Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

BioEnchanted posted:

Meh, I was always more of a Digimon guy.

Back in the 80s we had the kids who liked Go-Bots better, too. They were also losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

Pokemon has better games, Digimon had a better TV show.

Well, better in the sense that "toast with butter" is better than toast without butter. Neither show is particularly notable.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

8 year old me would be so pissed right now

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Grem posted:

Back in the 80s we had the kids who liked Go-Bots better, too. They were also losers.

I had a singular go-bot toy when I was a kid. I found it on the ground walking home from school one day, in the gutter. It was the black one that turned into a UFO. It made for a pretty good generic henchman to get killed in every transformers fight ever. This is my sole go-bot anecdote.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cy-Kill was awesome. The rest of the Go-Bots can go hang. That includes the Rock Lords.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Cy-Kill was awesome. The rest of the Go-Bots can go hang. That includes the Rock Lords.

As far as robot shows go I though Cubix went to fairly interesting places, despite the atrocious voice acting for the main human characters. I like the shapeshifting vampire robot Kilobot. Also loved Dr K's final boss robot, the one he turned his lair into. Katastrophe.

I liked his dumb naming gimmick of naming everything he built a word that begins with C but that he alwayus spelled with a K due to his brand: Krab, Kannon, Kolossal et. al

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

Meh, I was always more of a Digimon guy. I preferred the stories. :shrug:. Also avoids the Animal Cruelty angle as they fight for themselves and have any agency at all. Pokemon has better games, Digimon had a better TV show.

Also no chance of satanic panic because Jesus is a digimon

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Aw man does he have a shiny Mew

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BioEnchanted posted:

As far as robot shows go I though Cubix went to fairly interesting places, despite the atrocious voice acting for the main human characters. I like the shapeshifting vampire robot Kilobot. Also loved Dr K's final boss robot, the one he turned his lair into. Katastrophe.

I liked his dumb naming gimmick of naming everything he built a word that begins with C but that he alwayus spelled with a K due to his brand: Krab, Kannon, Kolossal et. al

I love that you actually spoilered that.

Also digimon can suck my dick, pocket monsters is where it's at. Much like nerds playing magic were superior to those nerds playing yugioh.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Public page, no need to anonymise.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Intoluene posted:

What's worse is that the OP is a recently-reelected senator :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Fathis Munk posted:

I love that you actually spoilered that.

You guys should know me by now :3:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Weatherman posted:

What's worse is that the OP is a recently-reelected senator :(

"respected"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Intoluene posted:

Australians complaining about immigration at least makes it clear that there's no chance at a compromise with anti-immigration people. When your immigration policy is sending refugees to concentration camps in Nauru and they're still complaining it's not strict enough you know the only way you'd ever win these kind of people over is to create an ethnically homogenous country.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I think we're all missing the worst part: that the person who captured that has 1337 as their Facebook language.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I think we're all missing the worst part: that the person who captured that has 1337 as their Facebook language.

I was just about to point that out. Even the pirate one is less embarrassing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Australians complaining about immigration at least makes it clear that there's no chance at a compromise with anti-immigration people. When your immigration policy is sending refugees to concentration camps in Nauru and they're still complaining it's not strict enough you know the only way you'd ever win these kind of people over is to create an ethnically homogenous country.

Point em towards Japan's shrinking population and ask if that's what they want.

They're fine with it.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Haha, good spot

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Point em towards Japan's shrinking population and ask if that's what they want.

They're fine with it.

I already had this argument with a coworker in the run up to the EU referendum, specifically in regards to how many EU immigrants we have doing stuff like nursing and elderly care. They reassured me that Japan is inventing robots that will make that problem go away.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I was just about to point that out. Even the pirate one is less embarrassing.

This is me. I'm honestly too lazy to change it back. I did prank someone by changing theirs to pirate once. They had no idea how to change it back.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

I already had this argument with a coworker in the run up to the EU referendum, specifically in regards to how many EU immigrants we have doing stuff like nursing and elderly care. They reassured me that Japan is inventing robots that will make that problem go away.

Roujin-Z was a documentary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baron Corbyn posted:

Well I mean they're probably right, eventually humans will go away to make way for the robots

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Sakurazuka posted:

Well I mean they're probably right, eventually humans will go away to make way for the robots

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Roujin-Z was a documentary.

Personally I support Japans descent into a Scifi-Horror movie

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Original poster is of Somali descent, blue is a white woman, gray and pink are white guys. loving white guys are so fragile.

Oh hey I got this one too.

I'm purple, OP is green, and this may surprise you but red and black are both white guys.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

MH 370 is trending again with some report saying that the pilot intentionally flew into the ocean. Unsurprisingly, this has brought :tinfoil: people out of the woodwork.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

While weird, this is embarrassing but at least explainable? "Ah gently caress wrong thread lol," or maybe "I got confused when I was composing this in notepad"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Gotta love the dude tying MH370 to the moon landing conspiracy.

Also there was a poisoning in our research institute recently and of course on a couple of the articles commenter were also saying how we probably cured cancer and big pharma wanted to keep it secret.

Which is dumb on so so many levels and also not what happened at all. :v:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fathis Munk posted:

Gotta love the dude tying MH370 to the moon landing conspiracy.

Also there was a poisoning in our research institute recently and of course on a couple of the articles commenter were also saying how we probably cured cancer and big pharma wanted to keep it secret.

Which is dumb on so so many levels and also not what happened at all. :v:

Seems like something a person involved in covering up the cure for cancer would say.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well I was actually one of the guys getting poisoned. So what I'm saying is my cover is pretty drat good by now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not buying it. Everyone knows you poison yourself to remove suspicion.

That's poisoning 101.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I know if my colleges and I had discovered a cure for cancer, we wouldn't bother writing it down somewhere before our flight to Beijing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah it's not like we have lab books anyways.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
I'm the opinion of the guy with a profile pic taken while driving. 'Scuse me while I polish my Oakley wrap-arounds.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Not buying it. Everyone knows you poison yourself to remove suspicion.

That's poisoning 101.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6TQ7ljcsjk

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

subpar anachronism posted:

MH 370 is trending again with some report saying that the pilot intentionally flew into the ocean. Unsurprisingly, this has brought :tinfoil: people out of the woodwork.

So these doctors were 100% of the experts in their field and were, for some reason, carrying 100% of their un-backed-up research with them at the time?
That really was bad luck.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah it's not like we have lab books anyways.

Lol at the idea of reading back through a dead scientist's lab book and being able to figure out everything he was doing. I mean I know that's literally what they're for but still.

(Enjoy pages and pages of unlabelled columns of numbers because he knew what they meant and comments like "bit wobbly" and "this one's hosed up" scribbled semi-legibly in the margins)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blizzard banned a whole lot of Overwatch hackers and boy are they pissed.

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should have told them to take that nonsense to the Star Citizen forums. Sounds just like some of the nutballs over there.