Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Finally at 40 wins...all downhill from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Finally at 40 wins...all downhill from here.

Currently grinding and hit over 50 wins this morning, this is BY FAR the most wins I've ever had in a WT. Usually I'll stretch to hit 30. I'll almost always hit Beerus Tier and then peter out when the rewards start going by 10's.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just think, now you have 3 chances for duplicate SSRs if you get to 80 wins!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

When I get 80 wins.

I keep getting hosed because my WT team isn't the first team in my line up, that team is my Hero Extermination Team which has maybe 1 set of links between a few character and is horrible to play. The game randomly decides to no longer remember that I want the second team, not the first, and I'm so conditions to just hit Start, I never notice that the game screwed up until I'm in the preliminarys. So I have to win the Prelims and then retire, as it's SO much quicker to play with my actual Gogeta team instead. :sigh:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Echophonic posted:

This is a new account it's fine I'm going to get SSJ Gotenks LAL AL A LA AL ALAL A

Also, running a solely ki support Broly team is stupid but more fun than it has any right to be. Broly lead with Kibito Kai, Supreme Kai, Launch, the new Bulma, and PHY SSJ Broly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

When I get 80 wins.

I keep getting hosed because my WT team isn't the first team in my line up, that team is my Hero Extermination Team which has maybe 1 set of links between a few character and is horrible to play. The game randomly decides to no longer remember that I want the second team, not the first, and I'm so conditions to just hit Start, I never notice that the game screwed up until I'm in the preliminarys. So I have to win the Prelims and then retire, as it's SO much quicker to play with my actual Gogeta team instead. :sigh:

why don't you just switch where your teams are?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Drowning Rabbit posted:

When I get 80 wins.

Change a member on your WT Team, then change it back, and it should show up as the default when you start the world tournament. Or at least that how it works on mine.

So do you really only got 4 silver SSR tickets from the prizes? That's the way it seems when I'm reading the price payouts.

My goal is to hit 80 wins today. I'm at 56 right now (from 34 at the start), so hopefully I can get it done.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm at 43. I'm going to play most of the day (while doing other things), but I don't think I'll have a problem hitting 80 in the next 58 hours.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm up to 70 wins now. This is pretty crazy considering usually I maybe will get 20 during other tournaments.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
42 here. Hoping to grind it through the next day or so.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Got to 80 wins, and got 2 Dupe SSR's (STR Android 17 and STR Goten). Getting 46 wins in a day was rough, but I don't think I'll much time to play on Monday or Tuesday, so I wanted to make sure I hit 80 before then.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Now that I'm nearing 80 wins, I'm starting to notice that I think I am fighting the same 3 teams over and over the preliminary round. Maybe normally this could just be coincidence since a lot of people may run similar teams, but I have seen this same team from a user named Felix with an Android 18 leader almost every time except when a special team is in.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I think by the end of this WT, you have to be around 100 wins to be under 10000 ranking. I am almost 60 wins now and not under 10000 in ranking. I remember the early WT which 60 wins TOTAL was enough to get you in the sub 5000s.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There's no way I'm getting super far with this being less than a month since I started playing but I'm doing well in the WT I think. That said...wow, this gives a lot of SS Gokus, and I'm running out of space, are they useful or should I feed them to my other SS Gokus?

To clarify, I have:
-SSR/AGL (now UR) All-Out Charge
-SSR/TEQ Limitless Strength
-SR/PHY (now SSR) White Hot Face-Off

and a bunch of SSR/TEQ Deadly Awakening from the tournament which I'm not sure if to use or feed to other Gokus.

Also I have a bunch of Satan statues I can't get, I wish the game let you get gifts one at a time when they're of the same kind so I could just sell them already.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 1, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Alright 80 wins! Time to see what SSRs I get..... oh a second SSR INT Android 13.... oh a second SSR INT Android 18... oh...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hit 60 wins before bed. Using leftover SSR tickets plus the silvers I just got, I got my 4th Weight of Hope Goku. There are definitely worse dupes out there.

And yeah, I absolutely see the same teams over and over. I can only assume there's either a matchmaking bug or they're just playing at the same rate I am.

At any rate, I'm in the 9000s right now but fully expect to end in the top 20k rather than top 10k, but I'll take it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm at 42. Wasn't really able to make a decent pace today. I'll hopefully be able to recover a bit and get my 80 in.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Once I hit Beerus tier, I always see the same teams. Ground out to 80 wins today, started at about 30 and finished up just now. I had some Silver tickets before so I pulled the SSR gatcha 3 times. Str Evil Buu, Teq Whis, and a duplicate Int teen Gohan.
Not bad really.

At 80 wins, I'm in the high 4K right now.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Finally hit 80. Got the new Kami and Teq Demon King Piccolo from Dragon Ball tickets, got a dupe Majin Vegeta and a Str SSG Goku from the GSSR tickets. Sure as hell beats two
Phy Super Trunks!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

If you get any SR TEQ SSJ Gotens or SR INT SSJ Trunks - hold on to them! They can dokkan into SSJ Gotenks in the SSJ3 Gotenks Dokkanfest.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aurora posted:

If you get any SR TEQ SSJ Gotens or SR INT SSJ Trunks - hold on to them! They can dokkan into SSJ Gotenks in the SSJ3 Gotenks Dokkanfest.

Are these the ones that have been out for a few months, where it's Goten or Trunks flying with the other one as the background? If so, that's awesome - I've had them both at SA10 for ages.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aurora posted:

Neat! That INT Trunks is my current team captain. Do you know when that event will start?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Are these the ones that have been out for a few months, where it's Goten or Trunks flying with the other one as the background? If so, that's awesome - I've had them both at SA10 for ages.

Yeah, it's those ones.

