Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'm having difficulty parsing what is getting the racist mad. Is it the black guy getting to close to him or something?
His female attempted to cuck him in the grocery store.

That's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If I sleep with several women that is really great. If one of them sleeps with another man that is really bad and I will certainly dump her, probably beat her, and might well kill her.

So close to understanding yet so far :sigh:

I'm a little surprised by how many of these people seem to recognize the same problematic mechanisms in society as feminism yet come to the exact opposite conclusion.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

From a few days ago now, but MGTOW celebrate suicide as way of sticking it to women.

Probably up there with that French homophobe who blew his brains out in a church to protest gay marriage in terms of 'ineffective protest.'

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

So close to understanding yet so far :sigh:

I'm a little surprised by how many of these people seem to recognize the same problematic mechanisms in society as feminism yet come to the exact opposite conclusion.

That's not a quote, he's describing their mindset.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That's not a quote, he's describing their mindset.

... how can you even tell

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

... how can you even tell

It's worded differently. More pithy and to the point, less feral punctuation.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

It's worded differently. More pithy and to the point, less feral punctuation.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"I will be very angry and sad for a very long time" sounds like an accurate description of this guy's life, at least.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

If your brain needs a long shower with coal tar soap afterwards, it's probably Jim.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

It's really bizarre when someone will state, so matter-of-factly, something so transparently and obviously evil. The world would be a far better place if every person like Jim was gone.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

It's really bizarre when someone will state, so matter-of-factly, something so transparently and obviously evil. The world would be a far better place if every person like Jim was gone.

Naw I think it's better that they exist, but are roundly mocked, to serve as an example of "this is what happens when you don't get enough hugs as a child" or whatever. Without people like Jim, society would have no clear and obvious example of what not to do.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
Is it enough hugs or too many hugs?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Space Poodle posted:

Is it enough hugs or too many hugs?

How would getting too much affection as a child lead to vicious misanthropic hate addiction?

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

How would getting too much affection as a child lead to vicious misanthropic hate addiction?

Well, when nothing is ever going to live up to the glory days of drowning forever in Mother's lavish love?

Actually, quite a lot of these dudes whine about Muh Childhood, When All the Things Were Good and Pure, and Ghostbusters Wasn't Full of Girls.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A while ago NPR had a story of this blind guy who perfected his ability to use echolocation to get around, and he was driven to do this by a powerful drive to be independent that also left him with a crushing fear of getting close to people. He described having nightmares of "hands coming out of darkness and trying to hug me"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

So I guess instead of harnessing that to do something pretty amazing and help others do it too, the internet offers an avenue for the soft white male child to focus it into impotent rage at everything

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Naw I think it's better that they exist, but are roundly mocked, to serve as an example of "this is what happens when you don't get enough hugs as a child" or whatever. Without people like Jim, society would have no clear and obvious example of what not to do.

Speaking as someone who has been assaulted, sexually and otherwise, by men like Jim, I'd much prefer the "erasing their blight from the face of the planet" option.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A while ago NPR had a story of this blind guy who perfected his ability to use echolocation to get around, and he was driven to do this by a powerful drive to be independent that also left him with a crushing fear of getting close to people. He described having nightmares of "hands coming out of darkness and trying to hug me"

those nightmares actually sound p fuckin awful

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

You know a post is truly horrible when even LoB resorts to screen-capping it.

Also,

pre:
PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker: Having a bunch of whores rather than owning a woman, or better, owning two women

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

From a few days ago now, but MGTOW celebrate suicide as way of sticking it to women.

Probably up there with that French homophobe who blew his brains out in a church to protest gay marriage in terms of 'ineffective protest.'

See how they use it as a way to hurt others in a last ditch effort of pure spite? See how little they care for the lives of other men? And they have the gall to assume that I should live by their lifestyle, and they have my back? Utterly ridiculous.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Annointed posted:

See how they use it as a way to hurt others in a last ditch effort of pure spite? See how little they care for the lives of other men? And they have the gall to assume that I should live by their lifestyle, and they have my back? Utterly ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure their logic isn't so much "we should kill ourselves to stick it to those bitches" but "we should make all the other men kill themselves so that women realize how valuable we are and finally slob our knobs"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure their logic isn't so much "we should kill ourselves to stick it to those bitches" but "we should make all the other men kill themselves so that women realize how valuable we are and finally slob our knobs"

Again, they don't care for other men, so I find it funny why MRA's say I should be for them. Plus in the article they even say it's not even permanent damage, just temporary hiccups in the fem world order.

