Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Light level is irrelevant, you just need to go max armor and then pick Unstoppable in the last perk tree.

I thought light level did effect it in Iron Banner because I noticed at really high light levels I would be able to tank a shoulder charge and at really low light levels my Titan would have to punch the guy AFTER I shoulder charge him. If you were 335 PLUS max armor and armor from perks I feel like you would completely change the way you take damage in Iron Banner/Trials. Because in base crucible it only does 200 damage which is just enough to one shot an enemy, so one less point in damage could mean you aren't one shotting the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

MarshyMcFly posted:

I thought light level did effect it in Iron Banner because I noticed at really high light levels I would be able to tank a shoulder charge and at really low light levels my Titan would have to punch the guy AFTER I shoulder charge him. If you were 335 PLUS max armor and armor from perks I feel like you would completely change the way you take damage in Iron Banner/Trials. Because in base crucible it only does 200 damage which is just enough to one shot an enemy, so one less point in damage could mean you aren't one shotting the enemy.

Iron Banner isn't normalized, that's the whole point of it.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

MarshyMcFly posted:

Light Level only matters in Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner. The rest of the time Light Level is irrelevant.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

sunday at work posted:

Light Level only matters in Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner. The rest of the time Light Level is irrelevant.

Right so it does make a difference in "weighted" crucible too, not just the armor stat.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know WTF happened to this game?

I remember a developer presentation that was given pre-launch where they talked about this tool they have to develop planets and maps and this guy builds the Moon map in about 20 minutes.

Why have all the expansions just been kind of shallow in terms of new content, when they, supposedly, have the tools to easily crank out more and better?

Like TTK is the best expansion but the Taken as an antagonist are something that obviously came out of a marketing and budgetary meeting. "How can we add new group of baddies while also re-using the same or very similar art assets and lore? I know! The same alien races already in the game but with different textures and effects! The Taken!"

Same with the next expansion; just Fallen re-skins.

Not trying to hate on the game. I've had a lot of fun with it but I was expecting more and am wondering what the hell happened. I'm guessing the usual - cost cutting, greed, poor planning, talent attrition, publisher yanking the chains.

EDIT

Oh, it's because Bungie's senior leadership is incompetent. Ok.

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

quote:

In the summer of 2013, just over a year before Destiny came out, the story got a full reboot, according to six people who were there. Bungie ditched everything Joe Staten and his team had written, reworking Destiny’s entire structure as they scrapped plot threads, overhauled characters, and rewrote most of the dialogue. The decision was made against Staten’s wishes, sources say. Destiny project lead Jason Jones and the rest of senior leadership were unhappy with the writing team’s supercut, and their reaction was to scrap it all.

Destiny’s story went through several revisions before the reboot, but the supercut’s version revolved around players’ hunt for the warmind Rasputin, according to two people familiar with the original plans. In today’s Destiny, Rasputin doesn’t do much but listen to classical music in a steel bunker on Earth, but in the 2013 version, he would have starred in a more prominent role. Alien Hive would have kidnapped the machine and brought him to their Dreadnaught spaceship, which was later cut from vanilla Destiny and moved to The Taken King. Originally, this Hive ship would have been part of the main story. “The entire last third of the game took place on the Dreadnaught with you rescuing Rasputin,” said one person who worked on the game.

EDIT EDIT

My god, so much content cut so they could sell it as DLC...

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 31, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

There is a base difference in equip speed between snipers right? For example the weylorans handles much faster than HB if you compare both without any perks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Titans can't punch anything so it doesn't matter

It's a million times better than it used to be.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Noam Chomsky posted:

EDIT EDIT

My god, so much content cut so they could sell it as DLC...

Too much content

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
Finally! A smite with Firefly! This is amazing! I going to have almost as much fun as finally getting Nothing manacles!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Noam Chomsky posted:

Does anyone know WTF happened to this game?

