Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Maybe he can explore an abandoned mall next? Those always seem more creepy than they should. They also probably still have the smell from long forgotten pretzel stores lingering somehow.
I don't know why the video was made, but from a Silent Hill fan standpoint it's kind of fascinating.

I'd be down for a series of Urban Exploration videos with a Silent Hill theme and creepy music played over the top.

-Prison
-Elementary school
-Amusement park
-Apartment building
-Hospital
-Subway

I think that about covers it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If they are brave enough, they could always visit Pripyat.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jack Gladney posted:

Most of those Internet shits who hate women make me want to bully them. Like, just knock the books out of their hands and dunk their heads into toilets and humiliate them in front of their fathers. I don't like that feeling at all.

That's how this all started, put a stop to the vicious cycle, be the change you want to see in the world

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Augus posted:

That's how this all started, put a stop to the vicious cycle, be the change you want to see in the world

From a view of personal junk/people I've seen around in person, a bunch of these alt-right fuckers were the bullies a deal of the time, whether it was being outwardly abusive or manipulative weasely creeps, they're just scared at actually being highlighted as horrible people more now.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 1, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Not to deny that bullying is a huge thing, but I think a lot of adult men who consider themselves "persecuted geeks" are in fact just people who happened to not be popular and absorb a victimization complex from media propagating the "nerds and other cool outsiders get picked on by dumb jocks and preps" to justify their lack of success.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Maybe he can explore an abandoned mall next? Those always seem more creepy than they should. They also probably still have the smell from long forgotten pretzel stores lingering somehow.

I’d do a video exploring our local abandoned mall, but the last people to give it a really thorough exploration found a corpse there.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

WickedHate posted:

Not to deny that bullying is a huge thing, but I think a lot of adult men who consider themselves "persecuted geeks" are in fact just people who happened to not be popular and absorb a victimization complex from media propagating the "nerds and other cool outsiders get picked on by dumb jocks and preps" to justify their lack of success.

Basically. Almost every bad thing that's ever been done has been because the person feels like they're 'taking back' something that's been lost or making up for something. Even as a kid I thought Daffy Duck had a persecution complex that led to him compounding his problems.

I've been armchair diagnosing cartoons all my life

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Hbomberguy posted:

Even as a kid I thought Daffy Duck had a persecution complex that led to him compounding his problems.

I've been armchair diagnosing cartoons all my life

I'd recommend watching The Looney Tunes Show. It's really different and low-key and it flips the power dynamic so Bugs Bunny's the straight-man and Daffy's the foil. It's like a bunch of writers from Seinfeld and Frasier decided to write for a cartoon. It's not super sophisticated but it's more than you'd expect from a Looney Tunes spinoff.

edit: Two quick problems to point out though, it does suffer from a lack of incidental music that can make it feel stilted sometimes. Also an unimportant but glaring animation error that happens a lot is when the characters are overlaid on the background but retain shadows for much closer objects. So if the wall is five feet away the shadow makes it look like the wall's half an inch away.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 1, 2016

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

echopapa posted:

I’d do a video exploring our local abandoned mall, but the last people to give it a really thorough exploration found a corpse there.

Yikesaroni! Is there a news article about this?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MrSlam posted:

edit

Screw it. Argument's as empty as the quotes

Here's Phelous exploring an abandoned prison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO20UwLPYhc

I rate this prison 0/10

drat, you got some real grit Lupa to be willing to touch things there with your bare hands :stare:

Yardbomb posted:

Some people legitimately deserve a fist in the face.

Why do you think its so popular on the internet? Can't punch someone through a computer screen!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

cat doter posted:

that sargon guy laughing at sexual assault made me legit mad and I want to punch him really hard in the face and cause him physical harm and I'm usually a pretty reasonable guy

does that mean I've lost the ideological internet war

am I not one of the reasonableists

I do find it funny that how much those sorts prattle on about Anita being a scam artist when Sargon raised a few thousand pounds for a game that he just eventually cancelled after it was about two years late.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hbomb, I liked your ending monologue to Idiot Wars. It is kind of nice that humans in Star Wars aren't racist to each other. Then again, they're nice and racist to those drat wookiees.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hbomb, I liked your ending monologue to Idiot Wars. It is kind of nice that humans in Star Wars aren't racist to each other. Then again, they're nice and racist to those drat wookiees.

to be fair wookiees have to smell bad.

