Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

Have you met daggoth "bought a terrible fit titan with only one account" ur?

I really dislike daggoth ur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

yeah wtf was he thinking trying to remake Numidium

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Syndic Thrass posted:

Are you going to this next evelanta I'm getting emails about

Yeah what's the details? I never get emails about that stuff

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I am within driving range of atlanta.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I am within driving range of anywhere in North and South America

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I regret not going to Eve Atlanta.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

When is the next eve Atlanta?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Elsa posted:

I am within driving range of anywhere in North and South America

Eve Tierra del Fuego is also this weekend. You should go.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

p7hk9 posted:

Eve Tierra del Fuego is also this weekend. You should go.

I dunno, it's kinda far.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Evelanta details are here according to the email: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4ut4kc/eveatlanta_15th_and_16th_october_2016_at/

gently caress reddit

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Zephyrine posted:

With the current pirate capitals trend. Is the Angel dread going to be a Naglfar with bonuses to warp speed?

The angel rag would be a warp speed bonused optimal range bonused rag. So, you know, 300km optimal artillery with short range ammo.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

vulvamancer posted:

The angel rag would be a warp speed bonused optimal range bonused rag. So, you know, 300km optimal artillery with short range ammo.

Speaking of which. Did any dreads ever really use their long range weapons?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

Speaking of which. Did any dreads ever really use their long range weapons?

I haven't seen massed dreads with long range weapons since B-R. Short range has been the default for years.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ullerrm posted:

I haven't seen massed dreads with long range weapons since B-R. Short range has been the default for years.

Rail Moros to the rescue?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

Rail Moros to the rescue?

Honestly, thinking more Cruise Phoenix, since the Citadel Torp Phoenix is so poo poo.

One problem with the long range weapons on dreads atm is that they really shine with T2 ammo, but T2 turrets are still relatively rare amongst much of capswarm.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Honestly, thinking more Cruise Phoenix, since the Citadel Torp Phoenix is so poo poo.

One problem with the long range weapons on dreads atm is that they really shine with T2 ammo, but T2 turrets are still relatively rare amongst much of capswarm.

I even trained Citadel torps to 5 to be ready for patch.

Now I'm training into T2 capital projectiles. Because as good as the Rev is at the moment. I don't expect CCP to let it remain on top for long.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

I went on ashers haw dread/cerb fleet last night. Those HAW's just spray ammo don't they. It was actually kinda awesome to watch.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Anyone here have the pulse of what's going on with our allies in Stainwagon?

As far as I can tell, INFAMOUS (aka Lenny Kravitz's alliance) just got taken over by some ex-Brave who are afraid they may lose their ratting space, and their renters may or may not have just bent the knee to FCON (?!). I don't know the history of these groups very well and reddit is as reddit does so I'm sure that's not a complete telling, but it looks like a poo poo show.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/I_N_F_A_M_O_U_S/events
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/I_N_G_L_O_R_I_O_U_S/events

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

B-R used long range ammo?

For me I remember the meta used to be long range guns all the time during Great War 1/2 campaigns - then I came back from 4 years of inactivity in 2013 and found out that it had all switched to short range meta.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Goatman Sacks posted:

For me I remember the meta used to be long range guns all the time during Great War 1/2 campaigns - then I came back from 4 years of inactivity in 2013 and found out that it had all switched to short range meta.

Probably because of combat probing being easier now to warp to people on grid

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Sunber posted:

Probably because of combat probing being easier now to warp to people on grid

Not to mention the warp speed changes means that anything that warps slower than a dictor runs a great risk of being pounced on by a short range weapon fleet.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

B-R used long range ammo?

Most of the dreads at B-R were probably "omega fleet" fit. There was this thing we tried during the halloween war called omega fleet. Somebody mathed it out and said you needed like 46 or 56 arty nags to alpha slowcat carrier.

Thats great! we can put hundreds of dreads on field at a time! It turns out eve math and what the server actually does are two different things.

Yes 40 or 50 nags can alpha a slowcat carrier, but when 2000+ nerds are in system, 10x that many sentry drones are pooped out and firing and the node is on fire it doesnt actually happen.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The long range guns were to sit outside of bouncer II optimals and not get shredded by slowcats

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

The long range guns were to sit outside of bouncer II optimals and not get shredded by slowcats

Right I was in capswarm at the time - but PL adapted to that in like 3 days by offloading the logistics part of the slowcat fleet to Aeons, allowing the Archons to fit drone link augs that gave them the range to fire back to Nag range anyway (wrecking ball). Plus if I recall correctly we were sold long range guns, but were only supposed to equip them if asked. I lost my Nag in HED- and my quad 3500s stayed in G-0 until recently when they changed the packaged gun size and I was able to sneak them both out in a blockade runner.

