Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If you wanna see a crazy game of league watch MVP vs SSG game 3 god drat. I am so happy MVP got into LCK and looks set to stay (hopefully ever can manage relegation and not get replaced by sbenu)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

archduke.iago posted:

I'm looking at Newbee's roster and they have all of old QG + my boy dade but it looks like they suck rear end right now, what's going on with them?

QG was actually built around the doinb/swift synergy. dade is actually too smart to follow most of swifts bad behavior which turns out worse in terms of team fighting

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
So I just watched the vods and have to say, holy poo poo fabbby is not good at this league of legends thing. Spent an incredible amount of time just running around in circles, I think he was out damaged by Apollo by some 22k over 3 games.

Is apparently the autistic master of Ashe arrows though, and Liquid maintained the stranglehold on 4th as is there destiny.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TowerofOil posted:

So I just watched the vods and have to say, holy poo poo fabbby is not good at this league of legends thing. Spent an incredible amount of time just running around in circles, I think he was out damaged by Apollo by some 22k over 3 games.

Is apparently the autistic master of Ashe arrows though, and Liquid maintained the stranglehold on 4th as is there destiny.

5th actually. At this point they cannot pass CLG in the standings.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

kirtar posted:

5th actually. At this point they cannot pass CLG in the standings.

So the curse is broken then? Are they released from their torment now?

TowerofOil fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 31, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i went up into the mountains and waited and trained until LGD was good again

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Smol posted:

And IMT with a lovely glass cannon comp again. I wish this team had a real coach.

he won coach of the split man he must be good

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/TSMReginald/status/759638138989846528

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Mikyx with the Sion support

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

Not to mention the Akali

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

And Wunder with the top lane Akali

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lol that loving game

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

riot needs to hire new stylists because theirs have some obsession with vests and it's loving atrocious.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
When can we see the anti lane swap patch in competitive play?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Smol posted:

When can we see the anti lane swap patch in competitive play?

Playoffs, I think.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TowerofOil posted:

So the curse is broken then? Are they released from their torment now?

There's still a chance at playoffs

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

fnatic aint great, it seems

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
In the highlights for CLG/NRG's final game alone Phreak says tackle about 12 times referring to basically every hard CC delivered in the game. Kind of funny.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I wonder if Bjergsen will actually get stuck with Teemo since Reginald got the 20k retweets.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if the lck taught me anything its that the top laner gets stuck on teemo duty always

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
They bring in unannounced substitute The Rain Man and the crowd goes wild. Riot fines CLG.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ironsoviet posted:

They bring in unannounced substitute The Rain Man and the crowd goes wild. Riot fines CLG.

Sub in Regi to play Teemo mid :v:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rekkles is trying his best to die but the rest of the team just won't let him.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Fnatic kinda suck

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wonder how fnatic are going to sneak into the finals this time

e: nm they have to play h2k on the no laneswap patch, forgiven is gonna decimate them

Radical fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 31, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
It's a playoff match. Forgiven is going to tilt off the face of the earth.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Radical posted:

i wonder how fnatic are going to sneak into the finals this time

e: nm they have to play h2k on the no laneswap patch, forgiven is gonna decimate them

the no laneswap patch happening right as playoffs kick off is kind of stupid. I actually feel like the winner of the 3-6 matches are going to have advantages against the top 2 teams because they'll have had a competitive series on the patch and its obviously going to change a lot.

Also Liquid should bring Piglet back. Him and Matt are an oppressive 2v2.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

piglet is locked to their CS team now because of rule things so RIP.

and yeah, the laneswap thing needed to happen earlier but they expected people to care more about the dragons and they kinda threw up their hands and emergency forced everyone down there so worlds would be more exciting. better to be before playoffs than before worlds imo, so at least teams qualifying are doing it on the patch rather than crashing and burning at worlds because they can't win without swapping.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Savage Cracker posted:

It's a playoff match. Forgiven is going to tilt off the face of the earth.

Especially when FNC 5 man dive him bot lane every game, hes gonna have soloqueue flash backs and destroy his PC like vasili

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Especially when FNC 5 man dive him bot lane every game, hes gonna have soloqueue flash backs and destroy his PC like vasili

i dont know if yellowstar and spirit are legally allowed to go to the same place

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

fnatic could reform their CS team and send 10 people bottom and i think forgiven would still win that lane tbh

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Does that include getting stabbed in the back by Vander ?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Radical posted:

piglet is locked to their CS team now because of rule things so RIP.

and yeah, the laneswap thing needed to happen earlier but they expected people to care more about the dragons and they kinda threw up their hands and emergency forced everyone down there so worlds would be more exciting. better to be before playoffs than before worlds imo, so at least teams qualifying are doing it on the patch rather than crashing and burning at worlds because they can't win without swapping.

liquid is stuck with fabbbyy in a non laneswap meta rip just rip

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also vander doing a heel turn and hitting forgiven with a chair in the middle of game 5 against fnatic is probably the official best scenario.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

somebody (not fnatic, as they would literally never do this) needs to form a team around Spirit in the same way that QG was created around Swift/doinb

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

somebody (not fnatic, as they would literally never do this) needs to form a team around Spirit in the same way that QG was created around Swift/doinb

this someone would probably have to give him a steady stream of league of legends babes too, so that would be something.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

best part of this split was when they replaced gamsu with kikis and sometimes also werlyb, perhaps hoping to tilt spirit as much as possible

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Radical posted:

best part of this split was when they replaced gamsu with kikis and sometimes also werlyb, perhaps hoping to tilt spirit as much as possible

i mean i've got to assume they're going to ditch spirit after this season because taking gamsu out obviously pissed him off seriously.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Schnorkles posted:

this someone would probably have to give him a steady stream of league of legends babes too, so that would be something.

so you're predicting Spirit to OG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

i mean i've got to assume they're going to ditch spirit after this season because taking gamsu out obviously pissed him off seriously.

yeah its just weird that they did it in the middle of the split instead of at the end though lol. good old coach of the year deilor.

rabidsquid posted:

so you're predicting Spirit to OG

if OG assembled a team of all the people that got kicked off teams this year (gamsu/spirit/hybrid/etc.) and owned next year that'd be cool IMO. too bad they're gonna get relegated.

• Locked thread