Finally hit 80 wins. Time to see what I get...

Beerus and SSJ3 Vegeta! :toot:

Wonder what I'll get from the silver tickets :v:

e:

projecthalaxy posted:

Neat! That INT Trunks is my current team captain. Do you know when that event will start?

This is gonna be months down the line at this point, depending on how much they try to catch us up to JP. We've still got Ultimate Gohan, Beerus, SSJ3 Vegeta, and Super Vegito before it gets here.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 1, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm at 62 with a nearly clear schedule at work. Should hit 80 this evening. Can't imagine who I actually want from the SSR pool at the moment, but I'm sure I'm going to get something ultra disappointing like Majuub and that AGL SSJ2 Vegeta the game loves to give me over and over.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

This is gonna be months down the line at this point, depending on how much they try to catch us up to JP. We've still got Ultimate Gohan, Beerus, SSJ3 Vegeta, and Super Vegito before it gets here.

Wait, what Beerus gets a Dokkan?

Also they were dropping those Trunks/Goten like hot fire on me. I haven't gotten them to SA 10, but I believe both are already at the very least 5.

Can't wait to get at least 2 elder kais to upgrade my Gogeta to SA 9 though :D

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Wait, what Beerus gets a Dokkan?

Also they were dropping those Trunks/Goten like hot fire on me. I haven't gotten them to SA 10, but I believe both are already at the very least 5.

Can't wait to get at least 2 elder kais to upgrade my Gogeta to SA 9 though :D
STR SSR and TEQ SR Beerus get the Dokkan Awakening, as well as another new TEQ SSR.

Good to hear about Gotenks though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aurora posted:

Oh, I didn't realize it was that delayed. Oh well, I don't have any of those cards you mentioned so maybe I can get them in the meantime. Also I'm kinda jealous of all of you, I have 9 tournament wins, not 80 or a billion or all your scores. Oh well, not bad for essentially a five day old account I suppose.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh, I didn't realize it was that delayed. Oh well, I don't have any of those cards you mentioned so maybe I can get them in the meantime. Also I'm kinda jealous of all of you, I have 9 tournament wins, not 80 or a billion or all your scores. Oh well, not bad for essentially a five day old account I suppose.

A Dokkan-Awakend Broly team can clear the entire tournament in about 5 minutes. Less if they let you turn off Super animations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

A Dokkan-Awakend Broly team can clear the entire tournament in about 5 minutes. Less if they let you turn off Super animations.

Is there a way to shut off animations? All I can find is the one battery saver option in settings

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Did the 30 stone pull and got TEQ Vegito and Uub, not bad.

Though I'm not sure which Vegito is better since I have both now? But it sure doesn't hurt future monocolor team stuff.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

the_steve posted:

Is there a way to shut off animations? All I can find is the one battery saver option in settings

No unfortunately. The Broly SA animation is entertaining at first, but after the 300th time it starts to get a little stale.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

No unfortunately. The Broly SA animation is entertaining at first, but after the 300th time it starts to get a little stale.

Indeed. I'm pretty well sick of looking at my entire team at this point. I don't have Broly, but Double Gogeta is stale as hell too.

Hell, I run my Dragonball team through a random story dungeon every once in awhile just as a palate cleanser.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

Getting a WT win down to 5 minutes is sickening to me. The WT takes upwards of 15-20 at least for me with a shocking speed team that can one shot even weak match ups most times. :(

the_steve posted:

Indeed. I'm pretty well sick of looking at my entire team at this point. I don't have Broly, but Double Gogeta is stale as hell too.

Hell, I run my Dragonball team through a random story dungeon every once in awhile just as a palate cleanser.

If I'm not grinding something important, I'll simply use a group of random characters that I need to level up and use those to beat the daily grinders. Obviously training in the clouds with random dudes, and then usually I'll grind on some medal stages. I still need to grind the poo poo out of PHY medals due to getting those extra PHY Kid Goku, and now I have at least the Supreme Kai of Time that needs Mutaito medals :(

At this point though I'm kind of waiting on the tournament rewards, which should give me 10-20 of them.

I regret a little bit using a stone to get my last 20 Sta final done last night instead of waiting on stamina. Then simply doing training in the clouds once, and the Z-Hard Phy Awakening medals. Then I just turned off my iPad for the night with almost full stamina... such a waste of a stone =\

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 1, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Though I'm not sure which Vegito is better since I have both now? But it sure doesn't hurt future monocolor team stuff.

I think INT is a little better, but that might be confirmation bias because I have tons of good TEQ cards and very few top-tier INT ones.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
If this game would let you turn off or simplify or massively speed up the following animations, this game would be much beareable to grind.

-Attack/Super animations
-Item selection animation (the one they show what item you used)
-Capsule/Item/damage received animation (on the gameboard when you walk around)

Skttrbrain
Apr 6, 2008

How long does the account recovery take?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got to 60 wins. Had a residual ticket, so I took my silver SSR pull. Got a dupe INT Vegito. Not bad, but you want something new, y'know? Just have to get 20 more in between tonight and tomorrow for two more shots at dupe SSRs.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skttrbrain posted:

How long does the account recovery take?

I'm not sure how long it takes usually, but I would think that it shouldn't take that long. Purely assuming here, but I know people have called in about it before and had it done quickly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Got to 80 wins. Pulled a dupe AGL Buu and the dokkanable TEQ Vegeta.

Used my silver tickets to pull a STR SSG Vegeta. So that's cool I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

God drat, I actually have a really good mono STR team now.

Gogeta lead, Broly, SSG Goku, Beerus, SSJ GT Goku. I put the new Bulma in the last slot for more ki and I think it works out. I could slot the 17 I have in there but he wouldn't link that well and isn't that great besides.