I don't think omegafleet was ever actually fielded, since PL just fixed the flaws in less than a week.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Goatman Sacks posted:

by offloading the logistics part of the slowcat fleet to Aeons,

I thought they did this long before we announced omegafleet to make our ewar less effective?

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016
I think they should up the lock range of dreads. Like what's the point of xl tremor when you can't even get to your optimal without 3 sebos.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

BAE B BLUE posted:

I think they should up the lock range of dreads. Like what's the point of xl tremor when you can't even get to your optimal without 3 sebos.

I can agree with that. It's a pretty big oversight when minmatar guns operate in falloff.

up thread there was talk about Angel cap warp speed. If nothing has changed since I looked, back when caps were allowed to take gates again, all caps including freighters, supers, and titans have the same 1.5 AU/s warp speed. Completely devoid of personality because why would you warp a capital am I right?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

Not to mention the warp speed changes means that anything that warps slower than a dictor runs a great risk of being pounced on by a short range weapon fleet.

I was kind of "meh" when the warp speed differences came out, and thought it would mostly affect logisticians. To CCP's credit, it's had a fun effect on the PVP meta and is relatively balanced. BS and BC could probably stand to be a touch faster in warp by default, but on the whole it works well.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gwrtheyrn posted:

I thought they did this long before we announced omegafleet to make our ewar less effective?

That was the other reason, it was a two birds/one stone situation, because were having limited success against pure archons by zapping them with 200 celestis and DPSing with 400 megas - the damps combined with the inevitable tidi of the sentry drone era allowed us to actually dent their carriers, as was shown in Z9PP. Anyway I'm pretty sure the wrecking ball concept was revealed explicitly to counteract our omegafleet announcement.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Missed u guys.

No not really but thought it prudent to catch up on what I have been missing in game. I plexed up some accounts with the intention of actually logging in and moving and then... didn't. I still might someday maybe. Dunno. Took inventory and realized that I have way too many interceptor pilots. If I could multibox worth a poo poo maybe I could be the next sa matra. Perhaps I'll care enough to log in again someday. Someday. (PCUs keep dropping)

Someday.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Goatman Sacks posted:

That was the other reason, it was a two birds/one stone situation, because were having limited success against pure archons by zapping them with 200 celestis and DPSing with 400 megas - the damps combined with the inevitable tidi of the sentry drone era allowed us to actually dent their carriers, as was shown in Z9PP. Anyway I'm pretty sure the wrecking ball concept was revealed explicitly to counteract our omegafleet announcement.

There is a world of difference between 100 meta fit TEST carriers and a 255 man titan-boosted PL Slowcat fleet. Even if you could theoretically take on the latter with subcaps, there isn't a node in the world that could support the numbers you'd need.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Who do I have to sell my soul to in servitude to rejoin Waffe?

If bribes are needed I can pay you in gobloons.

You have to spend them at the Horde giftship though.

For ten gobloons you can buy a ticket to Jeffraiders web show.
For a hundred gobloons Jeffraider will follow you on twitter.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

lmao, just lmao.

Re-app and people might push yes, but if they've read your kool-aid as gently caress posting, they probably wont.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Zephyrine posted:

Why would you want to rejoin after all the terrible things you've said about us since you left? Who do you think would treat you with any kindness if they had read SA for the last 3 months?

Maybe you'd be better off analyzing why whatever whims you followed when things looked bad have changed now that things are looking up. It's not an attractive personality trait to front-run.

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 2, 2016

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

So you tell Pandemic Horde for a month that Goons are cancer, they ruined the game, and that you joined them to finally be free of the hostile and toxic place that is Waffe. So why would anyone let you back in? I find it funny that you said all that poo poo on SA and all that poo poo in horde and expect to be welcomed back with open arms now that we are back to the swing of things.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Jimmie Åkesson, guardian protector of the totally-not-racist website Flashback.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hi boat

no boats allowed

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

Send me 4 astrahus and a keepstar ill let you into amok.

harlyq fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ahahah

If that's actually someone's searchable name eat poo poo

• Locked thread