Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Is Caesar's first name "Clown?"

I'm just basing this off of the current naming patterns in one piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I thought the implication of this chapter was that Ceasar was giving her info every chance he got in an effort to remain in her good books, and that she knew about their current location and plans at the very least thanks to him.

Caesar wouldn't know about Carrot and Pedro, who exactly from the Strawhats would be here, or that Pekoms was involved. That all happened after he and Sanji got taken by Capone.

She probably does have info from Sanji's family though. All the more reason to kick them latter. I am getting a little worried that they're going to try and pull some idiotic double cross and set up an assassination of Pudding though. Sanji's story just isn't black enough yet.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

Caesar wouldn't know about Carrot and Pedro, who exactly from the Strawhats would be here, or that Pekoms was involved. That all happened after he and Sanji got taken by Capone.

True, but he does know some things about the Straw Hats that Big Mom wouldn't necessarily (e.g., that Chopper is a doctor, not a pet).

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Jimbei took a near fatal blow from Akinaru to protect Luffy

Caeser gave children meth

Who will push out more merchandise? Carrot

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Silver2195 posted:

True, but he does know some things about the Straw Hats that Big Mom wouldn't necessarily (e.g., that Chopper is a doctor, not a pet).

Perhaps it was Nitro (assuming the jelly with her was Nitro) that filled her in after the Straw Hats left Pudding's place?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyges posted:

Yeah, everyone else apparently dies/disappears after leaving Big Mom's service. Most likely Jinbe took his licks like a stoic hard rear end and left, Big Mom then spread the word that he cried like a baby to undermine him in the future.

Mr. 3 was a punk bitch when Croc tried to kill him. The top 4 Officer Agents were the only ones with the personality to make killing them off be a bad thing at the time. Mr. 3 also was being killed for not only failing, but apparently mouthing off in the process.

A thing about 3 is that he was only ranked higher then 4 because of his fairly high intelligence. Given that the other officers were stronger then him and Croc was smarter then 3 anyway I can understand why he felt he did not need to keep him around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Drink Top posted:

Is Caesar's first name "Clown?"

I'm just basing this off of the current naming patterns in one piece.

Ceasar appears to be one of the characters were it is the other way around like Hody. Given that every one calls him Ceaser.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

She probably does have info from Sanji's family though. All the more reason to kick them latter. I am getting a little worried that they're going to try and pull some idiotic double cross and set up an assassination of Pudding though. Sanji's story just isn't black enough yet.

Doesn't this go all the way back to Fishman Island at the very least?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Chopper is rations.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Silver2195 posted:

Shoren posted:

Perhaps it was Nitro (assuming the jelly with her was Nitro) that filled her in after the Straw Hats left Pudding's place?

Is... is it not obvious that Pedro is the mole?

He's been super suspicious from the start; Pekoms clearly didn't want him joining the team and Pedro didn't want any other mink but himself to join, he knows the surrounding seas of Whole Cake and declined to explain why beyond "I've been here before" , at least one person in town recognized him to Pedro's chagrin.

The only thing that points away from him being the mole is that he threatened to harm Pudding when the team met her, but that could be him signaling to Nitro and the carpet that he's deep undercover.

Anyway, I think Brook's in trouble and we're gonna get a bad rear end fencing fight.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

lowercase16 posted:

Is... is it not obvious that Pedro is the mole?

He's been super suspicious from the start; Pekoms clearly didn't want him joining the team and Pedro didn't want any other mink but himself to join, he knows the surrounding seas of Whole Cake and declined to explain why beyond "I've been here before" , at least one person in town recognized him to Pedro's chagrin.

The only thing that points away from him being the mole is that he threatened to harm Pudding when the team met her, but that could be him signaling to Nitro and the carpet that he's deep undercover.

Anyway, I think Brook's in trouble and we're gonna get a bad rear end fencing fight.

Possible, but I think Nitro the Jelly is a likely candidate for someone feeding info to Big Mam.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Crazyeyes posted:

Possible, but I think Nitro the Jelly is a likely candidate for someone feeding info to Big Mam.

Big Mom turns the information into food and eats it, there is no mole.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Crazyeyes posted:

Why not the countless smiling, singing humanoid trees and flowers? They are basically the security cameras of Totland (besides the sea snails).

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Why not the countless smiling, singing humanoid trees and flowers? They are basically the security cameras of Totland (besides the sea snails).

That's definitely what was feeding information on their whereabouts (especially about Luffy and co. in the forest), but all the specific information they have about the crew probably came from Nitro.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
this chapter featured several panels of caeser happily reminiscing about the time he spent all his research grant money on hookers and blow while torturing children to make it look like he was still busy, and people are interpreting it as the start of a redemption arc

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I honestly love how Caesar literally blew all his research funds on hookers and (probably) blow. It's so cliched, it's perfect. :allears:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kill this loving series, Jesus Christ.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What, you don't have nostrils on the side of your nose?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Kill this loving series, Jesus Christ.

i just dont get why the anime is this bad tho. is it not making any money or are they that greedy.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It's making money, it's just impossible to keep up quality when you have a nonstop episode-a-week grind, it isn't even really a question of money.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Oh jeez that's right I can start reading this thread again.

