Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nonsense posted:

I wanna say that's a self-insert, but I don't see his bulldog friend

Well there is a whole cavalcade of assholes with goatees to choose from. Do you think people that are assholes go for the goatee look or the goatee look goes for the assholes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

The day the ecuador government gets pressured enough to kick assange out of the embassy is going to be real fun.

I'm surprised Correa isn't on track to be fed to his own people like Maduro is.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

evilweasel posted:

TPM is solidly great but they're not like pollsters or anything.

i love 2 read john marshall's bloviating blog posts where he dispenses his political wisdom~~~~

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
All I want is for Trump's epitaph to be dril's corn cob tweet

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

a helpful bear posted:

holy gently caress how much time do you have on your hands to go back and edit/remove 3600+ posts?

I'm pretty sure at this point that H5N1 is a mod / admin account and they are running a script to update the posts.

Well, in theory, if H5N1 was actually changing his posts. He's been a Trump poster from the start, comrade.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

i love 2 read john marshall's bloviating blog posts where he dispenses his political wisdom~~~~

I think TPM is one of the worst victims of "I made over $2000 selling clothes and electronics online, find out how!" comments of any site I've been to.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

withak posted:

I'm the historical figure IQ reported to six significant figures.

Rutherford B. Hayes was definitely 133.925, not 133.926 or 133.924.

Seriously where is that chart from?

I really, really, want to see their methodology for that.

That's assuming there was at least an attempt to justify this based on 'their recorded writings etc' rather than someone pulling numbers out of their rear end. Which wouldn't surprise me.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

You can't mention it and then not post it

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The TPM scoreboard is gonna be like 50% polls and 50% punditry and will be pretty useless. NC is clearly a "gut instinct" call by Josh because of the voter suppression decision.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i too give IQ tests to people that died long before they were even invented

William Henry Harrison and Rutherford B. Hayes, both of whom died before the IQ test was invented and lived half a century apart, had the exact same IQ down to three decimal points. This is a FACT.

If they were rough estimates of within an accuracy of 20 points using vocabulary from personal papers and eyewitness accounts, diaries etc. I could actually buy it as some sort of potentially useful thing

Edit: I see someone brought up the accuracy already and even used Hayes for some reason as the example, still

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Well there is a whole cavalcade of assholes with goatees to choose from. Do you think people that are assholes go for the goatee look or the goatee look goes for the assholes?

is the goatee, their bow-tie?

gregday
May 23, 2003

Pretty sure IQ's are always whole numbers anyway.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
that chart was commissioned by the gently caress Ulysses S. Grant Consortium

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nonsense posted:

lol assange

he's garbage

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Antti posted:

The TPM scoreboard is gonna be like 50% polls and 50% punditry and will be pretty useless. NC is clearly a "gut instinct" call by Josh because of the voter suppression decision.

apparently there's a single July poll showing Clinton up by 7, but with the usual stupendous amount of undecided/other voters

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

IQ was originally mental age/physical age *100 (and used for children) so trump is as smart at a 109yo guy

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol, who reads this adderall fueled poo poo and is like "yeah this is valuable insight"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/understanding-the-trump-khan-war

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
thats way too low an estimate for djt he has 1488 iq believe me

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not sure how that would apply to H5N1, who is the most consistent and rock-solid poster in this forum.

H5N1 is like the only person on the forum who has been behind Trump from the start.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Eh, so I guess they'll just aggregate whatever state polls they can find like RCP and just plug them in? That's not a bad resource to have.

Swedgin posted:

that chart was commissioned by the gently caress Ulysses S. Grant Consortium

While 120 IQ is still a really drat high IQ (and I refuse to believe there haven't been any "average" Presidents because IQ is such a bullshit metric anyway), I resent this chart because Grant's memoirs are still really good reading if you're into the Civil War.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

evilweasel posted:

apparently there's a single July poll showing Clinton up by 7, but with the usual stupendous amount of undecided/other voters

I'm gonna change my name to Not Sure so I can get federal election money in 2020

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

The Lord of Hats posted:

James Garfield could simultaneously translate and transcribe a spoken statement into Latin and Greek. That's gotta be up there just in terms of the nebulous overall-processing-power measurement that is IQ, right?

Every skill not asked by those bogus IQ tests is basically counting for nothing. He might be able to do this poo poo, but how well can he figure out number sequences? That's the real skill.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm gonna change my name to Not Sure so I can get federal election money in 2020

Good tactic for getting into president Camacho's cabinet

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I reflexively looked for the retweet and fav button on this post :(

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Antti posted:

Eh, I think it is not quite so outlandish. Of the last 6 polls 5 had Clinton up by +2 to +10, one had a tie. The last poll with Trump leading (+6) is from mid-June. Problem: The newst poll is from early July, and all pollsters except Marist (newest and +6 Clinton) are of middling quality.

Decius fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 1, 2016

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In a couple weeks this Khan guy will totally regret ever being part of anything with Hillary Clinton it is a curse that everyone they interact with faces terrible consequences. Look at poor Debbie.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wait so she was a director in the 90s and did legal work for them in the 80s, and this implicates her as having ISIS ties how exactly

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Antti posted:

While 120 IQ is still a really drat high IQ (and I refuse to believe there haven't been any "average" Presidents because IQ is such a bullshit metric anyway), I resent this chart because Grant's memoirs are still really good reading if you're into the Civil War.

I don't think 120 IQ is that high because mine is 136 and while I am not an idiot I certainly wasn't going for a doctorate in nuclear physics or anything.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 1, 2016

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Antti posted:

There's a lot going on in NC that would lead people to believe that it's going blue this year. We have the HB2 poo poo, our Governor being a general shithead, and the voter ID stuff. Add to that some favorable polling for Clinton, the Dem's GOTV efforts and you've got people thinking NC is headed blue.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Still seems really odd to me that NC would be bluer than VA. More polls for the poll god!

Three Olives posted:

I don't think 120 IQ is that high because mine is 136 and while I am not an idiot or anything I certainly wasn't going for a doctorate in nuclear physics or anything.

That's because IQ is a stupid metric and has no relation to the skills (or pathologies) you need to become President.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

wait so she was a director in the 90s and did legal work for them in the 80s, and this implicates her as having ISIS ties how exactly

wikileaks has jumped the shark, don't overthink it

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/759930380451352576

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760169162249539584

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Three Olives posted:

I don't think 120 IQ is that high because mine is 136 and while I am not an idiot or anything I certainly wasn't going for a doctorate in nuclear physics or anything.

it's because IQ is based on a gaussian curve, so just a few points can make a huge difference

120 IQ is top 10% while 136 is top 1%

obviously you don't have an IQ of 136 because you don't know this :rolleyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa apologizes for my previous skepticism about the internet

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

There was another good dril tweet to associate with him and I can't remember it and now I'm mad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pretend i posted the 'IT BEGINS' picture from the simpsons

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Dehumanize yourself

and

face

to

bloodshed

Understand?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Question for people smarter than me (literally everyone):

Is it too late for the GOP to oust Trump and go with someone else?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ouhei posted:

There's a lot going on in NC that would lead people to believe that it's going blue this year. We have the HB2 poo poo, our Governor being a general shithead, and the voter ID stuff. Add to that some favorable polling for Clinton, the Dem's GOTV efforts and you've got people thinking NC is headed blue.

A Clinton SuperPAC should buy blocks of time on basic cable in swing states, and air a Leave It to Beaver marathon as a Keep In The Vote effort targeting olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:psyduck:

• Locked thread