Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god all the ammunition :smaug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"Your honor, you'll notice that if you flip the corner of our trial brief detailing the evidence we will be presenting, you'll see Michael Jordan performing a backboard shattering slam dunk."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think this shows the wisdom of the Feds being very patient and letting the occupation drag out for a while, because the Bundy idiots used that time to bury themselves in heaps of self-incrimination. It's simply amazing how they have strung themselves up so neatly.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
There's more than ten pages of just guns

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Page 13 to page 34 inclusive for guns and ammo, goddamn.

Also I'm kindof upset at the complete lack of any network traffic captures since Fry was very obviously using linux bootsticks in the agency PCs on the agency network to do stuff.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
ooh I found a typo

quote:

Photo - Ken Medenbach placing sign on U.S. government vehicle
with Oregon License Plate: I485218

That's a federal government license plate not an oregon license plate. Looks like the feds just admitted the U.S. government is under the jurisdiction of the sovereign state government, checkmate case dismissed.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
"671 Video - Sean Anderson firing at airplane 1/27/16 MNWR_0019409"

Good stuff.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there was some predictable stuff in there like

• Physical Evidence - General - One (1) Charlie Team Tactics notebook, green color
  • Physical Evidence - General - One (1) flag that reads: "Don't Tread on Me".
  • Physical Evidence - General - One (1) yellow paper notepad that was opened to page with writing, "Infantry-Squad" as well as names and duties listed.
  • Physical Evidence - General - U.S. Flag bearing signatures

then i got to the gun section and thought "eh there probably won't be anything good in here", but

• Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) Cobray "fake silencer", it is not a silencer but a tube designed to look like a silencer. No ATF trace required.
  • Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) Crossman "2100 Classic" .17 caliber Pellet/BB Repeater serial number B93516479 with a black canvas strap attached.
  • Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) envelope containing eight (8) loose .357 live rounds of ammunition.

i don't think any of these people were ever going to rise above the level of "miller-lite minuteman" with the kind of firearm safety they practiced. there's pages and pages worth of exhibits that read like "3 live rounds of X size ammo, found loose in a drawer" :psyduck:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Physical Evidence - Guns

new thread title

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

PST posted:

Gavin Seim's ability to twist the truth is truly impressive.

Yep, conveniently left out the whole "building a pond on someone else's private land without their permission".

Lutha Mahtin posted:

there was some predictable stuff in there like

• Physical Evidence - General - One (1) Charlie Team Tactics notebook, green color
  • Physical Evidence - General - One (1) flag that reads: "Don't Tread on Me".
  • Physical Evidence - General - One (1) yellow paper notepad that was opened to page with writing, "Infantry-Squad" as well as names and duties listed.
  • Physical Evidence - General - U.S. Flag bearing signatures

then i got to the gun section and thought "eh there probably won't be anything good in here", but

• Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) Cobray "fake silencer", it is not a silencer but a tube designed to look like a silencer. No ATF trace required.
  • Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) Crossman "2100 Classic" .17 caliber Pellet/BB Repeater serial number B93516479 with a black canvas strap attached.
  • Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) envelope containing eight (8) loose .357 live rounds of ammunition.

i don't think any of these people were ever going to rise above the level of "miller-lite minuteman" with the kind of firearm safety they practiced. there's pages and pages worth of exhibits that read like "3 live rounds of X size ammo, found loose in a drawer" :psyduck:

You missed "Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) cardboard box labeled "TANNERITE, Brand Binary Exploding Targets", containing ten (10) containers that appear empty, with orange "Tannerite" labels" and "Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) container, opened, with orange label, "TANNERITE Brand Mixing Container and Instructions", with small amount of gray substance."

Tannerite's a low explosive usually used to produce targets that go off with a bang when shot. It might be a low explosive, but it's still explosive.

Oh wait, this one's good...

quote:

Physical Evidence - Guns - Ten (10) rifle magazines containing two hundred six (206) .223 caliber live rounds of ammunition, some rifle magazines are marked "PAYNE". Evidence was removed from a green tactical vest (1B196) which was found by Jeremiah Pucket, Harney County local who claimed he found it "on the side of the road".

Somebody tried to ditch his fighting gear.

Any idea what the "checks to MNWR" might be used for? There's also mention of bank cards under the government's name and physical cash. They going to put a grand theft/larceny charge on them as well?

Young Freud has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Jul 31, 2016

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Deeply disappointed that there weren't 8 fewer pieces of evidence.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The hammer is coming down - government releases pretrial brief against the Bundys.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/07/prosecutors_oregon_standoff_de.html

Oh these morons are only leaving prison in body bags.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think this shows the wisdom of the Feds being very patient and letting the occupation drag out for a while, because the Bundy idiots used that time to bury themselves in heaps of self-incrimination. It's simply amazing how they have strung themselves up so neatly.

