Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fishmech posted:

Go all in on Hillary Wins Georgia. :madmax:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Somehow still trading at 23c, a good bet if you ask me forums user a cop.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

FourLeaf posted:

I thought you were back in the game? What happened?

Lost it all betting on polls.......

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

a cop posted:

Bad, a cop!!! Bad!!!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

a cop posted:

Please put this in the OP.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

29.8m viewers, really??? gently caress OFF!!!

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That .2 was a real big difference for me, crazy that it was so close

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Lmao God drat

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

PRAISE JESUS

Baddog
May 12, 2001
ahhh gently caress I thought everyone was gonna watch this "historical" nomination speech, especially given the amount of "this is my fight song" estrogen thats been pumping through my facebook feed this week.

and she comes in way lower than trump. jesus christ.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Same. I only put :10bux: on a high one though, cause in the end it's still hillary speaking

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah, super glad I bought in on Hillary having less viewers when it was cheaper - she was on 2 fewer stations and on top of that everyone knows what Clinton's going to say. People tuned in to Trump to see if he'd take a big dump on the stage and say "You're still votin for me!"

Surprised it came so close though. She probably would have easily beat him if they had as many stations.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Baddog posted:

ahhh gently caress I thought everyone was gonna watch this "historical" nomination speech, especially given the amount of "this is my fight song" estrogen thats been pumping through my facebook feed this week.

*click*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I called B5 early on, but then the DNC posted 25m each night. So I exited at a loss and took a "safe" position. Goddamn, I say, goddamn.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Some Trumpling took $600 right out of my pocket. I am utterly undone.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why is DWS winning her primary only on 75 right now?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nirvikalpa posted:

Why is DWS winning her primary only on 75 right now?

People are reacting to the considerably bad press she's been getting. I think it's a fair drop since she's become a personal target for bernouts country-wide which is unusual notoriety for someone in the house.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Necc0 posted:

People are reacting to the considerably bad press she's been getting. I think it's a fair drop since she's become a personal target for bernouts country-wide which is unusual notoriety for someone in the house.

Yeah, her opponent is ridiculously well-funded for a House run (esp a primary run at that). She's still the massively popular incumbent though.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why does Trump have to say something dumb every day. How am I supposed to pick up Hilary share for cheap?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

whatever7 posted:

Why does Trump have to say something dumb every day. How am I supposed to pick up Hilary share for cheap?

You could take this as an opportunity to get cheap Hillary NO's that you can sell when the price is where you want to buy Hillary YES's.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

EngineerSean posted:

You could take this as an opportunity to get cheap Hillary NO's that you can sell when the price is where you want to buy Hillary YES's.

Hillary is going to have to really gently caress up to get to a worse place than she was prior to the DNC. Best hope is that Trump succeeds in pulling a Romney in the first debate.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

Hillary is going to have to really gently caress up to get to a worse place than she was prior to the DNC. Best hope is that Trump succeeds in pulling a Romney in the first debate.

Look, you either

a) Think the price will never go down again - Buy YES today, hold til election day.

b) Think the price will go down to a price that you like in the future - Buy NO today, sell when the price gets to the price that you like, buy YES then.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Baddog posted:

Clinton supporters are more likely to be young cord-cutters. Trump supporters are the people who help make NCIS the most-watched drama on network television. If they ever made a market on the number of times the Clinton balloon meme gets shared compared to some Trump meme, that would be a contest.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I ended up sitting out this week of TvC polls (except for a $6 lottery ticket that I turned into $1 lol) but I think the gap between TvC is going to widen next week and that C+4 or C+5 will be pretty decent bets, depending on the price you can get for them.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's an interesting market

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/570/Will-President-Obama-transfer-or-release-all-Gitmo-detainees-before-leaving-office#data

I bought a couple of shares of NO at 87

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Interesting, but a long time to wait for a 10% payoff (unless he summarily closes it next week without congress ~somehow~). Market wouldn't close until late January, theoretically.

Better to bet on VA going Dem--81c YES at the moment.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Managed to grab a bunch of these in the low 60s and sold at 91 a while ago. It's a pretty safe bet if you're willing to hold on to it for the rest of his term.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

in terms of safe bets, Minnesota dem yes can still be had in the low 80s.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
How did dws resigning by end of july resolve? I still dont see any sort of formal resignation, just "after the convention".

