Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ShimSham posted:

I'm just waiting on them to be decent human beings and re-release Berserker Armor Guts.

Hopefully when Guts get the Berserker Armor in the new anime, it'll happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vegastar posted:

Don't mind me, just excited to have found this x-men wave. Apart from the mind boggling material used for Iceman, these are loving great.

Where is that flame effect behind Phoenix from?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Agrias120 posted:

Where is that flame effect behind Phoenix from?

It's the Tamashii flame effect pack. I grabbed it from a Barnes and Noble for ~20 bucks or so.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-tamashii-effect-burning-flame/28033740?ean=4543112878717

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vegastar posted:

It's the Tamashii flame effect pack. I grabbed it from a Barnes and Noble for ~20 bucks or so.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-tamashii-effect-burning-flame/28033740?ean=4543112878717

drat, that is awesome. I like that better than the old Flame Phoenix from the last Legends release.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Agrias120 posted:

drat, that is awesome. I like that better than the old Flame Phoenix from the last Legends release.

They really do come out looking quite nice. I'm always tempted to pick up more effects like it, but I haven't found a reasonably cheap way to pick them up. B&N only ever seems to have the red flames. I'll probably have to do an Amazon order or something.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vegastar posted:

They really do come out looking quite nice. I'm always tempted to pick up more effects like it, but I haven't found a reasonably cheap way to pick them up. B&N only ever seems to have the red flames. I'll probably have to do an Amazon order or something.

Yeah, I might have to swing by my local B&N and see if they have them. If I could get them for a decent price, I'd snag them for new ML Phoenix and old ML Phoenix/old ML Dark Phoenix. FLAMES EVERYWHERE.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Vegastar posted:

Apart from the mind boggling material used for Iceman, these are loving great.

I'd assume his plastic is different because he's translucent. I've always found that to be the case, that clear plastic feels gummier.

I actually like the look of him, but he's aggravating to get into any pose because of how rubbery he feels.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

A little while back someone posted in the panel thread some TMNT stuff (Mutanimals) I liked and that spiraled into me reading a bunch of Ninja Turtles comics. And then me preordering this:

I saw the preview stuff of Krang on toyark and hopefully I'll be off this trip by the time that hits.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found the 12 inch Marvel Legends and the Civil War Spidey 3-pack at TRU today. Bought Cap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Joe Fisto posted:

I found the 12 inch Marvel Legends and the Civil War Spidey 3-pack at TRU today. Bought Cap.

Yeah I saw those at work on Monday. Think our store needs to sell one more Spider-Man wave figure to get a new shipment. Man the Absorbing Man wave had a lot of peg warmers.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Local TRU showed the civil war three pack available for in store pickup so I drove over. Of course it was not on the shelf, no place for it at all. They had the 12" captain America though who looked goofy. So I came home and bought the three pack for I. Store pickup and will go by and grab it tomorrow. Weird that they do it that way but at least I got home.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I can't imagine any of you would remember, but I've been trying to find a cheap DC Universe Classics Captain Cold for a while, just because I've always liked the character, it seemed like the best version out there, and my DC collection (a combination of DCUC and pre-2011 DC Direct) is pretty much complete except for him. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a completist -- I just collect characters I really like, who I have some kind of long-standing attachment to.

Well, my $10 figure finally arrived, and... I'm glad I didn't pay more than $10.

I was well aware of the figure's flaws, but they became so much more striking to me after handling my first DCUC figure in over a year, since all of mine just stand on display, collecting dust. Plus, I have become spoiled by the quality of Marvel Select.

It was hard getting Snart to stand up on his own. Each leg has a thigh swivel, and the ankles have a forward/backward hinge, but there were no cuts at the boot line, nor "ankle rockers," which have totally become a necessary point of articulation, even in Transformers.

I knew about his permanent scowl, when I think of Snart/Cold as a smirking, smug, "too cool for school" kind of bad guy thanks to the great Wentworth Miller. But his hand barely holds his cold gun, to the point where I wish it was just permanently sculpted into his grip.

