Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that final panel. I must admit like an idiot I didn't connect the dots for the first half of the comic that the final story was always about the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerusalem posted:

I love that final panel. I must admit like an idiot I didn't connect the dots for the first half of the comic that the final story was always about the same person.

I got it on the second police blotter panel, because they mentioned the ponytail.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Oh Kazenzakis.

EDIT: "Catch up with this week's papers like a grandpa in his tastiest moment" is some primo Onstad, goddamn.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
drat, McKenna Barnes does not gently caress around.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Showbiz lookin' rough, man :(

prefect posted:

I got it on the second police blotter panel, because they mentioned the ponytail.

Pushups for me. HNNYAH!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
'"go all baby elephant style" on an ear of corn' is why i visit achewood.com.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:love: Showbiz

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I cracked up hard at the final line.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Android Blues posted:

I cracked up hard at the final line.

It was magnificent

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
WATTBA

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
When I glimpsed the picture of him in the paper I worried (worried?? That's not the right word.) that it was his obituary.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope it's something slightly different than usual for Showbiz. I get that he's a man of bad habits, but I think we've seen him come in, mooch, be a huge dick and leave enough times to get the pattern.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think part of the horror of Showbiz is his inevitability. He's like winter, or the rain, but for your emotional portfolio.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Android Blues posted:

I think part of the horror of Showbiz is his inevitability. He's like winter, or the rain, but for your emotional portfolio.

Or like when the bulb in your bad emotions lamp burns out and you get too sad to order another one from Amazon.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

showbiz reminds me of my irl brother :(

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Happy Hippo posted:

My condolences.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Happy Hippo posted:

Do you sometimes wish you had more brothers?

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
Showbiz is the guy who sucks.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It's something of a pattern for Showbiz.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You sent me on a trip through that story-arc, thank you :)

"You god damned entree-wanting organism" loving kills me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"you candy-rear end word-style hero" is such a good line it was entirely worthy to re-read the wedding arc. Well, that and the procession line of aibos.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Did "X is a thing" originate with Achewood? It's the most annoying loving phrase now that it seems to be used everywhere.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My dad used to get real mad when me and my siblings would say "whatever" as a noncommittal statement. "No, NOT WHATEVER," he would bellow, and follow it with exhortations to be more specific.

He didn't want to accept that whatever was a thing. Kind of like fetch deniers.

(Fetch happened.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My dad used to get real mad when me and my siblings would say "whatever" as a noncommittal statement. "No, NOT WHATEVER," he would bellow, and follow it with exhortations to be more specific.

He didn't want to accept that whatever was a thing. Kind of like fetch deniers.

(Fetch happened.)

How come you kids are so GOD DAMNED stupid and just do the stupidest thing possible every SINGLE SECOND OF THE GOD DAMNED DAY

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes it was like that.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

You sent me on a trip through that story-arc, thank you :)

"You god damned entree-wanting organism" loving kills me.

I love when people link strips so I can get lost in an arc for an hour.

Teodor's behavior during the wedding arc gives me conniptions.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I had forgotten/always missed Phillipe pissing himself at the wedding.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

ColdPie posted:

Teodor's behavior during the wedding arc gives me conniptions.

Literally Téodor's only redeeming quality is that he makes sure Phillipe is taken care of.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Literally Téodor's only redeeming quality is that he makes sure Phillipe is taken care of.

Teodor tried to do the right thing; he just failed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Instead of building self-confidence, the bear causes the otter to worry about a subject that is very scary to him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I'm in need of an excellent remedy for Brazil Jaw.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

He's not a bad bear. He's just not a very good one.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I had forgotten/always missed Phillipe pissing himself at the wedding.

Something I only noticed recently was the stars coalescing to form the shape of a skull, like a proto-Cartilage Head, in the last panel of the prelude to Beef's last trip to Heaven.

It also took me a couple years to realize Teodor and Little Nephew's conversation at Ray's Toilet Party was a convluted weed deal, but I was also 13 when I first read that storyline.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 4, 2016

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Leroy Dennui posted:

Something I only noticed recently was the stars coalescing to form the shape of a skull, like a proto-Cartilage Head, in the last panel of the prelude to Beef's last trip to Heaven.

It also took me a couple years to realize Teodor and Little Nephew's conversation at Ray's Toilet Party was a convluted weed deal, but I was also 13 when I first read that storyline.

oh my god am i dense

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
I shouldn't be too hard on Téodor. I am also poo poo at every single thing except taking care of my kid and even that I wonder about.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Leroy Dennui posted:

This can't be the one about a hundred and fifty dollars in the hall closet, which other one am I forgetting?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This can't be the one about a hundred and fifty dollars in the hall closet, which other one am I forgetting?

It is exactly that conversation

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't think I pieced it together until I hit up Urban Dictionary to find out what a "lid" was.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Leroy Dennui posted:

I've been reading Achewood for something like thirteen years now and I have never noticed that :psyduck: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Did you people that didn't get it honestly think Teodor was paying one hundred and fifty dollars for oregano? Walk me thru it