Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

JoelJoel posted:

Is anders Lee taken? If not I'll take him. I seem to remember him putting up like 20 plus a couple years ago. He's I think a centre. I can call him ders. Isles fan, good pick?

Taken a few rounds ago, it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I will take apparent corsi wizard 4th line center Nick Shore

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
xxx-Shore-xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison

Crosby and grinddddd

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Just call me the Floridelphia Flying Panthers at this point.

Give me defenceman Alex Petrovic

He's a solid 3rd Pairing guy who isn't that great when it comes to scoring but I have a bunch of scoring D already. Good defensively and I need guys on the PK.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 31, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I had my sights on Shore for my 4th line centre.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

Is anders Lee taken? If not I'll take him. I seem to remember him putting up like 20 plus a couple years ago. He's I think a centre. I can call him ders. Isles fan, good pick?

as the islander fan who picked him, I do think he was a good pick and I appreciate your interest in him

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Menamino posted:

as the islander fan who picked him, I do think he was a good pick and I appreciate your interest in him

And a smart pick it was.

I'll take filpula. He can kill it in my bottom six, show the kids a thing or two, and slot up if peeps get hurt or suck. I'm also pretty sure he has 2 Ps in his name but whatever.
Can someone do the spreadsheet thing for me?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

And a smart pick it was.

I'll take filpula. He can kill it in my bottom six, show the kids a thing or two, and slot up if peeps get hurt or suck. I'm also pretty sure he has 2 Ps in his name but whatever.
Can someone do the spreadsheet thing for me?

Filppula is good and I was considering him but instead I wanted to ensure that I can make the Most Hated Line In Hockey. So far its got

X - Ryan White - Andrew Shaw

And I have a very good idea who that left winger is going to be. :unsmigghh:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Filppula is good and I was considering him but instead I wanted to ensure that I can make the Most Hated Line In Hockey. So far its got

Shoulda been kreider. I'd say fcp but he's too good for that line.

So flip for sure isn't taken? Nice.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Furnaceface posted:

You get hosed, I know EXACTLY who that is.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
right now the buffalo sabres looks like this

Palat-MacKinnon-C Smith
Hagelin-Johnson-Meier
Kunitz-E Staal-Hartnell

Sekera-Subban
B Smith-Pietrangelo

Bobrovsky

three scoring lines, two of them pretty fast, a defensive top 4 that can all move the puck, and one of the best goalies in the world. I feel pretty good about this

tofes fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 31, 2016

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tofes posted:

right now the buffalo sabres looks like this

Palat-MacKinnon-C Smith
Hagelin-Johnson-Meier
Kunitz-E Staal-Hartnell

Sekera-Subban
B Smith-Pietrangelo

Bobrovsky

three scoring lines, two of them pretty fast, a defensive top 4 that can all move the puck, and one of the best goalies in the world. I feel pretty good about this

I wouldn't call Bob one of the best goalies in the world, and I'm not digging your wingers a ton, but man that's some killer D and centre depth.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Infidel Castro posted:

I wouldn't call Bob one of the best goalies in the world, and I'm not digging your wingers a ton, but man that's some killer D and centre depth.

Ignoring last year, which was an abnormally bad performance, he put up .932 over the previous 3 years at even strength; the only two goalies who posted better were Price and Rask. Including last year in the past 3 years his save percentage at evens is still .926 which is respectable (albeit overpaid). While his contract is expensive he's only signed through the next 3 years which is pretty good as it gets us through his prime

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

You get hosed, I know EXACTLY who that is.

Ahahaha :getin:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I am the bird got skipped at 8:06 so VJeff is up for two picks

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'll take Ilya Samsonov and figure out my starting goalie after VJeff, I guess.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

You'll also want a backup since apparently he's locked into the KHL until 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

i am the bird posted:

You know what you must do.

I'll grab LW - Magnus Paajarvi and D - Eric Gelinas.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
It's really freaking me out that a bonafide star goalie is still on the board and people are drafting khl goalies ahead of him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

stab posted:

It's really freaking me out that a bonafide star goalie is still on the board and people are drafting khl goalies ahead of him

I would pick him tbh but I already picked Rinne so I'm kinda anchored to that choice.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

stab posted:

Maybe there's a reason why???