And all the white areas on his costume -- fur lining around the hood, the icicle-looking "shawl" around his neck and shoulders (a separate rubbery piece), the boots, and gloves -- are all a dirty gray rather than what colorists have always presented as gleaming, clean, clinical white, making him look like some kind of snarling hobo in dirty pajamas.

Am I disappointed? A little. Am I surprised? No. If this figure was awesome, I would have bought it back when it came out. But I'm a fan, and I own almost all my other favorite characters, so I guess I had to take the plunge. If the DCC Icons Cold blows it away (if they ever show it), maybe I'll upgrade a year from now, or whenever it comes out. But even Mattel could do a much better job than this all those years ago -- their DCUC Beetle and Booster were fine, and their Starmen, Question, Captain Atom, Deadshot, and Captain Boomerang were the definitive versions.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 28, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I can't imagine any of you would remember, but I've been trying to find a cheap DC Universe Classics Captain Cold for a while, just because I've always liked the character, it seemed like the best version out there, and my DC collection (a combination of DCUC and pre-2011 DC Direct) is pretty much complete except for him. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a completist -- I just collect characters I really like, who I have some kind of long-standing attachment to.

Well, my $10 figure finally arrived, and... I'm glad I didn't pay more than $10.

I was well aware of the figure's flaws, but they became so much more striking to me after handling my first DCUC figure in over a year, since all of mine just stand on display, collecting dust. Plus, I have become spoiled by the quality of Marvel Select.

It was hard getting Snart to stand up on his own. Each leg has a thigh swivel, and the ankles have a forward/backward hinge, but there were no cuts at the boot line, nor "ankle rockers," which have totally become a necessary point of articulation, even in Transformers.

I knew about his permanent scowl, when I think of Snart/Cold as a smirking, smug, "too cool for school" kind of bad guy thanks to the great Wentworth Miller. But his hand barely holds his cold gun, to the point where I wish it was just permanently sculpted into his grip.

And all the white areas on his costume -- fur lining around the hood, the icicle-looking "shawl" around his neck and shoulders (a separate rubbery piece), the boots, and gloves -- are all a dirty gray rather than what colorists have always presented as gleaming, clean, clinical white, making him look like some kind of snarling hobo in dirty pajamas.

Am I disappointed? A little. Am I surprised? No. If this figure was awesome, I would have bought it back when it came out. But I'm a fan, and I own almost all my other favorite characters, so I guess I had to take the plunge. If the DCC Icons Cold blows it away (if they ever show it), maybe I'll upgrade a year from now, or whenever it comes out. But even Mattel could do a much better job than this all those years ago -- their DCUC Beetle and Booster were fine, and their Starmen, Question, Captain Atom, Deadshot, and Captain Boomerang were the definitive versions.

Interesting.

From the pictures online, his only downside appeared to be his holster - it just looked out of place, like it was blowing in the wind for no reason.

I like Lenny, and I was happy with having his retro Mego-style figure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's another Hong Kong toy show starting up today, should be a few reveals there.

Already pictures of Hot Toys Dr. Strange out, CW Spidey is likely, and ROTJ Luke. Probably more.

Edit: They're supposed to have Rogue One stuff too.

Edit 2: The guy got some wires crossed I guess. What they have are the actual Rogue One costumes on display, not figures.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 29, 2016

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
These look interesting: WWE Zombies. Surprisingly gory for mass market, but really cool.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Gann Jerrod posted:

These look interesting: WWE Zombies. Surprisingly gory for mass market, but really cool.

