Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Otisburg posted:

I'm the player character's baby that appears like 60 seconds into dudes escapist delve fo4.

hahaha yeah plotwise fallout 4 might not be the best choice for that guy

otoh your spouse does die like a minute later so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Dan going for that boi pussy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LGD posted:

hahaha yeah plotwise fallout 4 might not be the best choice for that guy

otoh your spouse does die like a minute later so

for those who haven't played it, the main plot point of fo4 is "they stole your baby go get your baby back", and your spouse sacrifices themselves trying to save said baby from abduction

I'm picturing him either trying to get the cryo chamber to turn back on again or just hitting alt+f4 and hitting the minibar again

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

steam has refunds now, he'll be fine either way

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

for those who haven't played it, the main plot point of fo4 is "they stole your baby go get your baby back", and your spouse sacrifices themselves trying to save said baby from abduction

I'm picturing him either trying to get the cryo chamber to turn back on again or just hitting alt+f4 and hitting the minibar again
people like him are why the game lets you kill your son as soon as you meet him (not a plot point spoiler but seemed a little iffy so i tagged it)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I honestly kept forgetting there was even a baby in that game because I preferred garbage farming and literally anything else that kept my character from talking.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stuntman posted:

people like him are why the game lets you kill your son as soon as you meet him (not a plot point spoiler but seemed a little iffy so i tagged it)

I am actually kind of mad that I did three playthroughs and never did this

hell, I never killed him at all, I just left him to die in the nuclear explosion that destroyed all he had ever built a couple times

Danaru posted:

I honestly kept forgetting there was even a baby in that game because I preferred garbage farming and literally anything else that kept my character from talking.

I never played a male character, was it a Mass Effect type thing where the male VA was way worse than the female one or something

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

loquacius posted:

I never played a male character, was it a Mass Effect type thing where the male VA was way worse than the female one or something

The VA was fine the writing was just really bad and generic. The only good thing was the Silver Shroud questline and that's about it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

loquacius posted:

I am actually kind of mad that I did three playthroughs and never did this

hell, I never killed him at all, I just left him to die in the nuclear explosion that destroyed all he had ever built a couple times

I shot him with Kellogg's gun for maximum poetic irony

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Folks, it's time to play "Guess the Ages!"

Me, 40F with my partner, 45M, of [removed] years, ruined my birthday, humiliated me, and called me a bitch. Who is in the wrong? I plan to show him this thread if it gets any responses, so bear that in mind.

quote:

My partner (Chris) and I have been together for over a decade and have had our ups and downs. I want to preface this story with a couple of things that have caused us problems in the past.

First, Chris has a tendency to behave badly when he goes out with me and my friends. We have had so many incidents of this type that my friends now ask if I'm bringing a diaper for him when he's invited to join us. He withdraws, is rude, and will go off alone, basically forcing me to pay exclusive attention to his needs. Chris has been told that he is not obligated to go and should only do so if he really wants to join in and have fun.

Second, Chris has a bad habit of simply disappearing. This has happened many, many times while shopping, at theme parks, and even at people's homes. Once, he disappeared at Home Depot, didn't respond to paging, and I had to walk 3 miles home.

Now onto the main event. This past weekend was my [redacted] birthday and kind of a big deal for me. Chris and I went out to eat on Friday and I planned to go out dancing with my friends on Saturday. I told Chris he was certainly invited to come and have fun with us. The night of, he asked if I wanted him to drop me off. I told him we had covered this and he was welcome to join. It was up to him. Chris decided to go.

We met up with my friends at a show and everything was going fine. All of us decided to leave to go to another venue to do some dancing. Chris wasn't into the music and just sort of stood around with us, but seemed like he was being a good sport. When we went inside to sit down and cool off, everything went wrong.

One of my friends, Kate, is going through a very difficult time with her husband and disclosed to me some private and sensitive information about their relationship. I asked permission to share this with Chris, and was given the green light. Chris was told that this was secret, private, and not to say anything. But, he thinks it would be a great idea to make a joke about it to another person in the group. Kate overheard and asked me to tell him to knock it off, so I told Chris to stop joking about that and he immediately went into withdraw mode. He wouldn't look at anyone, played with my phone, and generally just became silent. I asked him to please not shut down. Kate then confronted Chris herself and he told her that I would have told him about the private matter anyway and that unlike me, he's a locked box. I felt that was pretty disparaging, but I let it go in the hopes of getting him back on board.

