Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SweetAsselin posted:

All this talk about the system being rigged is cause for concern. With Trump whiping up his base into a frenzy and convincing them that they've been cheated and their freedom is at stake.... how does this not result in post election violence? And if there IS mass disobedience and violence... will Trump be held accountable? What happens if he's arrested? Does he become a martyr? :stonk:

I could enjoy another few Malheurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Vince loving McMahon (not an auto replace) finds himself involved in this election I will never stop laughing.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

SweetAsselin posted:

All this talk about the system being rigged is cause for concern. With Trump whiping up his base into a frenzy and convincing them that they've been cheated and their freedom is at stake.... how does this not result in post election violence? And if there IS mass disobedience and violence... will Trump be held accountable? What happens if he's arrested? Does he become a martyr? :stonk:

They are cowards and won't do anything worse than YallQaeda did a few months back ago in Oregon.

Some dummies will get locked up, nothing of value will be lost. And then on to impeachment hearings starting in Early March 2017

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

From that cufflinks story, this is the best part:
So that's 3-for-3 on billionaires who Drumpf said he spoke to who deny it.

And say what you will about one of the few truly American art forms (Pro Wrestling, Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theater - that's it), but Vince is definitely an unhinged lunatic who will carry a grudge beyond the grave, and if Drumpf thinks he can get away with attacking Vince because they used to make money together, he's out of touch. Vince is his own mogul now, and wrestling is an insanely influenceable audience that Vince has captive. If he wants to have Damien Sandow come out every week dressed as Drumpf, take a Spear or DDT and get verbally humiliated, BAH GAWD there's nothing stopping him from doing it.

That would be incredible. :gizz:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pakled posted:

Kerry was leading the polls in Florida as recently as a week before the 2004 election. Anyone who falls for that tactic is a loving idiot.

Hillary's already leading down here in Florida. Gee, who would've thought an extremely Hispanic-heavy state would be turning steadily more blue?

Voldemort suppressing voters extensively - which is admittedly a very real possibility - is the only way Trump wins Florida. And even then, Voldemort will drop Trump like a sack of potatoes the moment supporting Trump ceases to be profitable for him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cythereal posted:

Hillary's already leading down here in Florida. Gee, who would've thought an extremely Hispanic-heavy state would be turning steadily more blue?

Voldemort suppressing voters extensively - which is admittedly a very real possibility - is the only way Trump wins Florida. And even then, Voldemort will drop Trump like a sack of potatoes the moment supporting Trump ceases to be profitable for him.

Those voter suppression tactics are being owned in court at least.

Not sure if Florida's gets raked though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
fivethirtyeight just updated again :stare:

The "now-cast" is at 82% Hillary.

I know its on the least meaningful prediction model and based on a convention bump but Trump's bump was not nearly this powerful.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Those voter suppression tactics are being owned in court at least.

Not sure if Florida's gets raked though.

Not by our state courts at least. Their response to active voter suppression during the last governor's election was "lol who cares."

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SweetAsselin posted:

Angry, old, fat white men aren't looking to get raped in federal prison. Nobody is dying on that hill in mass numbers.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/760272310267961345

Obama really should have prosecuted war crimes.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

fivethirtyeight just updated again :stare:

The "now-cast" is at 82% Hillary.

I know its on the least meaningful prediction model and based on a convention bump but Trump's bump was not nearly this powerful.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/760268085332967424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Eifert Posting posted:

Assuming there isn't an October 31st terrorist attack or something crazy that gets Trump elected, how badly are the Republicans going to beg for the compromise Justice that Obama suggested?

It's going to be a new high for shadenfreude...

That would probably actually help since the Rally around the Flag effect is still a thing.

The actual reason why Carter won his primary in 1980 is because of the Iranian crisis.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia is not a swing state but Trump is trying his damnedest to make sure it is.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

SweetAsselin posted:

All this talk about the system being rigged is cause for concern. With Trump whiping up his base into a frenzy and convincing them that they've been cheated and their freedom is at stake.... how does this not result in post election violence?
The fact that almost everyone who says they'll rise up in insurrection to PROTECT ARE FREEDOMS is actually fundamentally a coward.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pakled posted:

Georgia is not a swing state but Trump is trying his damnedest to make sure it is.

Georgia will be the next of the Southern bloc to fall after North Carolina. Atlanta is dominating the population and its only going to continue.

I am interested in seeing what happens in Texas in a generation

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Vince loving McMahon (not an auto replace) finds himself involved in this election I will never stop laughing.

Who rigged this election? It's me, Donald! It was me all along!

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Nessus posted:

Moving that the thread subtitle be changed to "The Wrath of Khan"

:bravo:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You all are crazy if you think Vince McMahon will have anything to do with Trump right now

Trump right now is gonna go all in on Dixie Carter baby yeah!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

greatn posted:

Can anyone summarize what this shocking revelation is? I don't like visiting leak websites for job reasons.

Clinton did some legal work and served briefly as a director for a company in the 90s that's recently been accused of ISIS ties.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I think we need to pause here and truly appreciate just how much Trump has hosed this up.

A few weeks ago the head of the FBI gave them an attack plan for Hillary in large print with sticky notes in large print saying "seriously hit her on this and don't let up" along with a giant pile of rhetorical ammunition.... and Trump is currently accusing the father and mother of a KIA soldier of being terrorist sympathizers (or secret anti-Muslims, depending on how you interpret the statement).

