Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Orange Sunshine posted:

Does anyone know what if anything affects the damage that the shredding minigun does? Strength/perks/anything else?

Strength, the Basher perk and with Basher 4 - Better Criticals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Basic Chunnel posted:

Are you stoned?

You hush. I enjoyed his story.

Glazius, it is an enjoyable story. That type of small adventure is why I like playing these games.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Speedball posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. I had a Defend The Castle mission with a couple of Mythic Deathclaws defending it and they ripped through those coursers like tin foil.

I don't understand this -- you had deathclaws on your side, from like, a wasteland workshop item or something?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The mod that adds arena stuff to the workshop includes a "beta wave emitter" that renders docile all captured creatures that aren't raiders / gunners / super mutants. They can't be formally used as defense but they'll attack hostiles.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I have the season pass but I am not big on settlements, actually I find it annoying to build them up.

So far only the mechanist side quest, far harbour and the upcoming nuka world thing are actual "story" things I get for my season pass, right? I was kinda expecting 4-5 new vegas style dlc, especially something silly like old world blues...

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TorakFade posted:

I have the season pass but I am not big on settlements, actually I find it annoying to build them up.
So far only the mechanist side quest, far harbour and the upcoming nuka world thing are actual "story" things I get for my season pass, right? I was kinda expecting 4-5 new vegas style dlc, especially something silly like old world blues...
Nuka World will be the last DLC.
And yeah: If you're not into settlement building, FO4's DLC has been a bit underwhelming.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Raygereio posted:

And yeah: If you're not into settlement building, FO4's DLC has been a bit underwhelming.

Yeah, finally getting around to Far Harbor now, and for all its size, there's really not much to it. I just finished Blood and Wine too, so that makes it especially jarring.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Raygereio posted:

"a bit"

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm kind of expecting the mod community to build good story/quest mods that leverage workshop DLC, sometime in the (far) future.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
To be fair, their last game only had 2 story and 1 building DLC. Whether Far Harbor and Nuka World compare to Dawnguard and Dragonborn remains to be seen. Kinda makes me appreciate the FO3 DLC more, even the crappier ones like Anchorage and Zeta. It doesn't really help that a presumably smaller studio like Obsidian did such a comparatively amazing job with DLC in NV.

graynull fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 30, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Did Bethesda do Shivering Isles or was it outsourced? Its hard to believe that the people involved in some of the good stuff about Oblivion had anything to do with any of the writing in FO4.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I think they started using the same guy as head writer from Fallout 3 onwards, and Shivering Isles was so long ago that it may well have been an entirely different team.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

The mod that adds arena stuff to the workshop includes a "beta wave emitter" that renders docile all captured creatures that aren't raiders / gunners / super mutants. They can't be formally used as defense but they'll attack hostiles.

Actually they also add to the settlement's defense rating! You can't order them around to defender stations, true, but they're pretty quick to respond to attackers.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

Did Bethesda do Shivering Isles or was it outsourced? Its hard to believe that the people involved in some of the good stuff about Oblivion had anything to do with any of the writing in FO4.

The common thread here is their love of swamps. Half of the Shivering Isles, all of Point Lookout, all of Far Harbor, honestly really surprised they didn't add one to Solsthiem, but then again a pretty big chunk of Skyrim was a swamp too.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
What's the best way to plan out construction for Vault 88? Right now it's kind of a hot mess since I built things 'organically' which means none of the side rooms or halls make any sense :v:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The common thread here is their love of swamps. Half of the Shivering Isles, all of Point Lookout, all of Far Harbor, honestly really surprised they didn't add one to Solsthiem, but then again a pretty big chunk of Skyrim was a swamp too.

Don't forget that Morrowind started you off in a swamp. :v:

Seriously amazed they haven't done TES: Black Marsh yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do I feed people in the vault? And Clem won't get on the stupid bike. All the hints I've found have been move it around, attach a terminal to it, and he just stands there.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

To get Clem on a bike I had to build a generator to power the terminal, set the parameters, and then he got on the bike.

Also HOW DID COWS GET IN MY VAULT

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

graynull posted:

To be fair, their last game only had 2 story and 1 building DLC. Whether Far Harbor and Nuka World compare to Dawnguard and Dragonborn remains to be seen. Kinda makes me appreciate the FO3 DLC more, even the crappier ones like Anchorage and Zeta. It doesn't really help that a presumably smaller studio like Obsidian did such a comparatively amazing job with DLC in NV.

The thing is that DLC development is usually done during post-production of the game itself. When the staff has nothing else to do. Or during the pre-production of the next game.

Obsidian had all the time in the world to make DLC since it just meant more work for them while Bethesda have to start working on their next game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

How do I feed people in the vault? And Clem won't get on the stupid bike. All the hints I've found have been move it around, attach a terminal to it, and he just stands there.

I presume you gotta leave a chunk of it as dirt and stick some crops in, unless there's something I'm missing. And yeah, it's just what hup says. Even though the bike presumably produces power on its own, the terminal needs to be powered before the bike experiment can happen.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hup posted:

Also HOW DID COWS GET IN MY VAULT

Probably the French resistance

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

Don't forget that Morrowind started you off in a swamp. :v:

Seriously amazed they haven't done TES: Black Marsh yet.