Wow, that Triple H figure is pretty drat cool.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Undertaker should've been just a regular figure.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The Triple H figure has a massive quad injury, just like the real thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Jet Set! Jet Set! Jet Set Radiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

None of the WWE zombie figures will ever match the prototype of zombie Hulk Hogan tearing his chest apart. Unfortunately he may have said some things that got that figure canceled.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sentinel Red posted:

Oh poo poo, I really want this to be a thing!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

One step closer to an Ulala figuarts.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Sentinel Red posted:

Please tell me they will be making a Cube figure too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

None of the WWE zombie figures will ever match the prototype of zombie Hulk Hogan tearing his chest apart. Unfortunately he may have said some things that got that figure canceled.

I was sad about it getting cancelled and then I remembered that it would only ever look good in that one pose.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Found a nick fury and two black panthers at TRU today. (They were stocking yesterday when I picked up my civil war 3 pack so I thought I'd stop back by in case they had put out the xmen wave). Finally I can have dirk anger in plastic form!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Found a nick fury and two black panthers at TRU today. (They were stocking yesterday when I picked up my civil war 3 pack so I thought I'd stop back by in case they had put out the xmen wave). Finally I can have dirk anger in plastic form!

Lucky. My store probably won't ever get that wave as we have ten Cap Wolves alone! Man that Red Onslaught wave was a failure.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Travis343 posted:

One step closer to an Ulala figuarts.

Don't dare tease me so. It breeds hope, and hope is a cruel lie.

:(

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

Shame it got canceled. That figure was amazing. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan comes back soon.

That Zombie line has a lot of potential just sucks with the exception of that Hogan figure they are all so tame.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

Don't dare tease me so. It breeds hope, and hope is a cruel lie.

:(

Hope sometimes pays off...

Lencho fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 30, 2016

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
*dies*

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Joe Fisto posted:

The Undertaker should've been just a regular figure.

Ha, I don't know if you're joking here or not, but these figures are sort-of based on photo galleries they've posted on WWE.com every Halloween of a bunch of wrestlers photoshopped into zombies and the recurring joke most years is that there's a normal photo of Undertaker thrown in there.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Perry Normal posted:

Ha, I don't know if you're joking here or not, but these figures are sort-of based on photo galleries they've posted on WWE.com every Halloween of a bunch of wrestlers photoshopped into zombies and the recurring joke most years is that there's a normal photo of Undertaker thrown in there.

I didn't realize that was a thing. Awesome.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Finally after looking for what seems like an eternity I found a World of Nintendo Metroid for $14.99 at Toys r Us. They had Ganondorf there as well. And on the subject of WWE toys, I also saw a bunch of Network Spotlight Austin figures in his Ringmaster gimmick. Looked gloriously goofy.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I finally got around to ordering the NECA Weird Al. I think I'm going to display him with the 80's hair and accordion.

Of course Weird Al got into a wrestling match with the Wolfman.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Good thing Wolfman's got nards.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
New World of Nintendo 4" figures are showing up in Wal-Marts, either near the Yo-kai Watch stuff or in the aisle over near the nerf stuff:

As always, appreciate if somebody would grab them for me if they see them, specifically Zelda, Skull Kid, Red Toad and Slippy. I have a 6" Metroid up for trade if anybody finds them.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I finally got around to ordering the NECA Weird Al. I think I'm going to display him with the 80's hair and accordion.

Ah, the ravages of age on one's eyesight. On first glance, I looked at this and wondered "why is Ripley holding an accordion?"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man, I finally had time to hit up Tradesmart (the hastings spin off place) for it's going out of business sale, hoping to score a Chappie on the cheap. But no Chappie. Chappie gone. Those gently caress mothers.

Tons of three zero Heisenbergs though. Almost got one, but I wasn't feeling it. Really wanted that Chappie. Ah well.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Louisgod posted:

As always, appreciate if somebody would grab them for me if they see them, specifically Zelda, Skull Kid, Red Toad and Slippy. I have a 6" Metroid up for trade if anybody finds them.

I don't know anything about zelda but that skull kid looks like a weird black face action figure on first glance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just wish the small Metroids would drop. Especially after the sale on the big ones this week.