Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Absolutely No Blowjobs Allowed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

stocking tops :captainpop:

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

xzzy posted:

I think the point is it's not the subject that matters, it's the execution. At least the goon gas station squad put effort into a pleasant exposure, unlike mr bus that leaves his camera on auto and uploads four thousand photos with absolutely zero growth between the first image and the newest one.

well i think in the bus guys case the goal seems to be documentation or perhaps collection which is just as valid as any kind of fine art photography i suppose though of different purpose. now that i think about it, doesnt really seem that different from the way a lot of people approach birding though i suppose you are right there is usually more thought going into the technicalities of photography by those people

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gotta love a group with 8500 members and zero photos. Been waiting for years with a box of kleenex and not getting any fulfillment.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I thought that was weird too, but maybe it means it's a private group?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Join and find out ;-)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I know there's been a lot worse posted but a friend of mine from high school got married and this is one of the photos she got and posted on Facebook, and it was by a "professional"

HookShot fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 27, 2016

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Don't shame me

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

HookShot posted:

I know there's been a lot worse posted but a friend of mine from high school got married and this is one of the photos she got and posted on Facebook, and it was by a "professional"

Other than that the horizon needs straightening I don't see much wrong with it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's been HDR'd and every single person in there is in an unflattering pose.

Should have been rejected on the first pass through the import.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also the bottom of the dress has been cut off, and not in a way that makes the photo better.

Definitely not a keeper.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Also the groom is trying to fly away.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I just found this ad in my local CL gigs section:

Wrong section of the website for advertising services, check. Terrible website that looks like geocities vomited on 2006, check. Intensely mediocre work that will take a week in post, check. Delusions of being paid $450 to produce this work for a client, check.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

8th-snype posted:

I just found this ad in my local CL gigs section:

Wrong section of the website for advertising services, check. Terrible website that looks like geocities vomited on 2006, check. Intensely mediocre work that will take a week in post, check. Delusions of being paid $450 to produce this work for a client, check.

I'm impressed that someone would add all those washed out snapshots to their portfolio. At least it makes me feel less bad about my own and gives me confidence to raise my prices without blinking twice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've always wanted to email those kind of people with "Sure, I'll do a shoot. I can see you're only starting out but I'll accept $450 payment for my modelling as a favour" and watch them explode.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Ideas are endless, as long as you only have two

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

It's been HDR'd and every single person in there is in an unflattering pose.

Should have been rejected on the first pass through the import.

It's got flaws, but it's kind of a fun photo and I can see why photo layman would like it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Uh huh... let's see his portfolio.
http://rayzorsedgephotography.photoreflect.com/store/StorePortfolio.aspx?p=239697

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Frankly I'm more offended by this "Well her name is Ashley but it's spelled..." poo poo that white parents do all the loving time now.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
White People

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That baby's eyes pleading for someone to kill her and end the torture.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
i guess I'll go take another shower after seeing that

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

They're from QLD, and the Gold Coast in particular, so no surprise really

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

They're from QLD, and the Gold Coast in particular, so no surprise really

Yeah this is the issue right here.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

hail sviiian

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The gold coast is the source of the dumb and pretty stereotype. Its the rear end end of the rear end end of australia.

The beaches are nice and the mountains are fun to drive and walk through so its got that going for it, just avoid surfers paradise like the plague.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I learned to surf at Coolangatta.

But yeah as a resident of Banora Point for a little over a year for the love of god avoid the gold coast.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

rohan posted:

hail sviiian

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

I'm glad my mat got bound up somehow and died.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Shellman posted:

I'm glad my mat got bound up somehow and died.

yea i saw ur post in the Yashica-Mat BDSM club

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
700k to build a mega ultra swirl soft cream bokeh lens

I don't have strong opinions about this, photos look nice I guess ?

e: buy me a 5D for no reason,

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 3, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Claims "the object of interest is in astonishing sharpness" and uploads a bunch of small jpegs with fuzzy subjects.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
"God's time"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only explanation is that he mustn't have prayed hard enough.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If God gives me a new 5D iv I would go to church for at least a month

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Hey Mike, go and scour craigslist for a used 70D. You don't need a 5Div to take pictures of local sports events.
Sincerely,
God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

murk
Oct 31, 2003
Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
http://www.mikegoodall.net/portfolio

Everyone of Mike's portfolio photos has his gigantic logo directly in the middle of them.. so don't even think about stealing them!!