TES: Black Marsh and/or Elsewhyre seem like the most logical next steps. If Black Marsh was as alien and weird as Morrowind was it'd be pretty great. Supposedly the place was so inhospitable that during the Oblivion crisis it was the one place where the demons ran away from.

Feeding your Vault Dwellers is as easy as sticking corn in the ground (thankfully it doesn't need sunlight, but I'm surprised we don't have the ability to make Planters like you see in Greygarden).

I've seen at least one cheeky person make a vault within Vault 88, complete with vault door, and labeling it "Vault 89." Heh heh.

Looks like Vault Suits infinitely respawn in the supply closet too.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Didn't Wasteland Workshop introduce garden plots?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Started a new save and I've found that the settlement beacons aren't attracting a single settler. Anyone know how to fix this?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

xutech posted:

Started a new save and I've found that the settlement beacons aren't attracting a single settler. Anyone know how to fix this?

Did you attached a generator to them?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

yes, It's not my first game. The beacons have worked in every other game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Didn't Wasteland Workshop introduce garden plots?

It did yes.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hmm, so the new DLC didn't introduce any weapons or stuff like that? Just more settlement crap?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

no weapons that i know of, but it's a decent dlc imo, having lots of fun building the vault

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Hmm. I guess it could be fun, but to be honest, since I'm playing on survival, I haven't been doing much with the settlements until I can find one with a nice central location. Mostly I've just been setting up trade routes and some food/water to replenish my supplies, in case I end up visiting the settlement to dump my loot.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Zephyrine posted:

The thing is that DLC development is usually done during post-production of the game itself. When the staff has nothing else to do. Or during the pre-production of the next game.

Obsidian had all the time in the world to make DLC since it just meant more work for them while Bethesda have to start working on their next game.

Obsidian had a couple of months per expansion, same as Bethesda did with Fallout 3. In any case, if they can't put as much work into the DLC then they should t be charging more for it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Looke posted:

no weapons that i know of, but it's a decent dlc imo, having lots of fun building the vault

gently caress building. when can i go burn all the settlements down with my clown raider friends

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

xutech posted:

yes, It's not my first game. The beacons have worked in every other game.

Are you using an Arthmoor product? Because the unofficial patch broke beacons. Arthmoor felt like making a QOL improvement without understanding how the Papyrus API and interfaces work.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4542-unofficial-fallout-4-patch-ufo4p-takes-an-arrow-in-the-knee/?p=162271

Should be fixed in August, I hope.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I was posting some of my big, elaborate modded settlements over a month ago - having a really good time building them up for no reason after the mods dropped. I was playing this game every day. Then a few of the mods updated and stopped working flawlessly, and a lot of the hard work I'd done at a few places like Starlight Drive-In was undone. Next thing I know, this official DLC comes out that adds in all the stuff I'd already hunted down mods for. Greenhouses and all that? Already modded them in. And now... I can add them in again... I guess.

Kind of killed off my desire to play for a while, and I'm worried that Nuka World isn't going to do much to bring me back in. That's been the biggest buzzkill with the mods for me - how difficult and rare it is for modders to create custom assets for the game. After all this time, there are still only the basic guard posts, for example - it looks kind of ridiculous sticking one of those next to a heavily fortified concrete bunker.

I'll probably wait until after Nuka World drops, and then go through that, the contraptions, and vault DLC all at once.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

xutech posted:

I don't know if this is it but I think if you have too many unassigned settlers (possibly including Sturges, Mama Murphy and Jun Long) no new ones will come?

Beds/etc might also be a factor. Or maybe they changed something in the newest patch.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I realized I missed the automatron holotape back at the rust devil base... was putzing around clearing it out and realized I also missed a full set of x-01 power armor. Pleasant surprise, I have been giving my different power armors different load outs so its nice to have one or two (or 8).

I have also realized I am a bit jealous of the sentry bots shoulder mounted launchers and I want one for my power armor!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Volkerball posted:

gently caress building. when can i go burn all the settlements down with my clown raider friends

I honestly never realized how much I didn't want to build a Vault from the ground up until this dlc

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AwkwardKnob posted:

I was posting some of my big, elaborate modded settlements over a month ago - having a really good time building them up for no reason after the mods dropped. I was playing this game every day. Then a few of the mods updated and stopped working flawlessly, and a lot of the hard work I'd done at a few places like Starlight Drive-In was undone. Next thing I know, this official DLC comes out that adds in all the stuff I'd already hunted down mods for. Greenhouses and all that? Already modded them in. And now... I can add them in again... I guess.

Kind of killed off my desire to play for a while, and I'm worried that Nuka World isn't going to do much to bring me back in. That's been the biggest buzzkill with the mods for me - how difficult and rare it is for modders to create custom assets for the game. After all this time, there are still only the basic guard posts, for example - it looks kind of ridiculous sticking one of those next to a heavily fortified concrete bunker.

I'll probably wait until after Nuka World drops, and then go through that, the contraptions, and vault DLC all at once.

The vault DLC does include a nice-looking guard post and a security desk.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I honestly never realized how much I didn't want to build a Vault from the ground up until this dlc

Just wait until they have us writing our own quests and dialogue too. With Microsoft Sam to voice act it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Uh oh. I found a bunch of Gunners and a Behemoth just outside Fort Hagen while doing the main quest. They don't seem to mind each other. Is this intended, or is the game and/or some mods just going haywire?

• Locked thread