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

If he wants to have Damien Sandow come out every week dressed as Drumpf, take a Spear or DDT and get verbally humiliated, BAH GAWD there's nothing stopping him from doing it.

Well, other than the fact Sandow is not currently working for the WWE.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Who rigged this election? It's me, Donald! It was me all along!

:bahgawd: aww, sunuvabitch!

inkblot posted:

Well, other than the fact Sandow is not currently working for the WWE.

pretend I said literally any other member of the Social Outcasts then. :rolleyes::fh:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So an Air Force mom got booed at a Pence event after she confronted him about Trump's attacks on the Khan's. Now imagine Democrats did this during the height of the Iraq War.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Is the Clinton Foundation a CIA front or something?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

It's not the first time GOP has boo'd military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGo-B39Fhw

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This is gonna make a good add/speaking point.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
gently caress yeah water boarding trump 2016

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I highly doubt that this Khan fiasco is effectively the end of Trump's campaign, but just in case it is, my dick is so hard for the fact that it was a Muslim not born in America that did him in. Thats loving poetic.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Mahoning posted:

I highly doubt that this Khan fiasco is effectively the end of Trump's campaign, but just in case it is, my dick is so hard for the fact that it was a Muslim not born in America that did him in. Thats loving poetic.

Nothing will be "the end of his campaign". His supporters are dug in and would literally vote for him if he started murdering people. He will also cry "rigged" after the election and the majority of Republican voters will believe him. They've delegitimized everything else, the actual democratic process was inevitable.

His gaffes do prevent Trump from attracting new/undecided voters, but he was never going to win anyways.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

He will also cry "rigged" after the election and the majority of Republican voters will believe him.

If this bullshit costs them seats, they will throw him under the bus so loving hard your head will spin. Party unity only applies when you benefit the party, if he becomes toxic they are done. He can't even get the senate to back his play of attacking the Khans, because they aren't retarded enough to attack the family of a dead American hero.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

if he becomes toxic they are done.
If? becomes?

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 2, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

Fingers crossed but in all likelihood this godforsaken state will let us all down again.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Mahoning posted:

I don't think this Khan saga has damaged Trump one bit. The people who don't support him find it appalling, but among his supporters they either view it as a positive, or don't care enough to do anything more than release a boiler-plate condemnation, while still being unswayed in their decision to support him.

If Paul Ryan or McConnell, or even a high profile supporter like Rubio, had "conditionally" withdrawn their support pending an apology to Khan and all Gold Star families, then I'd agree that a blow was inflicted upon the Trump campaign. The only detriment to Trump in all of this is that the clock is starting to rundown and every day spent on his nonsense is a day not spent tearing down Hillary.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How do you think Donald Jr feels about Eric being taller and thinner than him?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

I don't think this Khan saga has damaged Trump one bit. The people who don't support him find it appalling, but among his supporters they either view it as a positive, or don't care enough to do anything more than release a boiler-plate condemnation, while still being unswayed in their decision to support him.

If Paul Ryan or McConnell, or even a high profile supporter like Rubio, had "conditionally" withdrawn their support pending an apology to Khan and all Gold Star families, then I'd agree that a blow was inflicted upon the Trump campaign. The only detriment to Trump in all of this is that the clock is starting to rundown and every day spent on his nonsense is a day not spent tearing down Hillary.

This is just silly. It's obviously damaged him. State-level republicans, even here in Texas, are following suit in droves with John McCain-style condemnations. Republicans are beginning to realize how damaging supporting Trump will be for them.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

As others have, you're assuming that all of Trump's voters 100% buy into everything. That isn't true.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Thing is if republicans abandoned trump that might help them medium or long term, but will hurt them short term. They probably believe any elected republican abandoning trump or repudiating him, even if they are in a safe seat and win easy, is hurting the credibility of a different down ticket republican and the credibility of the party as a whole. And they're probably right. Do you want to go to hell now and keep as many seats as possible, or go to hell later and lose more seats now?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
From that Trump interview where he said he was "viciously attacked"

Interviewer:What about those suspects, though, and there's been many of them, that have been arrested by the FBI, that were actually born in the US, how do you stop them?

Trump: Well you watch, and you make sure that you're very vigilant, and you see what's going on, I mean, everybody sees what's happening, you look at Orlando, you had that problem, you look at San Bernadino, where you had a big problem, like that, 14 people killed, in Orlando, so many people killed, so horribly killed... and uh, we don't want that to happen.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

I just got off the phone with my Step-Dad. He is a NRA member, concealed carrying, ex Marine from Texas who has voted R his entire adult life. He is loving livid about the Khan thing. To the point that he said he is really thinking of just "staying the gently caress home" this year, as he would never vote for Hillary.

Sooo maybe it's working some? Maybe anecdotal though I guess. But it shocked me. He was already a "I really don't like Trump but I loving hate Hillary" type though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Have there been any recent surveys of Trump supporters that show how many of them like him personally/hate Hillary/would vote Republican even if their candidate was a gay Muslim Mexican welfare queen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

speng31b posted:

This is just silly. It's obviously damaged him. State-level republicans, even here in Texas, are following suit in droves with John McCain-style condemnations. Republicans are beginning to realize how damaging supporting Trump will be for them.

"Donald Trump said a horrible thing that we condemn, but he still has our full support" - we have been seeing that from Paul Ryan for weeks now. Every Republican official at this point probably has a prepared statement to condemn Trump latest bout of sexism, islamophobia, racism/Hispanic, racism/black, racism/Asian, and general ignorance.

• Locked thread