MrSlam posted:

I'd recommend watching The Looney Tunes Show. It's really different and low-key and it flips the power dynamic so Bugs Bunny's the straight-man and Daffy's the foil. It's like a bunch of writers from Seinfeld and Frasier decided to write for a cartoon. It's not super sophisticated but it's more than you'd expect from a Looney Tunes spinoff.

edit: Two quick problems to point out though, it does suffer from a lack of incidental music that can make it feel stilted sometimes. Also an unimportant but glaring animation error that happens a lot is when the characters are overlaid on the background but retain shadows for much closer objects. So if the wall is five feet away the shadow makes it look like the wall's half an inch away.

i use to know a guy who hated the looney toon show because it ruined lola bunny's character from space jam.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

I didded a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEdewjDYBJg

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Leal posted:

drat, you got some real grit Lupa to be willing to touch things there with your bare hands :stare:

That's not me in the video, that's Phelan's sister Kyna. ;) She was brave though, gotta admit.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

T'was a good thing.

Though I find it funny that basically every time theatre of the absurd is brought up, so is Waiting for Godot. Like they go hand in hand, you can't discuss one without the other. I suppose it's partly because it's the most referenced that it remains that most referenced, so it's become the most mainstream of absurd theatre.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Cyron posted:

i use to know a guy who hated the looney toon show because it ruined lola bunny's character from space jam.

She's got a (cartoon) personality, she's funny, and she participates in the stories in meaningful ways...but I think your friend's upset they reduced her breast and hip size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCqn8Eap-k

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

Hbomberguy posted:

Somegreybloke and I are pals. He got me my first proper freelance work. I got him to record that line for the video because I thought it would be funny. We might have something else in the works, actually.

That's really cool! Small world. I showed a bunch of e-friends his stuff before. Sorry about the :words:, bad pop-sci is a pet peeve.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Jim Sterling did a video about how Survival Games have become babysitting simulators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvhdU6p1XhI
More specifically how often survival games have become the same, and that the ridiculously greedy meters force you to constantly forage and sleep like you're some Elephant Shrew mixed with a hummingbird. Even more so by how survival mechanics are supposed to provide "realism and immersion", when in reality people can go for much longer without food, water and sleep. Also some Konami News, their revenue is down, the Pachinko machine a bust and now they're trying to get back into gamers' good graces. The best part is that their profits are up, because of Metal Gear Solid 5, and they fired the guy who had this series as a lifelong career. Oh the irony is rich.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

Miss Wallace posted:

Yikesaroni! Is there a news article about this?

Sure is! The whole mall is blurred out on Google Street View, but I took a picture of it last time I was in the area.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Saw this earlier, I find it so interesting how Shakespeare gets interpreted over the years. Your Shakespeare Month videos honestly make me more interested in Shakespeare than all those years in highschool!

I was also curious if you had heard about a manga called Requiem of the Rose King. Its an adaptation of Richard III and Henry IV, where the "deformity" that Shakespeare said Richard had was being born intersex. It's actually a really good story about gender and sexuality, and unlike a lot of other similar manga, Richard always identifies as male, even as he starts to fall in love with Henry. It probably wouldn't fit into your videos, since you do movies, but I thought I'd recommend it, since its a a good series regardless.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There's often a ton of Shakespeare references in anime. Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwrtTb_das

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

If you’d like to learn more about the financial side of the movie world, Open University is offering a free six-week course in the business of film starting on October 17.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Miss Wallace posted:

That's not me in the video, that's Phelan's sister Kyna. ;) She was brave though, gotta admit.

Yeah when I saw the video on Patreon I assumed it was you at first as well. Your voices sound similar, at least on their camera.

FYI Phelous has another exploration video of a house abandoned in the 1960s up on patreon.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tracula posted:

I do find it funny that how much those sorts prattle on about Anita being a scam artist when Sargon raised a few thousand pounds for a game that he just eventually cancelled after it was about two years late.