If only all terrorists were as courteous/stupid.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Young Freud posted:

Yep, conveniently left out the whole "building a pond on someone else's private land without their permission".

You missed "Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) cardboard box labeled "TANNERITE, Brand Binary Exploding Targets", containing ten (10) containers that appear empty, with orange "Tannerite" labels" and "Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) container, opened, with orange label, "TANNERITE Brand Mixing Container and Instructions", with small amount of gray substance."

Tannerite's a low explosive usually used to produce targets that go off with a bang when shot. It might be a low explosive, but it's still explosive.

Oh wait, this one's good...

Somebody tried to ditch his fighting gear.

Any idea what the "checks to MNWR" might be used for? There's also mention of bank cards under the government's name and physical cash. They going to put a grand theft/larceny charge on them as well?

Tannerite is pretty drat close to legal ANFO, other than the detonation method. They even have similar detonation velocities (~3500m/s or so). 5 lbs of it (10 1/2 lb containers) detonated at once would be a pretty good way to gently caress someone up real bad.

Mixed with a binder and in a slightly different ratio, it's also the fuel that the Space Shuttle Solid Rocket boosters burned. :science:

CommanderApaul has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Jul 31, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CommanderApaul posted:

Tannerite is pretty drat close to legal ANFO, other than the detonation method. They even have similar detonation velocities (~3500m/s or so). 5 lbs of it (10 1/2 lb containers) detonated at once would be a pretty good way to gently caress someone up real bad.

Mixed with a binder and in a slightly different ratio, it's also the fuel that the Space Shuttle Solid Rocket boosters burned. :science:

Yeah, that's part of the point I was getting at. Even if it has a low detonation velocity compared to high explosives like TNT, put it in a metal container would still produce shrapnel that could kill someone. Even at without a container, if you're close enough to it, it would be still probably kill or maim someone, even in small amounts. The labels on the stuff even mention that minimum safe distance is about 100 yards for the 1/2 lb. jars. I just read somewhere that 5 lbs. is enough to blow out the windows and blow off the doors of vehicle.

Looks like the FBI has a datasheet on Tannerite, just in case a vendor sees someone buying large amounts of it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ponzicar posted:

Plus a good percentage of the evidence seems to be their Facebook posts and videos. Apparently showing off your illegal activities on the internet is a bad idea.

I guess they figure since the illuminati plot and place clues right out in the open so some neckbeard can foil them means they have to do the same

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

My favorite so far:

272 posted:

Physical Evidence - Guns - Five (5) empty magazines found with
(1B1071) rifle SN: 16479. Written on the magazines are the
phrases: "Bye Bye Fed 4 LV", "RIP Lavoy Finicum 1-26-16
WAR", "Brains & Blood", "Arch Angel I Angel of", (1B1072)

I hope the handwriting is as poor as the nonsensical phrase "Arch Angel I Angel of" would indicate :allears:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

181 Physical Evidence - General - One blue 55 gal. drum marked 'Passion water based lubricant' (opened) (1B344)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CommanderApaul posted:

Don't even need that much. Pack it in a confined space, even a small amount with shrapnel things like nails and poo poo around it and you'll gently caress a whole bunch of poo poo up

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Holy poo poo lolz! I hope someone special is reading this

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CaptainViolence posted:

I hope the handwriting is as poor as the nonsensical phrase "Arch Angel I Angel of" would indicate :allears:

That had to have been David Fry's.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Don't even need that much. Pack it in a confined space, even a small amount with shrapnel things like nails and poo poo around it and you'll gently caress a whole bunch of poo poo up

If it can be set off by being shot then it's presumably really unstable once mixed. Could be kinda nervous.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SocketWrench posted:

Holy poo poo lolz! I hope someone special is reading this

not real

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

If it can be set off by being shot then it's presumably really unstable once mixed. Could be kinda nervous.

Not really. It can only be set off by a high velocity impact, typically from transonic projectiles (that is over 2,000 fps or 600m/s) with larger calibers being more reliable in triggering a detonation than smaller calibers. The Tannerite website even has a list of calibers that are not guaranteed to set off a Tannerite target, mostly being pistol cartridges fired from pistol-length barrels. The whole point of using Tannerite for target practice is because you would be shooting at this stuff at long range with rifles and you would likely not be able to see your own impacts, even with spotter scopes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You got me so excited. :mad:

The only thing that could make this better is if they kept a literal diary like the silk road guy.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

You all missed this gem:

quote:

Physical Evidence - Guns - One (1) 44 caliber black powder pistol,
"F.llpietta-made in Italy" stamped on the barrel. Serial number:
323688. Unknown model.

