Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

Verviticus posted:

i just saw ohmwrecker win my team a game and im pretty sure it will never happen again

What game was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Has anyone been able to confirm if reports actually do anything? After an awful four games in which either my team, the enemy or both were slinging slurs and being awful I took a break for a week only to run into a three game streak of similar behaviour tonight. I click the report button but I am still yet to see the mythical window that assures you that the report you filed actually did anything so I assume it's just there for show at this point.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

exethan posted:

mister yi

mister yi, the unfulfilled salaryman

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just mute the enemy team at the start of every game and then mute your teammates whenever they say anything that isn't 'kogmaw no f'

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

just mute the enemy team at the start of every game

I generally wait until something goes right for the enemy team to mute them. If I'm winning it's useful to know who on the enemy team is raging and who they're blaming.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

anti-magic posted:

Has anyone been able to confirm if reports actually do anything? After an awful four games in which either my team, the enemy or both were slinging slurs and being awful I took a break for a week only to run into a three game streak of similar behaviour tonight. I click the report button but I am still yet to see the mythical window that assures you that the report you filed actually did anything so I assume it's just there for show at this point.

Yeah the automatic system still works. Though usually it has to be pretty egregious for it to kick in. I don't know what gets flagged beyond obvious stuff like racial slurs but I've gotten like 4-5 notices that someone I reported got punished in the last few months or so. If it matters, most of those were reports for unsportsmanship like conduct (first box) and usually the person in question flipped out at multiple people, multiple times.

But yeah, mute and don't respond to poo poo is the best way to get through a game.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah the automatic system still works. Though usually it has to be pretty egregious for it to kick in. I don't know what gets flagged beyond obvious stuff like racial slurs but I've gotten like 4-5 notices that someone I reported got punished in the last few months or so. If it matters, most of those were reports for unsportsmanship like conduct (first box) and usually the person in question flipped out at multiple people, multiple times.

But yeah, mute and don't respond to poo poo is the best way to get through a game.

I have often muted everyone at the start of the game but occasionally I leave it open to see if things have improved, plus post-game chat doesn't leave them muted so usually they are the first to launch a salvo at how everyone is a *slur* for not carrying their dumb rear end.

Just surprised there's no actual response from the system any more to at least give the illusion things are getting better. I almost miss the tribunal in a way.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
weird how words make you guys so upset that it hinders you from playing the game. i enjoy it

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
weird how words make you guys so upset that it hinders you from playing the game. i enjoy it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

general anime posted:

weird how words have made you unable to play the game in the past

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mikujin posted:

weird how words have made you unable to play the game in the past

:zenpop:

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
tsm is going to win worlds

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

general anime posted:

doubtful

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
bjergsen is the best mid. doublelift is the best adc in the world. not realy sure who is going to stop them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

general anime posted:

bjergsen is the best mid. doublelift is the best adc in the world. not realy sure who is going to stop them

p1

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

general anime posted:

weird how worlds make you guys so upset that it hinders you from playing the game. i enjoy it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
League of Legends S7: weird how this game makes you guys so upset

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

anti-magic posted:

No. Roughly half of my games have people yelling poo poo like "you're a sp1c that deserves to be shot" but everyone figured out that the current system won't punish you as long as you say "sp1c" or "n1gg3r" or "f4g."

It's pretty clear at this point that Lyte intentionally kept lovely people in the game so he could write dumb academic papers on them. Since he left nothing has changed, which is why games in the last year or so have been so lovely.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

general anime posted:

any group of 5 random koreans.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

general anime posted:

Weird how words weird how weird upset upset upset

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Weird how words weird how weird upset upset upset

For the cause!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone knows what's wrong with champion.gg? The message that they're aggregating the 6.15 data and that they'll be done in 2 days has been there for at least 48 hours at this point.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Aerox posted:

No. Roughly half of my games have people yelling poo poo like "you're a sp1c that deserves to be shot" but everyone figured out that the current system won't punish you as long as you say "sp1c" or "n1gg3r" or "f4g."

It's pretty clear at this point that Lyte intentionally kept lovely people in the game so he could write dumb academic papers on them. Since he left nothing has changed, which is why games in the last year or so have been so lovely.

i dont think lyte had this kind of power over their whole player behavior group or the company.

actually all the ranked dota2 and vainglory games i played this week were incredibly mannered and/or (in the case of dota 2) no one spoke english and cussed in spanish the entire game. vainglory doesn't actually have a chat window in pubs so i'm the only person ever flaming anyone by dropping missing pings on my idiot team when they feed. the only real solution to people flaming each other is to just take away chat and give people other ways to communicate. adding the ability to ping abilities and other timers in chat like dota has will go a long way to just stopped people from feeling like they need to chat at all. that and almost everyone in dota is chat banned lol.

i do agree that all of riot's numbers about toxicity going down or whatever are mostly smoke and mirrors (specifically because i think the way they measure this is almost certainly flawed), though the new ranked queue did legitimately make league a lot more chill and playing a bunch of ranked games after work was usually pretty enjoyable for me. recently i've been teaching a girl i work with how to play league and ive just been telling her to mute her entire team in the bot games she plays because i really don't know what will happen and i don't want any blood on my hands.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Are we seriously back to the loving conspiracy theories about toxicity? Can't we go back when you guys complained about how people feel "fake nice" because everybody is so afraid of being banned for saying the wrong word, due to the martial law Lyte created in LoL. At least that was funny.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Aumanor posted:

Anyone knows what's wrong with champion.gg? The message that they're aggregating the 6.15 data and that they'll be done in 2 days has been there for at least 48 hours at this point.

