Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Pfox posted:

The best position is not high up in the corner of a room, but on the floor underneath a desk

QFT. I've never had a problem finding them unless they're under a goddamn desk. I never think to check!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't wait for this free weekend to be over so that the game is actually playable again.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I really hope we get a skyscraper level for the Japanese operators with lighting like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUyrRn-9rEQ

Triggs fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 1, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Patch notes.

Where's the Pulse unbuff, Hard.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

quote:

-Compass is now displayed when using Drones and Cameras
-Starting with this patch, Season Pass holders will have a 10% VIP discount for all content in the Shop. This discount will apply to both Renown and R6 Credit purchases made in the shop.
-FIXED – A player that is downed while vaulting is able to continue shooting until the vaulting animation is completed.

:toot:

quote:

-FIXED – AI is unable to throw C4.

:negative:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
just came here to post the C4 thing. drat. that plus the footstep change is gonna make things a lot harder.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Do we know if there's anything special about Caveira's handgun, apart from the way it looks?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

According to the wiki it's non-lethal and superstrong but who knows if that site is actually accurate.

The way the patch notes make it sound, it's just super quiet.

EDIT: Definitely didn't expect Capitão to be 3 speed 1 armor though.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 1, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Jehde posted:

Patch notes.

Where's the Pulse unbuff, Hard.

Everytime you mention Pulse i add an extra week before i do anything about it.

We're close to 2018 now.

e: I don't see the official trailer posted so here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 1, 2016

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hard posted:

Everytime you mention Pulse i add an extra week before i do anything about it.

We're close to 2018 now.

Please give Pulse the SMG-11 and the ability to use his gadget like IQ, thanks.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

quote:

COMPASS IS NOW DISPLAYED WHEN USING DRONES AND CAMERAS

Oh my ffffff

:perfect:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Foehammer posted:

Please give Pulse the SMG-11 and the ability to use his gadget like IQ, thanks.

Wrong. Give him the ability to use his shotgun with his gadget out.

Also give him 3 armor 3 speed

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hard, I think you should respond to complaints about Pulse by giving his gadget an additional meter of detection for each complaint about it being buffed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Good patch notes, I'm looking forward to the patch.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Just make IQ's gadget show an outline of pulse's head when he's using his scanner.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I mean it almost does that already. He holds his gadget in front of his face so just shoot around the center of the detection wave things.

EDIT: Some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631A2bjhwYs

EDIT DOIS: CAVEIRA OP HARD PLS NERF

EDIT TRES: Also Capitão actually looks like a lot of fun.

EDIT QUATRO: Also Favela looks like a lot of fun.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 1, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What time do patches and updates go live?

Edit: Thanks!

Gunder fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 1, 2016

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
These new nicknames are lackluster. I suggest renicknaming the attacking operator as 'Smash', cementing his true nature as Smoke + Ash.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Gunder posted:

What time do patches and updates go live?

Downtime:
PS4 9:00am-9:59am EDT
XB1 10:00am-10:59am EDT
PC 11:00am - 11:59am EDT

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
Hey, good patch hard.

Keep fixing your game

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

But if they fix the game then I won't be able to blame other people who are not me when I get owned.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Capitao's got fart darts and frags, he's gonna be a nightmare when you're attacking a planted defuser.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Holy poo poo that new defense operator looks good. Valkyrie + Pulse + Caveira dear God. You can run, but you can't hide.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I'm glad to see it looks like her auto-shotty continues the proud tradition of looking horrendously overpowered.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Koramei posted:

I'm glad to see it looks like her auto-shotty continues the proud tradition of looking horrendously overpowered.

The proud tradition for automatic shotguns in Siege is that they're complete garbage, though.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

The proud tradition for automatic shotguns in Siege is that they're complete garbage, though.

