Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Me in a lab mixing the contents of two test tubes and hmming intently to myself as I work late into the night trying to develop a medicinal cartoon treatment for autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Steven Universe is good because it does things that other shows don't do, like have a cast of women with different body types and approach relationships without glossing over issues of consent and abuse. But that's just my opinion!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its a cartoon, for children

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

yea sure whatever the one abstract cartoon is definitely kind of fat you are on the money there

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

nobody is getting raped in the steben universe, unlike every other cartoon it seems

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
the important issues of consent and abuse are definitely fodder for grade school children and not Sadbrains McGenderbloggers

gas this loving thread

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
where did we fail as a society

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Philip Rivers posted:

Steven Universe is good because it does things that other shows don't do, like have a cast of women with different body types and approach relationships without glossing over issues of consent and abuse. But that's just my opinion!

Oh Jesus.....

Shaquin posted:

nobody is getting raped in the steben universe, unlike every other cartoon it seems

See this is the poo poo I am talking about people.

You are projecting a sexual concept onto a thing in a childrens cartoon namely that the magic space rock people who can fuse into eachother to make bigger magic space rock people.

If you go with fusion=sex than steven universe is horrid little show because it means.

When steven wanted pearl and amethyst to fuse into opel, and they couldnt "synchronize" he was basically badgering two people who had private personal issues with eachother to have sex for his own amusement.

When ruby and sapphire fuse for the first time its was basically a solider raping a royal, with the classic accuse of "I just fell on her by accident and it just happened honest"

When steven danced with connie and they fused she didnt give consent so steven is a rapist.

When pearl kept rebuilding the board cast tower as an excuse to fuse with garnet over and over yeah pearl was rapping garnet.

Then Jasper forcing Lapis to fuse yeah more rape.

Oh so the ruby gems are basically stupid soldiers who fuse with their own kind to make a gaint version of themselves so thats like raping yourself.

Okay or maybe we do this. Its a children show we stop projecting sexuality onto things in a childrens show as jasper said "Fusion is just a cheap tacit to make weak gems strong"

This is like in Adventure time when people went on about how the little robot was trans gendered.

Or how the demon vampire queen was a lesbian and had a relationship with the bubble gum princess lady who makes sentient candy people.

Also the bubble gum princess lady is transphobic because she told a talking cookie it couldnt grow up to be a princess.

Whats funny with all this poo poo is that rockos modern life had great adult jokes and you dont see nearly this kinda poo poo with its fan. Hell now that I think about it invader zim had great dark humor, an annoying fan base but again not like with these shows.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It stops being funny when you realise you're mocking the actually retarded.

:gas:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

max4me posted:

Oh Jesus.....

You are projecting a sexual concept onto a thing in a childrens cartoon namely that the magic space rock people who can fuse into eachother to make bigger magic space rock people.

If you go with fusion=sex than steven universe is horrid little show because it means.

When steven wanted pearl and amethyst to fuse into opel, and they couldnt "synchronize" he was basically badgering two people who had private personal issues with eachother to have sex for his own amusement.

When ruby and sapphire fuse for the first time its was basically a solider raping a royal, with the classic accuse of "I just fell on her by accident and it just happened honest"

When steven danced with connie and they fused she didnt give consent so steven is a rapist.

When pearl kept rebuilding the board cast tower as an excuse to fuse with garnet over and over yeah pearl was rapping garnet.

Oh so the ruby gems are basically stupid soldiers who fuse with their own kind to make a gaint version of themselves so thats like raping yourself.

Okay or maybe we do this. Its a children show we stop projecting sexuality onto things in a childrens show as jasper said "Fusion is just a cheap tacit to make weak gems strong"

This is like in Adventure time when people went on about how the little robot was trans gendered.

Or how the demon vampire queen was a lesbian and had a relationship with the bubble gum princess lady who makes sentient candy people.

Also the bubble gum princess lady is transphobic because she told a talking cookie it couldnt grow up to be a princess.

