Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i mean i know what HAES is of course but for everyone else what does that mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i mean i know what HAES is of course but for everyone else what does that mean

Health At Every Size - Basically fat and obese people (mostly women) who eat junk food and never move around telling themselves they are just as healthy as someone who lives the complete opposite life and is actually healthy. It's fat advocacy. The upper-levels of looney that come from it are the ones who want a culture of "no fat shaming" and getting triggered by women who are slim and in shape.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haier posted:

Health At Every Size - Basically fat and obese people (mostly women) who eat junk food and never move around telling themselves they are just as healthy as someone who lives the complete opposite life and is actually healthy. It's fat advocacy. The upper-levels of looney that come from it are the ones who want a culture of "no fat shaming" and getting triggered by women who are slim and in shape.

Well as an Aleut I might not have the same criteria for what is overweight as other cultures, but the idea that every body size is healthy is kind of ridiculous. Especially skinny fats, they've got no muscle!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

I never watched Sailor Moon though, or most of the girl animes, so I didn't get the nostalgia kick at the beginning. In fact, my least favorite thing the show does is do really direct anime homages, because unless it's Berserk or Vampire Hunter D I probably don't know what the gently caress they're talking about.
hmm so you didn't watch the animes except those two but you're bothered by all the anime references you're noticing in the show... interesting claim there :crossarms:

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

Are these fat advocates men or women, cause I l ve met more than one plus sized person who spouts this stuff, but if even a choice between a fat person or a skinny person they take the skinny person.

Weird thing is more than once the skinny person they go with like meth or cocaine.

Also not to out how awfully broken I am/was, but

I was taught some rather positive lessons as a child, these lessons aided in my hosed up socialization. They were rather benign sunday school stuff, but I failed to grasp that reality/experience>lesson\theory, as a result I got very frustrated because the world didnt work the way it was suppose to, and me just sitting inside building lego's didnt really help.

Its sorta like that barney the dinosaur show, it was all happy happy joy joy, but it never addressed how to deal with real problems or conflicts.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

max4me posted:

Are these fat advocates men or women, cause I l ve met more than one plus sized person who spouts this stuff, but if even a choice between a fat person or a skinny person they take the skinny person.

Weird thing is more than once the skinny person they go with like meth or cocaine.

I was taught some rather positive lessons as a child, these lessons aided in my hosed up socialization. They were rather benign sunday school stuff, but I failed to grasp that reality/experience>lesson\theory, as a result I got very frustrated because the world didnt work the way it was suppose to, and me just sitting inside building lego's didnt really help.

Its sorta like that barney the dinosaur show, it was all happy happy joy joy, but it never addressed how to deal with real problems or conflicts.
This makes sense, now I understand why you would have been less hosed up if you watched a childrens cartoon with implied rape.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Yeah, I deal with a fair number of bronies at conventions, and at first I was like "ugh bronies" but actually

Yeah, I deal with a fair number of poo poo Eaters at rear end Licking Conventions, and at first I was like "ugh poo poo Eaters" but actually

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

max4me posted:

sorry but barney was really good if you weren't already broken by the age of 3-5

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

sorry but barney was really good if you weren't already broken by the age of 3-5

Sesame street is pretty good about dealing with kid's issues, they had one about dads in jail in the US and HIV positive muppets in their African version. The world is a pretty hosed up place.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Sesame street is pretty good about dealing with kid's issues, they had one about dads in jail in the US and HIV positive muppets in their African version. The world is a pretty hosed up place.

i was too old for the aids muppet but i remember that everyone was cool with those openly gay muppets and no one gave oscar too much poo poo for living in a trash can

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
so i guess you weirdos are the new furry crew huh

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

Oh hey there mr 2013 I take it you werent here for the furry holocaust when they got sent to the concentration camp.

The issue with furries was that they would fly their freak flag high and then scream fursecution, The tax man found them annoying.

a hole-y ghost posted:

This makes sense, now I understand why you would have been less hosed up if you watched a childrens cartoon with implied rape.

No I would have been less hosed up, if it was explained to me that the world didnt work the way I thought it did. That people can be mean for the sake of being mean.

Here is a good story, in Jr High I knew a kid. I knew his family was poor. We had PE the same period and he couldnt afford a lock for his locker so he asked if we could share my lock. Basically he locks his clothes in with mine.

End of the year I go to the get the lock and both the lock and pants are gone. I showed him kindness and he ripped me off. HE STOLE A GOONS SWEAT PANTS....let that sink in. guess how many times I took those pants home and washed them?

You wanna know how to fix a slighty goony young person? its easy, tell them to go do something athletic, bath, wear clothes that fit, and get a good hair cut. Next have them do a hobby or activity that doesn't involve a computer. Have them learn a instrument or 2nd language (no japanese).