Lotta words I didn't read. Go play some fallout, doom or Diablo.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people who actually care about the narrative framework surrounding their space genocide are pathetic losers, almost as bad as the people who want destiny to cater to solo players

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people who actually care about the narrative framework surrounding their space genocide are pathetic losers, almost as bad as the people who want destiny to cater to solo players

Yeah what a bunch of idiot babby faggots. Welp time to solo queue some Control now :downs:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Nah it's okay to expect basic competence.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Meanwhile Noam Chompski thinks "yes yes dance my puppets"

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

fennesz posted:

Yeah what a bunch of idiot babby faggots. Welp time to solo queue some Control now :downs:

what the gently caress are you talking about and why did you feel compelled to involve hate speech

The Meat Dimension posted:

Nah it's okay to expect basic competence.

i had zero expectations about the story of destiny and it delivered zero story.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't have zero expectations at launch but I sure do now! Vanilla sealed the deal, also Battuta isn't writing flavor text anymore

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spotted the bone krew hangout today (right). Conveniently located right next to the only clothing store that meets their needs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
There are actually quite a lot of interesting story hooks behind Destiny, it's just that the narrative is presented either outside of the game or in a jumbled, repeatedly rewritten mess.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

Spotted the bone krew hangout today (right). Conveniently located right next to the only clothing store that meets their needs.

I lol'ed

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

actionjackson posted:

Actually the reason you see so many bone krew going in there is because DXL is where they sell our condom size and next door's where we go to put them to work

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

sunday at work posted:

There are actually quite a lot of interesting story hooks behind Destiny, it's just that the narrative is presented either outside of the game or in a jumbled, repeatedly rewritten mess.

The grimoire card is worse than what 343 did with the terminals in halo 5. The best story telling was with the ghost scans in TTK, I really liked that, but that's just audiobooks.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually the reason you see so many bone krew going in there is because DXL is where they sell our condom size and next door's where we go to put them to work

It's actually really nice of you guys to provide condoms for all the dudes who'll be loving you.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Well my second Xbox One did its party trick today and bricked during the update. I literally spent from ten to five today trying to fix it. I swear to god if I wasn't so invested in all my friends being on the Bone I'd switch. I borrowed my Dad's Xbone for while I figure out the multiple problems my second bone has. Oh and playing Overwatch with you guys last night was fun. Right now I'm installing updates then I'm going to spend the night gaming.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Finished up my sword stuff in 2 Inferno Control matches using only the hilt. Went positive in the first and even in the second. Won both matches. Feels good. Now to kill Ecthar (who I already killed by accident because I didn't know that was part of the sword quest)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Dopants posted:

It's actually really nice of you guys to provide condoms for all the dudes who'll be loving you.

Lmfao

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bone krew just got alley ooped

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Meanwhile Noam Chompski thinks "yes yes dance my puppets"

Chompski lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Lotta scrawny manlets on the PS4 I guess

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
watch as actionjackson wages his private war against the hordes of convertibles bearing down on him

"This is madness! their penises will blot out the sun!"

*actionjackson turns to camera* "Then, we will whine in the shade"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I can't wait to see the next season of emotes

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

so i guess they made the one part of the sword quest for people were really nostalgic for farming y1 mats for hours

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Roman posted:

so i guess they made the one part of the sword quest for people were really nostalgic for farming y1 mats for hours

That part is the absolute worst (and I say this as someone who only completed the quests because Mayhem was the weekly crucible event) Thank loving God they at least had the sense to give Ghosts the ability to detect nearby materials.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Isn't there some anti hadium-flake farming thing on the dreadnaught?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Watch your mouth. My smedium fits REAL nice bro.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Roman posted:

Yep. I spent 30 minutes doing it once, ended up 2/10 and never attempted it again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Isn't there some anti hadium-flake farming thing on the dreadnaught?

That's not the tedious part. The tedious part is going to one of the other planets and harvesting every resource you see until the RNG sees fit to pop out the special material.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
lol like XBros would be caught dead at a Linux Conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
While hilarious you should have found a distribution of Windows t shirts

haveblue posted:

That's not the tedious part. The tedious part is going to one of the other planets and harvesting every resource you see until the RNG sees fit to pop out the special material.

It's been so long since I did that quest step I forgot, probably to protect myself from :suicide:

• Locked thread