays.tv/s/KtzdR4pJfNne

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yep

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
Had two rounds tonight where I broke 30 and still lost because half my team got into a blood feud with the other half.

The mute button is right there

You could just use it

Why are you arguing for twenty rounds about something that happened at the start of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Had two rounds tonight where I broke 30 and still lost because half my team got into a blood feud with the other half.

The mute button is right there

You could just use it

Why are you arguing for twenty rounds about something that happened at the start of the game

Because some people feel like it's a damnable sin to mute people in competitive.

Because some people have serious brain problems.