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You'll also want a backup since apparently he's locked into the KHL until 2018

Don't worry, I've got a plan.

The goalies left are poo poo and we're getting to the point where I don't know any of these loving players. I guess I'll have to go back to the goalie well next round. I'll take Roberto Luongo as my win now guy but that surgery makes me nervous.

My goaltending is going to be garbage so I guess I'm just going to go with high risk/high reward garbage.

Drouin-McDavid-Silfverberg
Zetterberg-Nielsen-Draisaitl
xxx-Faksa-Maroon

Muzzin-Niskanen
K. Miller-Braun
xxx-C. Miller

Luongo
xxx
Samsonov

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 1, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

The goalies left are poo poo and we're getting to the point where I don't know any of these loving players. I guess I'll have to go back to the goalie well next round. I'll take Roberto Luongo as my win now guy but that surgery makes me nervous.

I like this plan and you've immediately won me over as a fan of your team regardless of anything else

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

i am the bird posted:

My goaltending is going to be garbage so I guess I'm just going to go with high risk/high reward garbage.

Drouin-McDavid-Silfverberg
Zetterberg-Nielsen-Draisaitl
xxx-Faksa-Maroon

Muzzin-Niskanen
K. Miller-Braun
xxx-C. Miller

Luongo
xxx
Samsonov

that sure is a hockey team alright

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

tofes posted:

nowhere in the rules does it say the end result has to be good

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

i am the bird posted:

nowhere in the rules does it say the end result has to be good

I mean you are definitely better than the IRL oilers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Luongo actually owns and he rules rear end, as it turns out.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

tofes posted:

I mean you are definitely better than the IRL oilers

Literally my only goal was to walk into this with a moderate level of knowledge about current players and create a better team than Holland while still following his rules of having insane dumb contracts and the necessity of being able to make the playoffs.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I hope Lu is still good and not old and broken

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, just think of the social media presence your team has with Luongo. Can you buy that many likes and retweets? Don't answer that.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

VJeff posted:

Look, just think of the social media presence your team has with Luongo. Can you buy that many likes and retweets? Don't answer that.

I'm bringing in BizNasty and John Scott next.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Infidel Castro has until 11:50 AM to pick, followed by Dandy Kaiser and Yaya

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Now that this insane training is over at work I can actually keep up with everything. I'll take Joel Ward and Antti Raanta.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

You would have thought I, having the Flyers and being a Flyers fan, would have taken a player who plays for the Flyers. Hell, even one that used to. Well I guess it was only a matter of time. The Flyers select RW Matt Read

Read was really good in the early part of his career, but the last two year he's been kind of underwhelming. Despite that, he's always had good possession stats and he did manage double digit goals last year. The nice thing about Read is that he is quite versatile and should be a decent contributor on both the 3rd line and the PK.

Eriksson - Stamkos - R. Smith
Fiala - Trocheck - Donskoi
Arvidsson - Grigorenko - Read

Barrie - Klefbom
C. Murphy - R. Murray
Petrovic - ???????

Andersen

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 1, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Joel Ward is somebody I found out after my Burrows pick was still available which was super surprising to me. I think people forgot about him.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Yaya posted:

Joel Ward is somebody I found out after my Burrows pick was still available which was super surprising to me. I think people forgot about him.

He's going to be 36, which might have something to do with it. That said, I probably would have taken him if you hadn't nabbed him first.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yaya posted:

I considered him a few times but his age kept putting me off. I probably would've taken him next pick to put on my third/second line.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yaya posted:

I almost picked him a couple times. Wasn't super fond of his age or his possession stats, but he was tempting.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

yeah I had ward on my radar too, as said before his possession stats are kinda mediocre though so that made me bump him down a bit. If he lasted a bit longer I wouldn't have had any issue taking him for 4th line duties though, he's a useful guy to have around

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dandy Kaiser has until 12:00 EST
then Yaya
then JoelJoel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lu's recapture penalties are hilarious. Then again, you can pretend that they will apply to the team that originally signed him like in the NHL, so haha, whoever's picking for Vancouver!

tofes posted:

It is a solid mix of good players, hot young centers, players I have no opinions of named Miller, and giant boat anchor contracts.

• Locked thread