Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

fakemirage posted:

I read that as him not having any EC and wanting an excuse so it's not a fault of his own.

For those considering the 2M dil outfit, don't.

They haven't updated the outfit, so it's both low res and has stretching issues.

Doubtless, the open fly will be popular on Risa.

Y'know, if they didn't have cheaper silvery fetishwear already available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Hm

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Hell, keys are on sale right now, he could drop 50 bucks on the game, get 50 keys, and make a cool 250m, maybe more, haven't checked key prices in a while. Point is, he's dumb and instead of going for a sure thing, he's pissing away his money gambling.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Man TOR sure looks bad lately

That lightsaber is ten polygons

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Ok so SFD hit the member cap again tonight, so I :redhammer: 'd 10 random names who had not been online since some time in 2014 and had either of the bottom 2 ranks.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

fakemirage posted:

I read that as him not having any EC and wanting an excuse so it's not a fault of his own.

For those considering the 2M dil outfit, don't.

They haven't updated the outfit, so it's both low res and has stretching issues.

On the flip side, you're all set for a redneck wedding.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What if you want to play Star Trek Online but you don't have any space money? The wiki's got you covered.

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/the_u.s.s._poverty_-_building_a_ship_with_no_money

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SKY COQ posted:

What if you want to play Star Trek Online but you don't have any space money? The wiki's got you covered.

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/the_u.s.s._poverty_-_building_a_ship_with_no_money

They might want to get a nihydron destroyer or a kazon raider instead.

They are like 3-4m ec and t5, upgradable to t5u. Both have 4 tac consoles at t5, and the nihydron gets a 5th at t5u.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

So preordering a Star Trek board game and they are throwing Ina code for the following:

The full list of items is an NX Class Starship Replica, Section 31 Uniform, 1 Research and Development Pack, and 1 Gamma Duty Officer Pack.

Any of this worth anything?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Not really, the NX is a starter ship so it's hella cheap and uniforms are around five bucks. The packs are consumable, I don't know how much they cost but probably not much.

If all of that is one code I doubt anyone would pay much for it.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Veotax posted:

Not really, the NX is a starter ship so it's hella cheap and uniforms are around five bucks. The packs are consumable, I don't know how much they cost but probably not much.

If all of that is one code I doubt anyone would pay much for it.

Good to know. Perhaps it's time I jump back into STO and use it to see what's up with SFD.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They should change it so that instead of the grappler console it's a grappler skill book.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Good to know. Perhaps it's time I jump back into STO and use it to see what's up with SFD.

Same assholes doing the same poo poo.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Morglon posted:

Same assholes doing the same poo poo.

That's really all there is to it.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

MikeJF posted:

They should change it so that instead of the grappler console it's a grappler skill book.
That would be pretty nice, but there have been the incredibly rare occasions, say when leveling, where it has been nice enough to sacrifice a Sci or Eng console for a weaker Tractor Beam, rather than a boff skill.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
The grappler is the best console there is. You can stop the spinning core with it during Breach events.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

you haven't lived until you've grappled a Tac Cube

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You can't grapple cubes the size modifier is way too high.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Morglon posted:

You can't grapple cubes the size modifier is way too high.

Neeeeerrrrrddddd

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

hakimashou posted:

They might want to get a nihydron destroyer or a kazon raider instead.

They are like 3-4m ec and t5, upgradable to t5u. Both have 4 tac consoles at t5, and the nihydron gets a 5th at t5u.

This is a good point. I aimed this at the poorest of the poor but I will include a section about where to spend money once you start earning it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SKY COQ posted:

This is a good point. I aimed this at the poorest of the poor but I will include a section about where to spend money once you start earning it.

The ships are so cheap someone would probably just give them one.

Alternatively, 50k dil -> zen is one key, and enough to almost buy both ships.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Crazy tweaker guy is back whining about t6 connies again

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1219875/t6-connie

insane pubbie posted:

I know that I have been a long time trekie fan since I was kid and now cryptic/pe finally bring out a T6 connie and everything else but to put it into a lock box only ship is a huge slap in the face to the player base but most of all trekie fans like myself its the most dumbest thing that cryptic/pe has ever done they should of made it available to everyone in the Z store not a d.a.m.n. lock box where you have no chance of getting one and don't say go get one from the exchange cause the exchange is full of bs I have been selling doffs been selling and crafting and redoing missions after missions and I can only muster up in a span of 4 to 5 hours worth of playing 5 mill at best no way in h.e.l.l. I can come up with 300 mill plus this is why ships like this one specially this one and the kelvin dreadnought should have been in the Z store that way everyone could have access to them and have one.

But leave it to crytic/PE to put them in lock boxes so that only a certain few can get them and or elite players to get them it brings dishonor to the actors who died and the ones who ever stared in the star trek series .

