Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

and sochi was a mess and bejing was going to kill everyone with toxic smog

here's the thing: the olympics themselves will look great when the camera is rolling. everything else is poo poo but when the lights go on Rio will be another boring olympic games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

LA, Sydney and Barcelona are the only 3 competent summer game host cities. let them take turns hosting from now on.

winter can stay in salt lake forever IMO.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

FCKGW posted:

and sochi was a mess and bejing was going to kill everyone with toxic smog

here's the thing: the olympics themselves will look great when the camera is rolling. everything else is poo poo but when the lights go on Rio will be another boring olympic games.

:911: at least we have something we can believe in

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
so we're just gonna ignore the "Everyone coming back from Rio will be hella infested with zika and Children of Men will become real" aspect, then

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

so we're just gonna ignore the "Everyone coming back from Rio will be hella infested with zika and Children of Men will become real" aspect, then

Sterilize all Olympians.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I fully agree that they'll look good on TV, that's why the "live" broadcast has a 1 hour delay (at minimum), I'm just on the edge of my seat to see how many non-sports-related records will be broken

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

p sure I already brought it back from Curacao a couple weeks ago, yw

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I've heard a few times about keeping the Olympics in one specific place, I've seen Greece mentioned, and not having the travel around, is this feasible/a good idea?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Sterilize all Olympians.

Sterile Olympians sounds like a good name for something

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

OldTennisCourt posted:

I've heard a few times about keeping the Olympics in one specific place, I've seen Greece mentioned, and not having the travel around, is this feasible/a good idea?
Worked fine for a thousand years or so.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Please, that's enough about the Olympics.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, train took his shoe off...:stare:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/aS8eotU.gifv

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

What did you loving expect to happen and what made you think that? Or does the Looney Tunes Speedy Gonzales hat answer that?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Testekill posted:

I think one of the stadiums specifically built for the Sydney Olympics is actually being used so that should count as a success.

They still use a lot of the place, I work out there often for events and so far I have done so in almost all facilities.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

OldTennisCourt posted:

If anything it would let their government pay off their usurious loans from the EU.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

The heffer you are the harder your fall.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rick_Hunter posted:

If anything it would let their government pay off their usurious loans from the EU.

Are you implying that a city/country makes money from having the Olympics? Because I assure you that's very rarely the case in modern times, and was very very very much not the case for Greece

Memento has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Aug 2, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Memento posted:

Are you implying that a city/country makes money from having the Olympics? Because I assure you that's very rarely the case in modern times, and was very very very much not the case for Greece

No, I'm saying that if the olympics were consistently held in one country they wouldn't have to invest in completely new infrastructure every 4 years and in the case of Greece it would allow them to pay off their EU loans.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rick_Hunter posted:

No, I'm saying that if the olympics were consistently held in one country they wouldn't have to invest in completely new infrastructure every 4 years and in the case of Greece it would allow them to pay off their EU loans.

That's a fair assessment. Greece would still find a way to make 10 billion dollars or more disappear into the pockets of contracting companies and politicians every four years without fail.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Don't forget that the IOC is so hilariously corrupt that FIFA looks honest by comparison.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Memento posted:

That's a fair assessment. Greece would still find a way to make 10 billion dollars or more disappear into the pockets of contracting companies and politicians every four years without fail.

Always a good chance for that.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Don't forget that the IOC is so hilariously corrupt that FIFA looks honest by comparison.

Someone tap that nice lady from the feds who went after FIFA and point her towards the IOC please. This thread could subsist for a year on that alone.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Outrail posted:

What did you loving expect to happen and what made you think that? Or does the Looney Tunes Speedy Gonzales hat answer that?

He expected to get whacked in the nuts and experience a lot of pain, so I guess he wins?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

OldTennisCourt posted:

Isn't Greece kind of a shithole anyway? I mean, not nearly to the extent of Brazil, but still.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

More people probably saw that here than on twitter

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some people also want to build a neutral Olympic Island to hold them every year.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

Some people also want to build a neutral Olympic Island to hold them every year.

At this point it'd probably be cheaper, more environmentally friendly and cause less deaths to hold the Olympics in space.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

At this point it'd probably be cheaper, more environmentally friendly and cause less deaths to hold the Olympics in space.

Well...

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TICjEsvC8o

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Some people are getting upset about some real-world authenticity in their fantasy soccer game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xt0zQFwqW0

One of the characters supposedly repeatedly calls opposing characters "oval office" when their shots are blocked.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Outrail posted:

Given the number of nutshot videos/gifs out there I wonder how many people have lost a testicle (or a dick) to stupid pranks.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

RNG posted:

Given the number of nutshot videos/gifs out there I wonder how many people have lost a testicle (or a dick) to stupid pranks.

Given that they keep being made, I'm pretty sure the answer is "Not enough."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RNG posted:

Doesn't Johnny Knoxville or Steve-O or someone have a permanent catheter or whatever because their urethra collapsed from so much dick trauma?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Doesn't Johnny Knoxville or Steve-O or someone have a permanent catheter or whatever because their urethra collapsed from so much dick trauma?

Knoxville. He tore his urethra during a Nitro Circus stunt when he tried to backflip a dirt bike and it landed directly on his penis, and he now has to insert a moist catheter into his urethra all the way to his bladder (about 10 or 11 inches) twice a day to prevent scar tissue from building up. If there was enough scar tissue to shrink his tube, he'd need an operation to widen it.

He's described his penis as "a sock that's lost its elasticity" and "a dog's chew toy". I think he also needs a catheter and bag to pee and has to have it connected when he's sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Mak0rz posted:

Vanity Fair interview:

quote:

You must have the record in testicle injuries. Have you started to build up a resistance, like calluses of the balls?

Knoxville: It’s just like a dog’s chew-toy down there. I broke my penis about three years ago trying to backflip a motorcycle. So that didn’t help its appearance—although it’s pretty cute. I still have to use a catheter twice a day and it’s been three years now.

You can’t pee without a catheter?

Knoxville: No, I can piss without it. I just have to keep the scar tissue from constricting down there. It looks like a sock that’s lost its elasticity. You know the kind that droop around your ankles? That’s what my penis looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l7DMP_8gFo