Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Service Charge posted:

He was never actually gone :ssh:

Yeah the character he rejoined with tends to leave and rejoin as needed based off of if it's more useful that day to have standings or be a random neutral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paging Ullerm and others who are interested in tournament PVP and want to win some limited edition ship skins (last batch were valued at 20bil a pop).

http://www.eve-nt.uk/2016/08/01/eve_nt-championship-team-update-applications-now-open/

quote:

We are now taking applications for the five remaining places in the Minor League. Interested teams can now apply by filling out this form in full – captains have until August 21st to submit their forms, and the 5 best applications will be offered tournament places. Full details of the tournament format and rules can be found on the main EVE_NT EVEsports page.

While it may be ‘minor’ in name, the IGC Apocalypse SKIN prizes at stake are worth an estimated 10 billion ISK each, and every team in both leagues will be receiving at least 15 of these SKINs. The prize allocation for the Minor League will be:

1st: 30
2nd: 25
3rd: 20
4th: 15
5th: 15
6th: 15

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

turevidar posted:

Why use citadels to move caps anyway? I fell out of the moveop fleets after the first seven hours and moved myself on stations. Once I was out of black rise I didn't even have to replace my cyno ship.

Because placing a keepstar every 5 light years for supers to dock would require cutting Flanders peacetime SRP in half.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ullerrm posted:

PSA for people moving caps using a citadel chain: There's an exploit out there that allows someone to give you a PvP timer (or refresh your existing one) while you're tethered on a citadel. It doesn't break the tether, but it does prevent you from safe-logging, giving them the time they need to bump you off the citadel.

I've reproduced it and reported it; until the exploit is fixed, you probably shouldn't use a citadel cyno to move capitals if there's any hostiles in local.

Is it burst jammers like that dumb ls gate jumping combat timer thing?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Zephyrine posted:

Because placing a keepstar every 5 light years for supers to dock would require cutting Flanders peacetime SRP in half.

You realise that eventually cap move ops will genuinely be cyno to keepstar > dock for cap, undock, cyno to next keepstar.

Cost is never an issue, titan proliferation has more than proved that.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

You realise that eventually cap move ops will genuinely be cyno to keepstar > dock for cap, undock, cyno to next keepstar.

I imagine that an undefended keepstar would be killed for giggles.

We will see.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

turevidar posted:

Why use citadels to move caps anyway? I fell out of the moveop fleets after the first seven hours and moved myself on stations. Once I was out of black rise I didn't even have to replace my cyno ship.

My guess is because of the tethering mechanic - :ccp: has stated their intent is that you should not be able to bump ships off a tether (you can cyno right onto a citadel and get tethered, you can't cyno into a POS shield, so citadels > POS, at least for for moving supers).

It doesn't actually work that way though, which is what the current butthurt thread on /r/eve is about. You can bump ships off a tether but if they safelog while they're being bumped, you get a "you can't target this pilot because they're frozen by a GM" message. Somebody missed killing a titan due to said mechanic and now it's all "goons have a GM working with them WTF CCP" :tinfoil:

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 1, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
"lets just keep randomly changing mechanics while telling nobody, tell people conflicting information about exploits, and have no clear and concise ruleset people can look to to see if they're accidentally exploiting or not"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also, ask me about receiving warnings for rules i didn't know were there, and getting away with breaking rules consistently because I asked some dumb gm about it and he incorrectly told me it's okay.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
:agreed: but apparently in Iceland documentation and clear rules are for the bitchmade

I'm going on vacation there in a few weeks, maybe if I eat some rotten shark all will be made clear

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

MorsAnima posted:

Docking in a citadel freezes your current cap (and shields I think). You regen by sitting in space and letting them rep you (including cap), so docking does nothing for you.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"lets just keep randomly changing mechanics while telling nobody, tell people conflicting information about exploits, and have no clear and concise ruleset people can look to to see if they're accidentally exploiting or not"

This sounds like a good business decision and will cause zero issues with the game.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Did I miss some sort of hat tip clue to the proper bribe for a ticket on the dozer train?

