Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Lowkey coolest Weather Report moment was when the Jumping Jack Flash dude goes to punch him, but Weather puts up a cloud barrier. The dude punches through it easily enough, but the speed of the punch + the air resistance of punching through a cloud causes the enemy's arm to catch fire.

I don't know if that checks out factually but hell yea gently caress em up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Weather is criminally underused in Part 6 but whenever he's there, poo poo just gets ridiculous and I love it . He might be OP like a Fugo/Purple Haze, but I appreciate having a weather controlling power that isn't just He Shoots Lightning And It Rains When He's Sad, nah Weather Report fucks with clouds and brings the city of Orlando to its knees with snail rainbows while he's out trying to pick up girls.

Jolyne should have gotten together with Weather instead of Anasui. Anasui is a basic rear end bitch.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
weather is not fabulous enough for jolyne

his stand is really broken even by jjba standards

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Weather Report did nothing wrong.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weather Report is almost 40, and Jolyne is like what 18? So that would be weird but it'd still be better than Annasui.

Annasui only saves Jolyne's life on a marriage promise and Weather asks Jolyne to pee in the clouds he made cause they'll absorb the piss. Weather Report is still a cooler dude.

Even in the Ireneverse, hitchhiking guitar Weather shows up at the last second to cockblock Annasui.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Jolyne should have gotten together with Weather instead of Anasui. Anasui is a basic rear end bitch.

She should date Hermes actually.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

Jolyne, Foo, and Hermes are dating

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

YF-23 posted:

Moravian Rhapsody

Not the name of the stand, i mean all of the Disney characters.

Waffleman_ posted:

I honestly think a lot of the changes will happen in the anime itself and not the subs. There's just so much.

I will be sad for the loss of "That poo poo ain't Disney!"

Me too bud :(

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Frionnel posted:

Not the name of the stand, i mean all of the Disney characters.

it's cool they'll just slap a black shadow on them

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WHERE THE gently caress IS RICKY RAT

Aurora posted:

Emporio Alnino stars in: My Three Moms, a new sitcom coming to Fox this fall.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Aurora posted:

I'm glad that this is canon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funky Valentine posted:

WHERE THE gently caress IS RICKY RAT

Emporio Alnino stars in: My Three Moms, a new sitcom coming to Fox this fall.

Technically My 10,002+ Moms.

Plankton.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Weather Report is almost 40, and Jolyne is like what 18? So that would be weird but it'd still be better than Annasui.
well "Weather Report" as a person only started existing 23 years prior to the start of Stone Ocean, therefore :goonsay:

Also, Bohemian Rhapsody is going to be renamed to Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C-sharp minor by Franz Liszt. That will be the full entire name of the stand.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Annasui is a weird creepo and he literally disassembled his last girlfriend

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Butt Ox posted:

Annasui is a weird creepo and he literally disassembled his last girlfriend

Maybe she did something to deserve it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Maybe she wasn't sure if she was a woman of the land or a woman of the sea

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Is it weird that we root for Kira, a bad hand man, more than Anasui? That feels weird!

no they will not posted:

Maybe she did something to deserve it
Anasui found her cheating on him and then killed both of them.

Also Anasui only got a twelve year sentence for two counts of first degree murder. That also seems weird! Like Weather Report is serving a six year sentence for an attempted murder, what the heck is happening at Green Dolphin Street Jail

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 1, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
must have a hell of a plea bargain

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Moltrey posted:

Is it weird that we root for Kira, a bad hand man, more than Anasui? That feels weird!

Anasui found her cheating on him and then killed both of them.

Also Anasui only got a twelve year sentence for two counts of first degree murder. That also seems weird! Like Weather Report is serving a six year sentence for an attempted murder, what the heck is happening at Green Dolphin Street Jail

He was presumably a minor when it happened, so he got a lesser sentence.

Also Kira is explicitly a bad guy so it's not like the plot tries to make him seem alright.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Momomo posted:

Also Kira is explicitly a bad guy so it's not like the plot tries to make him seem alright.

This is how I feel. Kira rules because he does terrible things and it's awesome to watch him do these things and eventually get completely destroyed because of them.