---

all I am saying is that cryptic/pe made the most dumbest thing to do is put this ships in lock boxes they should of been Z store for everyone to get not just a select few rich kid players they could of put a different ship in a lock box not the T6 connie or the dreadnought I have been waiting for yrs for cryptic to put out a top tier connie and what they do partner up with PE and put in a d.am.n. lock box its bs

---

its going to take me months to get that kind of EC and I only get 500 Zen a month like that's going to help me any either I have bills child support and on top of that I have to pay money to an ex-wife that cheated on me and she gets most of my money cause of the state she lives in is pro female rights I'm lucky to even get what I get from the VA like I can put up anymore money like I use to in this game to get a ship that I have been waiting for yrs to finally come out to be put in a d.am.n. lock box.

ETA:

quote:

t-dogg, have you ever had a problem in your life that was your fault, and not someone else's fault?

Even once?

quote:

no only when I was a kid growing up as an adult no like my ex-wife cheating on me is my fault smdh

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 31, 2016

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol I've been doing missions on my Temporal Agent and bringing my poo poo to a vendor and selling it when my bags are full is a few million per hour

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lockbox ships also greatly dishonour Harambe (the gorilla who died)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I don't think his forum account is long for this world.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

hakimashou posted:

Crazy tweaker guy is back whining about t6 connies again

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1219875/t6-connie

ETA:

His reddit thread on the same topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4vfmdi/t6_connie_and_the_kelvin_dreadnought/

Reddit user TR71777 posted:

you not understanding what is said the ships will be gone from the exchange by that time all the ships ive seen has never been seen in the exchange again cause they be all been sold out in the exchange and by that time I be stuck with nothing but crap ive been waiting for yrs for a top tier connie and it gets put in a loving lock box and ya I have a connie but its a T1 connie wow whooptie do a T1 connie I had that since beta testing like that makes anything better
Punctuation must cost more EC.

Aleth posted:

I don't think his forum account is long for this world.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All I was able to decipher was that he was deeply unhappy he didn't have a JJ connie.

The rest was all... I don't know. Not written communication anyway. Unless "blargh" counts.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

TR71777 posted:

I only get 500 Zen a month and yes I have been a lifer since day one since after beta testing like 500 Zen will help any and I am on a fixed income with the VA I doubt I ever will get one or both and I have been selling like a mad man and it still won't come up to the price for both.
So where did he get $3000 he claimed to have spent on boxes?

IPCRESS posted:

On the flip side, you're all set for a redneck wedding.
That's a random guy I saw on ESD, but if I see them again I'll mention that you're looking to get hitched. :kimchi:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
"wow tuff guy you think your just oh holier than thow stfu I did 14 yrs in the army I was deploy 6 times my first duty station Ft Lewis WA second Ft Drum NY the last two FT Hood TX and Ft Bliss TX I was a E7 S.F.C. so you really want to go there and I was a 11B which mean 11 Bravo infantryman and since you think I'm lying better yet I wish I was back in the army but I can't since I got hit in the left foot which ended my career got off you high horse idiot"

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Why doesn't anyone ever want to pretend to be in the Navy and defend the fishing pact? :(

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

A Fancy Bloke posted:

"wow tuff guy you think your just oh holier than thow stfu I did 14 yrs in the army I was deploy 6 times my first duty station Ft Lewis WA second Ft Drum NY the last two FT Hood TX and Ft Bliss TX I was a E7 S.F.C. so you really want to go there and I was a 11B which mean 11 Bravo infantryman and since you think I'm lying better yet I wish I was back in the army but I can't since I got hit in the left foot which ended my career got off you high horse idiot"

''S.F.C'. is literally the only part of that that I have a hard time believing an 11B E-7 wrote.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

Why doesn't anyone ever want to pretend to be in the Navy and defend the fishing pact? :(

Because there are no levels in CS GO where you play a sailor.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No but you see I played Quack Shot and Donald Duck is a sailor.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You need a Platinum Account to view this message. https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4vez7f/that_guy_with_the_ships_you_know_the_one/

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hey so speaking of our favourite veteran, does anybody know if there's a way to flag a friendly NPC as hostile in the Foundry? I have a thing coming soon.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
It's like they have never read, http://www.toptiertactics.com/476/goldengate-the-engineer-update-scandal/

BTW, if you need the next timing code for the JJships, You need a Platinum Account to view this message.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Furiously posted:

It's like they have never read, http://www.toptiertactics.com/476/goldengate-the-engineer-update-scandal/

BTW, if you need the next timing code for the JJships, You need a Platinum Account to view this message.

Fortunately Cryptic is in no way sophisticated enough to come up with something like VAC.

AotC
May 16, 2010

18 Character Limit posted:

Fortunately Cryptic is in no way sophisticated enough to come up with something like VAC.

Oh they have it, but the minute you join You need a Platinum Account to view this message. you get added to the exemption list.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

SKY COQ posted:

Hey so speaking of our favourite veteran, does anybody know if there's a way to flag a friendly NPC as hostile in the Foundry? I have a thing coming soon.
Do you mean that in the way that the Klingon ships in the P'Jem mission go from friendly and unkillable to hostile and killable? Or another way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Soviet Commubot posted:

''S.F.C'. is literally the only part of that that I have a hard time believing an 11B E-7 wrote.

Having been stationed at Ft Bliss, I can tell you from experience that there are E-7s who are fully capable of writing stupid poo poo like that.

• Locked thread