You've missed a lot of clues, like how to not burn bridges. Or that Theta wasn't the cancer ruining goonfleet.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

luminalflux posted:

You've missed a lot of clues, like how to not burn bridges. Or that Theta wasn't the cancer ruining goonfleet.

I already apologized for that and this is the chill thread so relax.

Edit: also I never used the word "cancer"

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 2, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lol no you don't get to call someone's group cancer then tell them to calm down when they mention that because "this is the chill thread"

You shut up and come back when you're more ~chill~

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone is so mad that they're rage posting in two threads, but tries to play the "you need to chill" card.

:laffo:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 2, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
#raging against #themachine

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Someone is so mad that they're rage posting in two threads, but tries to play the "you need to chill" card.

Wait is this self-awareness actually dawning or is that sort of unironic "hey Kettle you are so black" that is typical of you.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Unfunny Poster posted:

At least he didn't pay :10bux: to do it on a different forum as well.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

What is it with goons that wash out being so terrible?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I'm gonna change the subject if that's cool with y'all.

Let's talk training wheels. Specifically, I want to train a t2 medium gun and cruiser 4 to do solo roaming and maybe some bubble camping while I train a cruiser 5 and then step into a navy cruiser or HAC. Bonus points if said cruiser has a utility high for a cloak so I can join Black Ops gatecamps. I'd like to be able to take a fight against a solo Svipul since they're goddamn everywhere, but most of the T1 cruiser commentary I can find is pre-T3D so it's hard to get a sense of where things fit in the pecking order.

The obvious answer* is the Vexor -> VNI -> Gila/Stratios path but drones are a pretty big mountain to climb compared to a turret platform. Right now I'm leaning towards the Thorax since it has some crossover with those ships but it's lacking a utility high as are its big brothers the Deimos and Vigilant. Thoughts on the other options?

Omen -> Omen Navy seems fairly obvious but the vanilla Omen seems pretty weak as a solo boat - is it any good as training wheels for an ONI?
Rupture/Stabber -> Scythe Fleet maybe? They've got the utility high but everyone says medium projectiles are poo poo.
RLML Caracal looks terrible for solo work. I could just go straight for the Orthrus but I was under the impression it needs cruiser 5s, links, and snakes for max cancer.
I haven't trained any T3Ds yet but they just don't speak to me for whatever reason. I could probably be sold on the Confessor though.

* the other obvious answer is "Svipul" but :negative:

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Morris posted:

Let's talk training wheels. Specifically, I want to train a t2 medium gun and cruiser 4 to do solo roaming and maybe some bubble camping while I train a cruiser 5 and then step into a navy cruiser or HAC. Bonus points if said cruiser has a utility high for a cloak so I can join Black Ops gatecamps. I'd like to be able to take a fight against a solo Svipul since they're goddamn everywhere, but most of the T1 cruiser commentary I can find is pre-T3D so it's hard to get a sense of where things fit in the pecking order.

The obvious answer* is the Vexor -> VNI -> Gila/Stratios path but drones are a pretty big mountain to climb compared to a turret platform. Right now I'm leaning towards the Thorax since it has some crossover with those ships but it's lacking a utility high as are its big brothers the Deimos and Vigilant. Thoughts on the other options?

Omen -> Omen Navy seems fairly obvious but the vanilla Omen seems pretty weak as a solo boat - is it any good as training wheels for an ONI?
Rupture/Stabber -> Scythe Fleet maybe? They've got the utility high but everyone says medium projectiles are poo poo.
RLML Caracal looks terrible for solo work. I could just go straight for the Orthrus but I was under the impression it needs cruiser 5s, links, and snakes for max cancer.
I haven't trained any T3Ds yet but they just don't speak to me for whatever reason. I could probably be sold on the Confessor though.

What's a black ops gate camp

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

MorsAnima posted:

Wouldn't you like to know.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

Wouldn't you like to know.

3spooky5me

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pseudanonymous posted:

Wait is this self-awareness actually dawning or is that sort of unironic "hey Kettle you are so black" that is typical of you.