Finally catching up after stopping for a while when Dressrosa was reaaally dragging, I got treated to a whole lot of some of the best One Piece in ages.

Edit: I'm glad Sanji gets to be cool again, finally, when he was the least cool Straw Hat for like 200 chapters straight.

mdct fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 1, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DolphinCop posted:

this chapter featured several panels of caeser happily reminiscing about the time he spent all his research grant money on hookers and blow while torturing children to make it look like he was still busy, and people are interpreting it as the start of a redemption arc

Caesar is really obviously a terrible person. However, his current trajectory seems to be based on the world making GBS threads on him so hard that he has nowhere to go but up. It's hardly the first time we've seen this in One Piece. Odds on him eventually realising that it's largely his fault for being a terrible person and that he should probably do something about that seem quite high.

Basically, the guy's already had his comeuppance. That he's sticking around and continuing to suffer on-screen rather than being shunted off to some Bad Fate elsewhere (like, say, Hody) implies that Oda has further plans for him, and One Piece is kind enough that those plans are not likely to be entirely malign (plus, he's just too much of a putz to make a decent resurgent villain). After all, someone has to fix what was done to Mocha and company eventually.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's making money, it's just impossible to keep up quality when you have a nonstop episode-a-week grind, it isn't even really a question of money.

No, it's precisely a question of money. And by forgoing any quality, turns out you can make a lot of it.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011
lol if you don't think that Casear Clown is going to join Buggy's posse after this arc is over

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Not an Owl posted:

lol if you don't think that Casear Clown is going to join Buggy's posse after this arc is over

Only room for one clown in that insane posse.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I like the idea of Pedro being a mole because that's an intense surprise twist, but there was a pretty ominous panel of some smiley face flowers in the foreground watching Brook and Pedro be snoops, so my vote goes to the fiendish foliage for... gently caress i can't think of an F word for spy. drat it.

Ok, since i'm here making dumb One Piece posts about this kickin' rad story arc, here's my bet.

Pekoms isn't dead, he got eaten by a shark after hiding in his invincible shell. he's going to pull a Yosaku and jump out of the ocean wearing that shark, and he's probably gonna do something badass with the moment like sucker punch Capone Bege.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gyges posted:

Only room for one clown in that insane posse.
Clearly the next cover arc will be Buggy vs. Ceasar for the biggest clown in the posse.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

Ok, since i'm here making dumb One Piece posts about this kickin' rad story arc, here's my bet.

Pekoms isn't dead, he got eaten by a shark after hiding in his invincible shell. he's going to pull a Yosaku and jump out of the ocean wearing that shark, and he's probably gonna do something badass with the moment like sucker punch Capone Bege.

But Pekoms is a devil fruit user and wouldn't be able to transform once he hits water. Kind of ironic that having a zoan-type fruit for a water-dwelling creature gives you no advantages in the water. I'm counting on Jinbei to save Pekoms because I don't think anyone else possibly could right now. No way he's become the "Blight of the Sea." :colbert:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Buggy and Caesar will end up being brothers as members of the Clown family.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
No, obviously the shark jumps out of the water and eats a turtle shelled Pekoms as he falls towards them, looking like a giant clothes wearing pastry. Everything is food here so them sharks are just gonna assume.

My go to strategy for One Piece theories is to come up with something that sounds like kids on a playground arguing about how their super powers work, so i'm feeling pretty good about this one.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

brainSnakes posted:

I like the idea of Pedro being a mole

Pedro isn't a mole, he's a jaguar! :rimshot:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

No, obviously the shark jumps out of the water and eats a turtle shelled Pekoms as he falls towards them, looking like a giant clothes wearing pastry. Everything is food here so them sharks are just gonna assume.

My go to strategy for One Piece theories is to come up with something that sounds like kids on a playground arguing about how their super powers work, so i'm feeling pretty good about this one.

Oh OK, yeah I could see that working. I was thinking more along the lines of Pekoms hitting the water first then being eaten. A jumping shark could certainly happen.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay, this has been bugging the hell out of me; how do you pronounce Bege? Is it beige? Beej? Bayjay? Beejee?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

brainSnakes posted:

I like the idea of Pedro being a mole because that's an intense surprise twist, but there was a pretty ominous panel of some smiley face flowers in the foreground watching Brook and Pedro be snoops, so my vote goes to the fiendish foliage for... gently caress i can't think of an F word for spy. drat it.

He's going to hide in his invincible shell then die a Jojo's-style non-death at the bottom of the sea, invincible forever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I pronounce it beige personally

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Edit: I'm glad Sanji gets to be cool again, finally, when he was the least cool Straw Hat for like 200 chapters straight.

I am glad Sanji gets to have the spotlight this time around

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Capone Biggie

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Beh-jay is how I pronounce it anyway.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Okay, this has been bugging the hell out of me; how do you pronounce Bege? Is it beige? Beej? Bayjay? Beejee?

A combination of the last two, Bay-jee. Well, moreso Bay-schee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Pewdiepie posted:

He's going to hide in his invincible shell then die a Jojo's-style non-death at the bottom of the sea, invincible forever.
No, Jack's already got that covered. Pekoms's going to have to wait until they fish him out.