Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Wireless earbuds aren't even like a new thing and $79 isn't particularly cheap. I don't get how some of this stuff gets funded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

CommunistPancake posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/876321144/fireflies-affordable-wire-free-earbuds

really doubting they thought they could do this with the $20k they asked for

The woman from the video preview looks really concerned about these earbuds

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BattleMaster posted:

It depends on if they're just reselling something you can find on Alibaba

They're not even loving trying:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/X1T-2016-New-Technology-True-Wireless_60486821823.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.91aTOX&s=p

They'll hit a loving million too for gently caress's sake.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sometimes I wish I didn't have scruples

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

BattleMaster posted:

sometimes I wish I had $10k to blow on some poo poo off alibaba and the UPSELL THE EVER LIVING gently caress OUT OF IT

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

my problem is not so much scruples as i'd think "nah there's no way people would give me millions for this"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Iron Prince posted:

sometimes I wish I had $10k to blow on some poo poo off alibaba and the UPSELL THE EVER LIVING gently caress OUT OF IT

Well the best part of Kickstarter is that people give you the money in advance of you delivering the product, so you can claim that the shipping times from China are actually R&D working on the product or something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BattleMaster posted:

Well the best part of Kickstarter is that people give you the money in advance of you delivering the product, so you can claim that the shipping times from China are actually R&D working on the product or something.
You can also delay the delivery by a month or two, claiming some plausibly-sounding operational challenges, and rake in the interest from the millions in your account.

Really, KS did a great job completely disrupting entrepreneurship by moving all the risks from the "entrepreneur" to the customer. I have no moral issues taking advantage of it, the biggest problem is this too:

Groovelord Neato posted:

my problem is not so much scruples as i'd think "nah there's no way people would give me millions for this"
Like, who would've thought that people will line up by the thousands to buy lovely bluetooth earbuds that they could've bought before and much cheaper? But apparently they will if you put it on KS and send a pair to cnet to write a crappy article about them.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Too lazy and forgetful to apply/reapply sunscreen?

Perhaps what you need is a pod-based wrist applicator

No idea if the tiny amount it dispenses in each image is considered one "dose" or not.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I just can't get enough of loving pods!

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Germstore posted:

I just can't get enough of loving pods!

loving lol, this shits too advanced to be refillable.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
Chemical-free sunscreen, made with chemical-free minerals.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Explosive Tampons posted:

Unicode emojis are dumb enough as is.

Pepperidge Farm remembers when emojis mostly had a purpose and weren't just glorified, standardized emoticons from another corner of the globe which people didn't notice for a decade.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Knightmere posted:

No idea if the tiny amount it dispenses in each image is considered one "dose" or not.

If you follow the American Academy of Dermatology recommended amount of sunscreen (1 oz) you would need like 10 pods every 2 hours, more if you sweat or get wet at all

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Jul 31, 2016

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Update on Star Citizen.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Update on Star Citizen.

I always feel bad when I talk to people who are invested in this flaming garbage heap.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Shame on you for not seeing the genius design of this future fan, sooner or later all fans will work like that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Looks like somebody just mess up the axis for rotation transform, did it not get fixed or something?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Ok so this, I'm 100% sure, would get a ton of "press" mentions and pull millions in KS from the IoT crowd and general millennials. Just make a few polished videos of hipsters monitoring their balcony mini-tomato and herb plantations for healthy sustainable living:

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-4-in-1-Flower-Plant-Light-Temperature-Tester-Garden-Soil-Moisture-Nutrient-Monitor-p-1068369.html

Too bad it's made by a well known brand, Xiaomi, so just re-branding it (probably) won't fly.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I question the "well-known" status of the Xiaomi brand.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Is that some weird way to say Konami? All jokes aside, hipsters are loving idiots and you can sell them anything if you use the right buzzwords. I do have some snake oil around here. Excuse me, I mean artisanal, non GMO, hand squeezed, all natural reptillian booster. It even comes with its own app. Why? You figure it out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

fishmech posted:

I question the "well-known" status of the Xiaomi brand.