It's purely of spite, it's not even effective anti feminist strategy.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I think lowtax and fart are the only two people I follow on twitter

I'm never on twitter

Let's take a moment to remember that Lowtax loving owns, and just because this is a dying comedy forum (it's been dying since I signed up, somehow it lives on) Lowtax will forever loving own.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jack of Hearts posted:

Let's take a moment to remember that Lowtax loving owns, and just because this is a dying comedy forum (it's been dying since I signed up, somehow it lives on) Lowtax will forever loving own.

Except in the ring.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Fututor Magnus posted:

Except in the ring.

Uwe Bowl's little scam got stamped out by legal reasons, and LowTax is still around.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Annointed posted:

Uwe Bowl's little scam got stamped out by legal reasons, and LowTax is still around.

And lets not forget that Uwe was a loving coward to begin with. When he set up his little "if you get mad at me on the internet I will fight you" thing the first dude to take him up on it was Seanbaby who he then refused to fight because he had trained at a MMA gym.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Still, watching Lowtax get his rear end beat because he actually loving seriously got into a ring with an ex-boxer is comedy in and of itself. See, Uwe Boll just makes lovely films, Lowtax actually generates internet comedy, and that's the real moral victory.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Lowtax getting beat up made me laugh so I suppose he won anyway.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ianmacdo posted:

crossposting from some other thread

Dark Enlightenment thinker in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZnqyE14RY

So this young dude in Ottawa with the standard nerd over-enunciation orders a chicken sandwich that they're all out of, so he tells the woman at the counter that she's a bitch, and at the beginning of the video here he's explaining that "bitch" is a proper English word to use, and then he starts flying into this Men's Rights Activist rant about how he can only punch men and he demands to be treated as well as a woman and so on

This is great. "She wanted EXTRA RIGHTS!"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's the combination of unplanned, half-remembered blogpost verbal diarrhea and the immediate doubling-down on that verbal diarrhea that make it so charming and disgusting.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It is gratifying that literally everyone else in the McDonald's is mocking him.

EDIT: "Buddy, I think anyone would be a third the size of you." :allears:

1stGear has a new favorite as of 10:02 on Jul 31, 2016

WendyO
Dec 2, 2007
http://bedfordandbowery.com/2016/07/gavin-mcinnes-and-his-proud-boys-want-to-make-white-men-great-again/

Race realism, with added 'purity of essence' anti-wankery and daddy issues.

quote:

“Our motto is that, we’re Western Chauvinists who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world,” he said matter-of-factly. “That’s really the only tenet.”

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The problem of adult men having sex with female children is primarily a problem of badly behaved female children, not badly behaved adult men.

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Elsewhere online it's implied that this guy is seriously mentally ill:

"Several people have come to me with information that made me question whether it was appropriate to post this video, and so I have removed the link." We Hunted the Mammoth

"Someone claiming to be a personal friend of the man in the video provided information that suggests he is at risk, so I've taken it down for now." Boing Boing

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ah nuts. Should have been obvious, I guess.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

some loving LIAR posted:

Elsewhere online it's implied that this guy is seriously mentally ill:

"Several people have come to me with information that made me question whether it was appropriate to post this video, and so I have removed the link." We Hunted the Mammoth

"Someone claiming to be a personal friend of the man in the video provided information that suggests he is at risk, so I've taken it down for now." Boing Boing

Now I want to know what kind of problem could excuse that kind of behavior. Impulse control problems don't explain where the MRA content came from.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The problem of adult men having sex with female children is primarily a problem of badly behaved female children, not badly behaved adult men.

It's so wonderful to see "she was asking for it" turned on people we, as a society, find incapable of asking for it in a literal sense.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmKGPRXE-xw

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

McInnes is the guy who achieved the singular distinction of actually getting kicked off ThoughtCatalog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yessssss, he captured the point in the Kristi Winters debate where he responded to a question that (in context) asked "What other analytical framework than feminism can you use to examine gender-related issues?" and his response was just "I don't know, I don't care."

Seriously of all the stupid poo poo Carlgon has said in his time as a D-list internet celebrity that has been the apex (or should I say nadir?) of his ideology.