Whats funny with all this poo poo is that rockos modern life had great adult jokes and you dont see nearly this kinda poo poo with its fan. Hell now that I think about it invader zim had great dark humor, an annoying fan base but again not like with these shows.
please stop

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

XMNN posted:

please stop

wont work steven universe gonna rape you anyways

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

End Of Worlds posted:

i regret bring family to america

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

max4me posted:

Oh Jesus.....

whooooooooooah that's bad

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

My favorite show is the one where an obese woman repeats "no means no" into the camera for 23 minutes once a week, a triumph of modern television

Oh also it is a children's show meant for people one-fifth my age, I forgot that detail

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Philip Rivers posted:

:laffo:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Philip Rivers posted:

approach relationships without glossing over issues of consent and abuse. But that's just my opinion!

:wtc: how much rape is going on on this show?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

interesting most people learn human decency from being normal humans and raised as such yet you are suggesting perhaps jacking their dingus to cartoon horses may instill the core virtues of being a civilized regular man

If no one raised them with these basic lessons then no, they didn't learn them, and any way you can instill them later is better than the alternative. Sure, some people just want to write about the ponies being raped, but these are not people who were going to be helped anyway, and the pony show wasn't what made them masturbate to rape. At least I assume the show hasn't gone that direction.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

max4me posted:

Oh Jesus.....

Is this post... real?

I feel like I'm having a stroke.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

max4me posted:

Oh Jesus.....

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

max4me posted:

I fully loving guarantee you that if Rocko was airing today, people would be shipping characters and giving them headcanons and otherkin and all that other poo poo that happens with every cartoon airing today.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dreddout posted:

Is this post... real?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It stops being funny when you realise you're mocking the actually retarded.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I like cartoons. They must never be spoken about.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

You know those people you hand a pocket knife to when they ask for help opening a box and then spend 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open/close it?

Those are the dudes who watch poo poo like this

what about people that are like 'nah i got one' and pull out a comically small swiss army knife

because that is me :(

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

max4me posted:

Hell now that I think about it invader zim had great dark humor, an annoying fan base but again not like with these shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ7buw_4zE

idk man when i think 'invader zim fan' i think people like this

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Dreddout posted:

Is this post... real?

its bad

real bad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

what about people that are like 'nah i got one' and pull out a comically small swiss army knife

because that is me :(
the size of the knife doesn't matter... it's how big your dick is

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

that horrible post has made me realise that gbs is like a horse that broke its leg

not doing it any favours letting it live

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Naerasa posted:

I fully loving guarantee you that if Rocko was airing today, people would be shipping characters and giving them headcanons and otherkin and all that other poo poo that happens with every cartoon airing today.

I'm kinda afraid all kids cartoons from now on no matter how banal they are will be subject to DeviantArt pedos and Tumblr politicians.

lfield
May 10, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

im not a SU fan myself but i appreciate those things & your opinion is good

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

the great deceiver posted:

where did we fail as a society

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
gis steven universe fan art for some mind blowing poo poo :gerty:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

this is cool imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

this is cool imo

it sort of misses the real fun, which is that all of these women are violent and inhuman and that, given twenty years, this show is going to be thought of as problematic as hell

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

in twenty years it's going to be thought of about as much as rocko's modern life, which is as it should be

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

it sort of misses the real fun, which is that all of these women are violent and inhuman and that, given twenty years, this show is going to be thought of as problematic as hell
honestly this show doesnt sound fun at all and the episodes I've tried to watch were lovely and boring but I like art nouveau

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

honestly this show doesnt sound fun at all and the episodes I've tried to watch were lovely and boring but I like art nouveau

it's a very slow burn, admittedly I didn't really like it for a while, but it was 11 minutes an episode so I'd watch it whenever I had small amounts of time to burn, then it turns out it hits a really neat groove

I never watched Sailor Moon though, or most of the girl animes, so I didn't get the nostalgia kick at the beginning. In fact, my least favorite thing the show does is do really direct anime homages, because unless it's Berserk or Vampire Hunter D I probably don't know what the gently caress they're talking about.

lfield
May 10, 2008
the only good tv shows are slice of life animes where nothing ever happens

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

lfield posted:

the only good tv shows are slice of life animes where nothing ever happens

One Punch Man is pretty down to earth like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Philip Rivers posted:

I think the ACTUAL CHILDREN watching this show have nothing to worry about seeing women with different body types, considering that fat and obese people are becoming the majority of society. If they're pushing the HAES bullshit, then that's entirely different.

• Locked thread