Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think you have to decay quite a bit to get dropped out of plat but its still possible afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Honestly dude just play the one token game a month, it's not that bad. I did it for the last two seasons because I couldn't be bothered to give a poo poo, but I'm pretty sure that inactivity will demote you out of any tier. Or maybe Gold back down to Silver and Silver to Bronze was the exception.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

The report system has always punished a very small percent of the players. I'm not sure what the exact amount was/is, but I doubt it's higher than 3. If you're saying Lyte was no where nearly aggressive enough in punishing players, then yeah, I agree completely The thing is, I'm not certain he actually had control over what portion of the players got certain punishments. My biggest beef with Lyte is that I'm not sure what he did besides putting in the word filter in the two or three years he was in his position.

i wish people would stop taking this game so seriously. like, we are playing a game where a giant horror beyond space in time faces off against a dude throwing explosive water balloons to see who can push down another persons tower first by punching it over and over. this game is loving stupid. just learn to laugh off the dumb rear end trash talk and take losses, you will have a 1000x better experience and suddenly toxicity will go all the way down since most toxicity is just salty players bringing rage from one game into the next, or that rat bastard son of a bitch general anime

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I followed about fifteen words of the above but yeah, you kinda just have to accept that shittalking, slurs, and that kinda thing just happen in games and it's not magically restricted to MOBAs or League or DotA or whatever. If anything, laugh that you got them to get that angry, report them, and go on with the day. You're never gonna see those folks again unless you smash that requeue button as hard as you can after the game ends.

Though there's nothing wrong with taking the game at least a little seriously if you play it frequently--nothing wrong with getting better or wanting to improve if you invest time in the game, imho

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 31, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like bigger companies than riot (with more competent people working for them) have been trying to solve the issue of "everyone flames the poo poo out of everyone online" whether its a comment page on a blog about funny cat pics or a 5v5 fantasy fighting game and pretty much the only good solution anyone seems to have found is the nuclear one.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I followed about fifteen words of the above but yeah, you kinda just have to accept that shittalking, slurs, and that kinda thing just happen in games and it's not magically restricted to MOBAs or League or DotA or whatever. If anything, laugh that you got them to get that angry, report them, and go on with the day. You're never gonna see those folks again unless you're very very high up in MMR which nobody in here is near.

Though there's nothing wrong with taking the game at least a little seriously if you play it frequently--nothing wrong with getting better or wanting to improve if you invest time in the game, imho

wanting to improve and win in a game is one thing, thinking that you are some sort of legend at the game and therefore above losing when even the best players have like 60% winrates is another. at some point you just have to learn to laugh losing off and enjoy the game for what it is because these people who only care about winning and being ~the best~ are going to eat poo poo and tilt straight into hell

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Still hold they were onto something with the ribbons and the free skin for people that weren't assholes at the end of the year. Those were pleasant times, honestly.

pog boyfriend posted:

wanting to improve and win in a game is one thing, thinking that you are some sort of legend at the game and therefore above losing when even the best players have like 60% winrates is another. at some point you just have to learn to laugh losing off and enjoy the game for what it is because these people who only care about winning and being ~the best~ are going to eat poo poo and tilt straight into hell

Oh yeah, I agree with you on that front sure. Like if you're winning 50% of your games, you're pretty much doing things right. Losing definitely happens and anyone that thinks they're the best definitely ain't the best.

I dunno though if anyone's made that claim in the thread however that they're the best but THEIR TEAM is holding them up. I'd like to think everyone in here is at least a bit humble about that

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 31, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

real talk the conspiracies about riot lyte in this thread are my favorite non chumbler / non gowby fiddlesticks thing

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 31, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I must confess there has been no Chumbler to my Yang since he left to complain about balance in HotS and Overwatch

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I hear Lyte never actually left Riot and is still rebuilding the tribunal behind the scenes :tinfoil:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i read somewhere recently that people who want to learn to play more consistently really are thinking their absolute top level of play is their actual skill level, so i think that's why people get so upset about their team. people believe they should be having their best possible game all the time and thats unrealistic and causes a lot of problems

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bholder posted:

Are we seriously back to the loving conspiracy theories about toxicity? Can't we go back when you guys complained about how people feel "fake nice" because everybody is so afraid of being banned for saying the wrong word, due to the martial law Lyte created in LoL. At least that was funny.

i guess since you asked nicely, i'm being fake nice right now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

"reports are nowhere near punishing enough"

Meanwhile in an alternate dimension people are bitching how they literally cannot say anything on chat and are forced to use pings, even those sparingly, because everything can be considered offensive to someone and a single report can permaban you.

reports don't do enough when i get mad at someone else, but reports are bullshit and overly harsh when i get banned for calling people faggots

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Endorph posted:

reports don't do enough when i get mad at someone else, but reports are bullshit and overly harsh when i get banned for calling people faggots

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Speaking of reports, is there a way to legitimately report somebody for getting boosted? Like, you can look at his winrate and he was lovely for ages, ended Season 4 and Season 5 in bronze, then all of a sudden SPAMS ranked with an incredibly high win rate and gets to gold 5 in a week, while getting stomped in normals.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Coca Koala posted:

Speaking of reports, is there a way to legitimately report somebody for getting boosted? Like, you can look at his winrate and he was lovely for ages, ended Season 4 and Season 5 in bronze, then all of a sudden SPAMS ranked with an incredibly high win rate and gets to gold 5 in a week, while getting stomped in normals.
You used to be able to send an email directly to player support with proof, and usually they'd look into it. Their biggest thing was just finding Elo Boosters and then just banning all accounts they played on from that IP address so a lot of people got banned at the same time. I have no idea what they do now, but I think the only support-based in-house they do is Player Behavior and everyone else works through a different company in Seattle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coca Koala posted:

post it on reddit and he'll be banned in 24 hours

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In brighter news, with Kled we now have four heroes with skillshot hooks to yank enemies all up around the joint. Alistar is a great 5th compliment but it's just not the same.

Not entirely sure how a ranged ADC that makes an enemy get closer would work though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Not entirely sure how a ranged ADC that makes an enemy get closer would work though.
teemo

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Endorph posted:

just mute the enemy team at the start of every game and then mute your teammates whenever they say anything that isn't 'kogmaw no f'

This, except your own team first and enemy team if they get annoying.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I haven't had all chat on since they gave you the option to disable it. It's totally useless. I don't want to interact with any of the gently caress sticks on the other team and I barely want to with the ones on my own.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

all chat is an important part of game for saying "worth" or calling out the enemy top laner for having no honour and running from your fights to the death

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Champion.gg has finally finished aggregating the 6.15 data. Newsflash: Ryze is still poo poo.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

pog boyfriend posted:

all chat is an important part of game for saying "worth" or calling out the enemy top laner for having no honour and running from your fights to the death

isn't this what mastery emote is for

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but what about all the people not looking at you when you emote

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah but what about all the people not looking at you when you emote

why would i care about the people who aren't in my game

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

The report system has always punished a very small percent of the players. I'm not sure what the exact amount was/is, but I doubt it's higher than 3. If you're saying Lyte was no where nearly aggressive enough in punishing players, then yeah, I agree completely The thing is, I'm not certain he actually had control over what portion of the players got certain punishments. My biggest beef with Lyte is that I'm not sure what he did besides putting in the word filter in the two or three years he was in his position.

I just want the system to take ragequitters half a seriously as they take people who say a naughty word reserved for adult use only.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Aumanor posted:

Champion.gg has finally finished aggregating the 6.15 data. Newsflash: Ryze is still poo poo.

i'm here to post the exact opposite: new ryze is really good

in a few months when he gets played again possibly because of item changes or small buffs or meta shift i can quote this post to prove my superiority.

Zero The Hero posted:

I just want the system to take ragequitters half a seriously as they take people who say a naughty word reserved for adult use only.

the system i think has been really good overall in reducing the amount of ragequits and Run Down Lane Feeds feat. Double Swords. instead now you get them complaining and calling people bad words since they can't leave the game

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ryze has already made LCS appearances so im already inclined to believe hes ok

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

new ryze is really strong but his ult demands coordination even more than tahm kench's - tahm kench is a big fat dude so him teleporting himself wherever usually works out okay even if nobody comes with him, but if ryze shoots himself into the enemy team he dies immediately - and his button spam playstyle is incredibly complicated and convoluted. Yeah, you do okay damage just mashing, but so does every other mage and they all have actual combat ults.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

general anime posted:

bjergsen is the best mid. doublelift is the best adc in the world. not realy sure who is going to stop them

I've got to agree with General Anime on this one.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Ryze is probably an Azir kind of situation where only the most experienced players do well on him and the non-mains and pros are going to feed like idiots because of it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

new ryze is really strong but his ult demands coordination even more than tahm kench's - tahm kench is a big fat dude so him teleporting himself wherever usually works out okay even if nobody comes with him, but if ryze shoots himself into the enemy team he dies immediately - and his button spam playstyle is incredibly complicated and convoluted. Yeah, you do okay damage just mashing, but so does every other mage and they all have actual combat ults.

they need to get good, like me. i am good

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

How Rude posted:

Ryze is probably an Azir kind of situation where only the most experienced players do well on him and the non-mains and pros are going to feed like idiots because of it

Yeah, his ult alone makes him crazy dangerous if his team is even a little bit coordinated.

Though I will say it's pretty fun to play as veigar into the match up, especially when they are dumb enough to use their port right next to you while you have everything up.

I imagine there is going to be at least one pro instance of someone trying to do that to a viktor and its going to be the best thing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I wouldn't really call his combos convoluted; he just has two spells to spam instead of one now, and the E needs to be spammed before the Q.

I've yet to see a single Ryze pull off the ult-zhonyas trick to instantly escape a gank (or an entire team from a poor dragon/baron attempt). I imagine he'll start doing better once people stop treating the ult as a better version of Tahm's.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's pretty funny how many of the competitive power picks right now in mid-lane are pants-shittingly terrible in solo queue.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've had new Ryze make some amazing group tps into the dragon pit to ruin the lives of the other team

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

It's pretty funny how many of the competitive power picks right now in mid-lane are pants-shittingly terrible in solo queue.

I bet corki is a priority pick with first blood towers and that he'll still have garbage stats in solo queue

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Looks like the malz nerfs had an unattended effect. Now that his passive is nerfed to the point that it is going to be much harder for him to trade with ranged, his top winrate is much higher than his mid winrate according to champion.gg.
Makes sense. He can still kite and play keep away with melee/tanks, and his passive is good enough to stop an initial cc from a jg gank even if nothing else. Since malz is really strong late and probably wants to spend a lot of time farming early anyways, top lane is probably a natural fit for the champ. Only thing that sucks is you'll be farther from dragon (since his minions are still op against monsters) but I suppose that's what tp is for.

So yeah. Malz might be a toplaner now. It makes a lot more sense than playing him mid at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

farther from the dragon, but still close to good buff

• Locked thread