Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If the memory's leaking just add more cups of memory, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ice To Meet You posted:

Here's an update.

Lol if you plan to play this game more than 10 minutes at a time.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol if you plan to play this game

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ice To Meet You posted:

Here's an update.

Barkley 2 is increasingly resembling Star Citizen. First it's the memory leaks and performance crippling bugs, tomorrow it's a fleet of spaceships and 20 second animations to open a door.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Barkley 2 is just following in the footsteps of other famous indie masterpieces such as the Demon Rush and its reasonable memory requriements.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I, too, pray to Clispaeth that one day this journey ends and Barkley 2 is released.

The promise has been made.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
at launch the game loads all 800000000 pixel guns into memory

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tokamak posted:

Barkley 2 is increasingly resembling Star Citizen. First it's the memory leaks and performance crippling bugs, tomorrow it's a fleet of spaceships and 20 second animations to open a door.

It makes you wait 20 seconds to go through doors but there's not even an animation.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

So wait, GameMaker sounds awful.
Yeah

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

Memory leaks are a nice feature and all but maybe you ToGsters could finally reveal what type of procedural technologies Barkley 2 is going to use
Our random number generator is seeded with a unique seed each application launch, which means we have many procedural technologies things such as Effects, Particale, Damage, Rain drop's, Birds

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

How many bird .gifs can I sell on the grey market, I backed a product, and I am entitled to making money off of my share.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsUcbBo8cJo

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Well, they've made it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jtt is the one of the all time great video game tracks and i will fight anyone who disagrees.

MagurEnch
Nov 28, 2015

The best part about Barkley 2 is that cboyardee is now contractually obligated to make more videos.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Friend Commuter posted:

yes, in fact the recommended way to play is to bury it miles away from your house and encourage someone else to dig it up

The E.T. school of game design

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp9TtdJvfRU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody knows Eternity is the best track in the game (cue somebody quoting the metadata comment).

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is that the one by the guy who was the lead singer of Purple Rain? I think he died last year, RIP.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-P-EUDrfQ

"It's been ages since I last heard that song but... but I can hear it now, a symphony of whistles and toots..."

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Doing a lil Barkley2 pixel art animation stream right now, some character animation, and maybe a bit of of gun's later.
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Less than 3 weeks until the anniversary of the world's greatest and most original trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NmareBfly posted:

Is that the one by the guy who was the lead singer of Purple Rain? I think he died last year, RIP.

deep purple

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Less than 3 weeks until the anniversary of the world's greatest and most original trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

Wonder if FF7 remake will come out before Barkley 2.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Convex posted:

Wonder if FF7 remake will come out before Barkley 2.

Barkley 3D, the Barkley 1 remake and Barkley Trilogy PS2 Collection will come out before Barkley 2.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is there some sort of MAKING OF BARKLEY 1 retrospective anywhere? I have to explain to a baka gaijin what exactly this game is.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is there some sort of MAKING OF BARKLEY 1 retrospective anywhere? I have to explain to a baka gaijin what exactly this game is.

Let them play it blind, if they don't love it within the first 10 minutes it's a lost cause.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

notZaar posted:

Let them play it blind, if they don't love it within the first 10 minutes it's a lost cause.

I wish more rpgs gave individual characters unique mechanics.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I wish more rpgs gave individual characters unique mechanics.

thats actually my favorite thing about barkley 1, that behind the jokes and ridiculous premise and stolen assets and jpg of michael jordan's face pasted onto michael jacksons moonwalker sprite, it's actually a remarkably well designed jrpg with solid and satisfying gameplay

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should think about doing a sequel

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should think about doing a sequel

I thought that was the problem?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

this is all you need to know:

quote:

The team was inspired after reading an awkward phrase on Michael Jordan's Wikipedia page about the fan debate over whether or not the movie Space Jam was canon without it specifying whether it was talking about the Looney Tunes series proper or Michael Jordan's life in general.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Warning: This game is canon.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is all you need to know:

Weren't they poo poo talking on all the horrible unimaginative RPGs people were making with rpg maker and when challenged to make their own with it, they rose to the occasion?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Warning: This game is canon.

That's the joke from the game we are talking about.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The story I heard was that Chef Boyardee (RIP) found out that there was a game called "Barkley, Shut Up & Jam!" and wanted to make a game called "Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The story I heard was that Chef Boyardee (RIP) found out that there was a game called "Barkley, Shut Up & Jam!" and wanted to make a game called "Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden."

I heard that his b-ball was forged in the last embers of a frozen hell and no slam it jammed was less than lethal.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Basketba;; sports

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I came across some book excerpts that cboy wrote for B2:

Orc Death 3 by Elgarth Hellblood

"Lackaday, lackaday," the king gasped mournfully as he gulped a potion, rejuvenating his wounds and gashes. His whole body ached from repeated blows from a glowing orc nunchuck. The king sighed as he looked out the window of his castle, gazing upon the once-fertile fields of his fief, a land of mystical peasants and pleading paupers.

The orcs had ransacked the king's precious goblets and crackers, so soon he himself would become a pauper, supplicating himself before warlocks and squires for nuggets and boons. But the time of reckoning drew nigh, even for the elfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Doing a lil Barkley2 pixel art animation stream right now, some character animation, and maybe a bit of of gun's later.
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

The game is going to come out and it's going to be a .zip file containing 20 jpeg sprite sheets and nothing else