Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, looks like the fourth head is a little dragon dude.

Also I hope there's lots of double battles so I can run a pair of Sandslashes, one of each.

Also also Sandshrew's little hood :3:

The Internet is going to explode with Alola form ideas. I'm going to try to resist but Magmar and Electabuzz and loving Snorlax please. A badass ninja Snorlax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

less laughter posted:

Why is that mantis pure Grass and not part Bug tho

It's a flower imitating a bug instead of the other way around.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

McDragon posted:

Magmar and Electabuzz and loving Snorlax please. A badass ninja Snorlax

magmar is perfect as is, thank you

but the others would rule, yeah

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Come on Steel/Flying Alola Farfetch'd! I don't care that it'd make no sense for it to grow Samurai armour in Hawaii but I want my Samurai Duck.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Finally after 20 years I can have me one of these:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Now I want a svelte island Snorlax or an even fatter island Snorlax

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
a tanned snorlax with kukui nut lei

normal/grass

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
I am so disappointed the ring was not for pokemon fusion

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

formes and variations are my favorite pokemon thing so this is my gen, for me

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i wonder if the z-dances are one per type, so grass dance would always be bloom doom, or if different evo lines got different attacks (like idk rowlet gets bloom doom, but tropius gets Lawn Mower or something)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Now I want a svelte island Snorlax or an even fatter island Snorlax

Snhurley

Normal/Psychic

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Alola Sandshrew is my friend.

Are these going to have the same moveset as the original forms and their movesets revamped? Because if Alola Vulpix could learn Flamethrower or normal Vulpix Ice Beam, etc. that could be pretty significant.

Wrassler Cat/Dark Zootopia Tiger also turned me around on Litten completely.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Gumshoos, pure Normal type with the ability Stakeout/Strong Jaw. Instead of prowling for prey, Gumshoos waits on its targets usual routes and strikes from there. It can be very patient and wait for food for days at a time.

Mudbray, pure Ground type with the ability Own Tempo/Stamina. Used to be found all over the world, but was hunted to near extinction. Can only be found in the wild in Alola. Loves the mud and becomes easier to control when happy.

Minior, Rock/Flying type with the new ability Shields Down. Its shield gives it greater defensive capabilities and protection from status effects, but when it reaches half health, the shield crumbles and its revealed form is better suited for attacking. It has four different colours depending on what debris it absorbed and you won't know what it is until the shield breaks. Formed in the stratosphere, it falls to Earth when it becomes too heavy.

Formantis, pure Grass type with the ability Leaf Guard. A nocturnal Pokemon that absorbs sunlight while it sleeps to unleash powerful attacks if need be. It requires a lot of photosynthesis to evolve and attacks fiercely to get it.

Lurantis, pure Grass type with the ability Leaf Guard. Has a new move, Solar Blade, which absorbs energy on the first turn and then slices with enough power to break a rock in two. It's the Totem Pokemon of the Lush Jungle trial on Akala Island. It lures in foes with its aroma and beauty, before striking. It must be kept well groomed and does not much care for lazy trainers that can't care for it.

Oricorio is a new bird found on all four islands and changes typing and looks when it sips on the nectar of certain flowers. It has the new ability Dancer, which copies dancing moves opponents have used, letting Oricorio using them directly after them. It has a new move, Revelation Dance, that changes typing to match the primary typing of the unique style.

Going clockwise, we have Baile Style, making Oricorio Fire/Flying. It's very passionate and fills its body with a fiery energy when it dances to unleash on opponents. Pom-Pom Style turns Oricorio Electric/Flying. It is very friendly towards people and dances with an electrifying energy to cheer people up.

Pa'u style turns Oricorio Psychic/Flying. It goes at its own pace and sharpens its psychic ability and spiritual power through dance. Finally, we have Sensu Style, which turns Oricorio Ghost/Flying. It is quiet and collected, using its dancing to draw in wayward spirits to fight. Those from Kanto prefer this bird as its dance reminds them of their homeland.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 1, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tierno was one generation too early, dancing bird would have been perfect for him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like Sandshrew's new igloo coat.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

McDragon posted:

The Internet is going to explode with Alola form ideas. I'm going to try to resist but Magmar and Electabuzz and loving Snorlax please. A badass ninja Snorlax

There's a romhack that features "delta Pokémon" which is essentially this idea. Some include a Koffing that spews thunderclouds and a Muk made of sand.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

everything about this gen is amazing

except the starter evolutions

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

Mudbray, pure Ground type with the ability Own Tempo/Stamina. Used to be found all over the world, but was hunted to near extinction.

How rude

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The true face of despair

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Man, getting all that info together took its time and I still haven't talked about the new Trail Masters, or the Kahunas, or the Totem Pokemon, or the Z Rings, or the Z Moves.

Gaaaaaaaaaaah. By the time I finish this drat OP, they'll release even more info!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TWIST FIST posted:

everything about this gen is amazing

except the starter evolutions

Game Freak had to make the starter evos lovely in order to not make this game so perfect that it would trigger Armageddon

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I hope Mega Evolution isn't gone. Some were garbage but on the whole I thought it was a cool idea.

Maybe we are forced to pick between the z ring and mega ring? That would be a pretty disproportionate choice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if those are the real starter evos how could anyone hate them, that owl is a legit loving sniper assassin

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Exeggcutor looks so happy at being tall.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

Poké Ride
In the Alola region, certain Pokémon help people reach places that are not accessible using human strength alone. This practice of traveling on Ride Pokémon is typical of the culture of the Alola region, where humans and Pokémon are closely bound together. These Pokémon do not join the player’s team, but they can be called upon anytime for help.

I can't believe they got rid of HMs.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wonder if the bird forms are switchable or it just depends where you get one. The mention of nectar sipping makes me think you could get it as items, or maybe it could work like Rotom or Furfrou.

gosh, I can't get enough of that bird, it is the best

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Zodack posted:

I hope Mega Evolution isn't gone. Some were garbage but on the whole I thought it was a cool idea.

Maybe we are forced to pick between the z ring and mega ring? That would be a pretty disproportionate choice.

The official website mentions that a Pokemon has to hold a Z-Crystal in order to use the move, so yeah, you'll have to choose between them and Mega Evolution (if it isn't gone entirely).

Also, more info coming next week:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/760113014993453056

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my team is now 4 oricorios, rowlet and ice sandslash

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Finally some new info, this news drought is excruciating

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Starters own, y'all are nuts.

The Litleo wrassler reminds me of Kumatetsu from The Boy and the Beast which you should all watch.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Reinanigans posted:

Starters own, y'all are nuts.

Agreed, they'll fill up my PC very nicely and leave more room for the good gen VII designs on my team.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The starter evos look fine to me, they're just a bit disappointing compared to how great the base forms are.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Rowlett's evo owns, which is all that matters

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

Captain Kiawe’s expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon, and together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region.

Hmmmm

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rowlett and owltair both own in different ways, nyandre the giant and the mermaid are both way better than litleo and popplio

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

fire-dancer marowak confirmed

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

While it would be nice to have a quadruped Fire starter for the first time ever, Game Freak needs to break free from its shackles one chain at a time. Two steps forwards, one step back has always been their mantra.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

McDragon posted:

The starter evos look fine to me, they're just a bit disappointing compared to how great the base forms are.

seems like people instantly dismiss potential leaks as "fake and bad" which creates a disconnect when they are revealed to be "true and good"

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Yesssssss

It begs the question of whether the Alola forms will all be from Kanto. There are already so many references to the originals plus the whole Pokémon 20 thing is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a snowy vulpix are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread