Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pureauthor posted:

Z Moves honestly sounds kinda weird/pointless if they're just gonna be huge elemental nukes you can use once per battle.

Pokemon damage formulas are made so that you can usually OHKO anyway if you're exploiting weaknesses.

I'd like them if each of them has a unique element to it other than "Hits really hard"

Like, Grass Z-Moves does damage AND heals all your parties Status Ailments/heals some Hp.

Ghost Z-Move does minor damage AND places a curse on the field that reduces X stat by 1 stage on switch ins.

Flying Z-Move does damage and creates a hurricane on the field that forces switch every other turn.

Also depending on the stats and how the ability works, Oriocorio can be a beast in doubles. Just have a fast/bulky Pokemon use Quiver Dance, and Protect with Oriocorio. Dancer will copy the stat boosts without risking getting hit/force switched.

And yeah they better buff Ice defensively or change it's ability otherwise RIP Alola Sandshrew/Sandslash on arrival. 4x Weakness to Fire AND Fighting.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lezard_valeth posted:

Flying Z-Move does damage and creates a hurricane on the field that forces switch every other turn

:whitewater:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

lezard_valeth posted:

I'd like them if each of them has a unique element to it other than "Hits really hard"

Like, Grass Z-Moves does damage AND heals all your parties Status Ailments/heals some Hp.

Ghost Z-Move does minor damage AND places a curse on the field that reduces X stat by 1 stage on switch ins.

Flying Z-Move does damage and creates a hurricane on the field that forces switch every other turn.

Calm down, Smogon's already blacklisting them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what pokes can i farm up that will be in demand on the trade systemdex so i can get my living dex goin

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope that there's an Alola Pikachu, so that they're forced to acknowledge that Raichu still exists.

In Alola and all future versions, new baby baby Pokemon KaChu is first form, Pikachu is final form, Raichu is mega evolution and temporary.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trade evos

I could get basically whatever I wanted for a scizor

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Shneak posted:

Calm down, Smogon's already blacklisting them.

Hahaha yeah I went overboard, but if you are gonna sacrifice one moveslot AND probably a held item for just one move, which your opponent can easily anticipate with Frisk, then they better be OP, specially if they are supposed to be the Ultimate Move of Friendship! Either go full anime or no anime

Super No Vacancy posted:

what pokes can i farm up that will be in demand on the trade systemdex so i can get my living dex goin

Well, if you wait a bit till more is revealed about Alola forms (wether they are only available from capturing Pokes in that region OR you can change your Poke into their new form) stocking up on competitive Vulpix would be a good idea.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

Eevees, Charmanders if you're going the GTS route. Stuff kids like.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope that there's an Alola Pikachu, so that they're forced to acknowledge that Raichu still exists.

Alola Pikachu ends up looking exactly the same but with even better stats than Raichu and it cannot evolve.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nethilia posted:

Bae: Go watch the new video for Pokemon
Me: What's so excit--

HOLY poo poo MY FAVE POKEMON EVER IS EVEN MORE PRETTY.

ICYPIX IS EVERYTHING I NEVER KNEW I WANTED TIL NOW.

Also Dancybirb rules, I'm going to draw like a million of them

oh and there's some other Pokemon, I guess.

Since ice Ninetales is part fairy and so is Mimikkyu I think I might try having a mono-fairy team.

If Popplio ends up part fairy that's definitely what I'm going to do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lezard_valeth posted:

Hahaha yeah I went overboard, but if you are gonna sacrifice one moveslot

i had assumed it'd just be a 5th button ala mega evo, was this stated somewhere

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Bongo Bill posted:

I remember Puka.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i forgot i restarted y to get ocean vivillons. hmmm

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
alola pikachu is just regular pikachu but with surf

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

There has to be a Aloha Pikachu because of that one other poke making itself look like him, it needs a reference!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It turns out Mimikyuu is really accurate, and Aloloa's Pikachu just kinda look like dried-out corpses.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mimikyu is a perfect replication of aloha pikachu......

e: heck !! beans !!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

i had assumed it'd just be a 5th button ala mega evo, was this stated somewhere

No, but a Pokemon can use any Z move if they know a move of the same type.

quote:

There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal.

When you see these moves in action in the game, each overwhelmingly powerful move will be on full display, filling the entire screen!

So depending on how Z moves turn out it's possible you could sacrifice a move slot to have access to it, but then again only once per battle.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Super No Vacancy posted:

any of the starters are good, or eevees, yeah

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Theta Zero posted:

It's meant to look like an old school detective, hence the name basically being "gumshoe."

That might be the case but every American saw that hair an immediately thought "that thing is Trump".

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

That might be the case but every American saw that hair an immediately thought "that thing is Trump".

actually,

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i didnt think of donald trump when i saw the mongoose adult

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

i thought it looked like a hat

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

As soon as it put it's hands behind it's back I instantly though Detective.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

Abomasnow: Obama owns

Pokemon company has been predicting the US presidency since the 4th Gen

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Fire vulpix and ice vulpix? Same pokedex number

Purple nidoran and blue nidoran? CLEARLY DISTINCT SPECIES.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Sockser posted:

Fire vulpix and ice vulpix? Same pokedex number

Purple nidoran and blue nidoran? CLEARLY DISTINCT SPECIES.

Prof Oak was drunk.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Professor Oak wrote his Pokedex before phylogenetic testing was widely used, please understand.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Professor Oak is a dipshit who couldn't find room for a goddamned baby Pikachu anywhere in his drat bullshit pokedex

#1 wish for gen VII is a revised national dex especially now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got 7 kanto badges where the gently caress is gary hiding

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also thank you for the answers. eevees seem like the easiest to farm since i understand they exist in the wild now

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Is it known if Alola form pokemon are always that way? Like, every Vulpix in Alola is ice-type? Or do the Ice and Fire Vulpix co-exist?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Super No Vacancy posted:

i got 7 kanto badges where the gently caress is gary hiding

Cinnabar Island.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

YALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

https://twitter.com/capri134/status/760277977074499584

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dexie posted:

Cinnabar Island.

oh yeah lol i ran into him earlier ty

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

Is it known if Alola form pokemon are always that way? Like, every Vulpix in Alola is ice-type? Or do the Ice and Fire Vulpix co-exist?

From the looks of it, all wild Vulpix in Alola will be Ice type.

Can't wait to bring over my Ninetales named Pele.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All the Vulpix you can catch in Alola are Ice-type. Presumably, if you want to have Fire-type Vulpix, you must transfer one forward with Bank.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
Hey guys, is it possible to trade OG Pokemons and bring them over to Pokemon X?

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Alola Pikachu that can Surf :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

janssendalt posted:

Hey guys, is it possible to trade OG Pokemons and bring them over to Pokemon X?

you'll be able to bring them up to sun and moon with pokebank, you cannot currently bring them up

• Locked thread