Everyone then decided to go back outside to dance and listen to the DJ. I told Chris we were going back out now and followed my friends outside. When we got to our spot, Kate asked where Chris was, and I looked around to find he had disappeared. I gave it about 30 minutes and then went to look for him. This is a pretty big club with about 4 different bars and two dance floors, but I spent about 10 minutes looking everywhere and finding him nowhere. I go back to my friends and figure that he'll come out when he's ready or perhaps he was in the bathroom.

We spend almost an hour dancing outside and Chris never shows up. I tell Kate that maybe he went back to the first club and can everyone split up and look for him. Five of us split up and looked everywhere in the club, but no one could find him. So, we returned to the first club, no Chris. Went back to the dance club, no Chris. Chris also didn't have his phone, so it was impossible to text or call him. I decided that my feet were sore, it was after 2am, and I was ready to go home.

Kate drove me home and I had to scale our privacy fence in heels and a dress, because I had no keys to get into the house. I sat in a chair on the back porch for about 5-10 minutes when the back door opens and there's Chris. He then starts screaming at me about how I left HIM and I'm a bitch. I told him that we looked for him multiple times and couldn't find him. He informs me he was sitting at the bar and all of this is my fault.

I then go to sleep on the floor in our office and he's given me the silent treatment for the past two days. Which is also pretty normal for him to do.

I know that when I confront him about this situation, he isn't going to take responsibility and will somehow twist it so that he's the victim here. Unfortunately for me, this is what I'll remember about my amazing [deleted] birthday. So, what's your take on this Reddit?

tl;dr: Boyfriend ditches me on my [censored] birthday and calls me a bitch for leaving him. What's your take on this?

zakharov fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 2, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zakharov posted:

Me, 40F with my partner, 45M, of ?? years, ruined my birthday, humiliated me, and called me a bitch. Who is in the wrong? I plan to show him this thread if it gets any responses, so bear that in mind.

The part saying how long they'd been together kind of gives this away a little bit (also you missed a place where she says what birthday it was near the end), but yeah my take on it is that her friends are right and she loving knows it, he's a huge baby man

Like, the ages are almost irrelevant, this is stupid for anything over 14

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Dangit thanks I read it like 3 times and still missed those spots.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

zakharov posted:

Me, 40F with my partner, 45M, of [removed] years, ruined my birthday, humiliated me, and called me a bitch. Who is in the wrong? I plan to show him this thread if it gets any responses, so bear that in mind.

Caught it prior to the last redaction and spoiled my immersion :argh:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I guessed that the man was over forty, but I incorrectly assumed that the woman was in her mid twenties.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How could anyone put up with that for over a decade? I could barely make it through that one story.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tricky D posted:

I guessed that the man was over forty, but I incorrectly assumed that the woman was in her mid twenties.
I didn't. I thought early twenties and a dumb teenage relationship because who else would:

(1) Put up with that poo poo
(2) Do that poo poo
(3) Do anything in the story at all

Deep down I knew it wouldn't be true, though.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

zakharov posted:

quote:

We have had so many incidents of this type that my friends now ask if I'm bringing a diaper for him when he's invited to join us.

lmao this bitch's friends own

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Nazzadan posted:

So can Dan the boss join the pantheon of great dudes in this thread?

Dan's actually the dad.

Dan Dad.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

cyberia posted:

Yeah, the more I read through it (nearly at the end of the Bali holiday) the more I can see how this could easily be based on a real person with not that much exaggeration. The personality traits the writer attributes to Caterham sound more and more like unmanaged bipolar or BPD and when you have a family member like that who refuses to confront their own illness eventually it can become easier to enable them or just be passive in the face of their insanity than to fight a constant losing war with them to try and change their behaviour.

It actually reminded me of a sister of mine who is also a grossly fat abusive unmedicated crazybrains. I should probably post on reddit about it. But these stories are at least wildly exaggerated if not full-on fiction. I mean, not getting fired after stealing $200 in tip money on your very first day is a stretch, but CaterHam making out with her rat-tailed cletus cousin at her [unspecified family member]'s wedding reception before getting in a fight (complete with pratfalls) with her equally obese [other unspecified family member] and apparent fat-rival? No. Really fun story though.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Cowman posted:

Dan's actually the dad.

Dan Dad.

You're not my real Dan!

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Me [30M] with my gf/ex [30F] 3.5 years, she kicked me out a month ago, I'm proposing today, nervousBreakups (self.relationships)

quote:

Lived together 3 years. Very loving relationship, but a lot of aggression on her end sometimes when stressed caused a lot of friction and communicational distance between us. My job was also a source of stress, several times close to closing high 5 figure entires lately, most falling through in the end. I was also not always the cleanest, and she was not sometimes the most empathetic with me. That said, many good things.
She kicked me out a month ago over cheating allegations and aggression, not true on my end. There were many, many things to work on, but this is my last ditch effort to establish communication. I don't like how she has treated me at times for a while, but if I get a resounding no then I'm free to move out of the country and pursue my own dreams that don't include her.
I have no idea what she will say, but I know she loves me. I may come back to /r/relationships if she says yes/no, with some honest reflection about the whole thing. If she is to say yes, the relationship is in shambles and many things need to be worked on to have a chance. I believe we do have a chance though. I'm literally going to find out where she is and ninja-propose.
I need an operation soon, so if this doesn't work, I'll get that done, heal up and go live to another city.

Guys, my ex broke up with me, should I drop from the ceiling and propose to her when she is vulnerable?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

He should break into her place and propose.

But only if this is in a state with Castle Doctrine.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Halloween's coming up soon, he should just be super romantic and dress up in a Darth Vader costume and drag her into a bounce house

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

(self.relationships)

self.relationships.sever(relationships.length);

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

paco650 posted:

It actually reminded me of a sister of mine who is also a grossly fat abusive unmedicated crazybrains. I should probably post on reddit about it. But these stories are at least wildly exaggerated if not full-on fiction. I mean, not getting fired after stealing $200 in tip money on your very first day is a stretch, but CaterHam making out with her rat-tailed cletus cousin at her [unspecified family member]'s wedding reception before getting in a fight (complete with pratfalls) with her equally obese [other unspecified family member] and apparent fat-rival? No. Really fun story though.

Bogans, though.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

pants cat posted:

Bogans, though.

Yeah, that's pretty believable where I'm from (central florida)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've been with my girl, Audrey, for 2 years now. I've known my friend, Mila, since we were 18. She is one of my best friends in the world and has always been there for me.
Now, because I know how this sub feels about girl/guy friendships...Mila and I literally just friends. She is like a sister to me. And not the kind of sister you cuddle with and kiss while drunk. We have had literally no sexual contact ever. Our friendly hugs are even awkward. She acts like a big sister towards me a lot, and we often joke that she's the only one who's allowed to do that. We are literally just friends. It grosses me out to think of her sexually, and I know she feels the same way.
So now that that is out of the way: Audrey was never a part of our friend group. I met her at work, and she doesn't know any of the people I hang out with like Mila does. That being said, I tried really hard to integrate her into our little gang and get her to like everybody. It worked to a degree. She's friendly with everyone but has her own friends and wasn't too interested in becoming best friends with everyone. So that was that. She never expressed a discomfort with Mila and I being so close.
Lately, though, I've noticed things change. In the past she would joke occasionally about me and Mila screwing around or something. Ha, ha, gross, very funny, now go have fun. That's all it ever amounted to. But she has really amped it up the past few weeks.
A typical conversation before going out with Mila:
Me: "I'm gonna go over to Mila's and I think some of the guys are going to be there. Wanna come?"
Audrey: "No, wouldn't want to get in the way of you and Mila's fuckfest."
Me: "Haha, so no?"
Audrey: "I told you no, why would I want to watch her be all over you?"
Me: "...Okay? Are you serious?"
Audrey: "No, not really. Just don't gently caress her without a condom, have fun!"
To be clear: Mila is never "all over me." She never has been. If we sit on the couch together or something, it's like watching a brother and sister sit together. We bicker over who is encroaching on whose space.
Then, a typical conversation after going out with Mila:
Audrey: "So, did you have fun loving your other girlfriend?"
Me: "Oh yeah, tons of fun. But in all seriousness, we had a good time. You should've come."
Audrey: "And watch you two screw around? No thanks."
Me: "You're joking, right?"
Audrey: "Sure."
Any time we are intimate: "So is that better or worse than Mila?" Any time we do some sort of fun activity and I don't seem to be having the absolute time of my life: "Sorry I can't be as fun as Mila."
Like, it's getting past the point of being a joke. I've always prioritized time with Audrey over other people. But, I'm allowed to go out with friends. And Mila's and my relationship is literally as far from inappropriate as you can get. I've asked Audrey to cut it out and she won't. What do I do? I'm getting really tired of her "joking" and it's not funny. Especially when she has no reason to be making these "jokes."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Here's a good one from /r/legaladvice

quote:

The situation:
My stepson has been arrested for spray painting a fence with graffiti and trespassing. He and a friend had snuck onto a field near some train tracks and graffitied the fence. Unknown to them the property was private and not government owned and there was a no trespassing sign. After cleaning the graffiti multiple times, the property own placed surveillance cameras near the fence. My stepson and his friends were caught on camera 10 separate times spray painting the fence. There's no doubt it's them. Based on the dates, 5 of the instances occurred before his 18th birthday and 5 of them were after it. I am not disputing these facts and I am not advocating for him not be punished. I believe he should be.

