Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Firmware 4.0 comes with Knack pre-installed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hope with the 'not folders" you can throw the video stuff there. I hate how it forces that back to the very top automatically.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

El Hefe posted:

:pray:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Unicorn wishlist is folders, content manager (or some other per-game backup system) and PS1 classics support.

EDIT also ability to hide items in library.

univbee fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 2, 2016

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Hefe posted:

I'm in the alpha and I shouldn't be breaking my NDA like this, but they just replaced the system menu with Knack, and the boot up screen says Knackstation 4 now

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Why do people hate on Knack so much? I mean, its by no means a Good Game, or really worth playing at all, but its not like its the worst game ever or anything like that.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Because many people got burned by spending $60 on it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Shnag posted:

Why do people hate on Knack so much? I mean, its by no means a Good Game, or really worth playing at all, but its not like its the worst game ever or anything like that.

It got hyped an inexplicable amount for a brief period of time and now it continues ironically.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

naw thats not it at all, the game didn't get hyped. people constantly talk about wanting Knack because idiots would rather have a full retail game, which Knack is used as the poster boy for because it's really not good, instead of poo poo like Resogun or Binding of Isaac. because it's retail. that's it. that's why.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jesus christ Sony just give me folders already the FUNCTIONALITY IS ALREADY PRESENT ON PS4 COME ON

oh, uh, and maybe a Note system for your friends? And an Activity Log.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Policenaut posted:

Jesus christ Sony just give me folders already the FUNCTIONALITY IS ALREADY PRESENT ON PS4 COME ON

oh, uh, and maybe a Note system for your friends? And an Activity Log.

And Sony Smash Siblings 2 staring featuring playable small Knack and a big Knack stage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ps1 classics already owned should work.
i can get that ps2 classics wouldn't because of cell processor bullshit but ps1 has no excuse

also hooray for ape escape

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Real hurthling! posted:

ps1 classics already owned should work.
i can get that ps2 classics wouldn't because of cell processor bullshit but ps1 has no excuse

also hooray for ape escape

Cell was PS3.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ps2 was the emotion engine

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

rabidsquid posted:

naw thats not it at all, the game didn't get hyped. people constantly talk about wanting Knack because idiots would rather have a full retail game, which Knack is used as the poster boy for because it's really not good, instead of poo poo like Resogun or Binding of Isaac. because it's retail. that's it. that's why.

I guess I just happened to hang out in a small circle of people who were hoping HD cartoon platformers would be a thing. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

Cell was PS3.

ps2 classics are made for ps3 yo.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf

elf help book posted:

Cell was PS3.

PS2 was the Emotion Engine.

It was primarily used to power characters hair in Square games.

efb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

ps2 classics are made for ps3 yo.

dont they run in an emulator? obviously that would need to be redone for the ps4 but otherwise should be fine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Firmware 4.0 sucks you off and makes you cum

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FINALLY

Awesome! posted:

dont they run in an emulator? obviously that would need to be redone for the ps4 but otherwise should be fine

i dunno.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
PS2 games on PS3 are emulated, yes. I think the ones on PS4 are recompiled, but I'm not sure at all.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

barren_sky posted:

I *love* Journey, and I *love* water games, but Abzu looks like such a complete rip-off of Journey in almost every way that it kinda puts me off it a bit. I know, it has one of the original Journey guys on the team, but still. I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyways though.

That other one, Bound, is the one that gives me "me too, love me like Journey" vibes. I only bought Abzu because ib already was sold on Brutal and I zoned out and missed Headlander. How did Headlander turn out?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Bound looks like it goes far beyond "trying to be Journey" in terms of being a pretentious indie game. I still preordered though.

Abzu does look like Underwater Journey but I'd really like to play underwater Journey

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

That other one, Bound, is the one that gives me "me too, love me like Journey" vibes. I only bought Abzu because ib already was sold on Brutal and I zoned out and missed Headlander. How did Headlander turn out?

I really liked Headlander. Enjoyable gameplay and the best Metroidvania I've played in ages. Fairly easy though. I just got the Platinum last night (goddamm Abzu has none!)

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

PS2 games on PS3 are emulated, yes. I think the ones on PS4 are recompiled, but I'm not sure at all.

They're emulated as well: they have a special boot screen for some PS4 features and do some memory checks to pop trophies but you see the old PS2 logo when you launch the games and still get notifications about PS2 memory cards which would be changed if it is native.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

They're emulated as well: they have a special boot screen for some PS4 features and do some memory checks to pop trophies but you see the old PS2 logo when you launch the games and still get notifications about PS2 memory cards which would be changed if it is native.

True enough, though sometimes laziness overcomes that last point, like when Jak & Daxter Vita still had a vibration option.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Firmware feature wishlist:
Folders
Hiding items in library
Cusom soundtracks that replace/mutes game bgm instead of playing over
User name changes
free candy and soda

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
New firmware beta is good: makes menu browsing even laggier and installs more PlayStation apps

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I really enjoyed Knack. Mostly because I just liked the particle system or whatever it was that made up Knack itself.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Luminaflare posted:

I really enjoyed Knack. Mostly because I just liked the particle system or whatever it was that made up Knack itself.

Do you have resogun?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'd like it if the video tab would get rid of the store icon links for apps you already have downloaded. Don't need an icon that opens HBO Go and an icon that opens the store page for HBO Go.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

PS+ Games are all up.

Also a Bethesda and Ubisoft sale with little in the way of great savings that I could see.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

barren_sky posted:

PS+ Games are all up.

Also a Bethesda and Ubisoft sale with little in the way of great savings that I could see.

DOOM and Fallout 4 base games are 50% off for what that's worth.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do find it hilarious how the Assassin Creed Syndicate sale for the Gold is only 4 dollars more then the season pass sale from last week. Really drives home how bad last week sale was.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Real hurthling! posted:

Do you have resogun?

Yeah but shmups don't hold my attention. Really cool looking though.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Rirse posted:

Do find it hilarious how the Assassin Creed Syndicate sale for the Gold is only 4 dollars more then the season pass sale from last week. Really drives home how bad last week sale was.

Yeah last week didn't even feel like a sale.

I might bite at rear end creed. might.

wish it were cheaper still.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Syndicate is ok, but you don't need the season pass.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Ultratron is kinda fun actually. Not sure how deep it is, but it's enjoy able.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Bogart posted:

Ultratron is kinda fun actually. Not sure how deep it is, but it's enjoy able.

I like it too. The way enemies pop is very satisfying, but the screen effect when you pick up money hurts my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Neverwinter is actually... kinda good. It's generic d&d as hell, but then it literally is a Dungeons and Dragons franchise so it's allowed to be. All the MMO tropes are there, you know what these games are going in. But the combat so far has played more lile a third-person ARPG. I've got a level 13 hunter ranger, and I'm sorta aiming with the right stick to select specfic targets rather than full autolock, and I'm dodging around both with a stamina meter and a special evade power on a cooldown. Enemies have marked attack areas and I'm avoiding those like in a legit action game, and despite looking like, and being structured like, every other MMO ever made, it's not just about rolling your knuckles across a set of hotkeys. Feels made for controller as an action game.

I'd never have bothered if it cost money, but I've lost a few mindless hours to it so far and it fills the time when you want to see numbers go up and forget the real world. Already have two horses and an electric tiger to ride around on, and a bunch of legit semi skill-based combat skills unlocked. It's far from a classic, but as free games go it's worth a look.

• Locked thread