Annasui is awful and obsesses over Jolyne and for some reason the story paints him like an actual love interest?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

How pissed off do you suppose Kira got at his childhood screening of The Little Mermaid

and Pt 4 Kira is a compelling & interesting villain, so that's why folks tend to be a lot more interested in him than someone who was basically written to be dunked on over and over.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Ox posted:

and for some reason the story paints him like an actual love interest?

Nah, the story pretty regularly shits on every single attempt he makes to flirt with jolyne save maybe a couple where he's just made out to be a creep instead of actively getting screwed over

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Nah, the story pretty regularly shits on every single attempt he makes to flirt with jolyne save maybe a couple where he's just made out to be a creep instead of actively getting screwed over

Up until the part where he dies and they make him and his affections more sympathetic. And then his alt self ends up with alt Jolyne.

I like Annasui more than most people mostly because a lot of his scenes are really funny but he's still handled really strangely and his creepy obsession with the main character is used to treat him as sympathetic.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

annasui is a loving trashbaby and he should have died to save foo fighters, not the other way around

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Up until the part where he dies and they make him and his affections more sympathetic.

What? I don't remember this, I just remember him getting pretty much one-hit and then that was it. Also, anasui =/= annakiss just as jolyne =/= irene

SyntheticPolygon posted:

and his creepy obsession with the main character is used to treat him as sympathetic.

I guess I just never really read it that way given that 90% of the time he goes on one of his little creeper bits, he gets hosed up somehow.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

no they will not posted:

Anyone who can't choose is a goddamn monster imo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder how Annasui would've turned out if Araki kept him a woman. I mean, Jolyne has to have an upper limit with her polygamy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder how Annasui would've turned out if Araki kept him a woman. I mean, Jolyne has to have an upper limit with her polygamy.

PRISON RULES

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Girlsui wants to marry Jolyne, is informed that gay marriage is still not legal in 2011 Florida, responds with "I am in jail for murder, do you think I give a poo poo"

anyway, that's my fanfiction, remember to like and subscribe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Funky Valentine posted:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

So Weather Report can make living beings think they are snails with the power of the sun. That is a hell of an ability

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Frionnel posted:

So Weather Report can make living beings think they are snails with the power of the sun. That is a hell of an ability

Specifically, he can use his power over weather to create rainbows that refract light through them in such a way as to hypnotize all who view the light into believing they are becoming snails

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

This thread keeps mentioning that Weather Report is overpowered, and i thought it was just because of all the applications of "being able to control weather" but holy poo poo i didn't expect that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
More specifically, the light refracted from the rainbows carries subliminal messages that they're turning into a snail to anyone who looks at. These subliminal messages are so so powerful, they actually happen.

look out fools, there's a Heavy Weather Warning in effect

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Frionnel posted:

This thread keeps mentioning that Weather Report is overpowered, and i thought it was just because of all the applications of "being able to control weather" but holy poo poo i didn't expect that.

He can also cut one hell of a music video

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Here's Good Art from an animator of the Part 3 OVA (maybe he was the director?, i totally forget) and the Part 4 anime director

https://twitter.com/hayama11/status/759831492449099776

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/759010196974731266

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

More specifically, the light refracted from the rainbows carries subliminal messages that they're turning into a snail to anyone who looks at. These subliminal messages are so so powerful, they actually happen.

look out fools, there's a Heavy Weather Warning in effect

Whether it is really happening or not is up for debate (and tbh probably doesn't matter), but it is important to note that in addition to believing they are turning into snails, the light also either causes them to believe that creatures that eat snails are feasting on them or the light hypnotizes said creates to start attempting to eat humans by seeing them as snails. I'm not sure which.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Isn't there also a thing where if you touch a rainbow, your whole body just disintegrates into snails, but if you just see one you slowly transform into a person-sized snail?

Heavy Weather is one of the most bizarre powers in a part that gives it a lot of stiff competition.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I remember one time when Heavy Weather first starts, the entire back of some dude's head explodes and snail eggs start falling out, I don't remember that ever happening again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Here's Good Art from an animator of the Part 3 OVA (maybe he was the director?, i totally forget) and the Part 4 anime director

https://twitter.com/hayama11/status/759831492449099776

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/759010196974731266

It's a rare thing when Reimi is the less cute pink thing in a post