My question:
The property owner didn’t go to the police with the video after the first or second time. She waited until she had 10 separate instances before she did. She is a prison guard so I believe she would be aware of the law. Is this not case of entrapment because being a member of law enforcement, she waited so long to go to the police? Had she gone to them right away my step son and his friend would only be charged from one or two instances. Yet she continued to allow them to commit the crimes not knowing there were on camera. My stepson has been charged with 10 counts of 'criminal property damage in the second degree' and 10 counts of 'criminal trespass'. My stepson (and his friend) has otherwise never been arrested or never had any brush with the law. As I said I am not advocating that he not be punished or that he be allowed to walk away from this scott free, however it seems to me in this case that full restitution, community service cleaning graffiti and a letter of apology to the owner would be appropriate. It doesn’t seem completely right that he should have a criminal record over this. He’s supposed to start college soon.

"My stepson repeatedly vandalized a private citizen's property, and the property owner collected evidence of it. Was this entrapment?"

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
If it was a lovely tag he should def get maximum punishment

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
He did it a bunch of times THEN they setup cameras and caught him 10 more times.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, it's entrapment because the property owner is a prison guard. Real legal eagle we got here.

No wonder the stepson is an idiot with a stepdad so moronic.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
white people lmao

letter of apology lmaoo

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
No, you don't understand, they'll have the letter notarized and everything - totally official and way better than a worthless little record that won't get the dumb entrapping prison guard art-destroyer anything

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

My [33M] wife [32F] of 6 years suddenly/desperately wants to have sex despite our bedroom being dead for over 5 months.

My wife and I dated for three years and have been married for six. We have a 3 year old son. She is a SAHM, I work. We started fighting a lot more frequently about 1.5 years ago, over the dumbest poo poo.
She would freak out over small things, in response I would criticize her for not doing her fair share of work around the house. Oftentimes I would come home from a grueling and long workday and find the house in disarray, with a very-low effort dinner prepared and so many chores left to do.
I usually take care of the yardwork and more physically demanding, gritty jobs she can't handle such as cleaning out the gutter, lawnmowing, fixing shingles and other poo poo. I don't neglect my share of the housework, but she gave less effort and this led to our fights. Despite our fights our sex life was still decent, though we went from 5-6 times a week to a consistent 3.
I got promoted back in October and my salary skyrocketed but I did have to work far more hours, and this obliterated our sex life. Sex gradually decreased from 3 times a week to once a week to nothing. The last time we had sex was in February. Communication wasn't very good between us, I was tired and stressed from work, and the most intimacy we had was the occasional kiss goodnight, the last of which was in early May.
Although sex stopped, we still get along well, and occupy our time with hobbies (fishing for me, library volunteering for her). It's just that the sexual desire vanished. Unfortunately, we just kept ignoring the issue so we wouldn't have to deal with it, and it's been like that for a while.
So you can imagine my surprise when last night, my wife pounces on me with absurd enthusiasm and practically begs to have sex. I was completely taken aback, we haven't even kissed since May and now she's desperate for sex? I tried to push her away for the moment and get my bearings but she wouldn't relent. I had to forcefully pin her arms down and tell her I wasn't in the mood (truthfully, I wasn't in the mood, the gym took a lot out of me yesterday, I had to get up early this morning, and all I wanted was sleep).
She didn't react well. She yelled at me for turning her down, kept saying things like "this isn't a marriage" and "you owe it to me", still kept pushing for sex (this time much more desperately), and only quieted down when I promised her we would have sex the following night (tonight), when I thankfully had some time off from work. I'm typing this from home right now, actually.
I'm suspicious, though. We haven't had any real intimacy at all for months, and all of a sudden she pounces on me with the sexual appetite of a newlywed? To suddenly reinvigorate our sex life without any preamble seemed very unlikely to me. Add in the fact that she's been increasingly out of the house for volunteer work at the library (as she claims) these last couple months, and my conclusion is that she either cheated and feels guilty so she's trying to lessen her guilt by having sex with me, or she got pregnant by another dude and now wants to have sex with me and pass it off as mine.
Those conclusions might be completely wrong since I don't have any real evidence, but my gut is suggesting the latter. I attempted to snoop just today but her phone's password changed. I feel almost certain that she cheated, but I'm praying I'm wrong for the sake of my family.
I do intend to confront her about this, both the suddenness of everything and her changed password (as we previously had open transparency), I just need some help putting my thoughts into words and I would like strangers' opinions on this situation. Regardless of what you say, though, I don't intend to have sex with her tonight, it was an empty promise so I could get some sleep. If my wife is being honest and faithful, we're going to rebuild our sex life the right way from the ground up, with dates and time and effort, not just suddenly jump into sex.
tl;dr: After months of no sex/intimacy, wife suddenly wants to have sex, got very angry and seemingly desperate when I rejected her. I think she might be cheating.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

