Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

bamhand posted:

Burrito bowl with no sour cream or rice is pretty drat healthy though.

Yeah, you're definitely right, but I can't help but think of the lovely microwave burritos you get from 7 11 whenever burritos are mentioned in this thread. Lo siento, México. :mexico:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

SpeedyCow posted:

Nope not even that. Talked about how they almost stopped after 5 minutes and only through the power of song could they get through. I don't think I can walk 2.1mph without pulling a hip flexor.

I was gonna say, isn't the average walking speed something like a mile in 15 minutes? I'm assuming this person has some kind of medical condition.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Had a PR yesterday.

I climbed 2232 steps (thats the Sears Willis Tower) in 26:14. :grin:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Was there free salami at the top or something lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its the only cardio i like

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
i do i not make my ohp bitch made

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

notZaar posted:

Salami and burritos are great if you want to get swollen, not so much if you're looking for a lean muscular look.
You take that back, salami is life.
But yeah, for real salami and burritos are for bulking, not for cutting. If you wanna talk cutting there are different meal methods, I prefer the steelcut Oats -> Brown rice and chicken diet. (With other stuff, of course.)

Ruzihm posted:

Yeah, you're definitely right, but I can't help but think of the lovely microwave burritos you get from 7 11 whenever burritos are mentioned in this thread. Lo siento, México. :mexico:

Sacrelidge. I'm talking about burritos from hole-in-the-wall joints in Los Angeles. Great stuff. Extra points if you find some bone in with your carne asada.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
turns out going to the gym at 10am after attending a beer festival the night before does not make a good workout

especially when you've taken about 3 weeks off gym because vacation time

time to get serious again and KOSAD (kilo of salami a day)

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
just snagged 10 lbs of whey from myprotein for under 40 bucks shipped

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

Garrand posted:

I was gonna say, isn't the average walking speed something like a mile in 15 minutes? I'm assuming this person has some kind of medical condition.

Well the good thing is they shouldn't have a problem improving on their time :3:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The best Mexican food is in the Midwest because that's where the crop picking jobs are.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Leg day today. Pray4me

E- and since you guys were talking about rowing times, I decided to do that instead of treadmill for a day. My back feels amazing and sore.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 28, 2016

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

buddhanc posted:

Leg day today. Pray4me

E- and since you guys were talking about rowing times, I decided to do that instead of treadmill for a day. My back feels amazing and sore.

Did 5x200m HIIT with a 1:28.6 split yesterday. Basically felt like I was doing 5x20 squats as quickly as possible. Rowing is the worst.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Oh Lord, please do not let buddhanc's legs fail him whilst squatting, in such a way that it slips past the safety measures and crushes him into the floor - blood and intestines oozing everywhere. His girlish squealing would cause much pain and discomfort to the rest of the gym goers, until one of them compassionately drops a 45 onto his neck to end the suffering. Amen.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Amen.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Praise be amen

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hail satan

may your butt grow large and firm

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Praise swole Jesus. Amen.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Squats, leg press, deadlifts, hyperextension, and prowler. Kill me now.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Had to take the last two weeks off due to a kidney stone. At first I tried to use the pain to fuel my rage but only keeping down 600 calories a day and vicodan trice daily said nope. Lost 8 lbs, which is good since I was cutting, but it was probably mostly muscle. Abs are back and bisep tendinitis feels better, so it's a wash, I guess.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Cobra Commander posted:

Squats, leg press, deadlifts, hyperextension, and prowler. Kill me now.

*locks ur knees* :angel:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Had to take the last two weeks off due to a kidney stone. At first I tried to use the pain to fuel my rage but only keeping down 600 calories a day and vicodan trice daily said nope. Lost 8 lbs, which is good since I was cutting, but it was probably mostly muscle. Abs are back and bisep tendinitis feels better, so it's a wash, I guess.

I just got back from a 6.5 weeks of vacation with no access to weights, now I chopped my fingertip off. I'm down 8 pounds from before I went too, a good bit of it fat, but >50% muscle.