It's well known enough that it'd get called out immediately.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok so this, I'm 100% sure, would get a ton of "press" mentions and pull millions in KS from the IoT crowd and general millennials. Just make a few polished videos of hipsters monitoring their balcony mini-tomato and herb plantations for healthy sustainable living:

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-4-in-1-Flower-Plant-Light-Temperature-Tester-Garden-Soil-Moisture-Nutrient-Monitor-p-1068369.html

Too bad it's made by a well known brand, Xiaomi, so just re-branding it (probably) won't fly.

Just add one more bullshit feature to it. Label it "chemical-free".

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

CommunistPancake posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/876321144/fireflies-affordable-wire-free-earbuds

really doubting they thought they could do this with the $20k they asked for
These folks got free advertising since they are utah based.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40763362&nid=1012&title=2-utah-companies-bringing-wireless-earbud-innovation-to-the-world

Just googling ksl kickstart, you'll find lots of Utah based kickstarter that get free advertisement.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

It's well known enough that it'd get called out immediately.

Yeah it's not super huge outside of China yet but I do have their Yi camera and a friend of mine has one of the phones. In China itself they're one of the biggest tech brands with their own fanboys ,and not at all an anonymous factory in Shenzhen.

Harveygod posted:

Just add one more bullshit feature to it. Label it "chemical-free".

iPhone! I forgot to mention the iPhone too. Chemical and GMO-free way to organically garden with your iPhone!

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
Looks like somebody just mess up the axis for rotation transform, did it not get fixed or something?

If you can find it, Xiaomi's factory (or maybe even Xiaomi themselves) will probably rebrand and reshape it for you.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

i dont think you understand. they have UNPARALLED COMFORT OKAY

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Knightmere posted:

Huh, a pod-based sunscreen applicator for the wrist? Like, it sprays it out as a mist at intervals or something? I can't see why anybody would need that.
*clicks link*

It... It's a small tube of regular-old sunscreen. It just squeezes it out into your hands like a regular thing. Who could possibly need this?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

stringball posted:

Is there anyone with a bear simulator avatar still from when the guy came in and lots of people believed very hard in bear simulator
Does mine count? We got them for making bear jokes for an entire page of the Kickstarter thread over in Games.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

Huh, a pod-based sunscreen applicator for the wrist? Like, it sprays it out as a mist at intervals or something? I can't see why anybody would need that.
*clicks link*

It... It's a small tube of regular-old sunscreen. It just squeezes it out into your hands like a regular thing. Who could possibly need this?

The person who invented this never used sunscreen

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The person who gets enough sun to need sunscreen at hand at all times, but not enough to need more than a tiny bit.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I bet that thing takes a huge amount of force to get a little sunscreen after the first 20% of the sunscreen is used.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Germstore posted:

I bet that thing takes a huge amount of force to get a little sunscreen after the first 20% of the sunscreen is used.

Getting out even as much as is in the gif seemed to take a bit of effort. I can't imagine getting more that 20% of the sunscreen out period.

e: The more I look at the gif, the more it looks like they're lifting it to their lips off-screen. It's really weird.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SpacePig posted:

*clicks link*

Why are they wearing rings on their middle fingers?

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

So, you've got a watch on one wrist, a fitbit on the other, and then you're gonna stack this goober thing on top. Just get a purse/bag or learn to leave a bottle of sunscreen in your car you loving goobers.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

But but that would ruin my everyday carry essentials, I need more garbage strapped to me like a Centurion action figure to function in real world

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
MayoNeeZ is your must-have companion when it comes to on-the-go snacking. The fashionable wristband allows you to pop-in fresh mayo capsules for any outdoor activity.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Please support my new wrist ketchup dispenser kickstarter. Stretch goals include mustard and mayo pods.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

SpacePig posted:

The more I look at the gif, the more it looks like they're lifting it to their lips off-screen. It's really weird.

I had to squint not to see that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Germstore posted:

It doesn't even matter because there's only room for 2 squirts of sunscreen. Who the gently caress wants that?

You'd have to carry around dozens of the pods, and then you'd have all these empty pods you have to clean and refill every time you want to go to the beach.

Carrying a single bottle is massively more convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Someone's not thinking the Kickstarter Way.