Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Amethyst posted:

No, i see a proprietary jack which will only work on one device

since it'll work with the iPhone, iPod, and iPad, that's ok though.

lmbo at anyone who wants to hook it up to their macbook pro though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

people are mad b/c now they cant hook their ipod up to their friends tape deck + get the new alien ant farm cd.

why would anyone do that? I don't think you're correct at all. I think what people are complaining about is apple adding dongles for no reason other than to scam people out of $20 every time they lose one.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

what dongle

i dont see a dongle

no one uses the headphones that come with it, they are garbage, and those are garbage if they are legit apple headphones

if I wanna charge and listen to things i need a dongle, and that is bad

3.5mm good, dongle bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

this used to be a 'sleek, hip multimedia experience'

look at all that poo poo

apple is bringing it back. First step: Dongles + headphones instead of just the headphones.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

since it'll work with the iPhone, iPod, and iPad, that's ok though.

lmbo at anyone who wants to hook it up to their macbook pro though

you know what would be better? something that works on all of those devices, and also every single other audio device in the entire world

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Amethyst posted:

you know what would be better? something that works on all of those devices, and also every single other audio device in the entire world

I guess I only use headphones occasionally with my iPhone and my MBP so v:shobon:v

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

framing the people who don't like this as somehow wanting to go back to flipphones and mini jacks is a pretty desperate move, even by insane fanboy standards

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I guess I only use headphones occasionally with my iPhone and my MBP so v:shobon:v

total brand loyalty is a pretty odd thing to be proud of

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

it's like sony when they made that bluetooth remote control for the PS3. it is the absolute right decision, but because no one else is willing to let go of their lovely and inferior technology, this will inevitably fail.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Amethyst posted:

total brand loyalty is a pretty odd thing to be proud of

I just use what I use because it works well for me so :confused:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

"hey I use a mac so I guess I better use a lovely android as well as a windows tablet because gently caress having anything actually work together"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i like and have many apple products but proprietary headphone jacks are not a selling point.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

"hey I use a mac so I guess I better use a lovely android as well as a windows tablet because gently caress having anything actually work together"

And yet here you are, defending the brand. funny that

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i'm the iud (?)

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

echinopsis posted:

give them the OK to use their most powerful servers

Looks like more plaks for u kanye

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

who goes around asking for a sim ejector tool? how often are you swapping sims around? are you one of those poors who switches prepaid plans every other month to save an extra $1?

do you enjoy wasting a dollar??

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

do you enjoy wasting a dollar??

when i go out to eat i always round my bills up to the nearest dollar (after the tip) so i've probably "wasted" dozens, literal dozens of dollas!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I can't remember the last time I charged my phone and listened to headphones simultaneously.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

sim swapping...............

text me

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the battery life of my iPhone 6s is so good I only charge it when I'm sleeping anyways

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
what's the current hotness with Bluetooth headphones these days

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Ludwig van Halen posted:

the battery life of my iPhone 6s is so good I only charge it when I'm sleeping anyways

way back when I was a poor with a poors car I used to do navigation with power + aux but now I'm a real person with a real job and I can use bluetooth and Apple Maps with its automatic lock screen directions and my battery is fresh as a daisy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i almost wouldn't have a problem with any of this if they would use usb c instead

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

triple sulk posted:

i almost wouldn't have a problem with any of this if they would use usb c instead

that would be equally inexcusable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ahmeni posted:

n/a

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mishaq posted:

that would be equally inexcusable

it would be inexcusable but at least usb c is becoming far more utilized across the board these days

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

triple sulk posted:

it would be inexcusable but at least usb c is becoming far more utilized across the board these days

Lightning is an international standard, much like Sony UMDs, and will gradually replace all other connectors.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

when i go out to eat i always round my bills up to the nearest dollar (after the tip) so i've probably "wasted" dozens, literal dozens of dollas!

enjoy never retiring

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

Lightning is an international standard, much like Sony UMDs, and will gradually replace all other connectors.

haha

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

we're all gonna die in the entrance of a megamart greeting people when our retirement accounts get gambled away by shitheads anyhow

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

ahmeni posted:

jaybird

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

triple sulk posted:

lightning is good and reversibility for usbc only exists because of it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the earpods are perfectly good for the only time you should be wearing earphones in public which is taking a work phone call. otherwise stop being antisocial

at home you should have a good stereo just plug your old headphones into that np

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

the earpods are perfectly good for the only time you should be wearing earphones in public which is taking a work phone call. otherwise stop being antisocial

at home you should have a good stereo just plug your old headphones into that np

Posting even more insanely retarded poo poo to cover up for the sincere retarded poo poo you posted earlier. A powerful technique.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow, you're pretty cranky about this. maybe you have a stress headache from the giant nerdcans you insist on wrapping your noggin with

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

this is real dumb jonny

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

wow, you're pretty cranky about this. maybe you have a stress headache from the giant nerdcans you insist on wrapping your noggin with

epic trolling my man. top tier foruming.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you have even less room to talk, you ride a motorcycle and should never have anything in your ears

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm really sorry you guys disagree with my thoughts on headphone use in public, but glad that we're good enough friends that we get through it all at the end of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm really sorry you guys disagree with my thoughts on headphone use in public, but glad that we're good enough friends that we get through it all at the end of the day.

haahaha, hahahah *throws your chipper rear end into a grain thresher*

• Locked thread