Pray for our muscles.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I would kill myself and everyone around me if i was forced to eat only 600 calories a day

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

now I chopped my fingertip off. I'm down 8 pounds

This is a pretty harsh way to lose weight but drat if I had really heavy fingers I guess I'd do that too

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

SpeedyCow posted:

Someone just posted a pic of their 29 minute mile on a treadmill like they were proud of it. They aren't even obese or have a disease or something.

I don't mind people regularly updating gym status or posting workouts on social media, but when they only do 2 workouts or 2 healthy meals a month and brag about, that bugs me

"EATING THIS SALAD #CLEANSE #HEALTH #PALEO"

"Just did "2.2 miles" on the Elliptical #beat #PlanetFitness #legday"

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Like seven years ago a powerlifting roided out friend of mine gave me a vial of something he said I should take after I ran a cycle of prohormones. I didn't but I squirreled it away for future use. Anyways I found it about two months ago and looked up what it was. Its tamoxifen, aka nolvadex, a strong estrogen blocker usually given to people with breast cancer.

For the last year I had basically quit lifting and just rode my bike and ran and as such I got really skinny. Two months ago I decided to go back to being strong and swole so to make that happen faster I'm taking the tamoxifen every day for the next two months and eating everything I can all day. All my big compound lifts are going up really quickly and I've put on about 6 pounds. I'm also talking less and I'm way more impatient and horny all the time so that's cool. But yeah as I was walking around today I realized my triceps were rubbing up against my lats when my arms were at my side so hell yeah.

Summary: I'm taking old breast cancer medication and eating everything all day and it's helping me gain weight and strength really quickly. Would recommend for those who don't want to do roids but do want to raise their test levels.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've been eating salami 5x a day and now I have the gout ama

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I've been eating salami 5x a day and now I have the gout ama

congrats on your gainz

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

*locks ur knees* :angel:

Why is knee locking on leg press bad but fine for squats? Isn't it the exact same thing?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
theres that video of some chick lockin her knees and her legs bending the wrong way, since then ive seen a lot more people hatin on leg press

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

bamhand posted:

Why is knee locking on leg press bad but fine for squats? Isn't it the exact same thing?

knee locking is never good. if you're talking about the same over extending fat people tend to do when they're standing

that's one of the main reasons their knees are hosed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
http://i.imgur.com/ugv7sZm.mp4

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Up at 530 to blast my shoulders and back and chest and bis and tris today. Feelin' good and I've got serious morning wood. (Talking bout my hard calves)
Just have to make a sacrifice to the salami god and take a dump and I'm good to go

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Metanaut posted:

that's one of the main reasons their knees are hosed

Whether you choose the path of the couch potato or the path of the swole, everybody's knees are getting hosed.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Knees are just hosed embrace the knee pain.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
knees are bad design

whoever was in charge of knees, hosed up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Zzulu posted:

knees are bad design

whoever was in charge of knees, hosed up

They were just fine until some rear end in a top hat prehistoric monkey decided to walk on two legs all the time.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

The design flaw is easily circumvented by diverting some of the weight of the upper body onto the knuckles.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Like seven years ago a powerlifting roided out friend of mine gave me a vial of something he said I should take after I ran a cycle of prohormones. I didn't but I squirreled it away for future use. Anyways I found it about two months ago and looked up what it was. Its tamoxifen, aka nolvadex, a strong estrogen blocker usually given to people with breast cancer.

For the last year I had basically quit lifting and just rode my bike and ran and as such I got really skinny. Two months ago I decided to go back to being strong and swole so to make that happen faster I'm taking the tamoxifen every day for the next two months and eating everything I can all day. All my big compound lifts are going up really quickly and I've put on about 6 pounds. I'm also talking less and I'm way more impatient and horny all the time so that's cool. But yeah as I was walking around today I realized my triceps were rubbing up against my lats when my arms were at my side so hell yeah.

Summary: I'm taking old breast cancer medication and eating everything all day and it's helping me gain weight and strength really quickly. Would recommend for those who don't want to do roids but do want to raise their test levels.

clomid can cause vaginal bleeding, just stick to your test and roids guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Tamoxifen is not clomid

• Locked thread