Pulse, Frost (even post-nerf), and Valkyrie show this to be false.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those are some good helpful patch notes. Let's compare them to from software's patch notes.

quote:

Adjusted the efficiency of the Greatshield category
Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category
Adjusted the efficiency of the category below:
Dragonslayer’s Axe
Crescent Axe
Dark Drift
Washing Pole
Moonlight Greatsword
Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category
Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category.
Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants.
Improved the password matching rate
Improved other game balance
Several game flaws fixed

Developers, please do patch notes like rainbow 6 thank you

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Pulse, Frost (even post-nerf), and Valkyrie show this to be false.

Those are semi-automatic. :v:

e; it's been so long since I touched the pile of garbage that is the Saiga that I thought it was automatic, but it's also semi-auto, so the joke about the Saiga being bad does not work and the proud tradition of automatic shotguns in Siege is literally nonexistent.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 2, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
"TACTICAL MAPS HAVE BEEN REDESIGNED TO PROVIDE MORE DETAIL"

Finally. Now can we get the room names (the ones that display when drone driving) displayed on the tactical maps like they were in the Alpha?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Haggard please, don't you all know them all by heart now ?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The BOPE operators' backstories makes no goddamn sense. But I think the worst bit is BOPE recruiting a CORE agent; should've at least added a bit about how he got kicked off the civilian police for being too brutal and then took another shot through the military police.

Sorry, just wanted to rant. I'm disappointed that one of the few times Brazil is represented like this, they get the easy stuff wrong. Ultimately it doesn't matter.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Those are semi-automatic. :v:

e; it's been so long since I touched the pile of garbage that is the Saiga that I thought it was automatic, but it's also semi-auto, so the joke about the Saiga being bad does not work and the proud tradition of automatic shotguns in Siege is literally nonexistent.

Today we all played the fool.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hard posted:

Haggard please, don't you all know them all by heart now ?
No, I constantly get things wrong and teammates don't know what I am talking about. Common names should be exposed as often as possible please, not just in the corner of your screen in the drone phase.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 2, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

No, I constantly get things wrong and teammates don't know what I am talking about. Common names should be exposed as often as possible please, not just in the corner of your screen in the drone phase.

For reals. I'm tired of "spiral stairs" and "service stairs" meaning something completely different every match on Consulate.

But first unbuff Pulse.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

From the Dust Line update:

quote:

Thermite swaps Frag Grenades for Stun Grenades

We are swapping Thermite’s Frag Grenades for Stun Grenades. There are two reasons behind this change. The first reason is that Thermite has a very important unique gadget, making him one of the most pivotal Operators in an attacking team. The second reason is to limit the number of concurrent Operators that can bring Frag Grenades on the field. To us, two Operators with frag grenades is more than enough for an attacking team, and more than two would make it a lot harder for the Defenders to protect their objective. This will make Thermite slightly less offensive, while giving him more utility.

And now:

So they take frags away from Thermite citing too many nades on attackers, then give them to the new DLC operator that costs 25k renown or the season pass?

Hard, between this and a lot of the DLC operators being insanely powerful (Blackbeard, Valkyrie (SPAS-12) and Frost for 3 months) do you see how this is a really bad look? I get you need to make them good and competitive but the Thermite situation just seems like an unnecessary nerf to incentivize season pass buying.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace

amitlu posted:

So they take frags away from Thermite citing too many nades on attackers, then give them to the new DLC operator that costs 25k renown or the season pass?
They gave sound reasoning for removing frags from Thermite.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thermite's kills went way down after the change primarily because while his gun is super hard hitting it's also slow as gently caress. DBNOing people is really common and having frags to just chuck it at them while they were down was a godsend.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thermite doesn't need frags.

The point about too many operators with frags is valid, though, and the solution is to reduce the number of carried frag grenades to one. Maybe give frags to someone else, too, that way the total number of frags the attackers can bring is still four.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Triggs posted:

I really hope we get a skyscraper level for the Japanese operators with everything like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wRZCV7naE

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Balancing while taking the future into account is almost impossible especially in a multiplayer game where the meta is constantly evolving.
Some changes that appeared relevant at the time might not be a few months later this is why different things are tried. That doesn't mean they are set in stone.

• Locked thread