The site is getting less and less reliable it's been as bad as you described since at least 6.11. I'm not sure why because I thought their algorithm was automated but I'm guessing whoever admins it isn't flipping the switch or whatever I don't know.

My second favorite site to look at is the opgg champion statistics you can check that out. My main problem with that site though is they have never compiled enough data on Urgot in one patch to put him on. So sad.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Which lol statistics site was it that operated normally, but if you visited it with internet explorer it started pooping out trojans

I think that site was used for at least a year

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Libertine posted:

The site is getting less and less reliable it's been as bad as you described since at least 6.11. I'm not sure why because I thought their algorithm was automated but I'm guessing whoever admins it isn't flipping the switch or whatever I don't know.

the website source can be found here but whatever he uses to aggregate the data isn't available. If I had to guess he should have automated updating the live db from wherever the data aggregation is happening when they have enough data. It sounds like it doesn't update until data aggregation is finished so they're probably having issues on that side of things. i checked to see if the developer had commented on reddit recently and he hadn't for 10~ months so probably just doesn't have time to fix whatever is broken.

e: actually he updated the source a few hours ago so i dunno probably some kind of issue with riot's api or something?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Having checked op.gg, OUCH. Malza got hit really hard by that nerf. Couldn't they at least have reversed his nerfs from .14 if they where gutting his passive?

Also: Ryze's still poo poo.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 31, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Aumanor posted:

Having checked op.gg, OUCH. Malza got hit really hard by that nerf. Couldn't they at least have reversed his nerfs from .14 if they where gutting his passive?

those nerfs were deserved, the champion had almost no risk for multiple patches. his passive is one of the laziest and shittiest ideas I have ever seen given to a champion to artificially make them overpowered for a few patches at a time. whatever idiot approved of it should be fired

edit: his midlane winrate is still 50%, the champion is fine. he should never have been a viable toplane champion and I'm glad the nerfs removed him from top

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

How Rude posted:

edit: his midlane winrate is still 50%, the champion is fine. he should never have been a viable toplane champion and I'm glad the nerfs removed him from top

Right, I was checking the EUNE data where he's doing significantly worse.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 31, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aerox posted:

if you check my posts you'll see I pretty much never say anything positive about Lyte, but this is one thing that really isn't his fault. When he was around no one did this. After he put in the word filter to auto ban people for racial slurs, some of them eventually started doing this to skirt the filter. That's really nothing new to the internet. If you really have a problem with it, just write to support and tell riot to expand the word filter to include those words.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Safety Scissors posted:

if you check my posts you'll see I pretty much never say anything positive about Lyte, but this is one thing that really isn't his fault. When he was around no one did this. After he put in the word filter to auto ban people for racial slurs, some of them eventually started doing this to skirt the filter. That's really nothing new to the internet. If you really have a problem with it, just write to support and tell riot to expand the word filter to include those words.

I think he's saying that it speaks to how useless the report system has become, when its so blunt and easily circumvented, and when most people never get any visual confirmation that the person reported was even punished.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Aerox posted:

lmfao

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

I think he's saying that it speaks to how useless the report system has become, when its so blunt and easily circumvented, and when most people never get any visual confirmation that the person reported was even punished.

The report system has always punished a very small percent of the players. I'm not sure what the exact amount was/is, but I doubt it's higher than 3. If you're saying Lyte was no where nearly aggressive enough in punishing players, then yeah, I agree completely The thing is, I'm not certain he actually had control over what portion of the players got certain punishments. My biggest beef with Lyte is that I'm not sure what he did besides putting in the word filter in the two or three years he was in his position.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

“Dr. Lyte, this is the first time someone told me that you should not say the ‘N’ word online. I am sorry and I will never say it again.” I remember forwarding this letter to the entire team, because this was the moment we realized that we had started a journey that would end beyond games.”

never not funny

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Did he really have people call him dr. lyte

Was he persistently trolled by someone named dr. whylee

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Really, all they needed to do to balance Malzahar was that nerf for this patch to his incredibly strong passive that really should have been given a lot more consideration in the redesign process. Everything else plus this firmly dumpsters him, which is a drat shame.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

"reports are nowhere near punishing enough"

Meanwhile in an alternate dimension people are bitching how they literally cannot say anything on chat and are forced to use pings, even those sparingly, because everything can be considered offensive to someone and a single report can permaban you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I played my first ranked game in a few months/first game in a while to stop ranked decay.

The entire time, the enemy Rek'sai complained about the enemy Kha'zix, read off poo poo from his op.gg page and told various people to kill themselves. The Kha'zix talked about his boosting services/streaming and complained that his friend 'Zerk' had lost his last 10 games so his op.gg wasn't accurate. The kayle on my team would occasionally chime in to insult one or the other. Eventually we lost a 3v4 where the Rek'sai and Kha'zix sat still typing, with the Kayle spamming emotes just outside of the base.

Anecdotally, toxicity is up!

Also, at this point I've decayed to Plat 5 0lp anyway. I remembered something about not being able to decay out of plat -- is this true? Cause gently caress that.

• Locked thread