Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Got a shiny pelipper while hunting for lucky eggs :smugjones:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

unown really should have some stupid gimmick ability tied to them if theyre going to only give them one move. maybe something like they grow stronger the more you have of them in your party. or maybe spelling out certain words with them makes them stronger. idk something stupid but fun

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

LionArcher posted:

I think I do somewhere, but I think they stopped working... I'll double check in the morning.

The back of the cards say they expired May 31st.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't think it's possible to do a solo Shedinja run, so maybe not every Pokemon can win by being a favourite.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it's possible to do a solo Mudkip run in Ruby, I did it once

let me tell you how much it sucks to have to devote 3 move slots to water moves; it sucks a lot

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
tho i did grow an appreciation for how circly Hoenn is, that made not having a flyer bearable

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

LionArcher posted:

I think I do somewhere, but I think they stopped working... I'll double check in the morning.

Hey, it's better than nothing! If you still have one PM me or email me at shiniba at Gmail dot com

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I haven't played X&Y in a long time. Did PokeEdit ever get updated to be able to send Pokemon to the 3DS games?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Man Cloyster is such a good pokemon. Don't know why I never see anyone using it, it's probably the best rapid spinner and can set up its own hazards just fine.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

L RT
RP KQ

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ApplesandOranges posted:

I don't think it's possible to do a solo Shedinja run, so maybe not every Pokemon can win by being a favourite.

You easily can through copious grinding. Shedinja has a decent enough movepool/attack stat that you should be able to get through the game if overleveled with the exception of maaaaaaybe RED. You can always set up on something that can't hurt it with X-attacks/hone claws and use Shadow Sneak if you need to.

I know you can beat Red in Gold/Silver with only a Spinarak. Because I did, even if I had to grind to level 100 to PP stall out flamethrower because below that he couldn't survive a single hit :shepicide:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Justice for orange?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Justice for orange?

Harambe

Edit: I'm sure :thejoke: but some unown look really nothing like the letter they represent

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

A Magical Lamp posted:

Man Cloyster is such a good pokemon. Don't know why I never see anyone using it, it's probably the best rapid spinner and can set up its own hazards just fine.

I more often see, and use, skill link/shell smash varieties. Usually with Icicle Spear/Rock Blast/and either Razor Shell or Hydro Pump.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

PSWII60 posted:

I more often see, and use, skill link/shell smash varieties. Usually with Icicle Spear/Rock Blast/and either Razor Shell or Hydro Pump.

I'm using both. Toxic spikes instead of the secondary STAB

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

This, and holding a King's Rock

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drat palkia and dialga were easy af to catch i caught palkia in a heal ball

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

palkia and dialga have much higher catch rates than most legendaries since they were mandatory encounters in diamond and pearl

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im gonna find a feebas tile...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No you isn't

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

there's a guaranteed tile behind one of the trainers, but she's got three monsters with earthquake so good luck

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

please don't meme my friends

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aishite imasu
https://twitter.com/matsu_bomaye/status/759312721418395648

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dienes posted:

Harambe

Edit: I'm sure :thejoke: but some unown look really nothing like the letter they represent

What? the only unknown there that isn't super easy to figure out was B

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Is there any non-horrible way to do Super Training as a left hander?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

is my sweet young boy tanahashi champ again yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no kenny omega demolished his shoulder and then he started the g1 0-3

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Stumbled on a shiny Klefki while looking for a Scraggy in Alpha Sapphire. I'm fairly sure my Pokemon career can only go downhill from here.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

A Magical Lamp posted:

Is there any non-horrible way to do Super Training as a left hander?

I'm left handed, and I just hold the stylus in my right hand. It's really stupid and poorly designed, but that's your only real option. But all you need to be able to do is tap + hold on the screen and drag the stylus around, so you're not at a huge disadvantage, in my experience.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
What in the sweet everloving gently caress was up with the old guys and the powerless man in Mauville? Also gently caress super training then, I'd rather go to the swablu every time than do it right handed.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

A Magical Lamp posted:

What in the sweet everloving gently caress was up with the old guys and the powerless man in Mauville? Also gently caress super training then, I'd rather go to the swablu every time than do it right handed.

EV horde training is faster anyway. At least you can keep track of how trained your monsters are though.

As for the old guys? It's a Japanese game, its mandatory to include something bizarre and leave it unexplained.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Elfgames posted:

What? the only unknown there that isn't super easy to figure out was B

That's why I said some, not all.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

This is why you get a team of six.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Dienes posted:

That's why I said some, not all.

I always think the H is an O. Z is pretty bad too.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

A Shedinja Ninjask double team could work.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

A Magical Lamp posted:

You don't remember MR. BONDING?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

alcharagia posted:

You don't remember MR. BONDING?

I don't remember him being formed from 5 old men inside the body of a younger man.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't wait until they unveil the new Pokemon, Five Old Men In The Body Of A Younger Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Dabir posted:

No you isn't

YEAH PIIIIIIIMP

ive caught one in every type of ball in plat does anyone have a feebas request got an hour before they move

• Locked thread