Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Does anyone's avatar just stop sometimes when the GPS signal is weak and never bothers to move again until you reset the app? It seems to happen everytime I check a gym or get into a battle. Is there any way to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
1,123 Caught
1,469 Encountered
76% Capture Rate
2,961 Pokéballs Thrown

pretty a'ight until you get to that Pokeballs bit, fuuuuuuck this game is broken as poo poo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently you can apply for a refund of your purchases in Pokémon GO in iTunes. Because of the disabled scanner.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't clicked anything yet, but does this happen to everybody after the update? What should I do?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah it happened to me and it was fine

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Oh, Pokemon Go.

I wouldn't say that I'm upset at this mobile app that has never had any real gameplay to begin with, but it sure is a bitter pill to swallow when you launch with features and then remove them without explanation. Tracking pokemon by following steps was fun.

Maybe I'll stop playing for a while and watch how things progress, but I have a feeling Niantic has no idea what kind of "fanbase" it's dealing with. Good luck to em.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I haven't clicked anything yet, but does this happen to everybody after the update? What should I do?

Yes and instead of moving on I did a reinstall and after logging in all was well again.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Rexroom posted:

Apparently you can apply for a refund of your purchases in Pokémon GO in iTunes. Because of the disabled scanner.

Wow, just a quick glance and I see about 500 bucks worth of refunds just from what people posted on that thread. Makes me wonder how much much they're actually getting charged back in total, and if it's enough to make them reconsider this vow of silence.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This game would have been much better if they had branded it pokemon snap go and you just took AR pokemon photos instead of catching them. Pretty much everything else could have stayed the same.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Kawabata posted:

I mean the Wing Attack is ranked pretty high among the fast attacks but I'd burn a shitload of dust to bring it to a decent CP level.

In all seriousness, if you find a high level/IV Pidgeot with a good moveset, I've found that it can be a workhorse. I mean, don't waste stardust ranking a low level one up (even if it has a great IV), but spending stardust on a perfect Pidgeot can be worthwhile.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Richard Bong posted:

No, they aren't. Just got a Rattatta either GREAT throw and got no bonus. Just like all the other ones I caught today.
I got a +50 just a few hours ago. :shobon:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Rexroom posted:

According to people in that thread (which is a very reliable source) when you get a refund Apple doesn't share any information at all with the developer so they don't know who got refunded. If that's true, why wouldn't you do this? Other than a, possibly misguided, sense of fairness.

And not just got PGO but every app ever. Surely that can't be right?

Jaypeeh
Feb 22, 2003

I got my $10 back and I don't feel bad about it. I used that money to buy incubators, which are all completely stuck on the same distance despite me riding a few miles on a bike and walking the dogs around the neighborhood. I don't like buying digital incubators that don't incubate! It's basically just a costume piece for my eggs.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jaypeeh posted:

I got my $10 back and I don't feel bad about it. I used that money to buy incubators, which are all completely stuck on the same distance despite me riding a few miles on a bike and walking the dogs around the neighborhood. I don't like buying digital incubators that don't incubate! It's basically just a costume piece for my eggs.

You were probably going too fast on the bike.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I just walked around campus and also didn't get any bonus exp for catching things with Greats or Nice (still got 10 for curves). Also the radar is still broken and poo poo lingers long after its gone. Also it sticks to see something pop up and have no idea where or for how long. Definitely a less enjoyable experience for this strong gamesoft user.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Internet Kraken posted:

Now that I got Pokeadvisor to work its really cool, assuming its accurate. Got some decent IV pokemon to raise, though that's gonna be hard now that I can't hunt down the candies for them.

Also I have an 86% capture rate :smug:

The developer who made it says all the IV's are calculated off of The Pokemon servers and thats why there's no range like on most calculators.

https://m.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4vdm93/pokeadvisorcom_automatic_stats_calculator_and/

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Are there issues with getting rewards for leveling up right now? I hit 19 and nothing happened, even after reopening the game.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

OptimusMatrix posted:

The developer who made it says all the IV's are calculated off of The Pokemon servers and thats why there's no range like on most calculators.

https://m.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4vdm93/pokeadvisorcom_automatic_stats_calculator_and/

Yeah, the site seems pretty accurate to me. Thanks again to the goon who linked it.

I got one 100% eevee. I actually found it today on my morning walk. It was 80 CP and I would probably have overlooked it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Louisgod posted:

Are there issues with getting rewards for leveling up right now? I hit 19 and nothing happened, even after reopening the game.

It usually takes a while to register a level-up for the rewards. It's seems to happen faster if you do something else afterwards (capturing, transferring, continuing to walk).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Do this game have new maps? I am tired of planet earth

Jaypeeh
Feb 22, 2003

Jose Valasquez posted:

You were probably going too fast on the bike.

I was just cruising around, moderate jogging speed at best. And the dog walk was just that, a walk. None of my incubators have budged so much as .1 since yesterday despite having the app open much of the time. Plus I've hatched 20 or so eggs so far riding my bike over the last week, haven't had a problem till the last day or so.

I aint even mad really, I got my 10bux back so whatever.