The funny thing about that is that some people on his side did call him out on that, which led to him suddenly making new Devblogs after like a year of silence and saying that everybody had no idea what they were talking about and that Necromancer will be totally out ya gaizzz. Then that happened.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Annointed posted:

Also some Konami News, their revenue is down, the Pachinko machine a bust and now they're trying to get back into gamers' good graces. The best part is that their profits are up, because of Metal Gear Solid 5, and they fired the guy who had this series as a lifelong career. Oh the irony is rich.

I genuinely find this hard to believe, because there is never not someone on a pachislot machine in Japan. On top of that, Konami just sold a bunch of brand new DDR machines to Dave & Busters locations all over the US, and those are getting tons of play. Their revenue stream seems to be doing quite well.

Of course, one curious thing Konami did recently was release a couple TG-16 games stateside on the Wii U Virtual Console out of nowhere, so who knows.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I genuinely find this hard to believe, because there is never not someone on a pachislot machine in Japan. On top of that, Konami just sold a bunch of brand new DDR machines to Dave & Busters locations all over the US, and those are getting tons of play. Their revenue stream seems to be doing quite well.

Of course, one curious thing Konami did recently was release a couple TG-16 games stateside on the Wii U Virtual Console out of nowhere, so who knows.

Or you know just read their financial statements? :shrug:

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

echopapa posted:

Sure is! The whole mall is blurred out on Google Street View, but I took a picture of it last time I was in the area.

God, that's so sad. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MiddleOne posted:

Or you know just read their financial statements? :shrug:

Look, man, I don't have time for your facts and documents.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc

This'll end well.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

*sigh* I don't wanna watch this, I don't wanna find out the RLM crew are on the Sargon Scale.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

I laughed. :D

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 2, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigRed0427 posted:

*sigh* I don't wanna watch this, I don't wanna find out the RLM crew are on the Sargon Scale.

In a shocking twist, the people behind A Basement Rapist :airquote: Sexually Charged Murderer :airquote: Reviews have lovely politics.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

I'm sick of people like Rich Evans saying they prefer the gimmicky reboot rather than the tried-and-true original.

Twinkie with green filling superior to the original? Come on, man!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The video raises some decent points, such as people making up their minds to support it before it released and Sony being despicable and not deleting sexist comments so it could garner publicity for its product instead of protecting its actors, but as a whole its very boring and comes off as kind of whiny. Another internet reviewer implied you're sexist for not liking a movie? Shrug it off, it's just the loving web and they're probably pretty dumb. No need to go into 20 minute detail about this stupid poo poo and encourage douchebag MRAs with this crap.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BigRed0427 posted:

Honestly it's more of a MundaneMatt scale. No joke he's probably made more then twenty videos about Ghostbusters now and at least half of those probably come after he said he was done doing videos about it. He's probably spent double the run time of the movie just bitching about the various things the actresses have said, Sonys marketing, etc.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Like, you don't like the movie. Fine. But when you say the new ghostbusters is a notch above loving Pixles a big red flag goes off for me. Then your making a second video...why?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 2, 2016

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

In a shocking twist, the people behind A Basement Rapist :airquote: Sexually Charged Murderer :airquote: Reviews have lovely politics.

Hahahahaha no

Actually watch the video before crucifying them jesus. I mean considering there were quite a few people in this thread who were calling James Rolfe sexist and all sorts of crap because he made a video explaining why he wasn't going to see it, I wasn't expecting a better type of reaction than the stupid one you gave here but still.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BigRed0427 posted:

Like, you don't like the movie. Fine. But when you say the new ghostbusters is a notch above loving Pixles a big red flag goes off for me. Then your making a second video...why?

I'd agree that it is. Pixles would've been a pretty forgettable dull movie if it weren't for the blatant narcism from Sandler. Ghostbusters not having it, does give it a slightly higher edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

But when you say the new ghostbusters is a notch above loving Pixles a big red flag goes off for me.

Why?

• Locked thread