Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

build a wall around sf5 and make capcom pay for it

Capcom ain't paying poo poo. They couldn't even afford more than one network engineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

That's a weird way to say "Just play Overwatch instead."

Play both!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Is Juri bad or something, I've barely touched her since I got a ps4 and revelator but all I hear is that she's the latest in a line of mediocre DLC characters.

Her cr.hp anti-air changes properties in v-trigger apparently.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Is Juri bad or something, I've barely touched her since I got a ps4 and revelator but all I hear is that she's the latest in a line of mediocre DLC characters.

Her cr.hp anti-air changes properties in v-trigger apparently.

who cares :anime:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Booyah- posted:

who cares :anime:
People who play the game seriously enough to notice that, I would assume.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Like of all the threads to criticize someone for posting really detailed hitbox data, why would you do it in a fighting game thread, where it's basically guaranteed that someone will care?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Like of all the threads to criticize someone for posting really detailed hitbox data, why would you do it in a fighting game thread, where it's basically guaranteed that someone will care?

You have to post about how poo poo this game is to post in this thread without being shouted down for the next two pages.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Her V-trigger also opens up a bunch of target combos which is pretty cool. She's the first DLC character I got and the first time I've thought about switching away from Karin

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Its a joke wingus

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Fellblade posted:

You have to post about how poo poo this game is to post in this thread without being shouted down for the next two pages.

you have to post about how poo poo this game is to have anything at all to post about it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I know this has been harped on to death but the fact that you have to unlock colors for costumes you purchase with real money, plus the fact that you have to unlock colors for each costume separately, plus the fact that you have to play a terrible survival mode to do it, all of that is really super awful.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Zand posted:

you have to post about how poo poo this game is to have anything at all to post about it.

It really is bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I know this has been harped on to death but the fact that you have to unlock colors for costumes you purchase with real money, plus the fact that you have to unlock colors for each costume separately, plus the fact that you have to play a terrible survival mode to do it, all of that is really super awful.

theyve heard the feedback and are providing a helpful microtransaction to bypass all of this.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I think people should be encouraged to play fighting games, should be warned about SFV's problems, but if they enjoy it then let them v:shobon:v I do feel there's too much negativity here and it's the only reason I read this thread nowadays, but it's getting to the point where it's less funny and more depressing.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
if this thread was filled with only the good things about sf5 it would be 4 pages long and archived after the second beta, never to be remade again. this thread should exist as a warning and a place where myself and others can encourage peeps interested in this game to play pretty much anything else. especially rev

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Zand posted:

if this thread was filled with only the good things about sf5 it would be 4 pages long and archived after the second beta, never to be remade again. this thread should exist as a warning and a place where myself and others can encourage peeps interested in this game to play pretty much anything else. especially rev

The former is not what I'm trying to advocate and the latter only works if posters aren't basically bullied for talking about SFV things in the SFV thread, not talking about you specifically but it's been happening repeatedly and I feel this achieves the exact opposite of encouraging people to play any fighting game period.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I like SFV.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's ok to like bad games

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I love the loving poo poo out of Smash Bros. Brawl but I won't stop people from calling it bad

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I like SFV because Chun Li is cool and fun to play and has like 4 viable AA options. She's got good normals and it's fun to head stomp people. Maybe y'all would have more Fun as Chun (Li).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

zelah posted:

I like SFV because Chun Li is cool and fun to play and has like 4 viable AA options. She's got good normals and it's fun to head stomp people. Maybe y'all would have more Fun as Chun (Li).

Chun is literally the only character I had fun with in SFV. I still think it's amazing that her toolset is considered Best In The Game tho, and that says a lot about The Game she's in.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I think a lot of people would say Ryu is as good or better than Chun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I love the loving poo poo out of Smash Bros. Brawl but I won't stop people from calling it bad

It's my favorite smash game as well

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I think a lot of people would say Ryu is as good or better than Chun

Point still stands.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

also all the non-story costumes can only be bought with real money and theyre in-game singular purchases, meaning no reduced price bundles exist and theyll never go on a sale.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I do not believe we will be seeing a season 2 for SFV. Because no one in their right mind would buy it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zand posted:

If this thread was a snapshot of the FGC attitude in general, I probably wouldn't be enthused to try out any other fighting game.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I played SF2 and MK2 casually and then no other 2D fighting games for years and then decided to jump back in with SF5. It's janky but as a complete scrub I'm having fun with it. I know Revelator is supposed to come out for PC sometime maybe but since right now is when I'm wanting to play fighting games I decided to pick up Xrd Sign to see if I like Guilty Gear. I've been sitting in a ranked queue for almost 10 minutes and it has yet to find me an opponent. I think maybe I'll just request a refund on Xrd while I still can and go back to playing the game that has actual players.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a heads up nobody in guilty plays ranked, it's all lobby matches

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Weird. Okay thanks.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
How should I be using Juri's fireball now? I'm sad you can't combo off of it like you could in 4. :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

PunkBoy posted:

How should I be using Juri's fireball now? I'm sad you can't combo off of it like you could in 4. :(

You can combo off it, but you need the right spacing and it might only work in or near the corner. It's a pretty lame change.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You can combo off it, but you need the right spacing and it might only work in or near the corner. It's a pretty lame change.

Aw, that sucks. Having a lot of fun with her, otherwise.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

guppy posted:

maybe I'll just request a refund on Xrd while I still can and go back to playing the game that has actual players.

I totally understand the frustration about not having games right at your fingertips in xrd as opposed to SFV. Xrd is super fun though and it's much easier to get a game once you have a few people on your friends list that you can poke when you want a game. I'm always looking for more PC peeps to play with so add me at

steamcommunity.com/id/giogadi

There is also the xrd discord where there is almost always someone up for a game:

https://discord.gg/rHBj6

I've played plenty of fresh newbies on that discord.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Well, I already put the refund request through but maybe I will give it another go when Revelator comes out for PC. After doing all the tutorials I'm a little overwhelmed by all the different mechanics though.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

guppy posted:

Well, I already put the refund request through but maybe I will give it another go when Revelator comes out for PC. After doing all the tutorials I'm a little overwhelmed by all the different mechanics though.

No problem - if you need a free fix of online fighting games, you can also check out fightcade. There's always loads of people playing the bigger games there.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

apple posted:

The former is not what I'm trying to advocate and the latter only works if posters aren't basically bullied for talking about SFV things in the SFV thread, not talking about you specifically but it's been happening repeatedly and I feel this achieves the exact opposite of encouraging people to play any fighting game period.

I don't think anyone attacks people for liking sf5.

They literally just say "hey wow this game is bad"

I personally post poo poo like

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Because beyond frame data and poo poo, the game is hosed on a more basic level.

You can enjoy it but you can't deny how much it got wrong.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I tried the story mode. It was like 20 fights where the AI didn't fight at all followed by a complete inputreading ai cheese Bison that I decided wasn't worth it. I don't know what I expected.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

I don't think anyone attacks people for liking sf5.

no this definitely happens in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

SectumSempra posted:

Because beyond frame data and poo poo, the game is hosed on a more basic level.

You can enjoy it but you can't deny how much it got wrong.

One thing that shocks me a little is that the season pass doesn't even include the stages. That's pretty shocking given that the season pass is $30.