self.relationships.sever(relationships.length);

I don't think self.relationships.sever() should take in any arguments.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
it just returns true anyways

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

Sentient Data posted:

Halloween's coming up soon, he should just be super romantic and dress up in a Darth Vader costume and drag her into a bounce house

As an old, I understand this reference.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

VioletCorsica posted:

My [33M] wife [32F] of 6 years suddenly/desperately wants to have sex despite our bedroom being dead for over 5 months.

The :smith: part about this one is no matter what the "truth" is, the marriage probably won't recover.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

mind the walrus posted:

The :smith: part about this one is no matter what the "truth" is, the marriage probably won't recover.
Man that one is sad. Too resentful to even reciprocate a momentary burst of passion in a way that could possibly save them. Too far gone, :sever: it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My [26m] girlfriend [23f] of 6 months cheated on me and is going on a date with the guy.Relationships

quote:

A month or so ago the girl I've been dating, Emma, got invited to a wedding. I didn't want to attend because we have a rocky enough relationship there's no telling how we'd be months later, also I didn't want to be a random Black dude at this wedding. Obviously this was a problem, and she invited somebody else, Danny. (edit, forgot in the title, I don't really know, but I'd guess he's 23 or 24)

This weekend the topic Danny came up. I asked how they knew each other.

They went to college together, didn't really hang out, but ended up at the same parties. Two months ago, she went back home for her college's graduation and bumped into him. Her words: "He was like "Emma! How've you been?" And I'm thinking, 'how have I been? you've never talked to me before.' and we chatted." That was the end of the story, which didn't exactly explain to me why she'd invite a college acquaintance to a wedding. So I asked, "Then what?"
"I spent the night with him." And said the rest with her face. We were having a rough week at the time, she wasn't sure if we were still going to be together, we fixed things when she got back, and it'd be too much to tell me about it then. So she never told me until now. She said she wasn't planning on telling me.

I'm furious. I have to admit I am not faultless. I have been distant and depressed and emotionally neglectful. I want to be clear that I've been unhelpful in keeping this relationship in the best spirits. I set the stage for this poo poo to occur. I know it's gross to blame myself, but she wouldn't've slept with him if I was better months ago, and she wouldn't go to this wedding with him if I was more sociable and interested in going to the wedding.
It went from "Holy poo poo, you cheated on me?" to "What the poo poo? You're going to this wedding with the guy you cheated on me with?!"
Yes. Yes, she is. She's not romantically interested in him. "He's fun." She just wants to have a good night, and doesn't want to invite women to events like this anymore. (these are both reasonable points.) She doesn't plan to sleep with him at/after the wedding, and if we're still together by the week of, she'd tell Danny. So he's out there and thinking he has a hot date planned which may or may not turn platonic a week beforehand, weirdly this bothers me too. She says it's too late to change any of these wedding plans now.
We have an up-and-down time, and I like her a lot and this is all a wakeup call to my shortcomings in this relationship. I need to be more attentive and open with her and (I think) I want to fix this (right?), but she is 100% okay with going on a date with the dude she cheated on me with. We've talked about it all, and we've figured some things out (weirdly, we had a nice weekend together), but she has no qualms about this.

Can you get past somebody cheating in a relationship? How?
Can you go on a hot, yet platonic date with somebody you cheated with? Should this not bother me?
Can I/should I work towards fixing this relationship?
Am I fool for needing to ask these questions?

tl;dr: Didn't want to go to a wedding, girlfriend invited somebody else. She secretly cheated on me with him months ago. She has no problem going on a platonic date with him, and that bothers me.

• Locked thread