Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

i am harry posted:

To the person who fetchingly described narcissism, linked it to Trump's behavior, and predicted he'd call Hillary a oval office at the debates, this dead soldier stuff isn't too far off!
He might have the foresight to couch it in ok language. He didn't outright say "I don't have tiny hands and i have a YOOOOOOOGE dick" at the GOPbates, after all.

Also, why no, I'm not on call for tech today at work nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nessus posted:

My interpretation of this election has been guided heavily by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Hx5ka1FiA

We are at about 0:56 in this video right now, and it has been on point thus far. (Trump is Bill Murray, not the gopher. The gopher represents the Hispanics.)

The judge is Roberts, Moose and Rocko are Hilary's SCOTUS picks.

Eifert Posting posted:

The best way to fix American democracy is to go back in time and tell Lincoln :fireman:

More like "your current plans for reconstruction won't work, you need to round up every shred of Confederate leadership and execute them. Then pass an amendment that outlaws glorifying the Confederacy in any way."

Also tell him to skip the theater that night.

Jackson Taus posted:

It's important to recognize, however, that getting to 60 votes in the Senate is going to require Blue Dogs - not every state is winnable for a Liz Warren or whatever.

No the Dems just need majority control. If you think the Dems aren't going to completely nuke the filibuster the instant Ted Cruz tried to block Hilary's SCOTUS nominee you're insane. If the GOP keeps control and Trump somehow wins they will absolutely kill the filibuster on day 1 because that gives them unchecked control over the government.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trabisnikof posted:

I don't think you need old white mostly-male conservative democratic candidates to win the margins required for working majorities.
You do if everything requires a supermajority :shepicide:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

FilthyImp posted:

He might have the foresight to couch it in ok language. He didn't outright say "I don't have tiny hands and i have a YOOOOOOOGE dick" at the GOPbates, after all.

Also, why no, I'm not on call for tech today at work nope

You're my new best friend.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

No the Dems just need majority control. If you think the Dems aren't going to completely nuke the filibuster the instant Ted Cruz tried to block Hilary's SCOTUS nominee you're insane. If the GOP keeps control and Trump somehow wins they will absolutely kill the filibuster on day 1 because that gives them unchecked control over the government.

Yup.

Reid regrets the gently caress out of not abolishing the filibuster since he had assurances from turtle that republicans wouldn't abuse the gently caress out of it... only for them to turn around and abuse the gently caress out of it.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

a shameful boehner posted:

Very, very briefly. I think a Democrat supermajority only existed for something like 9 months given vacancies that had to be filled in the Senate and prior to next elections in 2010. Also, Joe Lieberman is a human shitstain, never forget.
IIRC the Democrats only had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate for something like a month, which as you can imagine was required to pass anything of consequence.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Blue Dogs don't exist in practice anymore. They died with the tea party wave in 2010.

I think they still exist in endangered enclaves inside Kentucky and West Virginia. Definitely heading towards extinction faster than Pandas on their own.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Man remember the days when our government worked during the Bush 2 era? I long for those days from time to time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ar least stuff got done!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

site posted:

Hope this hasn't been posted yet. Oh, fox...

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/760206729728712704

I guess the plastic baby from the movie was unavailable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ahaha Clinton is up 9 points in latest CNN poll. A 12 point bounce.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Between that and Georgia being within MoE, this is going to get ugly for Trump.
And things are only getting *worse* for him as he doubles down.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Big orange baby already saying that the election will be rigged. Things are going to continue being bad post-election, you can count on that.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 1, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Big orange baby already saying that the election will be rigged. Things are going to continue being bad post-election, you can cpibt on that.

As long as they end the same way I can live with a few more Oregon sieges.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/760221152589512710

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can I just go to sleep and wake up the day after the election.

These next 99 days are going to be pure hell.

If the First post conventions week he's already outchea talking about how it's gonna be rigged.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Big orange baby already saying that the election will be rigged. Things are going to continue being bad post-election, you can cpibt on that.

I get what you are trying to say but that's the funniest typo I've seen in a while lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:laffo: 82% of non-white voters.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

#ThingsDoMatter

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Very, very briefly. I think a Democrat supermajority only existed for something like 9 months given vacancies that had to be filled in the Senate and prior to next elections in 2010. Also, Joe Lieberman is a human shitstain, never forget.
I believe this came from a post here a long while back. I don't remember who originally wrote it but I saved it for situations like this:

The Dems had the House and Senate for the first two years, but the Senate was debilitated by GOP filibusters, giving basically any and all legislation a 60 vote bar. The Democratic caucus in the Senate had 60 votes for a time, but it was far from the full 2 years. Al Franken wasn't actually seated in the Senate until July 7, 2009, and even then there weren't nominally 60 votes because of Robert Byrd's death on June 28th. A temporary successor for Byrd was appointed on July 16th, which gave them nominally 60 votes although actually getting all 60 was difficult with Ted Kennedy being terribly ill and basically unable to attend votes. Kennedy died on August 25th, leaving them with 59 votes until Paul Kirk was appointed as a replacement September 24th. That supermajority lasted until February 4, 2010, when Scott Brown was seated after winning the MA special election.

That means, at the outside, you only even had the potential for a 60 vote supermajority from July 16th to August 25th, and also between September 24th, 2009 to February 4, 2010.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

It's all so beautiful. I'm sure the bounce will fade somewhat, but for right now, revel in it. This is pure strain anti-Arzy at its finest.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lemming posted:

I get what you are trying to say but that's the funniest typo I've seen in a while lmao
That's not so bad for phone posting. Originally "things" cam out "thongs".

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Doctor Butts posted:

They can't. Republicans have become the party of White Nationalists.
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12256510/republican-party-trump-avik-roy

that Vox article posted:

Over beers, I ask Roy how he feels about all of this personally. His answer is very sad.

Boo fuckin' hoo. These shitheels have no one to blame but themselves. They created this monster and now it's loose in the countryside.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I know it's still early and all but :prepop:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

I'm always going to be a pessimist but sometimes poo poo like this just helps... :unsmith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol this graph

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Think of the poor birds though :ohdear:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Yes, it has, multiple times. Stop trying to bring it back, it's a terrible article because it doesn't call out the Republicans for being racist as gently caress.

This thread moves pretty fast these days so sorry for the necro, but it was meant to be a sarcastic reply :shobon:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hahahaha Pro-Fracking Site for Millennials.

http://www.frackfeed.com/

*A Project of North Texans for Natural Gas*

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Clinton's chances suddenly turning into pure graphical :awesome: is just wonderful.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Suddenly 60 points

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
It's the Election Today predictions. Polls Only isn't as cheery but better then last week.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Agreed. Nate's out of his gourd if he thinks Gary Johnson's going to get 7.4% of the popular vote when he got less than 1% in 2012.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Clinton's chances suddenly turning into pure graphical :awesome: is just wonderful.

I love that :flaccid: trajectory

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Reminder, Now-cast is EXCEPTIONALLY sensitive to polls and it's IF THE ELECTION WERE HELD THIS MOMENT.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Sexually harassed at work? Just go find a new job!

This election is insane.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It would not surprise me if a okc happens.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 2, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dexo posted:

Hahahaha Pro-Fracking Site for Millennials.

http://www.frackfeed.com/

*A Project of North Texans for Natural Gas*

The trivia section image is made up of photos of the kids on modern family. "frack or fiction" lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I need Clinton to walk away with like 370 EVs. Cmon Nate stop edging me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I wonder how far behind Vegas is on those odds. I bet I can place a sweet bet.

• Locked thread