Any way to look up resolved contracts if you weren't involved in them?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Baddog posted:

How did dws resigning by end of july resolve? I still dont see any sort of formal resignation, just "after the convention".

Any way to look up resolved contracts if you weren't involved in them?

You can't search for them but this link should work

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/3017/Will-Debbie-Wasserman-Schultz-remain-DNC-chair-through-July#data

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just pop the topic into google and you can find old contracts

Donna Brazile took over on Friday, and the contract resolved "no."

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

G-Hawk posted:

in terms of safe bets, Minnesota dem yes can still be had in the low 80s.

Awesome find, thanks!

SHINEBLOCKA
Oct 17, 2009

I've got it in for your girlf
If you're betting value bets out to the general election, just put it all here on "NO": https://www.predictit.org/Contract/612/Will-the-Democratic-presidential-nominee-win-at-least-370-electoral-votes-in-2016#data

370 Electoral votes is a LOT. It's not going to happen.

For further evidence see here: https://www.predictit.org/Market/2336/How-many-Electoral-College-votes-will-be-cast-for-the-winner-of-the-2016-presidential-election

combined odds this thing is a landslide: < 20 and I think that's generous.

I'm hunting for bets that payoff before then though.

SHINEBLOCKA has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Aug 1, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

SHINEBLOCKA posted:

If you're betting value bets out to the general election, just put it all here on "NO": https://www.predictit.org/Contract/612/Will-the-Democratic-presidential-nominee-win-at-least-370-electoral-votes-in-2016#data

For further evidence see here: https://www.predictit.org/Market/2336/How-many-Electoral-College-votes-will-be-cast-for-the-winner-of-the-2016-presidential-election

Yeah, she would have to win all of the traditional swing states, plus probably... NC, Georgia, and Arizona? Maybe Indiana like Obama did in 2008 instead of one of those? Even if things get out of hand that seems extraordinarily unlikely.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SHINEBLOCKA posted:

You can still buy DWS winning her primary for less than 80 cents. Florida primaries are August 30th.

SHINEBLOCKA
Oct 17, 2009

I've got it in for your girlf

Gyges posted:

You can still buy DWS winning her primary for less than 80 cents. Florida primaries are August 30th.

already maxed that one out a week ago

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Paul Ryan's primary market collapsed today when Trump tweeted about his opponent, Paul Nehlen: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/2634/Will-Paul-Ryan-win-the-Republican-primary-in-Wisconsin's-1st-Congressional-District#data

prices still around 90c, and the vote apparently happens in 8 days

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

how long does an ACH withdrawal usually take to go through?

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gyges posted:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/tim-canovas-poll-shows-he-is-eight-points-behind-debbie-wasserman-schultz/2287632

quote:

Tim Canova's poll shows he is eight points behind Debbie Wasserman Schultz

A poll done for Tim Canova shows he is eight points behind longtime incumbent U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

The poll showed that Wasserman Schultz leads 46-38 percent with 16 percent undecided. Her lead narrows after the pollster provided positive and negative information about the candidates, but the press release from Canova's campaign didn't reveal the information provided to voters.

Canova and Wasserman Schultz are competing in a Democratic primary in the Broward/Miami-Dade Congressional District 23. The primary is Aug. 30th but voters are already casting ballots by mail.

The poll showed that 52 percent of respondents view Wasserman Schultz favorably and 35 percent unfavorably while 13 percent have no opinion of her or never heard of her. For Canova, his favorable-unfavorable split is 32-8 percent.

But the poll shows Canova's biggest weakness: 60 percent of voters have no opinion/never heard of him. Despite his national media exposure due to Bernie Sanders endorsing him and his prolific fundraising, he is a first-time candidate who isn't well known in the district. Wasserman Schultz has been an elected official for more than two decades -- first in the state Legislature and elected to Congress in 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bullfrog posted:

how long does an ACH withdrawal usually take to go through?

It shouldn't take more than 5 days, more typically its under 3 days.

• Locked thread