I'm sure you thought this was incredibly witty but you should go back to your gimmick of angrily posting about someone leaving your precious video game guild for months on end. Don't forget to not be a slowbrain and do it in the other thread.

Thanks,

Yours in Christ.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm sure you thought this was incredibly witty but you should go back to your gimmick of angrily posting about someone leaving your precious video game guild for months on end. Don't forget to not be a slowbrain and do it in the other thread.

Thanks,

Yours in Christ.

fyi you aren't very good at the salastil/xolve/etc bitter ex posting so you should probably stop, you are much better at the earnest "i like this game" posting but I don't think you like the game anymore.

namaste

Tiberius
May 3, 2003

MorsAnima posted:

a sabre and a daredevil with a falcon or cloaky scimitar feeding kills to a bunch of useless bittervets in goofy snowflake eft wet dream glass cannons

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

fyi you aren't very good at the salastil/xolve/etc bitter ex posting so you should probably stop, you are much better at the earnest "i like this game" posting but I don't think you like the game anymore.

namaste

I was trying to do bitter ex posting? Here I thought I was just taking the piss out of people who get mad about who plays with whom in a spaceship game. Oh and please do not worry friend, EVE still has things for me to enjoy even if the gameplay leaves me wanting at times. :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I was trying to do bitter ex posting? Here I thought I was just taking the piss out of people who get mad about who plays with whom in a spaceship game.

please dont mock yourself :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please dont mock yourself :ohdear:

Self-deprecation is the pillar of late-night talk show comedy.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is there a generally-acclaimed best iOS app for Eve? If like to check prices, market orders, industry and research jobs, and Eve Mail.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Morris posted:

I love love love me a cheap dual rep autocannon rupture fit. It will eat any t3ds that come close to you , it can crunch frigate gangs with its web, and it is very approachable, as in people will take fights with you in one vs being in something like an orthrus. The scythe fleet issue is a very neat roaming boat as well, but what it really leads you to is a rapier, which is a top notch ship in a cloak camp. The webbing bonuses are prime for ensuring things are difficult for people trying to crash the gate to escape.

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

Ynglaur posted:

Is there a generally-acclaimed best iOS app for Eve? If like to check prices, market orders, industry and research jobs, and Eve Mail.

NeoCom is my favorite. it doesn't do citadel assets yet, though.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Solfrann posted:

NeoCom is my favorite. it doesn't do citadel assets yet, though.

This is what I use and it's p good.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Morris posted:

Omen -> Navy Aug.

No clue how viable it is, but the Omen and Navy Aug are fun ships, so even if you crash and burn you'll look sweet doing it and have full "I'm still better than you are because I'm flying a Navy Aug" rights.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of EVE phone apps, wasn't the beta for the CCP made one supposed to be this summer?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Morris posted:

Gallente are pretty good, both T1 and Navy.

Amarr cruisers are hard to use solo because if something gets under your guns you are pretty much hosed.
So they have to be kiting or gimmick dual web.

You might get some ideas there :
http://crossingzebras.com/small-gang-tier-list-part-2-cruisers/
http://crossingzebras.com/the-state-of-navy-cruisers/

Krogort fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 2, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

turevidar posted:

A few systems on our route had no stations, only citadels and safe poses.

(Also, of course, supers can't use stations, so it's super relevant to them.)

Morris posted:

I'd still suggest Vexor -- yes, drones require some extra training, but drones are also going to be useful on every ship cruiser-and-up regardless of whether or not the ship has an innate drone bonus. And the dual rep Vexor is basically the gold standard for T1 solo cruisers atm. Thorax is good too.

Ruptures are good, despite the fact that medium projectiles are poo poo. Toss two webs on it and some autocannons and a medium neut, and zonk overconfident CDs and T3Ds who try to brawl you. Also, T2 medium projectiles will prepare you for the "Katrina" Hurricane.

Omen is really hard for soloing with, but it is good training wheels for the ONI.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 2, 2016

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

ullerrm posted:

And the dual rep Vexor is basically the gold standard for solo cruisers atm.

:ullerrm: please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
if i had a choice of any solo cruiser atm it would be an ashimmu or probably a linked orthrus

• Locked thread