Someone brought a loving old timey pirate gun :allears:

e: no it's a revolver, an old timey revolver

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

You all missed this gem:

Is a revolver not a type of gun? It's in the gun section, right? Or is it not a pirate gun? Not trying to start gunchat, just not understanding...

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

VioletCorsica posted:

Is a revolver not a type of gun? It's in the gun section, right? Or is it not a pirate gun? Not trying to start gunchat, just not understanding...

revolvers aren't particularly piratey

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lutha Mahtin posted:

loving :lol:

Dear patriots I mail you these bullets so you can

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

You all missed this gem:

One of the felons probably brought that. It doesn't meet the legal definition of a "firearm" in the US so folks who are barred from owning firearms can still buy them.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

You all missed this gem:

A pepperbox pistol??? Like one of those revolvers with 3-12 or more barrels?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, that's part of the point I was getting at. Even if it has a low detonation velocity compared to high explosives like TNT, put it in a metal container would still produce shrapnel that could kill someone. Even at without a container, if you're close enough to it, it would be still probably kill or maim someone, even in small amounts. The labels on the stuff even mention that minimum safe distance is about 100 yards for the 1/2 lb. jars. I just read somewhere that 5 lbs. is enough to blow out the windows and blow off the doors of vehicle.

Looks like the FBI has a datasheet on Tannerite, just in case a vendor sees someone buying large amounts of it.

Y'all missed the video last March of the Georgia idiot that lost a leg from a tannerite explosion.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2016/03/georgia_man_loses_leg_shooting_explosive_tannerite.html

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rick_Hunter posted:

Y'all missed the video last March of the Georgia idiot that lost a leg from a tannerite explosion.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2016/03/georgia_man_loses_leg_shooting_explosive_tannerite.html

That's a hefty splash of greasy freedom on the lens there

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

You all missed this gem:

It's an Italian copy of an Old West Colt revolver

so cowboy gun, not pirate gun

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rick_Hunter posted:

"Oww I blew my leg off."

Literal quote.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/759501629053739009

That withdrawal receipt dated three weeks after the occupation started has me REALLY CURIOUS what account they debited that from. Surely they weren't so incredibly stupid right at the beginning when they still thought they were doing something just to use all that financial information they took from the workspace to steal money from the U.S. Government or the Friends of Malheur Refuge, right? Note that they had several government Mastercards in their possession as well.

Holy geez the trial is gonna be amazing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Merrill Grinch posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/759501629053739009

That withdrawal receipt dated three weeks after the occupation started has me REALLY CURIOUS what account they debited that from. Surely they weren't so incredibly stupid right at the beginning when they still thought they were doing something just to use all that financial information they took from the workspace to steal money from the U.S. Government or the Friends of Malheur Refuge, right? Note that they had several government Mastercards in their possession as well.

Holy geez the trial is gonna be amazing.

If that was from a bank account held by the government or the Friends of Malheur Refuge or someone who donated to MNWR, how did Chase even allow the occupiers to withdrawal from the account? I knew this stuff would add up to another charge, they had at least five figures in cash from the exhibit list.

I'm certain that the government credit cards or the fuel cards got used.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Young Freud posted:

The first thing I thought of was that all the financial stuff was probably locked up, which would mean somebody broke into a cash register or safe. Like if they found fingerprints all over a broken cash register, then found the same prints on a bunch of money and checks stashed away in a corner, well... I'm not a cop or a lawyer but I think the owner of those prints would be royally boned.

It also wouldn't surprise me if there was at least one case of somebody pocketing a refuge employee's fleet card to fill up their truck :v:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

If I'm reading this right, the withdrawal was on 1/26 and the standoff began on 1/2. Looks to me like those four items, taken together, show someone going to the bank to deposit a check to the MNWR account, then using that check along with the ID listed fourth to withdraw $6,000, which went into the bag listed third. Is there something I'm missing about the dates?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Azathoth posted:

If I'm reading this right, the withdrawal was on 1/26 and the standoff began on 1/2. Looks to me like those four items, taken together, show someone going to the bank to deposit a check to the MNWR account, then using that check along with the ID listed fourth to withdraw $6,000, which went into the bag listed third. Is there something I'm missing about the dates?

Someone was trying to drain money out of a government account and abscond with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Someone was trying to drain money out of a government account and abscond with it.

Well you see, as all taxation is theft really he was just recovering his stolen property.
:sovcitsay: