Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'd rather people play what they like because Overwatch is a video game and therefore which character people pick is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Nah I guess that's not entirely true, but only if it's Hanzo, Ana's cool.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kai Tave posted:

Nah I guess that's not entirely true, but only if it's Hanzo, Ana's cool.

Let the dragon consume it's way into our hearts. Amen.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Even hating Hanzo has sort of become a joke that's run itself into the ground at this point, I don't even find myself running into super slampick Hanzo mains in quickplay much anymore. Everyone still loves Genji but that's to be expected.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think people are coming to terms with the fact that Hanzo is a) Hard To Play and b) Bad.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

I'd rather people play what they like because Overwatch is a video game and therefore which character people pick is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

I want people to pick what I like.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

If the heal snipers ultra were that health packs on the map passively spawned 1% faster she would be a better hero

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I had an SSD and had no idea it makes you able to pick heroes first. Should've been first picking poo poo that isn't a healer all this time

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

strong bird posted:

I want people to pick what I like.

Let me tell you about bot games, friend.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Bots are categorically not people.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

strong bird posted:

Wow, racist much?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Even hating Hanzo has sort of become a joke that's run itself into the ground at this point, I don't even find myself running into super slampick Hanzo mains in quickplay much anymore. Everyone still loves Genji but that's to be expected.

I had a comp match earlier where the first 5 picks on my team were Zen, Mercy, Genji, S76, Roadhog. When the 6th player chose Hanzo I wanted to just leave right then (someone on the enemy team left, thank god).

I played with a decent Ana player tonight, but I would still prefer every match to have double support Zen/Lucio.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hanzo isn't that difficult to play if you completely ignore the top reticule and focus on the middle one.

Place the middle on the neck/upper body depending on range and you will score a headshot 100% of the time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not gonna complain about ana in comp unless we already have 2 supports. I will always be very sad to see someone pick hanzo tho; that's never something I want on my team

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

strong bird posted:

You must be right at home playing Zarya, Torbjorn, and Junkrat.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

What

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I think that's a reference to the lore, characters being pro or anti robocop.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
yeah those are the standout robo-racists

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Tobjorn is also a full on rapist

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

redweird posted:

Tobjorn is also a full on rapist

I gotta read these comics! But really, could you explain on that? Unless that's the joke.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

He says some real creepy poo poo to female cast members. It's pure conjecture that he is a rapist but i don't reckon it's too far off the mark

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

redweird posted:

He says some real creepy poo poo to female cast members.

Like what? All I remember is him asking Dva if he could use her mech suit.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
To be fair, Torb is an engineer who evidently has very poor social skills and is naturally drawn towards cadgets. Tracer has some sort of time rewinding thing embedded in her chest, Mei's robot buddy is tiny but also very versatile and somewhat autonomous it seems, and Meka is a goddamn walking tank with defense matrix and rocket boosters. Who wouldn't want to take a closer look at those?

Balance things out by Torb making awkward comments towards Genji.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty sure Roadhog is anti robbit as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

congrats to redweird for the worst comments in the thread thus far

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Torbjorn is an MRA

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

It's me. I'm the open palm slam pick instant lock Ana in quick play. Ana is good, pubbies are just bad.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Met a team with an Ana and a lucio in a comp match and it was horrible. A charged reinhardt is a beast.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What kind of chill guy uses the word "trigger" like a teenage channer

This is exactly why your kind needs to be segregated into a bot server.

Whoa there

bear is driving! posted:

many of the 200 health characters can die in one shot from Pharas/McCrees/others?
nope

pakman posted:

It's me. I'm the open palm slam pick instant lock Ana in quick play. Ana is good, pubbies are just bad.
I watched a stream last night where the streamer's buddy cried nonstop through an entire Dorado map for one of his teammates to switch from Ana to Lucio. the whole time the streamer's buddy was on Zenyatta. I can think of a quick way for you to get a lucio in your team if you want one so badly!

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 1, 2016

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Had a guy whining on Mic for an entire minute because I was playing Ana on Kings Row offense in competitive. I proceeded to tell him his "sperg level was too intense." And he shut up immediately. Then we steamrolled the enemy team with an overcharged Reinhardt.

I played against him in the next comp match and pushed his poo poo in with some lovely Roadhog hooks.

This was before the attack speed buff. She's a good class, but you HAVE to be a good Widowmaker player already to play her, then you have to be good at Hanzo/Torbjorn to excel with her.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is Battle.net down for anyone else?

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Had a guy whining on Mic for an entire minute because I was playing Ana on Kings Row offense

:catstare: But don't The Pros(TM) consider Ana best when played on offense on payload maps?

Oh well, I was told to get off 76 in competitive because "he sucks on defense" once. The mid-50s are weird when you're trying to claw your way out of them.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

exquisite tea posted:

yup :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LordZoric posted:

:catstare: But don't The Pros(TM) consider Ana best when played on offense on payload maps?

Why do you think that the people who bitch about inane things know anything about what's actually good?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I haven't played competitive since i did my placement matches.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

Why do you think that the people who bitch about inane things know anything about what's actually good?

I don't know about you, but I am really good at Overwatch and all other video games also, so whatever my experiences are must reflect the top level of competitive play, such that you'd be an idiot not to agree with me.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Nope just you

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Playing with people you know and don't like at all (but your friends do) has to be the worst poo poo in the game. If I don't play 1 of reaper/76/pharah, we are guaranteed a loss. :argh:

the worst bit is that he unironically thinks hitler was justified because he "improved the german economy vastly"don't mention the genocide or the looting of jewish wealth. Also "logic rules over all", a literal autistic robot.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Playing with people you know and don't like at all (but your friends do) has to be the worst poo poo in the game. If I don't play 1 of reaper/76/pharah, we are guaranteed a loss. :argh:

the worst bit is that he unironically thinks hitler was justified because he "improved the german economy vastly"don't mention the genocide or the looting of jewish wealth. Also "logic rules over all", a literal autistic robot.

lmfao so make fun of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I do. I'm not even sure my friends like him, I'm fairly sure they tolerate his presence because he went to primary school with them and no one else will have him. My friends are too nice.