Jaypeeh fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 31, 2016

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
well alright alright alright

e: of course, until I get more snorlax candies, I'm SOL

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I suggest that if you're concerned about the lack of communication from Niantic, the lack of tracking, or something else, to check here https://www.change.org/m/take-action-on-pok%C3%A9mon-go

There may already be a petition for you to sign.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Has anyone seen Jynx in the wild? There was a local park with a nest of them that is now a Slowbro nest. I feel like that will make them exceedingly rare because I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Jaypeeh posted:

I was just cruising around, moderate jogging speed at best. And the dog walk was just that, a walk. None of my incubators have budged so much as .1 since yesterday despite having the app open much of the time. Plus I've hatched 20 or so eggs so far riding my bike over the last week, haven't had a problem till the last day or so.

I aint even mad really, I got my 10bux back so whatever.

Did the steps on your walking medal increase, at least?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Has anyone seen Jynx in the wild? There was a local park with a nest of them that is now a Slowbro nest. I feel like that will make them exceedingly rare because I haven't seen them anywhere else.

I'm fairly certain there's a nest near me, up a road I usually don't go, because there were always Jinx spawned there whenever I'd absentmindedly look on Pokevision

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mierenneuker posted:

It usually takes a while to register a level-up for the rewards. It's seems to happen faster if you do something else afterwards (capturing, transferring, continuing to walk).

Yeah though it's taking especially long right now, even after capturing, walking and hitting up a Pokestop. Annoying.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

When Pokevision was working I saw them on the map near the Santa Monica Pier.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Living in a low density pokemon town means tracking is now basically impossible, even though I know most of the places Pokemons spawn. I guess Niantic can do what they like, but it shits on the premise of the game - finding pokemons (or more accurately, catching them all/finding the ones you dont have).

I imagine in big cities and parks its fine, but in a town with 9 pokestops (none of which overlap and all of which take 5 mins to walk between at least) there is very little worth doing now. I cant bring myself to walk around and hope to bump into something I dont already have, because its mostly weedles and pidgeys. I saw an Omanyte earlier and I couldnt find it for the life of me, and I know roughly where it was likely to be... now I know what the towns with absolutely nothing in them feels like lol.

I dont want Pokevision etc to be a thing, but without ANY kind of decent tracker they are a bit part of what makes the game fun for a lot of people.

I wont go so far as to say the game is in trouble, because it probably isnt, but Im sure quite a few people will find it hard to enjoy this game for as long if finding things proves as hard as it seems outside of busy areas. Also Niantic seem like shits.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Just passed the rollover on my gym bonus collection for the second time since installing the update. And for the second time, it hasn't rewarded me with coins/candy for the 6 gyms I'm holding.

That pokeadvisor site doesn't work for me. I get an unspecified error on the manager tab. Shame. I was kinda curious to see what my IVs were but not anal enough to manually work them out

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Crash_N_Burn posted:

My park was a Jynx nest. Literally could get 20 in an hour there. I'm in Surprise Arizona. Which speaking of if you're in Phoenix, Surprise park is literally the best park for pokestops in the entire city.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

That pokeadvisor site doesn't work for me. I get an unspecified error on the manager tab. Shame. I was kinda curious to see what my IVs were but not anal enough to manually work them out

It may have issues with certain browsers or mobile devices. On my computer with Chrome I loaded it just fine. It also may be getting hit really hard right now with traffic.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I don't know if it changed in the update, but I was looking at popular spots on Pokevision when it worked, and the Santa Monica Pier area was crawling with them. Plus Omanytes and Kabutos.

I'm in Ohio however, so I can't actually check and see if they're still there.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Cmon Niantic, all we need is for you to say "we're working on fixing tracking, we just removed the footsteps in the meantime so people don't get confused."

Please :smith:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I got a +50 just a few hours ago. :shobon:

Are you on the most recent update?

I'm on iOS, and not using AR either. The two clients have diff features so maybe that's it?

E:
Also I see a lot of Jinx in the wild.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

My park is pretty amazing. You can walk the entire loop in about 10 minutes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've never really had particularly bad mobile reception where I live, but for some reason, in Pokemon Go, the loading-ball keeps spinning, leaving me in constant loading-limbo almost anywhere I am. Any other internet-related things work fine, but the majority of the time, it seems like the app can't establish a proper connection.

None of the fixes google yields (like clearing cache, etc) have worked, so I guess it might be time to call it a day. Was planning on getting a new phone after my trusty HTC M7 has served me for 3 years until the battery started getting weaker and the GPS occasionally freaked out, so I might give it another shot with a new phone. Maybe a Galaxy this time.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Downtown Boston was drowning in them a few days ago, but I think they got rotated out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It sounds like the iOS version is just a ton more broken than Android. Power saver still works on Android. I have never had trouble tracking egg distance, the only thing being sometimes there's a bit of a delayed reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Pakled posted:

Cmon Niantic, all we need is for you to say "we're working on fixing tracking, we just removed the footsteps in the meantime so people don't get confused."

Please :smith:

or alternatively, "they are gone for good" so at least we'd know.

• Locked thread