Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

snowy vulpix snipe!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no new eeveelutions this gen... except vaporeon is steel, jolteon is dragon, and flareon is fire/rock

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
In order to survive on Alola, Eevee adapted itself and has now acquired every single Type that has been currently discovered

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

flareon is fire/rock

i don't know if this would be an improvement or not, one the one hand lol 4x weakness to water, on the other flareon needs help badly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
mermaid popplio looks dumb

I wanted a clown

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zodack posted:

Yesssssss

It begs the question of whether the Alola forms will all be from Kanto. There are already so many references to the originals plus the whole Pokémon 20 thing is going on.

Fairy/Steel Chansey incoming.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I wonder how the new Formes are going to work? Like will it be all Vulpix in Alola, just ones you catch there, will you be able to change forme etc? Also movepools and pokedex.

They look really cool though, and I will be glad my bro Sandshrew and I can take on the world (even if Ice/Steel is a hilariously bad typing, 4x weakness to both Fire and Fighting is lol)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Rafza posted:

i don't know if this would be an improvement or not, one the one hand lol 4x weakness to water, on the other flareon needs help badly

in every time, in every place, the fates of flareon remain the same

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

I wonder how the new Formes are going to work? Like will it be all Vulpix in Alola, just ones you catch there, will you be able to change forme etc? Also movepools and pokedex.

They look really cool though, and I will be glad my bro Sandshrew and I can take on the world (even if Ice/Steel is a hilariously bad typing, 4x weakness to both Fire and Fighting is lol)

deerling passes down its season color in gen vi so i'm guessing aloha forme monsters pass down their formes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

In order to survive on Alola, Eevee adapted itself and has now acquired every single Type that has been currently discovered

you have it backwards, alola is a predator-free environment so it's just that you won't get flying-type eevee until next generation

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Zore posted:

Comes across to me as a genetic difference. So, Alola caught and raised will always be Alola, elsewhere will be their thing. Might as well treat them as functionally separate Pokémon.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

in every time, in every place, the fates of flareon remain the same

nooooooo

i sincerely hope wrestlercat gets a stone cold stunner move / animation

do it game freak

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Zore posted:

Are there any other Pokemon with two x4 weaknesses? I can't think of any atm

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All those Rock/Ground fuckers from gen 1.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dunban posted:

Rock/Ground, Parasect (poor guy had three in Gen 1), Magcargo, etc.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dunban posted:

There are dozens.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dunban posted:

Parasect, he even has an x8 weakness because of dry skin.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Oh poo poo, Rock/Ground, of course.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
volcarona gets a x4 weakness to rock

i for one am glad no one runs stealth rock anymore

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I am very excited for all these different forms, I wonder if they'll have a different form for any of the Porygon line

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ice Sandslash looks familiar...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Hoopa and Lunala are 4x weak to Dark and Ghost

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder what the inevitable Alola Pikachu is going to be like

they better make one, because it will mean they have to make an Alola Raichu too

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Once per day attacks sound like the new Megalixirs of Pokemon. "But I might need this next fight!"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Ugh I hope the Aloha Forms don't end up being like Mega Evolutions where they're used as an excuse to make less Pokemon.

It will! :D

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Attestant posted:

Once per day attacks sound like the new Megalixirs of Pokemon. "But I might need this next fight!"

They're once per fight.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
We're creeping up to the big 1K it's probably better at this point in the series to come up with alternates of commonly known Pokemon rather than to have thousands of them

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
I wonder how Ice Vulpix evolves....

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope the special Z attacks don't all just boil down to "SUPER STRONG BIG BANG KAMIKAZE ATTACK" that does big damage but no cool effects.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Dunban posted:

They're once per fight.

Oh, derp. Reading is hard.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mabels big day posted:

I hope the special Z attacks don't all just boil down to "SUPER STRONG BIG BANG KAMIKAZE ATTACK" that does big damage but no cool effects.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Parasect, he even has an x8 weakness because of dry skin.

It's only x5! Dry Skin adds 25% more damage.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

big question is, can you manually change the forms of these pokemon? kinda hosed up if so when you think about it, because they only have these forms because of climate adaptation, and you're basically forcing that onto them if you try to make a fire Ninetails into an ice Ninetails.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The Pokémon website attributes the new forms to microclimates in Alola which is surely a reference to the four islands.

I wonder if we'll see types aligning with location? The ice types on the blue island, exeggutor on the grass one. Marowak obviously on the fire one. Would be cool.

Also I don't mind trading out new forms for new Pokémon, they're completely different and more importantly not limited to one per team

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

We're creeping up to the big 1K it's probably better at this point in the series to come up with alternates of commonly known Pokemon rather than to have thousands of them

yeah I'd rather have modifications of cool existing forgotten guys than get another 120 creatures, half of which are just useless fodder. they've got 800 or so to work with, plenty of them need a boost.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
exeggutor's true ultimate form is loving amazingly powerful

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
now then... put the magcargo alola form in the bag and nobody gets hurt...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mabels big day posted:

big question is, can you manually change the forms of these pokemon?

I don't think so, that would make no sense.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope Looker is in the game and has a Gumshoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Hopefully the alternate forms will get egg moves from their counterparts so we can have an ice/fairy ninetails rocking flamethrower or whatever

• Locked thread