Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

For some reason I have the strange belief that the Batman in SS isn't Affleck. I'm sure
It's Bruce and all and that is the same character, but I don't think I've ever seen tea confirmation that Ben is in it. Am I wrong?

Affleck confirmed he was in SS a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Apparently Ezra Miller makes a cameo in Suicide Squad too.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
New Rocketeer movie giving New Iron Man a run for it's money.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/28/rocketeer-reboot-disney

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The next 2 Avengers movies will probably have around 6 hours between them, I hope they use that time to have more stuff like the Avengers party from AoU, it can't be just fight and chase scene. Like show us what Cap's team is doing while laying low.

It's like I hope that the next X-men movie has more school stuff, and not shove the end of the world front and center from the start. Maybe have the villain be something less godlike and smaller? I don't think you can get away with not having professer X, but you sure as hell can not have Magneto or Mystique in the movie. But who am I kidding? X-men movies have to be the most world shattering important godlike crisises.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel has changed their mind and now Infinity War is just one movie to release on the first date with the second being changed to "Untitled Avengers."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it was announced a little while ago they were planning on changing the names.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah the Russos said back in May during the press for Civil War they weren't doing a Part 1 and 2 type film. Both films are being shot back to back but will stand on their own. As much as any Marvel film does that is.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's great news. I hate the way they've been hobbiting everything lately.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

X-men movies have to be the most world shattering important godlike crisises.

just like the comics! :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ferrule posted:

New Rocketeer movie giving New Iron Man a run for it's money.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/28/rocketeer-reboot-disney

I note that it is set six years after the first one - I'm disappointed it won't be a 25 year gap in-universe as in real time, because that way they could have Billy Campbell back as Cliff Secord to pass the torch to the new Rocketeer, and then they could have all this late-50s and early-60s pulp science-fiction stuff, rather than being WWII.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rocketeer is Disney. Captain America is Marvel, now owned by Disney. Indiana Jones is Lucasfilm, now owned by Disney. Cap 1 referenced Indiana Jones, and Rocketeer was a WW2 movie.

Give me my WW2 pulp team movie, Disney.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

Rocketeer is Disney. Captain America is Marvel, now owned by Disney. Indiana Jones is Lucasfilm, now owned by Disney. Cap 1 referenced Indiana Jones, and Rocketeer was a WW2 movie.

I want this so badly now.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
In 5 years there is going to be a live-action Disney Infinity movie starring RDJ as Iron Man, Harrison Ford's corpse as Indiana Jones, A CGI de-aged Mark Hamil as Luke Skywalker, and a gritty rebooted version of Mickey Mouse.

It will make 3 billion dollars.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'd see this once for every life taken in the holocaust.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In 5 years there is going to be a live-action Disney Infinity movie starring RDJ as Iron Man, Harrison Ford's corpse as Indiana Jones, A CGI de-aged Mark Hamil as Luke Skywalker, and a gritty rebooted version of Mickey Mouse.

It will make 3 billion dollars.

Kingdom Hearts Cinematic Universe confirmed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You know I'm really amused that people think Jared Leto's behavior on the Suicide Squad set is "method acting" when him acting like an asshat seems to be his default state of being.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TFRazorsaw posted:

You know I'm really amused that people think Jared Leto's behavior on the Suicide Squad set is "method acting" when him acting like an asshat seems to be his default state of being.

I think the only people who think that are Jared Leto honestly

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

People really want Joker to be special, even the actor playing him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Travis343 posted:

I think the only people who think that are Jared Leto honestly

Other forums seem to think that's the case. You'd be surprised.

And the marketing is doing its best to convince people, too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think the marketing has talked about his "method acting"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dude, there's been multiple articles with the cast talking about it. Will Smith said "he didn't meet the real Jared" the whole time.

He mailed Viola Davis bullets and she made a statement about how much she wanted to kick his rear end.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dude, there's been multiple articles with the cast talking about it. Will Smith said "he didn't meet the real Jared" the whole time.

He mailed Viola Davis bullets and she made a statement about how much she wanted to kick his rear end.

That's publicity, not marketing

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Point taken.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

How Harley Quinn Takes On Our Hyper-Sensitive World: http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-harley-quinn-costume-controversy/

I can't wait for Harley Quinn to end the menace of Political Correctness

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Every new piece of SS promotion/marketing makes me even less interested in seeing it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Leto shenanigans might really be sort of reverse method acting. Make all his costar a really loving hate him and then their scenes with the joker will work. You'll really believe they hate him!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Every new piece of SS promotion/marketing makes me even less interested in seeing it.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"Hyper-sensitive", Jesus Christ get hosed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

quote:

While fans will firmly state that Harley was always a fan-favorite, the comic writers themselves had uniformly admitted that it was Harley’s appearance in a revealing, bust-boosting corset in the Batman: Arkham Asylum video game that caused the surge in her popularity.

Is that actually true or is that just some nonsense for the article? I can't possibly believe that Harley existed for almost 20 years and then the Arkham games suddenly caused a surge in popularity. Especially when all the Hot Topic stuff I see is always of her BTAS symbol. The checker pattern. Not her as a slutty nurse.

quote:

She’s so many things, and such a powerful woman who’s living life on her own terms...

Okay, this I know is actual bullshit. There are many words I'd use to describe Harley Quinn. Powerful seems like a load.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Considering how terrible Harley is in Arkham, I loving hope that's not why she's suddenly popular.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SonicRulez posted:

Is that actually true or is that just some nonsense for the article? I can't possibly believe that Harley existed for almost 20 years and then the Arkham games suddenly caused a surge in popularity. Especially when all the Hot Topic stuff I see is always of her BTAS symbol. The checker pattern. Not her as a slutty nurse.

Okay, this I know is actual bullshit. There are many words I'd use to describe Harley Quinn. Powerful seems like a load.

They did. Besides the Nolan movies, the Arkham games were the biggest Batman media in the 21st century, and Harley was front and center. They might use the BTAS Harley symbol, but a lot of her merchandise was slutty nurse Harley since the games came out.

Post-Joker Harley can be considered a powerful character. She got rid of her no good man, and lives life on her own terms, with or without her partner in crime Poison Ivy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The checker pattern is on her Arkham City and Arkham Knight outfits too.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Die Laughing posted:

They did. Besides the Nolan movies, the Arkham games were the biggest Batman media in the 21st century, and Harley was front and center.

Yeah, but is it that the Arkham games were really popular that re-invigorated and boosted Harley's popularity, or was it that she was in a more provocative costume that did it? The article seems to suggest the latter, which I'm also pretty skeptical of.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Die Laughing posted:

Post-Joker Harley can be considered a powerful character. She got rid of her no good man, and lives life on her own terms, with or without her partner in crime Poison Ivy.

Arkham Harley really can't be though considering she's specifically portrayed as stupid and inept and desperately clinging to the Joker even after his death (and prior to that she's defined entirely by her relationship to him and is so much of a joke Batman takes he out in a cutscene in the first game.)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

Arkham Harley really can't be though considering she's specifically portrayed as stupid and inept and desperately clinging to the Joker even after his death (and prior to that she's defined entirely by her relationship to him and is so much of a joke Batman takes he out in a cutscene in the first game.)

Near as I can tell (not a big comics nerd), Harley's popularity has come from her turning into DC's Deadpool knockoff and a woman.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Die Laughing posted:

Is that in her New 52 series? Because to my knowledge she still dresses like Joker, does wacky stuff like the worst Joker stories, and she was there to do his bidding in Death of the Family. And in Injustice, but Joker is dead in that one, so I don't think that should count. She can't be cripplingly co-dependent cause he's dead.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah. She never moves on in the Arkham games.

Besides Death of the Family, New 52 Harley is done with Joker's poo poo. There was an issue in the last year or so where she totally just beats the poo poo out of him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FilthyImp posted:

Kingdom Hearts Cinematic Universe confirmed.

I sort of want this to happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
People probably like the idea of the character of Harle more than the actual character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that's probably actually worse?

• Locked thread