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

corn in the bible posted:

Maybe we just appreciate cartoons with lesbians fisting?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

max4me posted:

Oh Jesus.....

Whats funny with all this poo poo is that rockos modern life had great adult jokes and you dont see nearly this kinda poo poo with its fan. Hell now that I think about it invader zim had great dark humor, an annoying fan base but again not like with these shows.

when I was a kid, I walked into a hot topic to get a zim shirt and when I told some girl working there what I was looking for, she shoved a gir doll in my face and made weird noises. I learned of the fanbase outside of me and my buddies that day.

Oh well. show still owns though and holds up pretty well.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

when I was a kid, I walked into a hot topic to get a zim shirt and when I told some girl working there what I was looking for, she shoved a gir doll in my face and made weird noises. I learned of the fanbase outside of me and my buddies that day.

Oh well. show still owns though and holds up pretty well.
Those weird noises are called "speech."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was like a high pitched whine, with some scattered words. I'm pretty sure tacos and cupcakes were said, but don't quote me on that!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

It was like a high pitched whine, with some scattered words. I'm pretty sure tacos and cupcakes were said, but don't quote me on that!
That's your CPU fan, you should probably get a new one.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

max4me posted:

Oh hey there mr 2013 I take it you werent here for the furry holocaust when they got sent to the concentration camp.

The issue with furries was that they would fly their freak flag high and then scream fursecution, The tax man found them annoying.

Crow, apologise to grandpa. He's too old to know what a Crew is.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

in twenty years it's going to be thought of about as much as rocko's modern life, which is as it should be

rockos modern life was awesome though.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bug Bill Murray posted:

true, i used to love it and now my kid does

steve universe? nah

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bug Bill Murray posted:

That bit about their friend applying for a job at choke-e chicken was dark.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Let's just write this generation off

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Uncle Wemus posted:

Let's just write this generation off

Imagine the hosed up poo poo THEIR kids will be into.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

5er posted:

It will be Michael J Fox's character from Family Ties all over again. The WASPiest conservative tie and sweater wearing people who have ever existed. No tattoos. No vaping. ( Edit: not that the loss of those latter two things would be remotely bad mind you...)

gently caress YOU DAD AND MOM. SAILOR MOON IS poo poo MY FANDOM IS THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES YOU NERDS. :doom:

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 31, 2016

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That bit about their friend applying for a job at choke-e chicken was dark.

My jr high school gf's mother loved that heifer wolf was a cow adopted by wolves that scene when rocko goes "Heifer never told me he was adopted was killer"

Or the time Heifer got hooked up to the milking machine....See that was comedy. Now the tumblrits will screaming triggering that Heif was raped by a machine.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

max4me posted:

My jr high school gf's mother loved that heifer wolf was a cow adopted by wolves that scene when rocko goes "Heifer never told me he was adopted was killer"

Or the time Heifer got hooked up to the milking machine....See that was comedy. Now the tumblrits will screaming triggering that Heif was raped by a machine.

Or when everyone is confessing to their fetishes at the end and Rocko says he likes rainbows and all his friends turn on him and chase him with torches and pitchorks.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is there really any way OUT of being a depressed shut in neckbeard loser creep? asking for a friend

the answer is probably lots of therapy

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bug Bill Murray posted:

The stuff they got away with was incredible.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

The stuff they got away with was incredible.

that's just the start of it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

rocko is about a directionless group of guys age 18-34 wasting time which is a much more relatable message than gay space rocks imho

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Uncle Wemus posted:

rocko is about a directionless group of guys age 18-34 wasting time which is a much more relatable message than gay space rocks imho

Well one of them does sing a sing about not minding the men who had sex with their girlfriend and how they have to be there for her son now that she's gone, so maybe you could learn how to sing?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

plain blue jacket posted:

Crow, apologise to grandpa. He's too old to know what a Crew is.

i will stay on his lawn until he gives me a gran torino

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Steben universe: it's all about consent and abuse

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

5er posted:

I doubt wasteland scavengers will have much time for children's cartoons.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well one of them does sing a sing about not minding the men who had sex with their girlfriend and how they have to be there for her son now that she's gone, so maybe you could learn how to sing?

literal cuck

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

is that the female fedora

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Pibbleton do you imagine you are impressing people by unironically posting gifs from this show

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Jasper reminds me of Aileen Wuornos

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

Mr Pibbleton do you imagine you are impressing people by unironically posting gifs from this show

sexually-repressed-virgins-who-like-cartoon-space-rocks crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
terrible animation on that hat

• Locked thread